Premium tank crew transfer to a lower tier

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

low_bidder #1 Posted Jun 06 2018 - 02:39

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 17740 battles

What will happen if I transfer the crew from a premium tank to a lower tier tank of the same type? Is there a penalty?  i.e. premium level 8 heavy to level 7 heavy Do I have to retrain at the lower level? What happens to the skills?

What will happen if I then want to move the crew back to the original premium tank?  Is there a retraining penalty?

Edited by low_bidder, Jun 06 2018 - 02:41.

PapioTitan #2 Posted Jun 06 2018 - 02:53

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 41136 battles
What type tank is the crew trained on? Without that data, generally you should put regular tank crews into premiums for a training boast and no performance penalty. If the percentage in the upper left turns red, that's bad. Ignore the tank name being red. Tier doesn't matter. 

3nr0n #3 Posted Jun 06 2018 - 02:55

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 17812 battles
  • [K-H] K-H

If you bought a premi tank that came with a crew you can take that crew and put them in any tier tank that is the same type ( heavy, Medium etc...), the crew must be with the same nation you cannot put a German crew in and American tank.  No penalty from going up or down tiers in the qualifications of the members in either tank.  I have a crew for my American T29 that I play in my T34.  

Retrain the crew in the tech tree tank and then you can switch the crews from the tech tree tank to the premium tank without any penalty.   That way you can play the crew in the tech tree tank get your 2x for the day then put them in the premi tank and get another 2x for the crew in that tank, that way the crew is trained "twice as fast".

I bought the Tier 131 here while back and it came with a crew.  I put that crew in the barracks and am using the 131 to train my Tiger II crew and my other German heavy crews. 

I retrained the Tiger 131 crew to my Grille.

I also have a crew for my American T29 that I play in my T34.  

Stormer100 #4 Posted Jun 06 2018 - 02:57

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14719 battles
  • [PRGY] PRGY

Tier doesn't matter.

The only time that there is no penalty is when you move a crew from a certain nation and vehicle type TO a premium vehicle of the same nation and type, not the other way around. You can move a crew from a standard tank to a premium, a premium to another premium, but not a crew trained for a premium, to a standard without a penalty. (but why would you do that anyways.)

FrozenKemp #5 Posted Jun 06 2018 - 03:27

Major

• Players
  • 47348 battles

Just to clarify:

If you take a crew and you put them in any other regular tank, there is a penalty.  You can get rid of the penalty by paying to retrain the crew to the second tank.  This is permanent and the crew no longer have a record of having been in the first tank.   depending on the type of retraining you pick there is a penalty to their xp.  unless you pay with gold.

However a premium tank can be used without penalty to train any crew from a tank of the same type and nation. So in your case after retraining you could use them in both tanks.

heavymetal1967 #6 Posted Jun 06 2018 - 04:30

Major

• Players
  • 64722 battles

View PostStormer100, on Jun 05 2018 - 20:57, said:

Tier doesn't matter.

The only time that there is no penalty is when you move a crew from a certain nation and vehicle type TO a premium vehicle of the same nation and type, not the other way around. You can move a crew from a standard tank to a premium, a premium to another premium, but not a crew trained for a premium, to a standard without a penalty. (but why would you do that anyways.)

This OP.  Regular tanks crews (same nation/class) will work in prems without penalty.  Not the other way around.

You take an earnings and proficiency penalty.

But you can train a 100 percent base crew for a tank of the same class for silver and they will start out at 90 percent base skill instead of 75 percent.  And with boosters and using the premium, especially on dailies and special events it won't take long to get their base back to 100 percent.

Anytime I've bought a prem tank with a bundled crew I keep them for this just the same as free crew we get on occasion.  My FL crews are sitting in my barracks till I find a US heavy or Soviet med to stick them into at 90 base from a silver retrain.

However make sure you don't have any unassigned xp for secondary perks/skills.  Because if you do that "extra" xp for them will go towards filling out the remaining 10 percent of the base.  But you'll lose xp in the conversion process.

rich73 #7 Posted Jun 06 2018 - 04:36

Major

• Players
  • 50798 battles
Get better instructions when you buy accounts.

heavymetal1967 #8 Posted Jun 06 2018 - 04:46

Major

• Players
  • 64722 battles

Here OP and anyone else.

Competency/earnings penalties, http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Crew#Bonuses_and_Penalties

Block Quote

• Vehicle Competence Penalty on Effective Training Level: A crew member must be trained to serve in a specific vehicle which is their designated "Vehicle Competence". Should a crewman operate a vehicle that he/she is not trained for, he/she may do so but will receive a Penalty to the effectiveness of their Training Level in their Major Qualification and any Skills and Perks he/she has earned and the Effective Training Level for their Major Qualification will be indicated by the % Training Level being colored red in the garage crew panel on their icon. The amount of this Penalty is variable depending upon whether their Vehicle Competence and the vehicle he/she moved to are vehicles of the same "Type" (ie TD, MT, LT, HT, or SPG) or are premium vehicles. The Penalty incurred is according to the following situations:
  • If a crew member is moved to a vehicle of the same Type as that in which he/she has their Vehicle Competence, and the vehicle is a premium vehicle, there is no penalty.
  • If a crew member is in a vehicle of the same Type as that in which he/she has their Vehicle Competence, and the vehicle is not a premium vehicle, he/she will take a 25% penalty to their current Training Level. For example, an 80% Training Level will be reduced by 25% to 60% and a 100% level would be reduced to 75%.
  • If a crew member is in a vehicle of a different Type as that in which he/she has their Vehicle Competence, and the vehicle is a premium vehicle, he/she would also take a 25% Penalty to their current Training Level.
  • If a crew member is in a vehicle of a different Type as that in which he/she has their Vehicle Competence, and the vehicle is not a premium vehicle, he/she will take a 50% penalty to their current Training Level. For example, an 80% Training Level will be reduced by 50% to 40%, while a 100% level would be reduced to 50%.

