EUAL WG SCAM EULA WG SCAM

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Destin65 #1 Posted Jun 07 2018 - 08:39

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10535 battles
  • [1CAN] 1CAN
So I was reading the new EULA to see if anything has changed for the better and noticed that the EULA conflicts with what the actual game account settings show.

For example, in World of Tanks there is no option to make my account private and unable to be seen by anyone. So all of my information on my account is still publicly visible. In a related issue, using the option to block all third-party sites from accessing my account still does not block XVM from accessing my account information which is a violation of international law these days. If Facebook, Google, Cambridge Analytica and Internet Research Agency cannot access all my other accounts, then neither should XVM. So where is the option to make my account private and only visible to myself and need-to-know WG staff?

Also, your attempt at one EULA for all the games is actually illegal in the United States. For example, the EULA says it applies all the privacy settings equally across all games, implying that my WoT account should have an option to make my account private. But it does not. However, World of Warships does have just such an option. If I were a lawyer, or even a member of Interpol, you folks would be in serious trouble right now.

Also, the EULA section barring class-action lawsuits has been illegal in the United States for a decade now when World of Warcraft was forced into the court of law. Keep in mind, Valve/Steam tried this 6 years ago and lost also. Just thought you Cypriots should be made aware of US law because you obviously are not.

Lethalhavoc #2 Posted Jun 07 2018 - 10:17

Major

• Players
  • 38720 battles

Class action lawsuits....

The provision in the EULA is to deter those who might consider wasting WG time in court.

If there was a strong case, i can assure you that it would be lawyers seeking players to participate in it (aka join it) and not the players seeking lawyers.

Haven't you ever seen a class action in progress?

Winterpeger #3 Posted Jun 07 2018 - 13:16

Major

• Players
  • 51233 battles
  • [DD-S] DD-S

So OP, please show us in the EULA and the Privacy Policy that state your stats are personal information.  Just because you don't like XVM, does not mean your stats are personal information. 

Show us where your stats can tell us what your email address is, your phone number, your account ID (not player name), credit card number, phone number

View PostDestin65, on Jun 07 2018 - 01:39, said:

Also, the EULA section barring class-action lawsuits has been illegal in the United States for a decade now when World of Warcraft was forced into the court of law. Keep in mind, Valve/Steam tried this 6 years ago and lost also. Just thought you Cypriots should be made aware of US law because you obviously are not.

For something that is illegal in the US, yet software companies are continuing to include their no class action lawsuits in their EULA's..  Microsoft, pretty sure their lawyers would not have them put that clause in there if it was illegal.

Destin65 #4 Posted Jun 08 2018 - 03:34

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10535 battles
  • [1CAN] 1CAN

View PostWinterpeger, on Jun 07 2018 - 12:16, said:

So OP, please show us in the EULA and the Privacy Policy that state your stats are personal information.  Just because you don't like XVM, does not mean your stats are personal information. 

Show us where your stats can tell us what your email address is, your phone number, your account ID (not player name), credit card number, phone number

For something that is illegal in the US, yet software companies are continuing to include their no class action lawsuits in their EULA's..  Microsoft, pretty sure their lawyers would not have them put that clause in there if it was illegal.

I would prefer that nobody even know that I play the game.

I would also prefer to not be discriminated against by other players.

If you want to be a Nazi, go talk to Trump or Putin, they are hiring.

GeorgePreddy #5 Posted Jun 08 2018 - 04:57

Major

• Players
  • 14345 battles

View PostDestin65, on Jun 07 2018 - 23:34, said:

I would prefer that nobody even know that I play the game.   Unless you tell them or use your real name as your username, how would anyone know that you play the game ?

I would also prefer to not be discriminated against by other players.   Good luck with that, XVM or not.

If you want to be a Nazi, go talk to Trump or Putin, they are hiring.   Be careful, dissing political figures can get you a forum ban.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users