frontline

• Please log in to reply
463 replies to this topic

DiskoStu #41 Posted Jun 04 2018 - 18:25

Private

• -Players-
  • 18507 battles
  • [PZB] PZB
Absolutely needs to return. Perhaps on a quarterly basis. New maps and bug tweaks too.

Stout_4 #42 Posted Jun 04 2018 - 18:45

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 42065 battles
  • [FLUKE] FLUKE

I thought it was one of the best things that had been done.  Maybe rotate tiers and bring it back every month or so, would not go any lower than 6 and that might be pushing it, but it would be fun I think whatever tier, I wouldn't change any of the map maybe add another map but if your team worked with you every area was able to be capped or defended properly but it just depended on who you had on your side. Well I would like to see less arty sucks to be capping and everyone unloads there arty on you but just my .02 good job enjoyed it bring it back soon

forgot one thing open the times a little later or earlier or just let it run like randoms if possible gotta work so didnt have as many games as I would have liked but still got the 1k bonds thanks again

Edited by Stout_4, Jun 04 2018 - 18:49.

Abandon_Ye_Hope #43 Posted Jun 04 2018 - 18:53

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 23719 battles
welp, that ends my participation in giving WG more money.. am way too tired of random battles..

gunbravo #44 Posted Jun 04 2018 - 19:12

Corporal

• Players
  • 24934 battles

Why keep a fun game mode, when you can have a crappy one?

The fun is over peeps. Now get back to the horrible random battles with a crappy MM.

Pay money to WG for that privilege. In your dreams WG.

lywellyn #45 Posted Jun 04 2018 - 19:18

Private

• Players
  • 23016 battles
  • [-P-] -P-

I enjoyed Frontline. The even playing field in terms of tiers, good way to make credits and XP, and novelty of the mode were surprisingly good. I hope Wargaming learns from this experience and from how much players liked it so they choose to bring some elements of its success into the primary game modes.

It definitely needs some technical polish. The frame-rates could be horrendous even on a really good gaming rig like mine for no good reason. Some parts of the maps also could clearly favor either the defender or the attacker (C cap vs A cap).

I hope the mode comes back. I'd even like to see perhaps some other tiers be allowed in (tier 6 and tier 10 maybe), but as separate queues (keep all same-tier).

TinMan24 #46 Posted Jun 04 2018 - 19:24

Private

• Players
  • 38029 battles

This was...FREAKING AWESOME!! Played for 5 years and this was the most enjoyable mode yet. Yeah, a few tweaks but IMO...you got it pretty close to right the first try.

Thank WG for building this, I'll definitely be waiting for the next iteration.

Groowolf #47 Posted Jun 04 2018 - 19:29

Private

• Beta Testers
  • 19763 battles
This has been the most fun I've had at World of Tanks in a very long time. I was a Beta tester and I have seen many changes over the years, but this was by far the very best thing WOT can be and should be. It worked well, every aspect of play, matchmaking, balance, reward, and thrill of Victory and the agony of defeat. Not only did it force true team work, but more team work from many different areas. the special abilities were sparse enough to be useful without causing imbalance. It was a good thinking battle simulation situation It gave life to tier 8 again. I would love to see a selection of tier 6, 8, & 10. The Map was perfect from both sides. It was difficult to find a good hiding spot, (I 'm a TD player) It forced movement and shifting to succeed. It often surprised me that one time as defense, sector after sector would be over-run and captured, and then as attack the next game, we were shut down to only one or two captures. The reverse happened just as often. I loved the repair spots. I loved the excruciating wait when I was killed twice in a row trying to get in the cap circle. Team coordination, ultimately led to victory. Absolutely Spectacular!

Martyman1 #48 Posted Jun 04 2018 - 19:32

Corporal

• Players
  • 26146 battles
  • [9-PDH] 9-PDH
Bring it back! More maps! Please!

oldiowaguy #49 Posted Jun 04 2018 - 19:34

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 22705 battles
  • [4HIM3] 4HIM3
Loved playing frontline! Would like to see it continue as single tier battles, but rotate tiers 6, 7,and 8. Add a couple maps for variety. A Italian themed map, fighting up Monte Cassini, ending in destroying strategic parts of the Abby to win. Would like a Iwo Jima map that starts on the beach and ends up destroying bunkers up Suribachi.

82nd_19D1P_D3 #50 Posted Jun 04 2018 - 19:41

Captain

• Players
  • 36898 battles
  • [3-73] 3-73

As someone who finished the 4th prestige in a couple weeks I must say I love this mode. Too bad the regular MM didn't give you the option of playing against the same tier all the time. I have two suggestions about Frontline:

1. More maps. The same map all the time got a little boring.

2. Let us continue to Prestige. I need something to grind for. Once I got the last Prestige done I found myself bored and went back to Random Battles. The free stuff really made the mode worth playing. 

