WG Please read this - PLEASE HELP US!

readme changes help love FORTHELOVE WarGaming CryingForHelp PAYTOWIN PAYTOPLAY MatchMaking

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
110 replies to this topic

Bootknife #41 Posted Jun 05 2018 - 17:27

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 38030 battles
  • [WDA] WDA
(Gets ANOTHER beer out of the cooler...)

riff_ #42 Posted Jun 05 2018 - 17:48

Major

• Players
  • 26815 battles

View Postriff_, on Jun 05 2018 - 07:30, said:

You do know that WG is allowed to make a profit with their game and company:ohmy:.  I am amazed that players believe that they should be able to play up to and through tier ten for free.:facepalm:

I see one of two things with your post OP:

1.  You do not understand how the world works.:confused:

2.  You are trolling the forum with this post..:)

View Postenya1ius, on Jun 05 2018 - 07:50, said:

lots and lots of free2play games have business models that arent pay to win

That may be so, I do not know.  But two points I would like to make.

1.  Just because another game may does not mean WG has too.  WG has every right to charge what the market is willing to pay.

2.  I was not referring to 'pay to win' but getting to tier 10 in a free vs. pay game.

One final thought, I use to have a Premium account but when it ran out awhile ago the did not repurchase it.  Playing up to tier 7.  That was my choice and I an happy with it.

GL FH

Edited by riff_, Jun 05 2018 - 17:49.

riff_ #43 Posted Jun 05 2018 - 17:52

Major

• Players
  • 26815 battles

View PostBootknife, on Jun 05 2018 - 11:27, said:

(Gets ANOTHER beer out of the cooler...)

You keep this up you are going to get all goofy

And what ever you do stay away from this thread.

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/579243-one-tank-a-day-in-protest/#topmost

Edited by riff_, Jun 05 2018 - 17:56.

pish180 #44 Posted Jun 05 2018 - 18:22

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 4935 battles
  • [FIXX] FIXX

For all of those people trolling do some research... if you dare.  Or post some more memes.   

Look at the success of Rocket League or PUBG, Then look at what happened to BattleFront 2 or Destiny 2.  These are real events that have facts leading to their success and failures. Pay-to-Win and Pay-To-Play are dead/dying, like it, love it or disagree... it doesn't matter, it's real.  Rocket League is 100% cosmetic mods but yet they are KILLING it in sales.  Games like RL and PUGB have created a game where players WANT to pay money not have to pay money.  PUBG is the same way except it has more incentive because the Steam Marketplace where you can sell the items and make a considerable amount of money on Steam and buy more games and items.  There are ways to make real money but Steam doesn't like this because they don't get paid. 

Monday, May 29th 2017 - 9.7million random games played 

Monday May 28th 2018 - 7.8 million random games played.  

In 1 year the numbers have drooped almost 2 million games.  That's over 20% decrease in the number of games played in 1 year.

Now let's take it back to Monday, May 30th 2016 - 19.3 million random games played!!!!    2016 to 2017 there was almost a 50% decrease in games played.  From 2016 to now that is a 60+% decrease in games played!  

So don't even think for a minute the game is thriving.  There is a reason they had to do +-3 MatchMatching and queue time is a concern... there are NOT enough players.  There is a reason why they are investing more in Warships and Airplanes etc.    I don't think they will fix the model and thus this game will eventually die.  Sorry, all you paying folks... You will be playing against AI eventually or the game will cease to exist. 

Edited by pish180, Jun 05 2018 - 18:25.

pish180 #45 Posted Jun 05 2018 - 18:32

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 4935 battles
  • [FIXX] FIXX

View Postthe_dude_76, on Jun 05 2018 - 17:11, said:

Wait?!?! Are you saying that this game won't last forever?? It won't be around for my great, great grandchildren to play??

That certainly is an insightful comment there Captain Obvious.

You're such a moron it's comical.   A company like CCP that makes Eve Online has been around since 2003 supporting the same 1 "ONE" game for over 15 years.  So when you say won't last forever there are companies that actually care about their communities and don't leave the players completely fked after spending hundreneds if not thousands of dollars on a game.  They adapt and find new ways to make money and encourage player growth not force garbage down our throat.  

the_dude_76 #46 Posted Jun 05 2018 - 18:42

Major

• Players
  • 31707 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

View Postpish180, on Jun 05 2018 - 17:32, said:

You're such a moron it's comical.   A company like CCP that makes Eve Online has been around since 2003 supporting the same 1 "ONE" game for over 15 years.  So when you say won't last forever there are companies that actually care about their communities and don't leave the players completely fked after spending hundreneds if not thousands of dollars on a game.  They adapt and find new ways to make money and encourage player growth not force garbage down our throat.  

