4th of July fast approching

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

woofman34 #1 Posted Jun 02 2018 - 12:20

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 31179 battles
  • [SG] SG

With the great American freedom celebration of the 4th of July fast approaching I would like to share with you a few videos that remind me what we as Americans are all about.

Fractured_Raptor #2 Posted Jun 02 2018 - 12:25

Captain

• -Players-
  • 21841 battles
  • [O-VER] O-VER
Ah. America. I'd point out a lot of reasons why it's no so great but some butt-hurt snowflake will get me in trouble for political crap again. One warning strike is enough, thank you very much.

shinglefoot #3 Posted Jun 02 2018 - 12:36

Major

• Players
  • 23573 battles
  • [LONER] LONER
     This thread is going places...bad places.

Fractured_Raptor #4 Posted Jun 02 2018 - 12:49

Captain

• -Players-
  • 21841 battles
  • [O-VER] O-VER

View Postshinglefoot, on Jun 02 2018 - 06:36, said:

This thread is going places...bad places.

Oh. If I had written and digitally signed permission from the top Mod that I could let loose in this thread it would be bad beyond measure. 

woofman34 #5 Posted Jun 02 2018 - 13:06

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 31179 battles
  • [SG] SG

Cognitive_Dissonance #6 Posted Jun 02 2018 - 13:20

Major

• Players
  • 40555 battles
  • [ANASS] ANASS

View PostFractured_Raptor, on Jun 02 2018 - 05:49, said:

Oh. If I had written and digitally signed permission from the top Mod that I could let loose in this thread it would be bad beyond measure. 

I wish you would, because when you started to cite our sins, as a avid and well read historian (amatuer), I would then list off the sins of all European, Middle Eastern, Sino countries as they perpetrated them long before we did.

Case in point, my favorite one is how the UK invaded Afghanistan no less than THREE times during the 1700's to create a "buffer" against Russian expansion "aggression" into their little colony of India. Sound familiar? Oh and France and the little escapades with puppet governments in Indo-China.

Please, we learned from the best, and those are easy examples, I have so many more from so many countries, within the last 50 years. Lets tango!

CCCP_GDR #7 Posted Jun 02 2018 - 13:29

Major

• Players
  • 80020 battles

One nation under Jerry Springer

with prescription medication

and endless litigation for all

:sceptic:

Dain_Ironfoot_ #8 Posted Jun 02 2018 - 13:32

Major

• -Players-
  • 23024 battles
  • [4HIM] 4HIM

View PostCognitive_Dissonance, on Jun 02 2018 - 12:20, said:

I wish you would, because when you started to cite our sins, as a avid and well read historian (amatuer), I would then list off the sins of all European, Middle Eastern, Sino countries as they perpetrated them long before we did.

Case in point, my favorite one is how the UK invaded Afghanistan no less than THREE times during the 1700's to create a "buffer" against Russian expansion "aggression" into their little colony of India. Sound familiar? Oh and France and the little escapades with puppet governments in Indo-China.

Please, we learned from the best, and those are easy examples, I have so many more from so many countries, within the last 50 years. Lets tango!

Exactly... certain people love to hate on America while ignoring that pretty much every government behaves the same way or worse, while at the same time stifling free speech and other things that the US has going for them that other countries don't.  Hopefully we/they will all learn and get better.  It's the same deal with the whole slavery and white supremacist narrative... every race has enslaved other races and their own race as well, and still are... yet all white americans are apparently to blame for every bad thing that happens across the globe, based solely on the color of their skin.  Then you have the thought police claiming to know your intentions and what you are thinking, calling people racist and ruining their lives because of a single comment.  Such double standards.

Edited by Dain_Ironfoot_, Jun 02 2018 - 13:35.

shinglefoot #9 Posted Jun 02 2018 - 13:37

Major

• Players
  • 23573 battles
  • [LONER] LONER

Like I said...

Nice work OP:sceptic:

NutrientibusMeaGallus #10 Posted Jun 02 2018 - 13:44

Major

• Players
  • 20911 battles
  • [FILOX] FILOX

But this is WOT.....

boysenbeary #11 Posted Jun 02 2018 - 13:57

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 21624 battles
  • [-P-] -P-

View PostFractured_Raptor, on Jun 02 2018 - 04:25, said:

Ah. America. I'd point out a lot of reasons why it's no so great but some butt-hurt snowflake will get me in trouble for political crap again. One warning strike is enough, thank you very much.

