Dear WG Re: campaign

global map campaign CW events Clan Wars

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Poll: The price issue (156 members have cast votes)

Should WG charge 4k bonds to buy the tank after you have earned it?

1. No (33 votes [21.15%])

Percentage of vote: 21.15%

2. F*ck No (74 votes [47.44%])

Percentage of vote: 47.44%

3. Yes (30 votes [19.23%])

Percentage of vote: 19.23%

4. Yes, but for a much lower price (19 votes [12.18%])

Percentage of vote: 12.18%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

bondushtika #1 Posted Jun 07 2018 - 21:25

Corporal

• Players
  • 31706 battles
  • [BOND] BOND
I love how wargaming does not understand the meaning of the word "reward" because they should not be calling these campaign tanks reward tanks anymore since you have to spend 4k bonds just to get the damn thing, you earn the right to buy it, and that is ridiculous, as if the two weeks of constant battles for at least 6 hrs a night was not enough to earn the tank. Only the right to buy the damn thing. So here ya go WG, a definition of the word "reward" for you straight from the Websters dictionary: re·ward: 
noun

1. 1.
    a thing given in recognition of one's service, effort, or achievement.

or: 

verb

make a gift of something to (someone) in recognition of their services, efforts, or achievements.

So there ya go WG, I know English is not your first language so I thought I could help you clear this up. I earned the right to buy the tank this last season along with my main team, but for all the work we put in WG still charges us a digital currency that offers them no real monetary value so what the hell is the point? get rid of the price tag WG. 

Sincerely, 

Alot of pissed off tankers

bondushtika #2 Posted Jun 07 2018 - 21:40

Corporal

• Players
  • 31706 battles
  • [BOND] BOND
Also, side note... With the amount of time we spend in CW during the campaign when the hell would we have time to grind bonds? overlapping the campaign with frontlines was a bad idea, and if anything the campaign should have ended first to give players more time to frontline to grind for those bonds. We have jobs and lives outside of wot, there needs to be another bond: grand hunt again or something. Because it will be difficult for those who still have to grind bonds now because they earned the right to buy a tank but don't have enough bonds. This is difficult when most if not all players who did "earn" a tank in the campaign are burnt out from the 6+ hrs a night for 2 weeks straight. 

Kamahl1234 #3 Posted Jun 07 2018 - 21:45

Major

• Players
  • 18393 battles

These tanks are "rewards" much like a certification is a "reward". It's like an achievement that you can recognize as meaning something, but you still have to pay for it. In this case it'd be like going for the certification, but also getting paid to do it at the end, so you basically win a free or heavily discounted certificate cost. 

Not all rewards are free. Unlocks for example are rewards for attaining X requirement, but what you unlock doesn't always come free. These tanks are rewards for reaching a certain level of competitive CW play. 

bondushtika #4 Posted Jun 07 2018 - 21:51

Corporal

• Players
  • 31706 battles
  • [BOND] BOND

View PostKamahl1234, on Jun 07 2018 - 15:45, said:

These tanks are "rewards" much like a certification is a "reward". It's like an achievement that you can recognize as meaning something, but you still have to pay for it. In this case it'd be like going for the certification, but also getting paid to do it at the end, so you basically win a free or heavily discounted certificate cost. 

Not all rewards are free. Unlocks for example are rewards for attaining X requirement, but what you unlock doesn't always come free. These tanks are rewards for reaching a certain level of competitive CW play. 

exactly, so having the tank would acknowledge that, having to pay for it is unnecessary and a mute point. Earning the tank by being in the 2600 or whatever they set the bar at for that campaign should be enough, stop charging us for sh*t at every turn WG, this is part of the reason why the game is dying on the NA server. Its not like they listen to us

Termitey #5 Posted Jun 07 2018 - 22:03

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 90745 battles
  • [GOD_Z] GOD_Z
playing for 2 weeks is enough  puinishment and still paying 4 k bonds which is alot for most players is a ripoff 

_Tsavo_ #6 Posted Jun 07 2018 - 22:14

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 42696 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

M60, acquired 3rd campaign, bond price: 0

T23E3, acquired Operation Safari, bond price: 0

T95E6, acquired in campaign (I forget which), bond price: 0

One shouldn't be required to further grind after their already arduous grind.

