• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

Nonamanadus #41 Posted Jun 09 2018 - 15:42

Major

• Players
  • 28575 battles
  • [HBG] HBG

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Jun 09 2018 - 07:31, said:

If not, does anyone know the answer to this..?

How many people {roughly} play on that LATAM server..? I've never been on it. Seriously.

Easy way is to log onto the Latin server check the number of active players then log onto thr NA server and compare them. Do this for a week or so during different times (like morning & evening) to smooth out the numbers. This way you will avoid the zombie players who infrequently log on or the idle accounts.

Iron_Soul_Stealer #42 Posted Jun 10 2018 - 02:17

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

View PostNonamanadus, on Jun 09 2018 - 09:42, said:

Easy way is to log onto the Latin server check the number of active players then log onto thr NA server and compare them. Do this for a week or so during different times (like morning & evening) to smooth out the numbers. This way you will avoid the zombie players who infrequently log on or the idle accounts.

I will have to try that.

I'm now curious of that LATAM server. And yes, I agree, I'll have to log on during various times/days to get a good cross sectional representation of the population numbers, and then start my comparisons. ~Cheers~

RushBayou #43 Posted Jun 10 2018 - 09:19

Private

• Players
  • 9471 battles

to allow me to customize my gaming experience as much as i can is a must to keeping this game alive. xvm complainers need to shut ur pen holes and become better tankers. as for new ... id like to see the ability to chose the map i play when i chose my tank. and it would be great if i could chose for it to be day or night , rain or snow or shine...

... but the most important is to allow me to have a fair mm. stop nurffing my stats...

docroberts #44 Posted Jun 12 2018 - 04:06

Captain

• Players
  • 18920 battles
  • [TONKX] TONKX
Going downhill , try gone , along time ago but its finally getting to the point that dead horse is laying down a lot more these days 

Iron_Soul_Stealer #45 Posted Jun 18 2018 - 02:25

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

View Postdocroberts, on Jun 11 2018 - 22:06, said:

Going downhill , try gone , along time ago but its finally getting to the point that dead horse is laying down a lot more these days 

I'm disappointed.

EmperorJuliusCaesar #46 Posted Jun 18 2018 - 16:50

Major

• Players
  • 29442 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Jun 06 2018 - 18:21, said:

View PostNonamanadus, on Jun 06 2018 - 21:12, said:

Its basically a good game but the real issue is Wargaming is having issues transitioning to a long term revenue based formula so they attempt to ad hoc the cash flow by introducing more and more premiums. The problem is you can only add so many cash driven tanks to the game before the market is saturated and then you get the side effect of balancing issues. Then add to the patchwork OP tanks in the tec tree that entice people to burn cash to fast research them, then you get more balancing issues.

In simple economic terms: instead of milking the cash cow, Wargaming is butchering and packaging it (look at those overpriced deals in the premium shop right now). And that is how this game is being mismanaged..........:sceptic:

I've been passing on those sales, too...:sceptic:

I don't see anything in the shop that interests me. And I'm certainly NOT interested in yet another tier 8. Not one bit. I don't even like tier 8. I wouldn't mind seeing the little A-32 tier 4 Soviet Medium being offered for sale. I would consider buying that. I'm pretty sure it's offered on the RU server. Other than that, I'd like to see a Historical Battle PvE mode. That would peak my interest, if done correctly.

"I'd like to see a Historical Battle PvE mode. That would peak my interest, if done correctly."

Coming by years end.  Source: WG Developer Q&A

Gunadie #47 Posted Jun 18 2018 - 16:59

Major

• Players
  • 40695 battles

View PostNudnick, on Jun 06 2018 - 12:10, said:

And the OLD, STALE, POORLY DESIGNED AND BADLY MODIFIED crappy maps.

Revised and corrected for clarity !

Gunadie #48 Posted Jun 18 2018 - 17:01

Major

• Players
  • 40695 battles

View PostRushBayou, on Jun 10 2018 - 00:19, said:

to allow me to customize my gaming experience as much as i can is a must to keeping this game alive. xvm complainers need to shut ur pen holes and become better tankers. as for new ... id like to see the ability to chose the map i play when i chose my tank. and it would be great if i could chose for it to be day or night , rain or snow or shine...

... but the most important is to allow me to have a fair mm. stop nurffing my stats...

Ya and I would like to choose the teammates as well.....LOL

Gunadie #49 Posted Jun 18 2018 - 17:11

Major

• Players
  • 40695 battles

View PostNunya_000, on Jun 07 2018 - 12:57, said:

So how would you "manage" it????

There are only so many ways WG earns money off of WOT

1. Gold Sales - Currently, a little gold can be made to last a long time.  Any ways to increase gold will likely just be seen as a "money grab".

2. Premium time - It appears Wg is looking at a "Ultra" premium time, but again, this will likely be seen as a "money grab" and/or P2W

3. Premium tanks - I do agree with you that there is only so much they can do with tanks.  They either need to make all the tanks fairly similar (which is boring) or make them drastically different....in which case, there will be some tanks that seem OP and some that are crap.

