WG Please read this - PLEASE HELP US!

readme changes help love FORTHELOVE WarGaming CryingForHelp PAYTOWIN PAYTOPLAY MatchMaking

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
110 replies to this topic

EmperorJuliusCaesar #101 Posted Jun 08 2018 - 14:22

Major

• Players
  • 30834 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View Postpish180, on Jun 05 2018 - 07:33, said:

View Postthe_dude_76, on Jun 05 2018 - 16:31, said:

The game is absolutely thriving! This may come as a shock to you but the video gaming world does not revolve around N America. 

And of course I've been listening to the "slow death" argument for about 6 years so forgive my skepticism.

In all honesty this may be the most ridiculous excuse that I've ever heard

Half a billion in profits last year... If that isn't considered "thriving" please feel free to post the appropriate term...

You are so ignorant is funny.  Please omit the facts more to support your viewpoint. 

There are more entities under WG than just WOT... you know that right?  Also, you do know that sales don't necessarily mean success right? Just because I buy 10 premium tanks, 1 doesn't mean I'm playing 10 tanks at a time.  The success of the game depends on people playing it, not paying for it.  It's hard to comprehend but think about it.

"The success of the game depends on people playing it, not paying for it.  It's hard to comprehend but think about it."

WRONG, it only depends on people PAYING, not playing.  Learn economics.

EmperorJuliusCaesar #102 Posted Jun 08 2018 - 14:28

Major

• Players
  • 30834 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View Postpish180, on Jun 05 2018 - 09:22, said:

For all of those people trolling do some research... if you dare.  Or post some more memes.   

Look at the success of Rocket League or PUBG, Then look at what happened to BattleFront 2 or Destiny 2.  These are real events that have facts leading to their success and failures. Pay-to-Win and Pay-To-Play are dead/dying, like it, love it or disagree... it doesn't matter, it's real.  Rocket League is 100% cosmetic mods but yet they are KILLING it in sales.  Games like RL and PUGB have created a game where players WANT to pay money not have to pay money.  PUBG is the same way except it has more incentive because the Steam Marketplace where you can sell the items and make a considerable amount of money on Steam and buy more games and items.  There are ways to make real money but Steam doesn't like this because they don't get paid. 

Monday, May 29th 2017 - 9.7million random games played 

Monday May 28th 2018 - 7.8 million random games played.  

In 1 year the numbers have drooped almost 2 million games.  That's over 20% decrease in the number of games played in 1 year.

Now let's take it back to Monday, May 30th 2016 - 19.3 million random games played!!!!    2016 to 2017 there was almost a 50% decrease in games played.  From 2016 to now that is a 60+% decrease in games played!  

So don't even think for a minute the game is thriving.  There is a reason they had to do +-3 MatchMatching and queue time is a concern... there are NOT enough players.  There is a reason why they are investing more in Warships and Airplanes etc.    I don't think they will fix the model and thus this game will eventually die.  Sorry, all you paying folks... You will be playing against AI eventually or the game will cease to exist. 

Again, you're IGNORANTLY posting "stats" from a 3rd party source that has ZERO access to ACTUAL SERVER STATISTICS. 

There is no +3 MM, period, for ANY class, in fact, they are considering giving more weight in the MM to +1 battles, you know this if you actually did any REAL research. Investing more in those other games?? HAHAHAAHAH, which one got a full HD upgrade....oh, WoT.....exactly

Keep crying, it's entertaining, anyone with a brain that was so unhappy would have just moved on.

EmperorJuliusCaesar #103 Posted Jun 08 2018 - 14:29

Major

• Players
  • 30834 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View Postpish180, on Jun 05 2018 - 09:32, said:

View Postthe_dude_76, on Jun 05 2018 - 17:11, said:

Wait?!?! Are you saying that this game won't last forever?? It won't be around for my great, great grandchildren to play??

That certainly is an insightful comment there Captain Obvious.

You're such a moron it's comical.   A company like CCP that makes Eve Online has been around since 2003 supporting the same 1 "ONE" game for over 15 years.  So when you say won't last forever there are companies that actually care about their communities and don't leave the players completely fked after spending hundreneds if not thousands of dollars on a game.  They adapt and find new ways to make money and encourage player growth not force garbage down our throat.  