ROTFLMAO!! First, I had to look up Eve Online because I had never even heard of it. What I did find out when I looked it up was that it maxed out at 500k subs and the number of subs has been declining since 2013, so yeah, great comparison there genius.

Second, if you think any game will last forever you've got no business calling other people morons because that is without doubt the dumbest idea that I've ever heard. Entropy rules all!

pish180 #47 Posted Jun 05 2018 - 18:55

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 4935 battles
  • [FIXX] FIXX

View Postthe_dude_76, on Jun 05 2018 - 18:42, said:

ROTFLMAO!! First, I had to look up Eve Online because I had never even heard of it. What I did find out when I looked it up was that it maxed out at 500k subs and the number of subs has been declining since 2013, so yeah, great comparison there genius.

Second, if you think any game will last forever you've got no business calling other people morons because that is without doubt the dumbest idea that I've ever heard. Entropy rules all!

LOL you must be in your teens still if you don't know what EVE Online is. 

1.  I didn't say WOT or Eve or any game would last forever.  I said they have been working with this community for over 15 years on a single game.  Whereas WG has pretty much said fk off, diversified their game portfolio and double/tripped down on their trash game model and make more games.  Which I will no longer be part of.  I work in the Software industry and while I'm not an expert it's an obvious trend that you have to adapt to survive.  The context is different with games vs IT software but the concepts are the same.  Marketing (Draw interest) , Sales (increase customer base), Development (evolve product), Support (Keep customers happy).   In the IT world when a larger company spins off new products the other products can become convoluted and stale as R&D goes into other products.  AKA the funding WOT makes doesn't mean it goes to the developers of WOT.    

If you really cared about this game and enjoy it you should be encouraging the changes that I'm proposing as it would help drive new players and retain players.   Just a thought.

the_dude_76 #48 Posted Jun 05 2018 - 19:13

Major

• Players
  • 31707 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

View Postpish180, on Jun 05 2018 - 17:55, said:

LOL you must be in your teens still if you don't know what EVE Online is. 

LOL!! My kids aren't even in their teens anymore!  (FYI, some people do more than just play video games.) Though your comment seems to suggest that the game you use as a comparison is now so irrelevant that the most populous gamer demographic, teens, couldn't give a rats [edited]about it.

Block Quote

Whereas WG has pretty much said fk off, diversified their game portfolio and double/tripped down on their trash game model and make more games.  Which I will no longer be part of.

The problem with people like you is that you don't understand what an "opinion" is and that you can't grasp the reality that not everyone shares yours. And of course the fact that you're still here posting long-winded diatribes pretty much debunks your "will no longer be a part of" gibberish.

Block Quote

If you really cared about this game and enjoy it you should be encouraging the changes that I'm proposing as it would help drive new players and retain players.   Just a thought.

Why on Earth would I "care about" any video game?? People with real lives generally don't care much about trivial forms of entertainment. I knew when I started playing that eventually I'd move on to something else and frankly, I've been here longer than I expected to. I think most of your ideas suck so why would I support them??

Tiocfaidh_Arla #49 Posted Jun 05 2018 - 20:02

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 558 battles

View Postwildgooseman, on Jun 05 2018 - 13:22, said:

While I agree the economy in tanks is far from perfect (especially coparing to warships) it should be noted that not even the unicums make much if any silver at 9/10. They grind tier 8 premiums which is what WG want everyone to do as you only have to look at how many premium 8s there are and the rate new ones are introduced.

The only tier 8 I will play is a Tier 8 with pref MM. The rest are just crap because you get 10's every match. That's what I call true balance.

Bootknife #50 Posted Jun 05 2018 - 20:56

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 38030 battles
  • [WDA] WDA
(rEaches iNto thE Cooler for ANother Beer...)

Ich_bin_Hass #51 Posted Jun 05 2018 - 21:29

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 73472 battles
  • [PERCH] PERCH

View Post_Katyusha___, on Jun 05 2018 - 07:06, said:

Why do u even play tier X?