121B, acquired Arms Race campaign, bond cost: 4,000 (aka utter bull)

We didn't need the spacebucks to begin with, and tying bonus equipment and rewards to this crappy 3rd currency was absolutely asinine

bondushtika #7 Posted Jun 07 2018 - 22:29

Corporal

• Players
  • 31706 battles
  • [BOND] BOND

View Post_Tsavo_, on Jun 07 2018 - 16:14, said:

We didn't need the spacebucks to begin with, and tying bonus equipment and rewards to this crappy 3rd currency was absolutely asinine

exactly, they onl started charging bonds the past 2 campaigns, the 5 before hand were 0

MOMOLAND_Nancy #8 Posted Jun 07 2018 - 22:29

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 4462 battles

View Post_Tsavo_, on Jun 07 2018 - 22:14, said:

Stop padding low tiers?

dominator_98 #9 Posted Jun 07 2018 - 22:31

Major

• -Players-
  • 20490 battles
  • [DEVON] DEVON
One of our XO’s ground over 3k in pubs to get his first reward tank. Yeah it’s crap, but you knew that you’d need bonds going into the campaign. They have a lot more planned for these bonds, so I’d start saving some up if I were you.

_Tsavo_ #10 Posted Jun 07 2018 - 22:38

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 42696 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostR4GING_4LL4H_HU_AKB4R, on Jun 07 2018 - 16:29, said:

Stop padding low tiers?

I'll play what I want when I want, thank you.

Not sure what that has to do with discussion about bonds, rewards, and paying for those rewards anyway.

Redwave11 #11 Posted Jun 07 2018 - 23:17

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 17905 battles
  • [WONKA] WONKA

I can certainly see your point OP and it doesnt really make sense to have to pay for them.

However, they are hardly reward tanks considering the quantity that they are given out. This campaign they are giving out 2600(+225 on auction) and there was only 5700 people who participated in the event, that is almost 50% of people getting a tank. So it is basically a reward for being above average. Consider other campaigns:

• Operation Gambit - 3000tanks with 4500 participants and bond purchase (60% rewarded)
  • Fifth Campaign - 3000tanks with 8000 participants (38% rewarded)
  • Fourth Campaign - 3000 tanks with ____ participants*
  • Third Campaign - 3000 tanks with ____ participants*
  • Second Campaign - 3000 tanks with 30000 participants (10% rewarded)
  • First Campaign - 4000 to 5000 tanks with ____ participants*

*Couldn't find the participation numbers for these.

You can see that the proportion of players that get the tanks has changed significantly from ~10% to almost 50%. However the top ~10% of players will earn enough bonds from the event to be able to buy the tank with bonds purely from the event so it is essentially free like the earlier campaigns for these players. For the other players, they are getting an opportunity to get the tank with the condition they have to pay some extra bonds earned through other game modes.

You could make the argument that it is either; earn the reward tank for free for 10-20% of players OR earn the reward tank for free for 10% of players and at a cost for another 30% of players. I can easily see which is more generous.

Edited by Redwave11, Jun 07 2018 - 23:25.

WhineMaker #12 Posted Jun 07 2018 - 23:21

Major

• Players
  • 34748 battles

:child:

Several someone's needs a big hug... 

Cig753 #13 Posted Jun 08 2018 - 00:32

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 30364 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

^ basically WG's response to the majority of the outrage at this game

lorddeprive #14 Posted Jun 08 2018 - 01:41

Corporal

• Players
  • 34140 battles
  • [JGRN] JGRN
I agree. why use bonds now. How about increase the tanks number to half the population? Since you added an extra hurdle for a tank , how about even out the playing field by giving out more tanks. Its ridiculous how u kept your number of tanks given out, and add extra tedious task to grind it. How about more events for extra bond earning to help us out since you implemented it. You maintain rewards for extra work, dun cut it. shame on you. burn your extra fuel for your noggins. 

Wildblade #15 Posted Jun 08 2018 - 02:02

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 43710 battles
  • [F0CUS] F0CUS

View Postlorddeprive, on Jun 07 2018 - 19:41, said:

I agree. why use bonds now. How about increase the tanks number to half the population? Since you added an extra hurdle for a tank , how about even out the playing field by giving out more tanks. Its ridiculous how u kept your number of tanks given out, and add extra tedious task to grind it. How about more events for extra bond earning to help us out since you implemented it. You maintain rewards for extra work, dun cut it. shame on you. burn your extra fuel for your noggins. 