SparkyGT #51 Posted Jun 04 2018 - 19:45

Major

• Players
  • 45053 battles
  • [-NHL-] -NHL-
Tier 5, 7, 9 -   give us a reason to use them somewhere other than pubs

lukzomg1 #52 Posted Jun 04 2018 - 19:46

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 42423 battles
MOAR FL please!  Even if rewards will be toned down there is no comparison how fun, interesting, etc FL mode is comparing to frustrating randoms....  Map was huge with lots of opportunities for all classes of tanks, lots of options for different plays, tactics etc....instead of tunnel random maps....oh and it was great not being fed to +2 MM.... FL was simply epic and needs to be permanent mode in WOT.

sueco13 #53 Posted Jun 04 2018 - 19:47

Private

• Players
  • 66711 battles
i will wait for the frontline and hoping for more maps more tier battle game,more rewards and statistics be save.

Saint_Metagross #54 Posted Jun 04 2018 - 19:47

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 24035 battles
  • [TUVK] TUVK

I enjoyed frontline a lot.  But, I have a few problems with it, they are as the follows:

1. Rewards:  Overall, the rewards felt weak compared to the amount of time spent per battle, even if you used lots of tanks and boosters.  The xp and gold amounts per battle were roughly what I could get in 5 minute battles in normal randoms, but instead of getting them in 5 minutes, it took more like 15 minutes at times.  This did not feel like a rewarding experience considering time/effort invested.  A the rewards for ranking up in frontline, I felt were a little weak, at least the gold was, again, it felt lower considering the time/effort involved.  This is even more true if your teams constantly lose.

2. Imbalances: There is roughly 100-105 tier 8 tanks.  Yet, it felt like I only saw around 33 of them (typically multiple people playing them in the same battle), rarely did I see ones not listed in the following (mostly it was because I played them).  The following tanks were in every battle I was in: Lorraine 40t, Centurion Mk. 5/1 RAAC, IS-3, M41 Walker Bulldog (and it's German versions), T34, T26E5, T54 First Prototype, T-44-100, IS-6, Object 252U, VK 100.01 (P), Rhm.-Borsig Waffentrager, Rheinmettal Skorpion G, WZ-132, Type 59, WZ-120-1G FT, Bat-Chatillon 12t, ELC Even 90, AMX 50 100, Somua SM, AMX M4 mle. 49, Primo Victoria, STRV S1, Emil I, P.44 Pantera, Progetto M35 mod 46.  In most cases the tanks that were listed performed well above other tanks of their classes.  I did not list any SPGs as there is a small number of tier 8 SPGs, but, it is easy to hit general as an SPG, just got to hit the cap when the enemy is on it, and because of how scoring works, you get to much xp for reseting the cap, thus allowing SPGs to hit general easily.  There are also plenty of balance issues involving the map itself, to many for me to even list.  Just that certain zones felt way to easy to either assault of defend because of these imbalances.  Also, while we know that shooting an ally causes damage, there is an issue with artillery strike and bombing run NOT causing damage to friendlies.    Also, artillery strike was way to strong, dealt to much damage (to the point of outright killing certain types of tanks even if they were fully healthy, though certain super heavies barely even felt it), on the flip side, it was rare to see bombing run do any significant damage to enemies, most I've seen was a 248 hit on a light tank, meanwhile, I one shot a few heavies (not super heavies) with artillery strike.  Also, allowing SPGs to equip Engineering was a bad move, made SPGs way to powerful for reseting the cap.

3.  Aiming bug:  There were times, when I was aiming at an enemy, but, they moved causing me to be aiming at the sky, and suddenly my aiming reticle would jump up into the sky to the fullest elevation my gun could aim, that was annoying, and it was obvious to me that a few players were using that to their advantage because they knew of the issue as the second they ducked and my gun raised, they would pop out and shot at me while I couldn't shot back, than hide again to reload.

Overall, those are the biggest issues with the overall fun mode.  If the rewards were truly balanced for the time/effort put into the battles, if the imbalances were fixed, and the aiming bug also fixed, it would have been vastly better.  Still though, despite those issues I had, I would give the mode an 8 out of 10.  I look forward to seeing the mode return in the future, and, if the issues were fixed, even better.

View PostSparkyGT, on Jun 04 2018 - 10:45, said:

Tier 5, 7, 9 -   give us a reason to use them somewhere other than pubs

I would not do Tier 7, otherwise you'd have a saturated mess of E25s.