All the fun, historical, good looking tanks are at lower tiers. Kv-2, cromwell, pz IV, T-34, sherman, stug III, hellcat, B1, Chi Ha, IS-2, etc.

Tier X is just a freak show anyway. There is no need to suffer grinding credits and exp at higher tiers when most of the best game content is available much earlier.

I also love how people complains over and over about WG being a business, also linking it to politics, and even about race! There is people that come here and complains about them as if they were communist!

Some of you guys acts like if you hate capitalism, lol. No wonder why NA server size is the smallest, if people playing here is unable to manage frustration  or learn to adapt to the changes. 

I VERY seldom play T10 tanks. IMHO those are for CW's only. As NO MATTER if you win. You're gonna lose creds. Simple. That's why I NEVER liked the 3/5/7 MM. As all it is is a way to give T10 unicum players a way to get into battles to RAMPAGE over T8's. To give those unicum players a way to improve their ratings. Again simple ! Which now with the HORRIBLE armor creep with tanks. The T8's in the Battles now are just fodder for the T10 unicums. The only players that WG's cares about.

Edited by Ich_bin_Hass, Jun 05 2018 - 21:31.

pish180 #52 Posted Jun 05 2018 - 21:34

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 4935 battles
  • [FIXX] FIXX

View Postthe_dude_76, on Jun 05 2018 - 19:13, said:

LOL!! My kids aren't even in their teens anymore!  (FYI, some people do more than just play video games.) Though your comment seems to suggest that the game you use as a comparison is now so irrelevant that the most populous gamer demographic, teens, couldn't give a rats [edited]about it.

The problem with people like you is that you don't understand what an "opinion" is and that you can't grasp the reality that not everyone shares yours. And of course the fact that you're still here posting long-winded diatribes pretty much debunks your "will no longer be a part of" gibberish.

Why on Earth would I "care about" any video game?? People with real lives generally don't care much about trivial forms of entertainment. I knew when I started playing that eventually I'd move on to something else and frankly, I've been here longer than I expected to. I think most of your ideas suck so why would I support them??

You are just full of contradictions. 

1. Why do you even come into a forum let alone the "Feedback" section if you don't care about the game?  Ahh I know, you are a troll.   The fact that you troll the forums and then say you don't care about the game and then have no clue as to what other games companies do in contrast to the current situation makes your opinion very valuable to this conversation.  Thanks

Block Quote

People with real lives generally don't care much about trivial forms of entertainment. 

Yet you are the forums for the game and posting in threads that are located in the "Feedback" section.  *confused*.  

Block Quote

most populous gamer demographic, teens, couldn't give  a rats  [edited]about it.

Didn't say the populous should give a rats [edited]about it.  But for sake of argument on what is needed for the future, you need to understand past and the current landscape.  This is one reason why schools teach HISTORY, this is the same reason there are things called business plans.  So for sake of argument when you said you have no clue you are already claiming ignorance on the topic vs just stop typing you then type back things you assume that I've said.   Regardless if the game is popular with anyone, any more the point was the company is committed to it's players and keeping the game alive.  Next time I will get my crayons out and write it for you. 

Edited by pish180, Jun 05 2018 - 21:58.

pish180 #53 Posted Jun 05 2018 - 21:35

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 4935 battles
  • [FIXX] FIXX

View PostIch_bin_Hass, on Jun 05 2018 - 21:29, said:

I VERY seldom play T10 tanks. IMHO those are for CW's only. As NO MATTER if you win. You're gonna lose creds. Simple. That's why I NEVER liked the 3/5/7 MM. As all it is is a way to give T10 unicum players a way to get into battles to RAMPAGE over T8's. To give those unicum players a way to improve their ratings. Again simple ! Which now with the HORRIBLE armor creep with tanks. The T8's in the Battles now are just fodder for the T10 unicums. The only players that WG's cares about.

FACTS

the_dude_76 #54 Posted Jun 05 2018 - 23:31

Major

• Players
  • 31707 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

View Postpish180, on Jun 05 2018 - 20:34, said:

You are just full of contradictions. 

Just because you don't like what I have to say doesn't make any of it contradictory. I enjoy playing this game, it is entertainment for me. But I will never become emotionally invested in any video game the way that people like you do

Block Quote

Yet you are the forums for the game and posting in threads that are located in the "Feedback" section.  *confused*.  

