• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

__WarChild__ #1 Posted Jun 03 2018 - 17:20

Major

• -Players-
  • 31612 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

Howdy Tankers,

I recently grinded my way to the IS-7 and am glad to have such a fine Tier X in my garage.  However, I see now that the Situational Awareness I had been using with my Commander is now useless in that tank.  It's useless because the 2nd Loader (not the first loader) is the Radio Operator for the IS-7.  Because 3% is more than 2%, I generally select SA over Recon when it's available for my Commanders. 

What bothers me about this IS-7 switch-a-roo is that I clicked on the FIRST loader when looking up the line and didn't see a change in Radio Operator, so I selected Situational Awareness over Recon thinking that I had done my due diligence. I learned this little "look up the line" lesson with the Obj 140/T-54/T-34-85M issue that I posted about months ago.  However, with the IS-7 I didn't catch that 2 loaders would have different responsibilities in the same tank (there is a small darkened symbol I didn't see).

I never really understood why Crew Skills would change on various lines as you move up since you're supposed to be moving the SAME crew up as well along the way.  After watching AgingJedi's most recent videos, I now see that these little switches and/or changes are designed to get people like me to pay a little gold to reshuffle the deck.  You can always pay with Credits but then you're back tracking a bit and have to re-plow the same ground.

Yet another little "you got me" from WG I guess.  Well played.  Well played.  :sceptic:

Since the IS-7 is currently ON TRACK, I just want you all to plan ahead. 

Best of luck!

__WarChild__

PS - The truth, courtesy of AgingJedi, can be found in my signature from here on out. (FYM)

Huey_Long #2 Posted Jun 03 2018 - 17:43

Major

• Players
  • 24527 battles
If the 2nd loader is the radio operator then why not just... Put him in the 2nd slot?

__WarChild__ #3 Posted Jun 03 2018 - 18:55

Major

• -Players-
  • 31612 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

View PostHuey_Long, on Jun 03 2018 - 10:43, said:

If the 2nd loader is the radio operator then why not just... Put him in the 2nd slot?

What do you mean?  I put Situational Awareness on my Commander earlier in the line.  Obviously, you can switch Loaders around without any penalty.

In reality, you end up with one Loader with the same skills as the rest of your crew and one that has fewer. I put the one with the most skills in the 2nd position.  But now, I've put the one with fewer skills in all of my Premium Tanks as well so he can get trained up faster.  The new KV-2R is well suited to train up all of your crews.  Just FYI.

Ta_Hun_Kwai #4 Posted Jun 03 2018 - 19:07

Captain

• -Players-
  • 17058 battles
yea they sometimes add and drop secondy roles on the men so it's best to look on the wiki for crew list

__WarChild__ #5 Posted Jun 03 2018 - 19:15

Major

• -Players-
  • 31612 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

View PostYao_Wang, on Jun 03 2018 - 12:07, said:

yea they sometimes add and drop secondy roles on the men so it's best to look on the wiki for crew list

Shame I have to look to outside resources to decipher what to do in the game.  Thanks though.

Huey_Long #6 Posted Jun 03 2018 - 19:48

Major

• Players
  • 24527 battles

View Post__WarChild__, on Jun 03 2018 - 18:15, said:

Shame I have to look to outside resources to decipher what to do in the game.  Thanks though.

I mean I just figured that out by reading your text. Basic problem solving isn't taught much is it?

Gothraul #7 Posted Jun 03 2018 - 20:04

Major

• -Players-
  • 2426 battles
My biggest gripe about crews and crew perks is the mega grind, grinding full tank lines and even some nations is easy and doesn't take no where near as much time as it does to grind proper crews. The system needs to be overhauled but knowing WG they will not only screw that up but they are more than likely to screw us over some way or another big time. Another gripe is that for some tank lines the lack of crew trainers is still a problem despite all the premium tank spam WG has done over the past two years. 

MakersMike #8 Posted Apr 02 2019 - 15:49

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3621 battles

A similar issue happens when you go from the T-54 Ltwt. to the T-100 LT.  The Loader was the radio operator for T-54 Ltwt. and I have situation awareness at 100%. The T-100 LT is a 3 man crew, and drops the loader.  So now I'll have to grind it all over again on the commander, but at least I have recon for him.

Another thing to look for is sometimes Premium tanks don't match up.  Although the T-50-2 has the same crew layout as the T-54 Ltwt. On the T-50-2 the Commander is the radio operator not the loader.  So it blocks out the Situational Awareness when I play the T-50-2 with the T-54 Ltwt crew.  

In another post, someone said that crew skills are one of the few things that Wargaming tries to make completely historically accurate.  Figures they would do that on something that screws us. :-)

tod914 #9 Posted Apr 02 2019 - 16:01

Major

• Players
  • 64387 battles
T 55A is another one like that.

Also tagged with Crew Skills

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users