Premium tanks/preferential matchmaking (yes, another thread :P )

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

ImproVisational #1 Posted Jun 07 2018 - 06:57

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 47242 battles
  • [FLUKE] FLUKE

I've got a few premium tanks with pref.  

I don't really care if WG  changes things the way they plan too.   WG, IS, bad at customer service.

But I have an alternative idea.

<insert drumroll here>

Keep things EXACTLY as they are now, except for this change....

<insert second drumroll here>

Just make....

<c'mon, is a third drumroll REALLY too much to ask for??>

...just make preferential tanks wait longer for matchmaking.

Give the people what they paid for (top tier when fighting), but, 
if they have to wait 5-10 minutes for a game, that's the price they pay.

(****and don't get me wrong, I think WG  happens to be really bad at listening to 
it's customers.  Customer service in general.   But if people are all up in arms about
not getting what they paid for, then just make them wait longer, to get into matches
where they are top tier. ****)

(*****and for the love of god WG, if you're listening, nerf the OP, pay-to-win, Skorp G --

or just move it to T9 where it belongs!!! ****)   :P

Edited by ImproVisational, Jun 07 2018 - 07:48.

Anlushac11 #2 Posted Jun 07 2018 - 07:12

Major

• Players
  • 35931 battles
I cant wait for my Jagdtiger 8.8 to plink rounds off Soviet heavies like ping pong balls.

TommyBuns #3 Posted Jun 07 2018 - 12:17

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 10189 battles

View PostImproVisational, on Jun 07 2018 - 00:57, said:

I've got a few premium tanks with pref.  

I don't really care if WG  changes things the way they plan too.   WG, IS, bad at customer service.

But I have an alternative idea.

<insert drumroll here>

Keep things EXACTLY as they are now, except for this change....

<insert second drumroll here>

Just make....

<c'mon, is a third drumroll REALLY too much to ask for??>

...just make preferential tanks wait longer for matchmaking.

Give the people what they paid for (top tier when fighting), but, 
if they have to wait 5-10 minutes for a game, that's the price they pay.

(****and don't get me wrong, I think WG  happens to be really bad at listening to 
it's customers.  Customer service in general.   But if people are all up in arms about
not getting what they paid for, then just make them wait longer, to get into matches
where they are top tier. ****)

(*****and for the love of god WG, if you're listening, nerf the OP, pay-to-win, Skorp G --

or just move it to T9 where it belongs!!! ****)   :P

Lucky you weren't around in the 70's, or you'd have likely wound up a fatality at Jonestown, Guyana

_Tsavo_ #4 Posted Jun 07 2018 - 12:26

Major

• Players
  • 41386 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

5-10 minute queues?  Yeah, no thanks.

Pref MM isn't a fault, 3/5/7 is.  WarGaming is targeting a symptom of 3/5/7 and not the cause (3/5/7) there are better template options than making half the team bottom (and thus half or more of your games)

lordpelvis #5 Posted Jun 07 2018 - 12:43

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 39563 battles
  • [SMAX] SMAX
Ill take the changes( IF )it fixes MM.

Nonamanadus #6 Posted Jun 07 2018 - 12:50

Major

• Players
  • 28550 battles
  • [HBG] HBG

Do Not Buy into Wargaming's Lies.....

Pref tanks are not the cause of MM's problems, that is an excuse to do away with them, they have supplied NO EVIDENCE to support their cause.

Wargaming's attitude towards their customer's is their biggest flaw and its so bad they do not understand how much it is effecting their long term profitability (at this moment they have really ticked off a sizable portion of that 25% group who pay into this game and that will be a big hit). 

Ich_bin_Hass #7 Posted Jun 07 2018 - 20:59

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 75518 battles
  • [ALL] ALL

View Post_Tsavo_, on Jun 07 2018 - 05:26, said:

5-10 minute queues?  Yeah, no thanks.

Pref MM isn't a fault, 3/5/7 is.  WarGaming is targeting a symptom of 3/5/7 and not the cause (3/5/7) there are better template options than making half the team bottom (and thus half or more of your games)

OMG we agree on something.

