Long synchronizing ONLY in garage

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

The_Illusive_Man #1 Posted Jun 05 2018 - 06:34

Major

• -Players-
  • 12744 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT

As the title states. I get a really long synchronizing screen either when I come back out of a battle, or when a tank comes back. I do not have any problems loading into a game. I do have mods, but I played alittle before installing them, and noticed the same issue.

PC specs:

• I5 4460
  • 16GB DDR3 RAM (Cant use DDR4 right now)
  • AMD RX480, 8GB GPU
  • SSD

Internet:

• 100/10 MB/s
  • Docsis is green (Yes, I know how to read that)
  • 60 Average ping

Anyone know of a fix? Or even a way to speed it up?

heavymetal1967 #2 Posted Jun 05 2018 - 06:40

Major

• Players
  • 65364 battles

Maybe try this?

Type %appdata% in your windows search bar which will bring up your roaming folder.

In it will be a wargaming folder.  Delete the WoT folder.

But be advised it will revert your settings to default, you'll have to re-customize your settings.  And make sure your know your password/email, because it will clear them from your login screen as well.

Good luck.

The_Illusive_Man #3 Posted Jun 05 2018 - 06:52

Major

• -Players-
  • 12744 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT

View Postheavymetal1967, on Jun 05 2018 - 01:40, said:

Maybe try this?

Type %appdata% in your windows search bar which will bring up your roaming folder.

In it will be a wargaming folder.  Delete the WoT folder.

But be advised it will revert your settings to default, you'll have to re-customize your settings.  And make sure your know your password/email, because it will clear them from your login screen as well.

Good luck.

I have that folder pinned... tried testing in proving grounds... Its changed. And it froze on me....

The_Illusive_Man #4 Posted Jun 05 2018 - 07:17

Major

• -Players-
  • 12744 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT
No, that does not seem to really do anything. If anything, it slowed it down :P

Dadrox #5 Posted Jun 05 2018 - 13:12

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 15316 battles
  • [77ARC] 77ARC

Synch time is on WG's end of things when updating their databases and building results screens for the 30 players in the previous battle.

Your computer's chore is loading the maps and sounds for the upcoming battle before the battle starts.  If the battle starts without you that's your system's fault.

I run a self built gamer that's always in before the timer starts.  I still have to wait for WG and their synch routines.

Edited by Dadrox, Jun 05 2018 - 13:16.

The_Illusive_Man #6 Posted Jun 05 2018 - 13:59

Major

• -Players-
  • 12744 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT

View PostDadrox, on Jun 05 2018 - 08:12, said:

Synch time is on WG's end of things when updating their databases and building results screens for the 30 players in the previous battle.

Your computer's chore is loading the maps and sounds for the upcoming battle before the battle starts.  If the battle starts without you that's your system's fault.

I run a self built gamer that's always in before the timer starts.  I still have to wait for WG and their synch routines.

Um, really? I said it was only the sync. NO issue with loading a match.

Insanefriend #7 Posted Jun 05 2018 - 14:17

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 38840 battles

Syncing can take a little while, but as mentioned above your mostly waiting on the wargamming server.  I know there are some mods that can slow it down, which is why I'd play with as few as possible.

Also what does docsis have to do with anything in this case?

The guy above your last post was just pointing out that no matter how fast your system is you still get to wait.

The_Illusive_Man #8 Posted Jun 05 2018 - 14:40

Major

• -Players-
  • 12744 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT

View PostInsanefriend, on Jun 05 2018 - 09:17, said:

Syncing can take a little while, but as mentioned above your mostly waiting on the wargamming server.  I know there are some mods that can slow it down, which is why I'd play with as few as possible.

Also what does docsis have to do with anything in this case?

The guy above your last post was just pointing out that no matter how fast your system is you still get to wait.

If the Docsis stream is bad, you start to lose information. IE packet loss. You can also lose speed, and whatnot.

Insanefriend #9 Posted Jun 05 2018 - 17:36

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 38840 battles

Isn't that the signal to noise ratio on the line that causes packet loss/data loss?  Docsis is more so the standard for which the data gets handled rather then a stream.  Either way no one ever brings it up for a topic like this unless you are having major packet loss.  Truthfully I've never seen anyone ever mention it like that for any network troubleshooting.

How long are your after battle loading delays?  for me it's like 5 seconds top.

Edited by Insanefriend, Jun 05 2018 - 17:39.

Diner50 #10 Posted Jun 09 2018 - 15:38

Private

• -Players-
  • 75 battles

I have eveng bigger problem... I7 6700k, 16GB Ram, 1060 3GB Nivida. Win OS on 240GB SSD, WoT on 1TB SSD. My internet access is trash due to being stuck without line internet. (Like 60ms in battle but works fine) But have a BIG download cap that is just enuf to be able to run Netflix and Youtube at around 740p. If I have ANYTHING in the background like a Windows updater running my internet is OUT OF QUESTION dead or 999ping land.

Around the same time The_Illusive_Man started having problems with garrage sync I started having what I belived being crashes after every battle and sometimes when logging in. (installed mods just before this) 

But after redownloads taking days and reinstalls and all kinds of [edited]like GPU drivers and stress testing my rig (name it and I have done it to try and figure this out) I at last figured out that if I wainted long enuf the "crashed" game returnd working and was back to the login screen with error "connection to servers have been interrupted"  Soooo every 3 games I have to relogin agen :sceptic:   [edited]surely a WG side problem with the garrage sync.  Atleast never had a problem in a match. Normaly loading garrage takes 2sec or so. Now it makes my clinet freez and forced to log back into the game.

And I'm not sending a ticket to support. Hear enuf bad stuff to know that is just not going to lead ANYWHERE.

Edited by Diner50, Jun 09 2018 - 15:43.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users