Stop the Seal Clubbing (Get more people to play)

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

Tom71 #1 Posted Jun 09 2018 - 13:07

Corporal

• Players
  • 18096 battles

I can remember when the servers had 10k to 20k and more people playing in them each. This was before tankers got to tier X and then someone said lets pack out a tier2 or 3 tank and kill noobs. Well who wants to play a game where I have a tank that is the same as the next guy but his crew has 5 plus skills and is packed out using APRC witch I can't buy cause I am new. So some ideas on how to stop the seal clubbing, up to tier 3 all tanks no APRC and no equipment, at tier 3 people are still learning how to play don't need to worry about a player who has been here for 5 or more years having a bad day in the upper tiers taking it out on noobs.

Tier 4 and 5 is where most of us start making the coin to equipment on our tanks anyway. The other way would be to give people under 30 days the option to play against other 30 day people or join the ranks to play anyone. This would make it better for new people coming in and people would most likely stay and keep on playing.

Now before you fake unies start crying you going back to pat your stat with low tier tanks. I did say give the 30 day people the option to join the ranks so I would think that there will be people there for you to kill so you can sleep good at night.

P.S.

I don't reply to trolls so don't waste your time and if you think I am wrong please put some thought into your reply and tells us/me why I am wrong before this game goes cold.

razed98 #2 Posted Jun 09 2018 - 13:12

Corporal

• Players
  • 35766 battles
  • [NA-CL] NA-CL
i dont think the amount of people who have been playing for only 30 days is that high at any given time

Nudnick #3 Posted Jun 09 2018 - 13:14

Major

• -Players-
  • 24561 battles
I agree it's a real problem in retaining new players, but I've come to the conclusion that WG's devs are all sadistic, stat padding seal clubbers themselves, and don't give a crap about retaining new players and growing the player base.

MachinGun567 #4 Posted Jun 09 2018 - 13:22

Sergeant

• Players
  • 19146 battles
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS

Im a seal clubber cause I like to occasionally take a tier 3 or 2 out for fun every now and then.

Firemoth #5 Posted Jun 09 2018 - 13:23

Major

• Players
  • 37007 battles

View PostTom71, on Jun 09 2018 - 22:07, said:

I can remember when the servers had 10k to 20k and more people playing in them each. This was before tankers got to tier X and then someone said lets pack out a tier2 or 3 tank and kill noobs. Well who wants to play a game where I have a tank that is the same as the next guy but his crew has 5 plus skills and is packed out using APRC witch I can't buy cause I am new. So some ideas on how to stop the seal clubbing, up to tier 3 all tanks no APRC and no equipment, at tier 3 people are still learning how to play don't need to worry about a player who has been here for 5 or more years having a bad day in the upper tiers taking it out on noobs.

Tier 4 and 5 is where most of us start making the coin to equipment on our tanks anyway. The other way would be to give people under 30 days the option to play against other 30 day people or join the ranks to play anyone. This would make it better for new people coming in and people would most likely stay and keep on playing.

Now before you fake unies start crying you going back to pat your stat with low tier tanks. I did say give the 30 day people the option to join the ranks so I would think that there will be people there for you to kill so you can sleep good at night.

P.S.

I don't reply to trolls so don't waste your time and if you think I am wrong please put some thought into your reply and tells us/me why I am wrong before this game goes cold.

seal clubbing is not what stops people from getting into the game. its a 7 year old game with an already niche playerbase in NA. most people who have not tried WoT are not going to suddenly pick it up now after such a long time, especially compared to something like fortnite or OW, which are far more mainstream and newer/fresh.

even i only enjoy the game now because of the tanks themselves, rather than the gameplay.

Edited by Firemoth, Jun 09 2018 - 13:29.

GeorgePreddy #6 Posted Jun 09 2018 - 14:11

Major

• Players
  • 14345 battles
  • [L_LEG] L_LEG

View PostTom71, on Jun 09 2018 - 09:07, said:

APRC witch I can't buy cause I am new.

16k battles is hardly "new", not even close.