They did.  2600 tanks for ~5k players

bondushtika #16 Posted Jun 08 2018 - 03:57

Corporal

• Players
  • 31706 battles
  • [BOND] BOND
But to address this, this kind of thing charging bonds for tanks after earning the right to buy it is whats killing the participation in campaigns, people don't want to have to grind bonds for a month after being in CW for 6+ hrs a night for over 2 weeks...its ridiculous, this is why a lot of BOND members who have done campaigns in the past did not want to be on the main team for it. 

View PostRedwave11, on Jun 07 2018 - 17:17, said:

I can certainly see your point OP and it doesnt really make sense to have to pay for them.

However, they are hardly reward tanks considering the quantity that they are given out. This campaign they are giving out 2600(+225 on auction) and there was only 5700 people who participated in the event, that is almost 50% of people getting a tank. So it is basically a reward for being above average. Consider other campaigns:

• Operation Gambit - 3000tanks with 4500 participants and bond purchase (60% rewarded)
  • Fifth Campaign - 3000tanks with 8000 participants (38% rewarded)
  • Fourth Campaign - 3000 tanks with ____ participants*
  • Third Campaign - 3000 tanks with ____ participants*
  • Second Campaign - 3000 tanks with 30000 participants (10% rewarded)
  • First Campaign - 4000 to 5000 tanks with ____ participants*

*Couldn't find the participation numbers for these.

You can see that the proportion of players that get the tanks has changed significantly from ~10% to almost 50%. However the top ~10% of players will earn enough bonds from the event to be able to buy the tank with bonds purely from the event so it is essentially free like the earlier campaigns for these players. For the other players, they are getting an opportunity to get the tank with the condition they have to pay some extra bonds earned through other game modes.

You could make the argument that it is either; earn the reward tank for free for 10-20% of players OR earn the reward tank for free for 10% of players and at a cost for another 30% of players. I can easily see which is more generous.

Redwave11 #17 Posted Jun 08 2018 - 05:02

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 17905 battles
  • [WONKA] WONKA

View Postbondushtika, on Jun 08 2018 - 12:57, said:

But to address this, this kind of thing charging bonds for tanks after earning the right to buy it is whats killing the participation in campaigns, people don't want to have to grind bonds for a month after being in CW for 6+ hrs a night for over 2 weeks...its ridiculous, this is why a lot of BOND members who have done campaigns in the past did not want to be on the main team for it. 

but would you rather only 1000 tanks be given out and not have to pay for it?

Of course I would rather not have to pay for the tank and it would be great to see 20k+ people in the campaign but NA just doesn't have the numbers to do that anymore, or the interest from the bulk of players who just give up if they can't compete with big clans.

It would be nice if WG were able to push competitive play a bit harder but I'm not really sure how.

Also hopefully WG release a way to get bonds in the next couple weeks, like ranked battles, that football thing coming up or the bond missions they had a while back.

Edited by Redwave11, Jun 08 2018 - 05:05.

bondushtika #18 Posted Jun 08 2018 - 05:06

Corporal

• Players
  • 31706 battles
  • [BOND] BOND

View PostRedwave11, on Jun 07 2018 - 23:02, said:

but would you rather only 1000 tanks be given out and not have to pay for it?

Of course I would rather not have to pay for the tank and it would be great to see 20k+ people in the campaign but NA just doesn't have the numbers to do that anymore, or the interest from the bulk of players who just give up if they can't compete with big clans.

It would be nice if WG were able to push competitive play a bit harder but I'm not really sure how.

Also hopefully WG release a way to get bonds in the next couple weeks, like ranked battles, that football thing coming up or the bond missions they had a while back.

wishful thinking lol, a way to get CW event participation up would not have a huge bond price tag on the "reward" tank at the end

HI_FIVE #19 Posted Jun 08 2018 - 07:15

Major

• Players
  • 44018 battles
  • [V--S] V--S

unbelievable the amount of players that complain about everything and anything in this game. Its like "I didnt get what i wanted for christmas" and throw a fit to your parents.Unreal.The rules were set before the campaign started.Deal with it.Also if you were in the last campaign most players just knew the same rules as far as bonds would carry over.WG did do us a favor and put FL mode in before the campaign knowing that players would need bonds unlike the last campaign.

Front line bonds if completed=1300 bonds(min)

Gatortribe #20 Posted Jun 08 2018 - 08:09

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 16062 battles
  • [BULBA] BULBA

I like your definition of reward, but you miss a VERY key part of rewards: earning them. You didn't earn them. Simple as that.

I suppose it would be better if WG didn't make you think you got a tank when you can't afford it. Limit it to the top 1000 players next time (very generous) and let the next 1300 have it if they have the bonds, otherwise not at all. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users