Does WG have a gun to your head?  You might want to call the police....or a psychiatrist more likely.  You're not forced to pay, nor are you forced to pay.  Reevaluate reality......soon.

EmperorJuliusCaesar #104 Posted Jun 08 2018 - 14:39

Major

• Players
  • 30834 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View Postpish180, on Jun 05 2018 - 09:55, said:

View Postthe_dude_76, on Jun 05 2018 - 18:42, said:

ROTFLMAO!! First, I had to look up Eve Online because I had never even heard of it. What I did find out when I looked it up was that it maxed out at 500k subs and the number of subs has been declining since 2013, so yeah, great comparison there genius.

Second, if you think any game will last forever you've got no business calling other people morons because that is without doubt the dumbest idea that I've ever heard. Entropy rules all!

LOL you must be in your teens still if you don't know what EVE Online is. 

1.  I didn't say WOT or Eve or any game would last forever.  I said they have been working with this community for over 15 years on a single game.  Whereas WG has pretty much said fk off, diversified their game portfolio and double/tripped down on their trash game model and make more games.  Which I will no longer be part of.  I work in the Software industry and while I'm not an expert it's an obvious trend that you have to adapt to survive.  The context is different with games vs IT software but the concepts are the same.  Marketing (Draw interest) , Sales (increase customer base), Development (evolve product), Support (Keep customers happy).   In the IT world when a larger company spins off new products the other products can become convoluted and stale as R&D goes into other products.  AKA the funding WOT makes doesn't mean it goes to the developers of WOT.    

If you really cared about this game and enjoy it you should be encouraging the changes that I'm proposing as it would help drive new players and retain players.   Just a thought.

You must BE A TEEN to think everyone looks/knows about every game out there.  Genres.....learn the term.  People tend to look for games they like within the GENRE they're accustomed to.  You only know games?  Don't know people?  Not surprised....

Any smart company will DIVERSIFY, just like any investor does.  You clearly know NOTHING of business or investing, a clear sign of immaturity.  

For a "trash game model"<<<your words, they sure are making billions, you're not doing better.

Who cares if you're no longer a part of it, you're one person, and you seem like someone who bought an account with prem tanks and is angry that it's not enough for you to do everything/get everything you want out of it, sorry pal, life and entertainment aren't free.  You have a very clear sense of entitlement, and I don't believe for one minute that you worked for and earned the account you're playing on. 

"the other products can become convoluted and stale as R&D goes into other products"

^^^^^^Sorry about your imagination, but WoT development is CLEARLY still in full swing.  We got 1.0 not long ago, we got Front Line(which IS coming back), new tank lines coming, etc etc etc.. 

Most players that have EARNED the things they have won't agree with you, nor your sense of entitlement where you want everything that PAYING players get.  Sorry pal, life's not fair, you get what you pay for. 

Keep crying and whining, and moaning about a game you say is trash and don't want to play anymore, we'll keep laughing at you. 

EmperorJuliusCaesar #105 Posted Jun 08 2018 - 14:42

Major

• Players
  • 30834 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View Postpish180, on Jun 05 2018 - 12:34, said:

View Postthe_dude_76, on Jun 05 2018 - 19:13, said:

LOL!! My kids aren't even in their teens anymore!  (FYI, some people do more than just play video games.) Though your comment seems to suggest that the game you use as a comparison is now so irrelevant that the most populous gamer demographic, teens, couldn't give a rats [edited]about it.

The problem with people like you is that you don't understand what an "opinion" is and that you can't grasp the reality that not everyone shares yours. And of course the fact that you're still here posting long-winded diatribes pretty much debunks your "will no longer be a part of" gibberish.

Why on Earth would I "care about" any video game?? People with real lives generally don't care much about trivial forms of entertainment. I knew when I started playing that eventually I'd move on to something else and frankly, I've been here longer than I expected to. I think most of your ideas suck so why would I support them??

You are just full of contradictions. 