Hey, Im American and even I can see that America isn't the greatest

We have our flaws, but Ill keep loving the US and continuing to try and fix them :)

truecanuck #12 Posted Jun 02 2018 - 14:03

Sergeant

• Players
  • 32586 battles
  • [PRIC] PRIC

View PostCognitive_Dissonance, on Jun 02 2018 - 06:20, said:

You are right about their transgressions in the past. You cannot judge history with the morals today. The difference is with few exceptions all the other countries acknowledge what has transpired. 

Sadly the USA has not.

woofman34 #13 Posted Jun 02 2018 - 14:11

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 31179 battles
  • [SG] SG

woofman34 #14 Posted Jun 02 2018 - 14:35

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 31179 battles
  • [SG] SG

Knagar #15 Posted Jun 02 2018 - 15:00

Captain

• Players
  • 20339 battles
Should be titled "What America WAS about",  because it's not like that anymore. Now it's about censoring free speech, about lies and false accusations if you don't like someone or their opinion. It's about giving jobs to the lowest bidder in China instead of giving Americans jobs. About taking better care of illegals than Vets.. America isn't what it used to be, it's slowly turning into the land of the oppressed if you don't conform to the libtard way of thinking. A place where going to school is almost more harmful than not thanks to being fed lies by professors with liberal agendas. It's slowly becoming the joke of the world, it's barely an economic super power anymore.

And you know what?

That's sad, really bloody sad, and I'm Canadian.

People always talk down about Americans, but when I travel across the boarder, I only run into nice people. I hope the US can pull itself out of this slump, go back to being America the Great, instead of America the Meh. Got faith in you Americans, y'all can come together and do it.

Strike_Witch_Tomoko #16 Posted Jun 02 2018 - 15:02

Major

• Players
  • 15574 battles

View Postwoofman34, on Jun 02 2018 - 06:35, said:

favorite speech ever =D

oh and heres a bonus.  we need people like Reagan these days

GeorgePreddy #17 Posted Jun 02 2018 - 15:09

Major

• Players
  • 14345 battles
Spoiler

We have the RIGHT to pursue happiness. This is the ultimate freedom. Name one other country which guarantees this so important right to its citizens.

Dain_Ironfoot_ #18 Posted Jun 02 2018 - 15:10

Major

• -Players-
  • 23024 battles
  • [4HIM] 4HIM

View PostKnagar, on Jun 02 2018 - 14:00, said:

Should be titled "What America WAS about", because it's not like that anymore. Now it's about censoring free speech, about lies and false accusations if you don't like someone or their opinion. It's about giving jobs to the lowest bidder in China instead of giving Americans jobs. About taking better care of illegals than Vets.. America isn't what it used to be, it's slowly turning into the land of the oppressed if you don't conform to the libtard way of thinking. A place where going to school is almost more harmful than not thanks to being fed lies by professors with liberal agendas. It's slowly becoming the joke of the world, it's barely an economic super power anymore.

And you know what?

That's sad, really bloody sad, and I'm Canadian.

People always talk down about Americans, but when I travel across the boarder, I only run into nice people. I hope the US can pull itself out of this slump, go back to being America the Great, instead of America the Meh. Got faith in you Americans, y'all can come together and do it.

100% agree, well said.  Some of us are trying, some don't care or are just misguided or have a globalist worldview, to put it nicely... the rest are brainwashed and don't understand, or are literally and purposely trying to destroy what it was supposed to be about.  I've always hated the whole "don't like it, leave" saying, but I'm starting to feel the left and the right are way too far apart to reconcile and perhaps some people just need to leave and go start their own communist country or something... because they have no respect for the Constitution and have no understanding that we were formed as a Constitutional Republic for a reason... lots of very good, dire reasons, in fact.

GeorgePreddy #19 Posted Jun 02 2018 - 15:13

Major

• Players
  • 14345 battles

View PostFractured_Raptor, on Jun 02 2018 - 08:49, said:

Yes... it is actually quite easy to be extremely negative about any country, they all have their "warts", even the USA. There's no distinction in that, though.

landshark_86 #20 Posted Jun 02 2018 - 15:21

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 11475 battles
  • [AR-15] AR-15

there are two kinds of countries, those with quiche and those who have been to the moon.

We left three cars on the moon with the keys in the ignition because we know that nobody else will take them.

:izmena: 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users