A- topic was on the main page

B- again, no emotional investment. It's a game I enjoy, as are the forums. Simple

Block Quote

Regardless if the game is popular with anyone, any more the point was the company is committed to it's players and keeping the game alive.

This game (not this company) made nearly a half a billion dollars last year. It was the 4th most profitable PC game. Clearly your doom and gloom opinion is not shared by many people. Perhaps you are the one who needs things spelled out with crayons...

EmperorJuliusCaesar #55 Posted Jun 06 2018 - 02:19

Major

• Players
  • 26096 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View Postpish180, on Jun 04 2018 - 23:08, said:

This game is so horribly designed and is SCREAMING for help to be redesigned properly.  Everyone grinds so hard to get to T10, they get there and then realize... this game is 100% Pay to Win and Pay to Play.  Paying for Silver at the end of a match is the most asinine thing I've ever heard of.  If you lose you will 100% will be charged Silver at the end of the round even with Premium Time.  This BLOWS MY F'in MIND that WG thought this was a good idea.  Ethically speaking I don't think I can knowingly give WG any more money with this concept... and I certainly would never refer a friend to play this game because I know they will be playing oodles of money in a black hole.   Once I run out my Premium time, I'm done with this game unless there is a commitment to re-designed the game.  

In the event someone with a title from WG is reading this I will provide my constructive feedback as polite as I can.  I will try to define the problem followed by the solution.

1.  Once you reach T9 and T10 this game is 100% Pay-To-Play and Pay-To-Win.  It is costing Silver almost 100% of the time if you lose and that is with a Premium account (I'm already paying and I'm still losing Silver... *mind is blown*).  The game was intentionally designed with top Tier tanks to have more armor than most tanks have firepower... of course unless you use premium ammo and now if you are a paying extra Silver per round... That player shall now be granted an almost certain chance to penetrate and cause damage if they wish to pay WG more money.
 SOLUTION:  This is a multi-part fix.  

a.  Remove the ability to buy Premium ammo Give each player a limit of premium rounds based on tank stats per tank/per battle.  So say something like the IS7 you get 4-5 Premium rounds, JPZ E100 gets 2, etc.  This removes the aspect of Pay-To-Win because players will not be charged for the ammo they will be given it and the strategy will be "use it wisely".   

b.  Rebalance the penetration of all the guns to allow for standard ammo to be more effective.  In my 705A and I have less than 28% chance to penetration the 268V4 in the front with std ammo. The 268 doesn't even have to be behind cover, doesn't have to move, they don't even have to angle the armor.  There needs to be some serious balancing. 

c. Make HE rounds more effectivefor non-HE default tanks.   I can't even tell you how many times I've hit a T34 directly in the gunner's viewport with an HE round and it does nothing.  Maybe at least add a short stun. Most of the time we are talking about 80-200dmg using an HE round they should have a little bit more use than that.  

d.  Rebalance how Silver is earned for all tiers 5-10.  You should NEVER be charged silver to play this game PERIOD!!  Silver earnings should be consistent at all levels from T5-T10.  This will remove the Pay-To-Play concept.   And Now I'm sure you will be saying OMG... we can't do that... Nobody will buy Premium, we will lose money, etc... NOT TRUE.  You can still have Premium earn you more silver but the concept of losing silver is PAY-To-Play, 100%.  You should be rewarding players for playing your game.  Encourage them to spend money, not force them to spend money.  It should be fun and they should want to spend money on "cool" items (more on this later).

e.  Change the way that Experience and Silver are earned.  Currently, the system is so HORRIBLY broken it's not funny!  It rewards AFKs, Bots, AI, Kill Stealers, Campers, Griefers, and Baiters.  Players should be rewarded for their battle contribution NOT rewarded more for winning or losing the TEAM battle.  If you end the game with no shots, no damage, 0-spotting damage, etc, you get 0 Silver and No Exp.  If you lose the game and did 4k damage 2k blocked damage you should get a ton of EXP and Silver for attempting to play the game and be a team player attempting to try and Win.  The problem is actually counter-intuitive when rewarding players.  Giving players an extra bonus based on a win with the current matchmaking system means you can just set up and AFK bot, or just go camp in the corner and still be rewarded very well for literally doing nothing and contributing nothing. It's an odds game if you queue up enough as AFK you will eventually get carried to a win. 

f.  Implement "Counts-As-Kill" stats that allows the player that did the most damage to earn the credit for the kill (lots of FPS games currently do this like BattleField, Battlefront).  This removes the benefit for the greedy kill stealers who don't shoot (bait their team) until the last moment to steal the kill.  Again this encourages teamwork because even if they get the final blow... it might not be "their" kill.  The goal should be to eliminate the target as quickly as possible not wait for the last shot and get all the kills.  This is a real thing that happens almost every game I play!  

