Struggling On Several Issues

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

ShadowMageNaeth #21 Posted Jul 21 2018 - 04:00

Private

• Players
  • 6528 battles

Thanks to everyone that replied to this. I followed a large portion of the advice and unfortunately have not really changed for the better in many ways. I'll continue however I doubt much more will change however hopeful I am that it will. I followed advice like joining a clan (though it hasn't done much for me yet not do I think it will and in reality it may have simply been a mistake) and just trying to survive more. It helped some and I'm about back to the level I was when I left the game years ago. Not sure if I should use this thread to chronicle my improvement (or lack there of) or simply have it closed.

For now I just want to thank everyone who gave advice again and wish you all luck on the battlefield!

dunniteowl #22 Posted Jul 21 2018 - 13:15

Major

• -Players-
  • 22161 battles

Patience and practice.  Practice learning something new only one thing at a time.  Never THINK you got it, prove it.

Example:  You are learning to sidescrape and angle (because they are aspects of the same thing, angling) and you need to bounce more damage.  Set yourself an objective while playing to remember to practice angling your armor while you play.  Your success will be shown in the number of BLACK notifications you get that you were hit with no damage.  Don't THINK you got it, PROVE IT!

Hang in there and be patient with yourself.  While learning new things you still have all your old habits.  Some of those habits are probably hampering your ability to improve.  You might not even know you have them as habits.  So a bit of introspection is always necessary to improve at anything.  Without thinking things through or considering their larger place at times, we do not gain insight that allows us to overcome, adapt and grow.  Even if it is just a game, we can AND SHOULD BE using our Real Life Skills to provide us with all the advantages our lives have to offer.

GL, HF & HSYBF

OvO

Numerius_Titurius_Sophus #23 Posted Jul 21 2018 - 18:39

Captain

• -Players-
  • 12456 battles
  • [GSH] GSH
Your WN8 puts you in the upper 10% of all players.  Maybe you have plateaued for awhile?

ShadowMageNaeth #24 Posted Aug 02 2018 - 20:47

Private

• Players
  • 6528 battles

View PostNumerius_Titurius_Sophus, on Jul 21 2018 - 17:39, said:

Your WN8 puts you in the upper 10% of all players.  Maybe you have plateaued for awhile?

Most likely, yes that is the case. That said I'm still trying to learn. I just don't like metaphorically bashing my head into a wall for months while getting nothing done.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users