KeepYourselfSafe_xD #7 Posted Jun 09 2018 - 14:24

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 7193 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO
Eyy, you know there are 'fake' trash unis 
There's no reason to play anything other than tier 10 if you're a super uni, maybe 8s and 9s if you're grinding. Usually people will skip past 5-7 with clan gold obviously or just powergrind xp because we can. No reason whatsoever to play anything below tier 5 since its like 30k free xp. 

Christojojo #8 Posted Jun 09 2018 - 15:40

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 33021 battles
  • [CHEAP] CHEAP

View PostTom71, on Jun 09 2018 - 07:07, said:

P.S.

Yes I have brought friends into this game recently and THEY DO QUIT  IN FRUSTRATION. THe learning curve and disadvantages here are not condusive to gaining player base.

View Postrazed98, on Jun 09 2018 - 07:12, said:

i dont think the amount of people who have been playing for only 30 days is that high at any given time

That is the problem who wants to be pummeled followed by the typical uninstall and I did your relative comments

View PostMachinGun567, on Jun 09 2018 - 07:22, said:

Im a seal clubber cause I like to occasionally take a tier 3 or 2 out for fun every now and then.

Try it without any more advantages than 100% crew. I like tier 1-5 myself and try even 50% crew andI will tell you a 50% crew is far worse than a 4 skill.

View PostFiremoth, on Jun 09 2018 - 07:23, said:

seal clubbing is not what stops people from getting into the game. its a 7 year old game with an already niche playerbase in NA. most people who have not tried WoT are not going to suddenly pick it up now after such a long time, especially compared to something like fortnite or OW, which are far more mainstream and newer/fresh.

even i only enjoy the game now because of the tanks themselves, rather than the gameplay.

Seal clubbing does harm to this gaming community. The game is uneven and has hidden favor for experienced and talented players (improved equipment). The other games you mentioned are definitely the rage and are more popular because players want to check out  this generations version of COD and BF and  CS..

Tom71 #9 Posted Jun 09 2018 - 15:45

Corporal

• Players
  • 18096 battles

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Jun 09 2018 - 13:11, said:

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Jun 09 2018 - 13:11, said:

Stay in school or go back read/quote the whole sentence its a 3rd party quote go

troll some where els

Nudnick #10 Posted Jun 09 2018 - 16:18

Major

• -Players-
  • 24561 battles

View PostTom71, on Jun 09 2018 - 15:45, said:

Stay in school or go back read/quote the whole sentence its a 3rd party quote go

troll some where els

Eh, eh, I noticed that too. The green troll strikes again. Reading is hard for some people.

IX_Zann #11 Posted Jun 09 2018 - 16:20

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 40585 battles

I play a few Tiers 2-4 ever day. I play 1-2 battles in each one and then park them in the Garage until the next day. 

I don’t run premium ammo or consumables in Tier 5s and below. I do run up to 3-Skill crews and useful equipment. As yes, I do use the “Micro Maus” as a crew-trainer. One win and it goes back in the Garage until the next day. I’m only interested in getting the “daily double.”

That isn’t “seal-clubbing.” Get over it.

CapPhrases #12 Posted Jun 09 2018 - 16:22

Major

• -Players-
  • 7276 battles
  • [TXV] TXV

looking back I'm not even sure how I managed to stick around this long :amazed:

new player experience is just not enjoyable and the UI isn't very newbi friendly

LintinPocket #13 Posted Jun 09 2018 - 16:26

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 456 battles
  • [USAA] USAA
Think the misconception is there are virtually no "new" players in the game. Rerolls, second third accounts make up the bulk of low played game accounts. I play IV thru VII mainly because its IMO more fun an balanced on EU.

Tom71 #14 Posted Jun 09 2018 - 19:45

Corporal

• Players
  • 18096 battles

View PostDracheherr, on Jun 09 2018 - 15:20, said:

I play a few Tiers 2-4 ever day. I play 1-2 battles in each one and then park them in the Garage until the next day.

I don’t run premium ammo or consumables in Tier 5s and below. I do run up to 3-Skill crews and useful equipment. As yes, I do use the “Micro Maus” as a crew-trainer. One win and it goes back in the Garage until the next day. I’m only interested in getting the “daily double.”

That isn’t “seal-clubbing.” Get over it.