2.  REMOVE GOLD or have a way to EARN gold.  100% crew training should be done with Silver,  Re-training crews should be done with Silver.  There should be NOTHING that gives players an advantage that costs an in-game currency that is only obtainable using real $$.  If you want to use Gold as the currency... for Crews then allow players to earn Gold or convert Silver to Gold.  Sure that is a problem because now they can get premium tanks for free.   True.  Honestly premium tanks are horribly broken and that's an entirely different conversation.   The premium shop should only sell Gold and you use Gold to buy tanks, Personal Reserves, Premium Time. 

3. For the love of everything holy FIX MATCH MAKING!!  3/5/7 is a terrible idea!  Whoever thought of 3/5/7 that should be hit with a baseball bat repeatedly.  If you choose to keep 3 Tier MM (which I'm sure you will because you don't have enough players in Queue to play the game without it) then please change the ratio to 2/8/5.  I believe making it the majority middle tier tanks will help for many reasons but mainly to help to reduce the LANDSLIDES wins and losses due to your top tier 3 tanks being terrible.  Currently, with 3 Tier 10s there are 7 tanks that are pretty much "easy kills" aka frag bait and 5 somewhat respectable opponents, that's not too hard to overcome in a 268 V4, Maus, or FV4005, etc. Also only really having 8 of 15 players that can penetrate is also a big factor. Another (what I think is obvious but apparently not). fix for the Match Maker is to allow for players to have an even ratio of games as Mid/Top/Bottom tiers allowing for an even playing ground.  This by itself would make T10 MatchMaking take a long time since they are currently placed with T8's so much.  I believe implementing No Silver Lost, Evening the EXP/Silver earnings across the board will help even the player base out, not to mention make T10 more accessible for players who are good.  It is best to reward the players that are helping the game by being good.  It is good to also say AFK players will not be rewarded at all for lack of contribution. 

4.FreeEXP are you kidding me? Now I'm playing the game and doing well.. and I'm earning something that I can only use if I pay real $$!? Seriously, another terrible idea and they should be hit with a baseball bat!  If you want more money.....  Develop more cosmetic mods, custom round tracers, custom tank explosions, flags, etc etc.  It's SO simple I SERIOUSLY think an 8-year-old could come up with these ideas.  Give the players EXP and if you must keep this FreeEXP thing... allow players to use Silver to convert it, not real money.   Reward players for playing not penalize them with PAY MORE moto.   

I feel these 4 HUGE things would change the entire game for the better... I know it will never happen because this is a Russian based company and they bank on players surge spending and then quitting.  The majority of the people that stick around are the people that have invested too much money in the game and would feel like bankruptcy if they quit.   Most of the top players don't even buy anything anymore.  The income is literally based on doping new players into their Ponzi-scheme.  I'll likely keep my account but likely won't play after my Premium runs out.  Best of luck, I will be dreaming of the day when these changes are implemented.  

TLDR?? 
Troll Bait here: 

MOST games' end-game content is NOT FREE.  WoT technically is, but very hard for most to do.  This is a game, a game is entertainment, most entertainment isn't free.  WG can't pay for it's employees, the servers, development etc if everything can be had easily for free. 

pish180 #56 Posted Jun 06 2018 - 03:31

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 4935 battles
  • [FIXX] FIXX

View PostEmperorJuliusCaesar, on Jun 06 2018 - 02:19, said:

MOST games' end-game content is NOT FREE.  WoT technically is, but very hard for most to do.  This is a game, a game is entertainment, most entertainment isn't free.  WG can't pay for it's employees, the servers, development etc if everything can be had easily for free. 