Ich_bin_Hass #8 Posted Jun 07 2018 - 21:01

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 75518 battles
  • [ALL] ALL

View Postlordpelvis, on Jun 07 2018 - 05:43, said:

Ill take the changes( IF )it fixes MM.

Believe me it wont fix anything with the MM. Every time WG's screws with something in this game. They've SCREWED it up. I've seen it from the beginning. One fix that screws it up worse after another.

Edited by Ich_bin_Hass, Jun 07 2018 - 21:01.

_Tsavo_ #9 Posted Jun 07 2018 - 21:28

Major

• Players
  • 41386 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostIch_bin_Hass, on Jun 07 2018 - 14:59, said:

OMG we agree on something.

Well, most of the time you're accusing me of cheating, hacking, or something else equally ludicrous 

Prosqtor #10 Posted Jun 07 2018 - 22:10

Captain

• Players
  • 58926 battles
  • [ONION] ONION

I have no problem with preferential MM being removed, as long as we get a complete refund (as they did when they removed the original SuperP).  If they dropped them all down a tier, that would be fine, not that the lower tier tanks would be happy.  In cases such as the JT 8.8 and E25, if they are left at their present tier they are going to need a lot more pen.  

If all of the preferential MM tanks were buffed and/or dropped a tier I think the decisions whether to take the new tank or the refund would make for a lot of fun.

As to MM, I think WG should have learned one thing from Frontlines- single tier MM can be a lot of fun.  It was great to feel like your tank was not grossly underpowered.

justuss #11 Posted Jun 10 2018 - 21:11

Corporal

• Players
  • 1310 battles
ok, ok, we all know WG is a business. Their ONLY duty is to make profits for its owners/shareholders. They can do this any way they choose. They can also make any changes they wish to the EULA, and separate one region from another by having a different EULA for each and everyone. As I've seen the latest, i believe, utterance of their legal opinion, which is NO ONE except WG OWNS all tanks, all pixel tanks in their game, except them. What one gets when one purchases a Premium pixel tank is a license to be able to use that pixel tank, NOT the pixel tank itself. Some of those Premium pixels come with an agreement, upon purchase for REAL world money, with a certain attribute. That attribute happens to be Preferred Match Making. NEVER to see more than ONE (1) tier higher than its own tier. Tier 8 is NEVER to see a tier 10, tier 7 never SUPPOSED to see a tier 9 etc. That IS what WAS advertised. That IS why one may purchase that pixel tank. That IS one of the attributes many pay real money for. IF WG decides to do away with that attribute and any tank that enjoyed that attribute for a price should then be allowed  a REAL money refund as that attribute will no longer exist as per the advertised purchase agreement. Null and void. WG, take your pixels back, and give those that payed REAL MONEY for that attribute back. No in game currency as those tanks were NOT purchased with in game currency, for the most part. The records of your revenue, WG, is most likely public record. As such, it's easy to determine WHO payed real money for those purchases, and it will be just as easy to see who should be refunded REAL MONEY. YOU, WG, broke that purchase agreement, NOT those that payed money. You made the purchase agreement Null and Void and should refund every dime you received from your false advertisement.

Edited by justuss, Jun 10 2018 - 21:13.

justuss #12 Posted Jun 10 2018 - 21:19

Corporal

• Players
  • 1310 battles
@Prosqtor, what refund for the SuperP are you referring to? I have two friends, BOTH with the SuperP and neither have gotten any refund. I would appreciate anything info you might have as to this refund, I'm sure they would love to know how they can get their hard earned money back as well.

lordpelvis #13 Posted Jun 17 2018 - 13:10

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 39563 battles
  • [SMAX] SMAX
The refund was years ago.

Springfield_Fats #14 Posted Jun 19 2018 - 02:33

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 10301 battles

"Preferential matchmaking is the problem with this game"

**imemdiately uses preferential matchmaking tanks as rentals so everyone can have them**

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users