WG Please read this - PLEASE HELP US!

readme changes help love FORTHELOVE WarGaming CryingForHelp PAYTOWIN PAYTOPLAY MatchMaking

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
110 replies to this topic

enya1ius #21 Posted Jun 05 2018 - 15:17

Sergeant

• Players
  • 27575 battles
  • [SBW] SBW

View Postthe_dude_76, on Jun 05 2018 - 13:54, said:

And this argument makes me laugh. If WG and their game were as bad as you all think they are this is exactly what would have happened long ago. Believe it or not, unlike apparent gluttons for punishment such as yourself, most customers of any business leave once they become "immensely dissatisfied".

And yet the game continues to thrive despite it's shocking (sarcasm) inability to please absolutely everyone.

And to the OP- -Please stop pretending that you speak for "everyone" because it's laughable ridiculous...

"Thrive" i am sure that is the best term to call the current state of this game. that being said the server is dying. it is a slow death and will probably take 2 or more years. but baring some miracle resurgence how do you figure it is going to stay afloat? you think the heads in cyprus are going to keep this server afloat when it stops turning a profit? that being said, i havent gone anywhere because i am a glutton for punishment and am currently playing on a potato. As soon as i upgrade my hardware this game goes back into the b tier of games.  Thrives.... bahahahah

Raxter54 #22 Posted Jun 05 2018 - 15:22

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 8668 battles
TL;DR. Can you give us the Cliff Notes version?

nasfan #23 Posted Jun 05 2018 - 15:37

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 23798 battles
  • [-P-] -P-

View PostRaxter54, on Jun 05 2018 - 08:22, said:

The Cliff Notes version:

WG, your game is hard.  Please make it easier.  And, for the love of god, please stop trying to make money  Your employees don't need paychecks.

enya1ius #24 Posted Jun 05 2018 - 15:39

Sergeant

• Players
  • 27575 battles
  • [SBW] SBW

View Postnasfan, on Jun 05 2018 - 14:37, said:

The Cliff Notes version:

WG, your game is hard.  Please make it easier.  And, for the love of god, please stop trying to make money  Your employees don't need paychecks.

company worth 1.5 billion is clearly hurting to pay bills. thats why they bought a bank. 

nasfan #25 Posted Jun 05 2018 - 15:42

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 23798 battles
  • [-P-] -P-

View Postenya1ius, on Jun 05 2018 - 08:39, said:

company worth 1.5 billion is clearly hurting to pay bills. thats why they bought a bank. 

​Oh, so you don't think they should make so much.  I see.  So where should they stop?  Just curious to know what you think the enya-declared limit should be.

Edit:  Apple is worth $146.3 billion.  That is way too much.  They should start giving away their products for free until they drop down to a reasonable net worth.  It's not fair.

Edited by nasfan, Jun 05 2018 - 15:46.

GeorgePreddy #26 Posted Jun 05 2018 - 15:42

Major

• Players
  • 14345 battles
  • [L_LEG] L_LEG

OP... you have to pay in order to be top tier all the time (never worse than same tier at least), every single battle.

There's nothing wrong with that. It's a normal facet of the free-to-play model. WG became a billion dollar corporation using this model and now you are gonna tell them they are doing it "wrong" ??

How would WG ever make any real cash if every average and worse player could just play tier 10 all day long for free ?

Get real.

GeorgePreddy #27 Posted Jun 05 2018 - 15:50

Major

• Players
  • 14345 battles
  • [L_LEG] L_LEG

View PostRaxter54, on Jun 05 2018 - 11:22, said:

enya1ius #28 Posted Jun 05 2018 - 15:52

Sergeant

• Players
  • 27575 battles
  • [SBW] SBW

View Postnasfan, on Jun 05 2018 - 14:42, said:

​Oh, so you don't think they should make so much.  I see.  So where should they stop?  Just curious to know what you think the enya-declared limit should be.

you seemed to think that they cant pay their employees. but as for the enya declared limit, somewhere between a balanced game and a toxic dying one. if you are a logger and cut down the whole forest, you might make alot of money, but eventually you wont have a job. some healthy decisions at the top would help since it isnt like the gaming world is devoid of competition. In the past i have gladly purchased 50 dollar tanks because the direction was something I enjoyed and felt i wanted to support. in the last two years however my purchases have slowed and eventually stopped. I am quite sure I am not the only one. The only reason I have to keep playing this is blind hope that they might right the ship on a game I used to love. If however we are just the cash cow that them seem so intent on milking for every last drop, then I am content with not adding any more money to the game.  