Are you proposing that only T10 tanks should be Gold sales only ("Most games end-game content is NOT FREE")?? Is that is that what you mean by end-game content?  If that is what you are proposing then that would be fine... if you kept those players separate from other players that don't want to pay for it.  When the game is structured as I outlined in my post you have conflicting problems, you are introducing Pay-To-Win and Pay-To-Play.  Both are bad for player retention.  Regardless if you don't like it that is what it is.  As i mentioned in previous posts there are many games using the new model.  Rocket League and PUBG are 2 of the most popular games out just to name a couple but there are MANY others.  Introducing cosmetic mods as I mentioned in a previous post would allow WG to make money but not provide advantages for force Pay-To-Win on players. 

Block Quote

WG can't pay for  it's  employees, the servers, development etc if everything can be had easily for free.

"Easily for free" or rewarding the player that play your game and help build more sales.  This is yet another counter-intuitive concept.  Do you know that WG gives Premium tanks away for free to certain players that are big in the community? **OMG no way!**  Pretty much all the big streamers for WOT get them free.  This actually drives sales up as others players see these videos and want that tank.  Having someone "in playing the game they are 99% more likely to spend money than someone who gives up and switches games.   See that logic?  Let's dive deeper... Just because someone is here and not currently spending money doesn't mean they won't spend money... However, if that player quits the game because its trash and do not play WOT anymore (why would they buy anything, yet receive the marketing trash?)... you have pretty much no chance to make a sale.  WOT I will say does a good job of bringing players back around New Years but then the number die off hard.  Stats in on of my other posts.   Player retention is very VERY important, it's free marketing, players encourage their friends to play which can lead to new sales and increases sales, Clans start, etc.  It's kinda a big deal.  To wrap this up... I never said anything about giving anything away for free however certain things need changing.  The numbers are dropping FAST. 

Edited by pish180, Jun 06 2018 - 05:01.

Liberty75 #57 Posted Jun 06 2018 - 03:39

Captain

• Players
  • 46008 battles
  • [ORDER] ORDER

View Postpish180, on Jun 05 2018 - 02:08, said:

3. For the love of everything holy FIX MATCH MAKING!!  3/5/7 is a terrible idea!  Whoever thought of 3/5/7 that should be hit with a baseball bat repeatedly.

:great:

pish180 #58 Posted Jun 06 2018 - 04:59

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 4935 battles
  • [FIXX] FIXX

View Postthe_dude_76, on Jun 05 2018 - 23:31, said:

Just because you don't like what I have to say doesn't make any of it contradictory. I enjoy playing this game, it is entertainment for me. But I will never become emotionally invested in any video game the way that people like you do

A- topic was on the main page

B- again, no emotional investment. It's a game I enjoy, as are the forums. Simple

This game (not this company) made nearly a half a billion dollars last year. It was the 4th most profitable PC game. Clearly your doom and gloom opinion is not shared by many people. Perhaps you are the one who needs things spelled out with crayons...

Its not that I don't like what you have to say, as I pointed out it is just wrong.  I explained your contradiction in the most recent post and then pointed out that the game is not "thriving" by providing stats that players have dropped over 60% in the past 2 years.  If you can't see acknowledge the facts I'm done trying to explain it, it's there for everyone else to read.

So when you say emotionally invested... you can also add financially invested as well, no denying it.  Whenever I spend my money I speak my voice, I've spent a crapton of money on this game.  Its kinda like getting involved with politics because you pay more in taxes than most people make in a year.  You become a part of the community per-say.   

I read the article you are referring to.

https://www.superdat...l-games-market/

Check this out too then:

https://www.pcgamer....-h1z1-and-pubg/

https://www.vg247.co...7-half-revenue/

I'm not 100% sure if I believe the list they have made... this article somewhat contradicts other articles and 1 huge fact here is.  WG is a privately held company so they don't have to provide numbers nor do they have to be accurate numbers.  Really only Ubisoft, Activision, Blizzard, EA and other publicly traded companies have to provide accurate numbers.   Considering Blizzard specifically lists  Call of Duty: WW2, Overwatch, and Destiny 2 as huge profit earners in 2017 accounting for almost 1/2 the companies profit and none of those games are listed.... Additionally many of the Steam games listed as platinum are not on that list and many are privately held companies like Bluehole (who makes PUGB).  I'm positive WG numbers are WAY over inflated.  There is no way in hell that that R6S is not on the PC list.  Its in the top 10-11 most watched on Twitch and it was listed on the Steam Platinum list.  An even bigger issue with that list... Overwatch didn't make it? Are you kidding, that a huge red flag, even after Blizzard said its top 3? 

