Stop the Seal Clubbing (Get more people to play)

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

Tom71 #41 Posted Jun 12 2018 - 09:18

Corporal

• Players
  • 18096 battles

View PostTrevorsT112, on Jun 11 2018 - 20:59, said:

I am relatively new to the game so I can't really say that I have done any seal clubbing yet, stats say it all,  but I'm not sure I see the problem in the same way as the OP. The biggest mistake I made at the start was to try and grind in a standard tank. My advice for anyone new is to get the low tier premium tanks (light, medium) to train your crews in as soon as you can. If you can spend a good amount of time playing, even a couple of months of premium time will more then pay for itself in credits. It really does not take much time to fully equip a couple of low tier premium tanks with 1 to 2-skill crews. From there, it really boils down to the skill of the player and how determined he/she is to improve their game. I just bought my first tier VIII premium light for a trial run in the big leagues, and well, apparently I have a while to go before I'm able to make the jump from seal to seal clubber. But I am having fun and see it as just part of the challenge that makes the game interesting for me.

If you read Trevors post here this is why we need the 30 day. Thank you for replying to this with all the crashing going on I hope we can get back to putting out ideas.

View PostTybeeMutt, on Jun 11 2018 - 13:12, said:

I honestly believe the way to retain the player base is expanding on game modes. Allowing people to progress in the game economy while not needing to rely on pub matches.

A shooting gallery mode that can allow you to build your gun handling skills.

Racing Mode to allow people interested in not just racing others but racing time trials. Bronze if you get a certain time on a circuit, silver, and Gold adjusted as well. Getting anything below that won't guarantee you make coin.

A sneak to the cap mode. You're in a light tank and must manage to make it past the WoT bot tanks without being spotted. Success gets a nice pay out, failure means starting over. Call it a Pac-Man styled approach to the game.

Some modes aren't the best but they do have a seasonal aspect that makes them more fun. Soccer for example pulls players to the game but doesn't keep them playing.

Another game mode I would like to see is a simple engine for map tactics. You pick 5 tanks from your garage of equal tier. You then play a "Risk" styled game of making it across a map. Doing so in turn based mechanics you pick which tank advances and to what parts of the map. You both have to attack the enemy cap and defend yours. This could easily make some extra credits based on RNG and tiers.

These game modes are all single player and potentially good ways of "helping" people through the WoT economy. It should increase the size of the player base and potentially generate more interest in the WG platform.

I love where your going with this can you get more into detail about each of the modes.

_Kradok_ #42 Posted Jun 12 2018 - 14:06

Captain

• -Players-
  • 28630 battles

I love the ideas mentioned by Tybee as well.  Removing Proving Grounds also hurt new players. 

When I've been running CW's/advances all night (from 7-midnight: NUFFS has at least one team, usually more, running), I like to drop to low tiers to decompress.  The strategy doesn't 'really' matter there, and I'm free to laugh a little and just kill bots -- well, until 1.0 when the bots are gone, but the need to decompress remains.  

Tom71 #43 Posted Jun 12 2018 - 22:09

Corporal

• Players
  • 18096 battles

View Post_Kradok_, on Jun 12 2018 - 13:06, said:

I love the ideas mentioned by Tybee as well.  Removing Proving Grounds also hurt new players.

When I've been running CW's/advances all night (from 7-midnight: NUFFS has at least one team, usually more, running), I like to drop to low tiers to decompress.  The strategy doesn't 'really' matter there, and I'm free to laugh a little and just kill bots -- well, until 1.0 when the bots are gone, but the need to decompress remains.

I am with you, this is why I am asking for a 30 day for new people to be put together to learn the game it helps in 2 parts. Part 1 lets new people learn how to play where to play and their roll. Part 2 makes for better match making and team make up at higher tiers when they get there and they will just like us. People don't get me wrong I have been playing for 7 years, I have had 2 tier X tanks and I played so bad in them I have sold them. I play tier 5 to 8 and I have 1 tier 9. I played bad in them cause I rushed to them and never learned tank rolls, where to play and how, in the last 2 to 3 years I have been learning and I still am. I am pointing this stuff out cause I love the game I would like to see it stay around.  Bottom line is the change has to start with us most of us have time and money tied up in this game. The game will only change if we change first, why I asked people to put ideas together let rebuild it lets change.

p.s. sorry it came out like a bad teen movie see you on the field.

SRozell #44 Posted Jun 12 2018 - 22:20

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 31027 battles
Seal clubbing has little or no impact on new player retention. Long grinds, blowouts, poor MM, arty, gold ammo are what discourages new players it's not seal clubbing. If the player base is having fun you're going to keep them, if they are not they will not say it's that simple. Too many games out there are f2p they are well done and players have fun they have little or no trouble retaining there player base.