GeorgePreddy #29 Posted Jun 05 2018 - 16:01

Major

• Players
  • 14345 battles
  • [L_LEG] L_LEG

View Postenya1ius, on Jun 05 2018 - 09:50, said:

lots and lots of free2play games have business models that arent pay to win

pish180 #30 Posted Jun 05 2018 - 16:09

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 4935 battles
  • [FIXX] FIXX

View Postenya1ius, on Jun 05 2018 - 14:19, said:

Yes it is the 9 million registered players on NA that have no idea what they want in gameplay, probably why less than 200k play in a week. and why new player recruitment is also at a low. it has to be us and not the dev team. got to be. 

Actually, I did some research.  The game is literally at an ALL TIME LOW.  Lowest it has ever been.  This game is honestly STRUGGLING to survive.  If you have read any of my other posts... I'm 99% certain they are putting AI into battles and that is what the dev team has been working on, making their in-house built AI less retarded.  You don't have to be a rocket Scientist to figure out the game is FAILING, it's terribly obvious.  1.  It says 22k people are connected but yet when I start to MM only 220 people are in Queue... that's 1% of the connected players are actively searching...  There is no way that 99% of those players are in battle, I believe its an over-inflated number.  And when WG says their MM is having issues what they really mean is they have to pay more for processing power because they add more AI to battles to fill the teams in a relatively quick manner.  Regardless if the AI scenario is true or not the game is hurting BAD.   It won't be long and they will have to implement 4 Tier MM. LOLOL. 

The stats that prove the game is at an All-time low: 
http://wot-news.com/...rver/us/norm/en

pish180 #31 Posted Jun 05 2018 - 16:18

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 4935 battles
  • [FIXX] FIXX

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Jun 05 2018 - 16:01, said:

I don't think you know what it means.   

Paying real money to have an advantage that other players don't have.  Just to name 1 is the ability to train your crews to 100% while this doesn't mean crapto you as you have been playing the game for years... new players can't be competitive without paying real $$.  The time it takes to get a low Tier tank crew to have 1 or 2 skills/perks, most people would start another game.  Silver can be purchased for real $$ and since premium rounds cost more Silver and that gives you a huge advantage, that equals pay-to-win.

As for Pay-To-Play you probably don't understand that either.  Since you can buy silver with real $$ and games can cost you Silver that means it is Pay-To-Play.  

I love when trolls come in here and post ignorant stuff like this and omit any facts that don't support their ideas.   LOL 

enya1ius #32 Posted Jun 05 2018 - 16:19

Sergeant

• Players
  • 27575 battles
  • [SBW] SBW

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Jun 05 2018 - 15:01, said:

hurr durrrrrr I love this community so much.Totally not cancerous, totally not toxic.  I genuinely hope you guys are right and this game is perfect and healthy. as for me I think I have had enough head bashing, mind numbing conversations for on day. Gotta go grind some RL credits. 

Risky_Dingo #33 Posted Jun 05 2018 - 16:19

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 10552 battles

WoT doesn't want your love, they want your money.

I wonder what their actual profit margin is.

See "My alternate universe" thread here, FWIW.

Boouck #34 Posted Jun 05 2018 - 16:29

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3732 battles

View Postpish180, on Jun 05 2018 - 16:09, said:

The stats that prove the game is at an All-time low: 
http://wot-news.com/...rver/us/norm/en

Here you forgot to add this it is posted in RED on the site you used: "Remember that this is not the official statistics"

So your research got you nothing...In other words, this website you used for research added what it THINKS is happening.

the_dude_76 #35 Posted Jun 05 2018 - 16:31

Major

• Players
  • 31707 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

View Postenya1ius, on Jun 05 2018 - 14:17, said:

"Thrive" i am sure that is the best term to call the current state of this game. that being said the server is dying. it is a slow death and will probably take 2 or more years. but baring some miracle resurgence how do you figure it is going to stay afloat? you think the heads in cyprus are going to keep this server afloat when it stops turning a profit? that being said

The game is absolutely thriving! This may come as a shock to you but the video gaming world does not revolve around N America. 

And of course I've been listening to the "slow death" argument for about 6 years so forgive my skepticism.

Block Quote

, i havent gone anywhere because i am a glutton for punishment and am currently playing on a potato. As soon as i upgrade my hardware this game goes back into the b tier of games.  