Some things to remember:

Profits and released numbers.  Privately held companies have no obligation nor do they have a legal responsibility to provide numbers.  The number they provide don't even have to be accurate numbers for game sales, costs for a game, let alone profit numbers. 

Profits alone don't tell you if you are successful.  You need previous history to understand if it is "growing/booming".   Player base is the real success criteria for success, increasing sales is rather easy... PUT SOMETHING ON SALE that players want.  Considering the stats, the numbers have consistently declined for WOT year-after-year. 

WG is more than just NA.  As you even mentioned in your posts WOT profits are HUGELY driven by RU and EU community, the NA community is by far the smallest.  Regardless of the reason or the debate as to why, the bigger concern is: can the NA take the current losses?  It is worth keeping an NA server up if you can't MM?  As I mentioned over 60% decline in player base in the past 2 years. 

I can assure you of 1 thing... WG knows there is a decline in players.  This was the reason they changed the Match Maker to +-3, this is why they are removing pref MM tanks.  This is why they don't keep game modes like FrontLine mode active forever.  It royally messes up core play which is Random Games.  I'm 100% certain they see the issue and they are just applying baid-aids to mask the larger issues which will take tons of Dev work and cost a ton of money to redesign the platform, thus take away from profits.  Until enough of the community says enough is enough they will continue to not give a crapabout player concerns.   So many people are dumping WOT with this announcement of the latest changes and i'm on board. 

EmperorJuliusCaesar #59 Posted Jun 06 2018 - 05:43

Major

• Players
  • 26096 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View Postenya1ius, on Jun 05 2018 - 05:19, said:

View Post_Katyusha___, on Jun 05 2018 - 13:06, said:

No wonder why NA server size is the smallest, if people playing here is unable to manage frustration  or learn to adapt to the changes. 

Yes it is the 9 million registered players on NA that have no idea what they want in gameplay, probably why less than 200k play in a week. and why new player recruitment is also at a low. it has to be us and not the dev team. got to be. 

The player base wants VERY different things.  Some want a SBMM, others hate the idea.  Some dislike arty, but every WG in-game poll, and every forum poll shows that the majority like it.   New recruitment isn't so bad, new player retention however, is very bad.....but that is the fault of the players, you know who I'm talking about....The selfish, pathetic seal-clubbing stat padding d/bags that ruin the new player experience.  Then the same people complain when new players buy tier 8 premiums to get away from the seal clubbing.  So they ruin the new player experience, then complain when the seals buy premiums to avoid them.  Very hypocritical, but not surprising, that is just the low character of NA showing up yet again. 

the_dude_76 #60 Posted Jun 06 2018 - 06:48

Major

• Players
  • 31707 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

View Postpish180, on Jun 06 2018 - 03:59, said:

and then pointed out that the game is not "thriving" by providing stats that players have dropped over 60% in the past 2 years. . 

So what?? It's the 4th most profitable PC game. It still blows the VAST majority of other PC games out of the water. The fact that it is less than it once was is irrelevant. I'm sorry that you can't, or just refuse to, grasp this simple reality.

Block Quote

I've spent a crapton of money on this game.

Again, so what?? You've spent money on entertainment. Just like billions of people around the world do. You're entitled you your opinion regarding the worth of that entertainment but the idea that the people you've given money to, for entertainment, should listen to you because you've spent some money, just like billions of other people do, is laughable. 

Block Quote

Its kinda like getting involved with politics because you pay more in taxes than most people make in a year.  You become a part of the community per-say. 

And this is just ridiculous. Taxes?? Really?? No one forces you to give a single dime to WG. You choose to. Even after agreeing to their terms. Sorry but buyers remorse doesn't give you any special considerations.

As a final note- Stop wasting your time. I mean my God! How much time have you spent posting about a game that you claim you're about to quit?? I've already told you that I'm not emotionally invested; I'm barely even scanning through these posts that you're investing so much time and effort in...

Also tagged with readme, changes, help, love, FORTHELOVE, WarGaming, CryingForHelp, PAYTOWIN, PAYTOPLAY, MatchMaking

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users