You too need to stay in school or go back learn to read the whole post before you open your mouth did not say anything about doing x2 so reread the post then edit your reply so you do not look like a moron or are you a troll?

Tom71 #15 Posted Jun 09 2018 - 19:54

Corporal

• Players
  • 18096 battles

View PostLintinPocket, on Jun 09 2018 - 15:26, said:

Think the misconception is there are virtually no "new" players in the game. Rerolls, second third accounts make up the bulk of low played game accounts. I play IV thru VII mainly because its IMO more fun an balanced on EU.

Think this went over your head, yes we do have new people trying the game and they leave because reread my 1st post try not to think to hard about it. Just look on youtube every other vid is about how to become an UNy all of they tell you to sell club even Quickybaby does it for his vids. My point is it needs to stop at the low tiers so the new 30 day people can learn the game. All other game start you at a beginners level why cant WoT. You don't go into a game level 1 and faceoff with a level 50 player, Why does a new player have to come into his/her first match up with a seal clubber who has a 5+ crew and his tank packed out with equipment flying ARPC down range?

KingofDragons #16 Posted Jun 09 2018 - 21:10

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 21121 battles

Its been talked about but WG doesn't give a ****.. This is why WG will never be the best it can be... There has always been a battle , in war games , to retain new players who face unrestricted advanced players..

You could have restrictions on Tier 1 to 3 so they 

1) always face same Tier opponents .. Even having to use Bots for fillers..

2) Do not allow equipment just consumables ..

3) No crew training.. Keeping crews balanced..

4) No crew switching..Keeping vehicles balanced..

At those Tiers you need to learn the game play and the maps.. Even if everyone is running a 50% crew the seasoned players will have an advantage..

You do not need equipment to learn the game.. Only to have an advantage which is not part of learning the game play or maps..

You do not need a 4+ or 5+ crew to learn the game.. This only give advantages which result in imbalance which we are trying to stay away from when trying to teach ..

Tier 1 to 3 are not used for missions therefore can stay stock and in leagues of their own..

We do want to give new players a chance to enjoy a few Tiers before they get pummeled ..

We do need a * safe space * for them to learn and grow..

Gunadie #17 Posted Jun 09 2018 - 21:43

Major

• Players
  • 41103 battles

If WG doesn't care about the quality of play at tier 8, 9 and 10, why do you think they would care about the quality of game play at tier 2 and 3?

If a newb player can buy and spoil my game play at tier 7,8,9 or 10 why shouldn't a long time player be able to enjoy themselves at tier 2 and 3 at the expense of new players?

n4cer67 #18 Posted Jun 09 2018 - 22:43

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 16966 battles
  • [NAAP] NAAP
Nothing wrong with seal clubbing, eskimos have to eat as well. If a more experience player wants to play lower tiers and level up low tier tanks that's up to them. If newbies can buy high tier tanks and fight battles with the vets then the vets can fight low level tiers against the newbies.

Christojojo #19 Posted Jun 09 2018 - 23:40

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 33021 battles
  • [CHEAP] CHEAP

View Postn4cer67, on Jun 09 2018 - 16:43, said:

Nothing wrong with seal clubbing, eskimos have to eat as well. If a more experience player wants to play lower tiers and level up low tier tanks that's up to them. If newbies can buy high tier tanks and fight battles with the vets then the vets can fight low level tiers against the newbies.

TOTAL Phalatical logic there.

Gunadie #20 Posted Jun 10 2018 - 06:12

Major

• Players
  • 41103 battles

View PostChristojojo, on Jun 09 2018 - 14:40, said:

TOTAL Phalatical logic there.

According to you!

I agree with the gist of this.

War Shaming allows the upper tier games to be ruined by inexperienced players in tier 8 tanks, so whats the difference?

Imo, WG has ruined the spirit and essence of what this game was for the sake of cash income

They could have kept this game extremely challenging and highly rewarding but choose to easy button it for the sake of capital gain and now this is the result.

We have experienced players choosing to play anywhere they want the same as we have inexperienced players playing where they choose.

I have discussed and stated how this was to the games determent numerous times and the most common retort was "everyone has the right to play where they want"!

You reap what you sow!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users