In all honesty this may be the most ridiculous excuse that I've ever heard

Block Quote

Thrives.... bahahahah

Half a billion in profits last year... If that isn't considered "thriving" please feel free to post the appropriate term...

pish180 #36 Posted Jun 05 2018 - 16:32

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 4935 battles
  • [FIXX] FIXX

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Jun 05 2018 - 15:42, said:

OP... you have to pay in order to be top tier all the time (never worse than same tier at least), every single battle.

There's nothing wrong with that. It's a normal facet of the free-to-play model. WG became a billion dollar corporation using this model and now you are gonna tell them they are doing it "wrong" ??

How would WG ever make any real cash if every average and worse player could just play tier 10 all day long for free ?

Get real.

TROLLS  will troll.  LOL 

You have contradicted yourself in your first 2 sentences.   " you have to pay in order to be top tier all the time" --  "free-to-play model."  

You have forgot what it is like to be a new player in this game.   

LOL for everyone talking about they money they make.  I'm literally LOL.   Do you know what diversifying the business is?  Don't put all your eggs in 1 basket?   Yeah?   So what WG has done is realize that WOT is not making money like it used to they started to create other games  to do the same thing.   Yes that is their model and I'm not at all saying they have to change it... I can pretty much assure all you trolls one thing though... You will eventually be playing other trolls and AI if it keeps up in it's current direction.  The stats and their Match Making are proof that the game is going to eventually FAIL.   At this point they may have already pull the cord and are just using tank sales to fund changes thus the reason why they are changing simple stats on premiums vs re-coding their [edited][edited]MatchMaker.  A 4th grader can change some stat values but to modify the [edited][edited]code in the MatchMaker might actually require a well paid developer.  I honestly don't care if you believe me either. If the current trend continues this game will almost be 100% dead in less than a 1 year.  

Just because a business model was good 6 years ago doesn't make it a good model today.  Things change and it is a dynamic landscape and you have to adapt to survive. 

pish180 #37 Posted Jun 05 2018 - 16:33

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 4935 battles
  • [FIXX] FIXX

View Postthe_dude_76, on Jun 05 2018 - 16:31, said:

The game is absolutely thriving! This may come as a shock to you but the video gaming world does not revolve around N America. 

And of course I've been listening to the "slow death" argument for about 6 years so forgive my skepticism.

In all honesty this may be the most ridiculous excuse that I've ever heard

Half a billion in profits last year... If that isn't considered "thriving" please feel free to post the appropriate term...

You are so ignorant is funny.  Please omit the facts more to support your viewpoint. 

There are more entities under WG than just WOT... you know that right?  Also, you do know that sales don't necessarily mean success right? Just because I buy 10 premium tanks, 1 doesn't mean I'm playing 10 tanks at a time.  The success of the game depends on people playing it, not paying for it.  It's hard to comprehend but think about it.

Edited by pish180, Jun 05 2018 - 16:37.

Risky_Dingo #38 Posted Jun 05 2018 - 16:39

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 10552 battles

I want a world of tanks.

Not a neighborhood of tanks.

the_dude_76 #39 Posted Jun 05 2018 - 17:07

Major

• Players
  • 31707 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

View Postpish180, on Jun 05 2018 - 15:33, said:

You are so ignorant is funny.  Please omit the facts more to support your viewpoint. 

What "facts" have I omitted??

Block Quote

There are more entities under WG than just WOT... you know that right? 

Whoops, my bad. I should have clarified that it was WoT alone that racked up half a billion in profits. I guess I did omit a fact... Even though I thought that it was pretty obvious what we were talking about

Block Quote

The success of the game depends on people playing it, not paying for it. 

And there are plenty of people playing to fill the queue at all times of the day and night. It's hard to comprehend but think about it...

the_dude_76 #40 Posted Jun 05 2018 - 17:11

Major

• Players
  • 31707 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

View Postpish180, on Jun 05 2018 - 15:32, said:

The stats and their Match Making are proof that the game is going to eventually FAIL.   

Wait?!?! Are you saying that this game won't last forever?? It won't be around for my great, great grandchildren to play??

That certainly is an insightful comment there Captain Obvious.

Also tagged with readme, changes, help, love, FORTHELOVE, WarGaming, CryingForHelp, PAYTOWIN, PAYTOPLAY, MatchMaking

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users