As for me, tiers I could see it being fun to do, would be Tier 5, 6, 9, and 10.  Tier 1 would be boring (though funny), same can be said about tier 2 and 3.  Tier 4 might be possible, but, I doubt it.

Edited by Saint_Metagross, Jun 04 2018 - 20:08.

YANKEE137 #55 Posted Jun 04 2018 - 19:48

Major

• -Players-
  • 9787 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR

Move it around tiers 5-10.

Would like Kursk map and an Ardennes map.

Clan or expanded platoon feature

ImpsDelight #56 Posted Jun 04 2018 - 19:51

Private

• -Players-
  • 16053 battles

For goodness sake bring back front line! It made WOT fun again. 

Change random battles to single tier matchmaking as the default unless there are absolutely no same tier players available then try +1 then as a last resort 3/5/7 

3/5/7 is the worst.  They could have an option for 3/5/7 for those fools in their stock tier 8's that want to play against tier 10 but all you end up doing is being there so a tier 10 player can farm you for damage. 

goldfinger_555 #57 Posted Jun 04 2018 - 19:53

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 26219 battles
  • [FFWC] FFWC

The past month of playing FL has been the most fun since joining. I would keep playing even if you didn't make any changes. To be honest, I think keep everything like it is as far as game play. If you need to make tech changes for faster frame rates or whatever, than sure do it. I'm afraid you'll make changes and it will go downhill. You don't fix something that isn't broken. The problem with WG has always been you try to accommodate everyone which than means you makes changes, and the game gets worse. Lets us adapt as we did in FL. Sure C was the hardest to attack so what did people do? They started capturing A and B quickly and than knew help was needed at C. If you made C as easy as the other two, than the attackers would win most of the time. The beauty of the game was if you were an attacker or defender, you knew you had a chance to win. If after another month of play, folks have figured out a way to exploit a weakness, than we will tell you and it can be fixed than. It would likely require only a SMALL fix not a complete make over.

We don't need more FL maps! Again what will happen is one of the new maps will be not as good and folks will complain. Than stop playing cause they don't want to get placed on that map. The numbers suffer and before you know it, FL is dropped entirely. KISS. Keep It Simple Stupid.

Don't need to have the game effect stats or record them in any way! Part of its beauty was few cared if they won or lost. It was FUN! People get so serious in Random Battles because of the stats. That leads to all the hate in chat. I rarely saw that in FL.

And while you are at it, why not bring back the other special modes? The soccer game, speed racer, the Halloween mode from last year, plus all the others. Rotate them if you need to due to server issues.

You've found a great new mode that most people enjoy. Don't screw it up and try to "fix" it.

badllama #58 Posted Jun 04 2018 - 19:54

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 24240 battles
  • [PANSY] PANSY

This mode needs to either remain as a permanent thing or come back very frequently. I will list out the Pro's and Con's I have from the mode below

Pros:

- Very fun and a big change of pace compared with what we have been playing for 8+ years.

- I care more about the battle and having fun then worrying about my stats or progress on my tank.

- I can play my tier 8's without having to be bottom or mid tier 80% of the time.

- The extra abilities added dynamic abilities which further to change up the gameplay versus standard battles.

Cons:

- Every tank be able to have the artillery strike button is too much, Some abilities should be restricted to specific tank classes.

- Balance was pretty good but it is too easy to spawn camp especially on C beach.

- Missed opportunity to have a leader board or similar feature.

- Gets repetitive with only one map. 

tl:dr please bring this mode back. It would be nice to see it cycle between tiers 6-8. Those tiers need a lot of help with the current logic of match maker, tiers 9-10 don't need it. 

Saint_Metagross #59 Posted Jun 04 2018 - 19:55

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 24035 battles
  • [TUVK] TUVK
Also, as part of the imbalances I was talking about, was if the defending enemy managed to push a starting zone back enough, they could start spawn camping with no penalty, making it very difficult to get out of the spawn area.  That was not fun.  The spawn area for the assaulting team needs to be protected by more than just artillery fire on intruders (mostly because the spawn campers sat outside the border).  Likewise, the same goes for the defender's last spawn zone if all zones (A though F) were taken, if the assaulting team managed to push them into their spawn zone, it was possible to spawn camp and prevent them from stopping the assaulting team from winning.  Simply put, if a team managed to start spawn camping, that team was almost assured victory.

Mettie7 #60 Posted Jun 04 2018 - 19:56

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16423 battles
  • [WAIFU] WAIFU
I did it for the sweet camo styles and loads of credits. If there's new styles when it comes back again I'll def grind through it again!

Also tagged with frontline

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users