• Vehicle Competence Penalty on Experience to Increase Training Level: A tanker crewing a vehicle that he/she is has no Vehicle Competence in will earn less experience from each battle to be applied to increasing their Training Level.
  • In a new vehicle of the same Type as that in which he/she has their Vehicle Competence, there is no Penalty if the new vehicle is a premium vehicle.
  • In a vehicle of a different Type as that in which he/she has their Vehicle Competence, the crew member would earn 50% less experience per battle if the new vehicle is a premium vehicle.
  • In a new non-premium vehicle of the same Type as that in which he/she has their Vehicle Competence, a Penalty will apply and the crewman would earn 50% less experience per battle than he/she normally would.
  • In a new non-premium vehicle of a different Type as that in which he/she has their Vehicle Competence, a Penalty will apply and the crewman would earn 75% less experience per battle than he/she normally would.

Retraining, http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Crew#Training_and_Retraining_in_the_Major_Qualification

Block Quote

Choices for Re-Training a Crew Member for Move to a Different Vehicle

• Tank Academy - At the cost of 200 Gold, the player's selection of the Tank Academy option will cause the existing crew member to immediately obtain a 100% Training Level in their Major Qualification for the new vehicle. If the crew member has no existing Skills or Perks, then this option will automatically unlock and make available the further selection of a first Skill or Perk. If the crew member has already acquired any Skills or Perks, then each of them will carry over to the new vehicle and immediately become active without any reduction in the same percentage level earned prior to the move.
  • Regimental School - At the cost of 20,000 credits, the player's selection of the Regimental School option will cause the existing crew member to immediately obtain a new Major Qualification Training Level equivalent to 75%, or to 90% of their former Training Level, whichever is greater; if he/she is retraining to a new vehicle of the same type. For example, moving from one TD to a different TD. If the move is from a vehicle of one type to another, a TD to SPG, then the Regimental School option retrains him to 75%, or 80% of their former level, whichever is greater. In either such case no new Skill or Perk selection will become available until the crew member's Training Level in their Major Qualification reaches 100% through experience earned in battle.
  • Rapid Courses - For free, the player's selection of the Rapid Courses option will cause the existing crew memberuit to immediately obtain the default Major Qualification Training Level equivalent to 50%, or to 80% of their former Training Level, whichever is greater; if he/she is retraining to a new vehicle of the same type. For example, moving from one TD to a different TD. If the move is from a vehicle of one type to another, a TD to SPG, then the Regimental School option retrains him to 50%, or 60% of their former level, whichever is greater. In either such case no new Skill or Perk selection will become available until the crew member's Training Level in their Major Qualification reaches 100% through experience earned in battle.
  • Effect on Pre-Existing Skills and Perks - If the crew member has already acquired any Skills or Perks prior to retraining by Rapid Courses or by Regimental School, then each of them will carry over to the new vehicle without any reduction in the same percentage level earned prior to the move. They will remain effective in the new vehicle at their current percentage levels. However, their icons will be greyed out and such Skills and Perks will not resume accumulating additional experience through battle and increasing in effectiveness until such time as the Training Level in the Major Qualification in the new vehicle reaches 100%. Thereafter, such Skills and Perks will all be restored to active, their icon will illuminate, and once again they will start accumulating additional experience through battle.

Yao_Wang #9 Posted Jun 06 2018 - 04:46

Captain

• -Players-
  • 13045 battles

View Postlow_bidder, on Jun 05 2018 - 17:39, said:

What will happen if I transfer the crew from a premium tank to a lower tier tank of the same type? Is there a penalty?  i.e. premium level 8 heavy to level 7 heavy Do I have to retrain at the lower level? What happens to the skills?

What will happen if I then want to move the crew back to the original premium tank?  Is there a retraining penalty?

ok if the crew is trained only in the premium tank u are wasting the crew & tank the crew should be trained 4 none premium tanks now since the crew is trained 4 a premium tank if u put them into a none premium tank they will take a training penilty more so if it's a different type

now the way premium tanks work is as follows u could use a Wz-120 crew in a Type 59 or T-34-3 but u can not use a type 59 crew in a Wz-120 & u can not use a T-34-3 crew in a Wz-120

Edited by Yao_Wang, Jun 16 2018 - 09:43.

low_bidder #10 Posted Jun 06 2018 - 22:43

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 17740 battles
Thanks everyone.:)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users