1. Why do you even come into a forum let alone the "Feedback" section if you don't care about the game?  Ahh I know, you are a troll.   The fact that you troll the forums and then say you don't care about the game and then have no clue as to what other games companies do in contrast to the current situation makes your opinion very valuable to this conversation.  Thanks

Block Quote

People with real lives generally don't care much about trivial forms of entertainment. 

Yet you are the forums for the game and posting in threads that are located in the "Feedback" section.  *confused*.  

Block Quote

most populous gamer demographic, teens, couldn't give  a rats  [edited]about it.

Didn't say the populous should give a rats [edited]about it.  But for sake of argument on what is needed for the future, you need to understand past and the current landscape.  This is one reason why schools teach HISTORY, this is the same reason there are things called business plans.  So for sake of argument when you said you have no clue you are already claiming ignorance on the topic vs just stop typing you then type back things you assume that I've said.   Regardless if the game is popular with anyone, any more the point was the company is committed to it's players and keeping the game alive.  Next time I will get my crayons out and write it for you. 

You do realize that your posts aren't getting a single like?  While the responses to your posts are?  Clearly people see your madness for what it is.  A rather new player that doesn't understand the game or it's economics.  Be gone child, you haven't the audience you dream of...

EmperorJuliusCaesar #106 Posted Jun 08 2018 - 14:47

Major

• Players
  • 30834 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View Postpish180, on Jun 05 2018 - 19:59, said:

View Postthe_dude_76, on Jun 05 2018 - 23:31, said:

Just because you don't like what I have to say doesn't make any of it contradictory. I enjoy playing this game, it is entertainment for me. But I will never become emotionally invested in any video game the way that people like you do

A- topic was on the main page

B- again, no emotional investment. It's a game I enjoy, as are the forums. Simple

This game (not this company) made nearly a half a billion dollars last year. It was the 4th most profitable PC game. Clearly your doom and gloom opinion is not shared by many people. Perhaps you are the one who needs things spelled out with crayons...

Its not that I don't like what you have to say, as I pointed out it is just wrong.  I explained your contradiction in the most recent post and then pointed out that the game is not "thriving" by providing stats that players have dropped over 60% in the past 2 years.  If you can't see acknowledge the facts I'm done trying to explain it, it's there for everyone else to read.

So when you say emotionally invested... you can also add financially invested as well, no denying it.  Whenever I spend my money I speak my voice, I've spent a crapton of money on this game.  Its kinda like getting involved with politics because you pay more in taxes than most people make in a year.  You become a part of the community per-say.   

I read the article you are referring to.

https://www.superdat...l-games-market/

Check this out too then:

https://www.pcgamer....-h1z1-and-pubg/

https://www.vg247.co...7-half-revenue/

I'm not 100% sure if I believe the list they have made... this article somewhat contradicts other articles and 1 huge fact here is.  WG is a privately held company so they don't have to provide numbers nor do they have to be accurate numbers.  Really only Ubisoft, Activision, Blizzard, EA and other publicly traded companies have to provide accurate numbers.   Considering Blizzard specifically lists  Call of Duty: WW2, Overwatch, and Destiny 2 as huge profit earners in 2017 accounting for almost 1/2 the companies profit and none of those games are listed.... Additionally many of the Steam games listed as platinum are not on that list and many are privately held companies like Bluehole (who makes PUGB).  I'm positive WG numbers are WAY over inflated.  There is no way in hell that that R6S is not on the PC list.  Its in the top 10-11 most watched on Twitch and it was listed on the Steam Platinum list.  An even bigger issue with that list... Overwatch didn't make it? Are you kidding, that a huge red flag, even after Blizzard said its top 3? 

Some things to remember:

Profits and released numbers.  Privately held companies have no obligation nor do they have a legal responsibility to provide numbers.  The number they provide don't even have to be accurate numbers for game sales, costs for a game, let alone profit numbers. 

Profits alone don't tell you if you are successful.  You need previous history to understand if it is "growing/booming".   Player base is the real success criteria for success, increasing sales is rather easy... PUT SOMETHING ON SALE that players want.  Considering the stats, the numbers have consistently declined for WOT year-after-year. 