Edited by SRozell, Jun 12 2018 - 22:21.

1tricky1 #45 Posted Jun 13 2018 - 14:50

Private

• Players
  • 13891 battles
  • [MASK] MASK

View PostGunadie, on Jun 10 2018 - 05:12, said:

According to you!

I agree with the gist of this.

War Shaming allows the upper tier games to be ruined by inexperienced players in tier 8 tanks, so whats the difference?

Imo, WG has ruined the spirit and essence of what this game was for the sake of cash income

They could have kept this game extremely challenging and highly rewarding but choose to easy button it for the sake of capital gain and now this is the result.

We have experienced players choosing to play anywhere they want the same as we have inexperienced players playing where they choose.

I have discussed and stated how this was to the games determent numerous times and the most common retort was "everyone has the right to play where they want"!

You reap what you sow!

​I wouldn't say inexperienced can play where they choose. Tier 9&10 long way off and cost millions. Plus Tier 10 is so full of gold rounds its insane! ( I play arty to have a rest from it instead of logging off in rage).  Other way round yes and is totally unfair like stated in start of thread.  Playing the game with 4 sons and 5yold grandson. The history of the tanks is always a great talking point.  Youngest son has just joined wot this week. He enjoys it but can be a bit of a wait between games after getting raped and waiting for game to end to get in another game. The grind is real and is not cheap when you have nothing. I agree that experienced players have no business in anything under tier 3. WOwarships run a choice of running with Bots and WOT could do with that option also to help keep new players.   And before anyone takes the pee out of my stats just remember ive never played with ping better then 250 and 95%+ games have been pub. Cheers 

64sherman #46 Posted Jun 14 2018 - 04:01

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 26044 battles
  • [MOZZY] MOZZY
I'll stop seal clubbing as soon as XVM becomes insta-bannable.  You people made me like this.  I didn't want to be who I've become, my hand was forced.  

EmperorJuliusCaesar #47 Posted Jun 18 2018 - 07:56

Major

• Players
  • 29893 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View PostTom71, on Jun 09 2018 - 04:07, said:

I can remember when the servers had 10k to 20k and more people playing in them each. This was before tankers got to tier X and then someone said lets pack out a tier2 or 3 tank and kill noobs. Well who wants to play a game where I have a tank that is the same as the next guy but his crew has 5 plus skills and is packed out using APRC witch I can't buy cause I am new. So some ideas on how to stop the seal clubbing, up to tier 3 all tanks no APRC and no equipment, at tier 3 people are still learning how to play don't need to worry about a player who has been here for 5 or more years having a bad day in the upper tiers taking it out on noobs.

Tier 4 and 5 is where most of us start making the coin to equipment on our tanks anyway. The other way would be to give people under 30 days the option to play against other 30 day people or join the ranks to play anyone. This would make it better for new people coming in and people would most likely stay and keep on playing.

Now before you fake unies start crying you going back to pat your stat with low tier tanks. I did say give the 30 day people the option to join the ranks so I would think that there will be people there for you to kill so you can sleep good at night.

P.S.

I don't reply to trolls so don't waste your time and if you think I am wrong please put some thought into your reply and tells us/me why I am wrong before this game goes cold.

WG has tried many things to limit pathetic seal clubbers from ruining the low tiers, but the loser seal clubbers just make new accounts to do it on.  They are so desperate to seal club, they don't see or don't care that their selfishness is running off new players.

Removing the equipment and removing the APCR would be a good way to knock it down.

EmperorJuliusCaesar #48 Posted Jun 18 2018 - 08:02

Major

• Players
  • 29893 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View PostGunadie, on Jun 09 2018 - 12:43, said:

If WG doesn't care about the quality of play at tier 8, 9 and 10, why do you think they would care about the quality of game play at tier 2 and 3?

If a newb player can buy and spoil my game play at tier 7,8,9 or 10 why shouldn't a long time player be able to enjoy themselves at tier 2 and 3 at the expense of new players?

New players are buying tier 8 prems BECAUSE of the pathetic seal clubbers that ruin the lower tiers.

EmperorJuliusCaesar #49 Posted Jun 18 2018 - 10:45

Major

• Players
  • 29893 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View Post64sherman, on Jun 13 2018 - 19:01, said:

I'll stop seal clubbing as soon as XVM becomes insta-bannable.  You people made me like this.  I didn't want to be who I've become, my hand was forced.  

No one forced you to do ANYTHING.  You make your own choices, and clearly you like to beat up on new players.  Quite the character you have there.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users