Pricing is based on marketing targets and "supply and demand".  If they are meeting their marketing targets at the price set, then they really are not overpriced.  If the price is too high where they do not meet their target, then they would be overpriced.

Introduce more maps so that players become more enthusiastic with the game again.

This games maps are stale and that's whats dampening a great number of players enthusiasm for the game.

All the new tanks in the world wont make a boring old stale used up map any more exciting.

No excitement, no reason to spend cash

I would gladly continue to support the game if they would understand this fatal flaw of theirs 

and start producing new battlefields instead of gimmicky spin off games like soccer and spend what I assume is huge dollars to bring a high profile player 

as a tanker...

( I don't watch soccer and don't care about some "BAFFOON" War Gaming)

Nunya_000 #50 Posted Jun 18 2018 - 17:19

Major

• Players
  • 21033 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View PostGunadie, on Jun 18 2018 - 08:11, said:

Introduce more maps so that players become more enthusiastic with the game again.

This games maps are stale and that's whats dampening a great number of players enthusiasm for the game.

All the new tanks in the world wont make a boring old stale used up map any more exciting.

I would gladly continue to support the game if they would understand this fatal flaw of theirs 

and start producing new battlefields instead of gimmicky spin off games like soccer and spend what I assume is huge dollars to bring a high profile player 

as a tanker...

I can agree with this 100%.

This game (as with most games) is redundant.  Redundancy will eventually cause players to tire of the game and stop playing.  A variety of maps is the only real aspect of the game that fights redundancy.  New tanks do not do that as well, as they are are just basically minor variations of the same thing. 

The different game modes can fight redundancy and can provide a change to the normal "grind", but they are just a short term fix.  Personal Missions can also fight of the staleness, as the player is given something sort of "goal' to accomplish, but the player must feel like they are advancing towards that "goal"....and again, it is only a short term fix. 

Cognitive_Dissonance #51 Posted Jun 18 2018 - 17:41

Major

• Players
  • 39129 battles
  • [ANASS] ANASS

View PostDockmaster, on Jun 06 2018 - 14:18, said:

What you need to do with War Gaming is cleverly approach the issue quoting it's impact on the bottom line.

Bottom line (revenue) issues are of the upmost importance the WG.

Personally I think they are milking a sick cow for all they can get before the cow goes tits up.

Cows don't have tits, they have teats, did you mean teats up? :trollface:

Cognitive_Dissonance #52 Posted Jun 18 2018 - 17:45

Major

• Players
  • 39129 battles
  • [ANASS] ANASS

View PostNonamanadus, on Jun 09 2018 - 08:42, said:

Just log into NA, if no one is on LATAM all you see is NA and the value, if folks are on LATAM it shows a new "Total". The difference between the two values is how many are on LATAM. I have never see it go over 2.5K players during a peak time. It typically only has about 20 players on it during off hours.

Dockmaster #53 Posted Jun 18 2018 - 17:52

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 42580 battles
  • [ACES] ACES

View PostCognitive_Dissonance, on Jun 18 2018 - 09:41, said:

Cows don't have tits, they have teats, did you mean teats up? :trollface:

I'm quoting my Dad and it is definitely "Tits up".

+1 for the giggle...I needed that this morning.

Cognitive_Dissonance #54 Posted Jun 18 2018 - 22:13

Major

• Players
  • 39129 battles
  • [ANASS] ANASS

View PostDockmaster, on Jun 18 2018 - 10:52, said:

I'm quoting my Dad and it is definitely "Tits up".

+1 for the giggle...I needed that this morning.

I have my moments, you're welcome.

Springfield_Fats #55 Posted Jun 19 2018 - 02:27

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 10301 battles

View PostDockmaster, on Jun 06 2018 - 21:18, said:

What you need to do with War Gaming is cleverly approach the issue quoting it's impact on the bottom line.

Bottom line (revenue) issues are of the upmost importance the WG.

Personally I think they are milking a sick cow for all they can get before the cow goes tits up.

This is pretty much exactly what I'm imagining is happening. Tanks is a dying animal and they're trying to get as much disease free meat off it before the flies show up.

I dont know why this is. I have played for years and used to be enjoyable. Now it seems every decision is calculated to piss off more and more people.

Iron_Soul_Stealer #56 Posted Jun 19 2018 - 04:17

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

View PostEmperorJuliusCaesar, on Jun 18 2018 - 10:50, said:

"I'd like to see a Historical Battle PvE mode. That would peak my interest, if done correctly."

Coming by years end.  Source: WG Developer Q&A

No offense, but like everything else in life....

*I'll believe it when I see it.

AZandEL #57 Posted Jun 23 2018 - 04:04

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 27029 battles

View PostGunadie, on Jun 18 2018 - 16:11, said:

as a tanker...

What about Swedish heavy metal bands

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users