WG is more than just NA.  As you even mentioned in your posts WOT profits are HUGELY driven by RU and EU community, the NA community is by far the smallest.  Regardless of the reason or the debate as to why, the bigger concern is: can the NA take the current losses?  It is worth keeping an NA server up if you can't MM?  As I mentioned over 60% decline in player base in the past 2 years. 

I can assure you of 1 thing... WG knows there is a decline in players.  This was the reason they changed the Match Maker to +-3, this is why they are removing pref MM tanks.  This is why they don't keep game modes like FrontLine mode active forever.  It royally messes up core play which is Random Games.  I'm 100% certain they see the issue and they are just applying baid-aids to mask the larger issues which will take tons of Dev work and cost a ton of money to redesign the platform, thus take away from profits.  Until enough of the community says enough is enough they will continue to not give a crapabout player concerns.   So many people are dumping WOT with this announcement of the latest changes and i'm on board. 

WG is privately held and release no info and EVERY site you listed openly state that it's their guesswork.  They have no real stats to go off of, do you realize how stupid this looks??   Posting links to stat pages that OPENLY stat they have NO REAL ACCESS TO OFFICIAL STATS??

Oh, and again, there IS NO +3 MM........and if you knew anything, if you tried to stay informed about the game at all, you'd know that Front Line IS COMING BACK.  They have to fix the FPS issues in the city area, they are going to optimize it.  You know NOTHING about the game!  In 4 YEARS!!!, you've played less than many play in one year, you knot NOTHING of this game.  You just cry/whine/moan that you can't have everything you want.  Well just leave CRYBABY. 

EmperorJuliusCaesar #107 Posted Jun 08 2018 - 14:53

Major

• Players
  • 30834 battles
  • [EOR] EOR
Anyone else sick of hearing freeloading/welfare warrior TRASH cry about a game they're not willing to pay for?

_Kradok_ #108 Posted Jun 08 2018 - 15:14

Captain

• -Players-
  • 29532 battles
  • [_OOF_] _OOF_

I read his drivel in the context of a high schooler who has just had his first dose of 'debate'...

His points are convoluted and academic, yet hold little-to-no bearing on 'real world' application.

The sense of entitlement is...well...to be honest, predictable (and sad).

The citing of sources where the very point they are attempting to establish is called to question in their own disclaimer is another example.  

It's the new generation...  read the headlines, never dig deeper, argue with no foundation and convolute/deflect/insult when called out.  I've got a nephew, 21 - in the midst of attempting to grow up... I told him one day it will click - he'll do things because they need to be done, not because he was told to do so.  Maturity is waiting - he just has to want it.  One day he will...

:honoring: From a retired old fart.

(Wasn't it Churchill who said "If you are young and not a liberal you have no heart...if you are an adult and not a conservative you have no brain"??)  

EmperorJuliusCaesar #109 Posted Jun 08 2018 - 15:23

Major

• Players
  • 30834 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View Postpish180, on Jun 07 2018 - 18:57, said:

View PostEmperorJuliusCaesar, on Jun 08 2018 - 02:16, said:

This one quote says it all:  "I could have purchased at least 10 other games and spent more time playing them with my friends."

Yet you did not, CLEARLY you found WoT to be more entertaining and fun than other games AND you supposedly spent a lot of money of it, if you didn't just buy the account and expect everything thereafter to be free. 

Well hopefully that game comes out and we have one less whiner.  The game is fine, there is nothing wrong with the games' economics as it is, some cry about it, but it's usually just the freeloaders/welfare warriors. 

As for the quote I posted, he posted a direct response to you and why it made no sense, you had zero response and so said "I"m done with you, etc".....I.E. ran off to hide because you had no rebuttal.  You hurled insults because you had nothing to counter his counter-argument to yours, that's why that quote fits perfectly. 

“When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.”    -Socrates

Caesar you literally make my head hurt.  My head is no joke throbbing.  Politely put you are so bad at reading it's really not worth my time to respond to what you wrote  Re-Read the post where I quoted you: " I thought you said you were a FTP player?  That they game was trash and not worth spending money on..."

