• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

WangOnTheLoose #21 Posted Jun 08 2018 - 19:54

Major

• -Players-
  • 26520 battles
  • [TG] TG

View PostMissCreant, on Jun 07 2018 - 20:14, said:

I mean, I can respect grinding but this is just silly!  136 missions and I am 88% of the way to 100%.  Since it seems to require more and more per % what is that...1 third of the way to 100% crew?!

136 missions and not even close.  This is insane!

This is a really good crew skill calculator.  You can find out exactly how much you need to get to any level skill.

http://www.planetwot.com/Crewxp/

Basically you need 210,064 exp to get to 100% on your first skill and you need 90,086 to get from 88% to 100% on your first skill so basically you are half way there.

Edited by WangOnTheLoose, Jun 08 2018 - 19:54.

OldFrog75 #22 Posted Jun 08 2018 - 20:20

Major

• -Players-
  • 10540 battles
  • [5M0K3] 5M0K3

View PostWangOnTheLoose, on Jun 08 2018 - 10:54, said:

This is a really good crew skill calculator.  You can find out exactly how much you need to get to any level skill.

http://www.planetwot.com/Crewxp/

Basically you need 210,064 exp to get to 100% on your first skill and you need 90,086 to get from 88% to 100% on your first skill so basically you are half way there.

Yeah....I already told her that a few posts higher up.

WangOnTheLoose #23 Posted Jun 08 2018 - 20:31

Major

• -Players-
  • 26520 battles
  • [TG] TG

View PostOldFrog75, on Jun 08 2018 - 14:20, said:

Yeah....I already told her that a few posts higher up.

Cool cause I think I gave you that link some time ago now :)

OldFrog75 #24 Posted Jun 08 2018 - 20:37

Major

• -Players-
  • 10540 battles
  • [5M0K3] 5M0K3

View PostWangOnTheLoose, on Jun 08 2018 - 11:31, said:

Cool cause I think I gave you that link some time ago now :)

I don't remember but these days I pretty much have to accept whatever anybody tells me given the steady degradation of my mental faculties.  :unsure:

Edited by OldFrog75, Jun 08 2018 - 20:40.

dunniteowl #25 Posted Jun 08 2018 - 22:45

Major

• -Players-
  • 23886 battles

View PostMissCreant, on Jun 07 2018 - 19:40, said:

It's my tier 3 crew that I got from training.  It has 100% base and so has no penalty AND the commander starts with sixth sense.  the 88% is for the non commander.  The commander is, I think, at 66% for his second.  My thought is that it would be good to get the crew trained a little bit before transferring them into, most likely, the T-34.  I also love LOVE LOVE the T-46!  So not in a big hurry to leave it.

My Matilda crew, which I moved from the tier 1 started at 90% base, I have had like 40+ missions and they only at around 97%.  This is BEFORE they can work on their skills!

Just nuts.  The grind for the tanks isn't that bad but the crews!

Wait until you are in tier V and VI and are working on that third skill.  And you can't accelerate Crew Training until you Research XP to Heaven in some cases. (Confessions of a FTTP)  The grind is real.  You have to learn to just love playing and doing your best, then being pleasantly surprised when a notice pops up with a + sign saying, Commander Buttmunch Can Train a new Skill!

Nice.  And keep on playing, feeling just a touch smoother about the experience.

I no longer worry about the grind.  I only worry that I don't accidentally leave my Tank XP accruing Free XP once fully researched.  That hurts my crews.

I treat the grind the same way I treat Personal Campaign Missions -- if the right combination of things occur and the stars align, it will just happen, you'll get a notice and be surprised, pleasantly so, and then you can go on with your grinding, knowing, this time, you made some progress you can note.

Mostly though, I am just doing my best to

Survive

Do Damage

Help My Team

Win

Anything else, as Private Cage says in, "The Edge of Tomorrow" with regard to not wearing his helmet:

I never wear it.  It's a distraction. 

GL, HF & HSYBF

Rocker_Box #26 Posted Jun 09 2018 - 00:32

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 6153 battles

It can be a grind alright MissCreant, but boy, Oh boy, does a good crew make a difference!  

I'm a pretty poor player my skills, and reflexes are just horrid. With something like my M2 down at tier 3 with binocs, and a crew skilled to boost view range & camo the xp for spotting assist  just flows until I insist on doing something so stupid that it gets my tank killed. Which happens rather more often then I care to recall,  if I can stay alive on big maps the signal boosting of it's second radio operator can come into play. Make no mistake "I still stink!". However if I can do something right now, and then,  and keep that tank and crew alive it can be a game changer!  First shot advantage to the guys on my team... they might not hit anything, but they might get the first shot!

I'm lucky that I was able to do the Christmas grind, to get the female's with BIA as a free first skill. After seeing what a difference they make in a tank crew. Started the Stug mission, just for the girls.

Tanks come and go, nerfed and such, but your crews are forever!  

When I'm having a really bad day, and couldn't hit the inside of a barn from the inside, I jump into my M2 and help the rest of my team at least get a shot or two at a target before we get run over!

You put together a good crew, in a decent tank you might just get a few good games on days were you wonder why you left the garage!

Edited by Rocker_Box, Jun 10 2018 - 14:40.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users