READ THE WHOLE THING.  I know its hard buddy.  You are literally that "guy" that MarkGFL and the other people talk about when they talk about the problem with this community and how toxic the fourms are.  Someone makes ideas or suggestions you TROLL HARD, you have provided nothing constructive so far. 

I'm kinda curious to go though your other forum posts, over 3300 posts... you have def been busy with something.  

Oh, here we go, literally the 1st thing. ROFL.

Spoiler

You can take my feedback as wining, that's fine with me.  Doesn't hurt my feelings.  Seem like you have it all figured out.  Thanks again for your input, I'm super glad you figured it out.   

I'm sorry your head hurts, I'll try to dumb it down to kindergarten levels if it's suits you better.  Look at the posts, you're getting 0 likes, you clearly don't understand the game, AT ALL.  It is CLEARLY your misunderstanding of it that is causing your confusion.  You've played only 4000 battles....in YEARS!!!! YEARS!!!  Yet you claim to have some "higher understanding" of it.....what a joke.....PATHETIC....nothing more. 

Who?  Sorry, I spend my time playing the game, not too much listening to people cry/whine/moan about it.  Seems you let others make your opinions for you, I can't say I'm surprised....AT ALL.  

Feel free to look through my forum posts, if you have the time to waste.....lol.  You seem to care a lot about a game you call "trash".

EmperorJuliusCaesar #110 Posted Jun 08 2018 - 15:27

Major

• Players
  • 30834 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View Postpish180, on Jun 07 2018 - 19:17, said:

View Postdunniteowl, on Jun 08 2018 - 03:44, said:

I can only offer as a last response:  You must really have a hard time letting go of a thing.  Most of your last response was -- to put it mildly, difficult to follow, especially once we got to the obvious lack of your ability to be humble or gracious when you resorted AGAIN to some slanderous comment about using crayons, presumably so we could, as children, follow you?  Yeah, that's how you win arguments and influence people, insult them to make them listen to you better.

SMH.

Good Luck with your strange little world.

Thanks.  lol, no objection to the Crayon comment. Some people like to read what is in color.  There is a lot of psychology behind using colors.   So figured that might work for the people that don't like to read black text. 

I literally have 0 interest in trying to influence any who already passionately disagrees with me.  You can have your opinion that's fine.  I have zero expectations to change their minds.  I don't have a problem with someone telling me why my ideas are bad if they want to provide reasons why.  I don't have a problem with someone telling me their opinion and why it is good.  I do have a problem with someone just coming in and saying your trash, get gud, not enough games, etc.  It is impossible to ask in a forum to not be trolled, because so many people here literally have nothing to do with their time than post on someone else's thread to provide their subjective criticism to bash their ideas and thoughts.  That is the definition of an internet troll.  This is honestly the sole reason why I fkn hate internet forums and I avoid them as much as possible.  Been a member since Oct 25 2014 and I have 45 posts.  This thread alone counts for probably 20 of them.  

The stupid [edited]support people say, "go to the forums and post your idea" - I've literally received that 3 times after submitting a ticket.  [edited]  It's just troll galore in this WOT community.  All ideas are fkn trash, because you suck and you are stupid and you only have 2k games. get gud kid.  

Well, I feel enlightened now.  Let's play some WOT in my premium tank and bounce some rounds off those T10s!!  Who wants my damage blocked points? I'm not using premium ammo. :)   Yo who had that beer?  I need like 10 after all this trolling.  

Your words: "I don't have a problem with someone telling me why my ideas are bad if they want to provide reasons why."

Yet you call them a troll, offer ZERO rebuttal and claim you are correct.

You DO NOT have enough games to even begin to understand this game, that's why people say the things you do.  It's a joke, and that's why people are laughing at you and why you're not getting any likes.  Other people understand the game and you......CLEARLY do not.

pish180 #111 Posted Jun 09 2018 - 03:04

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 8305 battles
Thanks for Spamming.  Next 

Also tagged with readme, changes, help, love, FORTHELOVE, WarGaming, CryingForHelp, PAYTOWIN, PAYTOPLAY, MatchMaking

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users