E-100: Death by Power Creep

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Tibaerius #1 Posted Jun 10 2018 - 05:10

Sergeant

• Players
  • 12624 battles
  • [W--W] W--W

So I have played tanks on and off for years, since it really went live. I love this game, I love tanks, but something that seems to happen over time is power creep, that is, guns are so much better than when this game first was introduced (I played when T8 was max!). The problem with this is that tanks previously balanced around old gameplay or penetration power now fall behind....I am looking at my first love, the E-100. Gold rounds will always be a problem, I get that. I use them myself as well. However, the ability for so many tanks to pen the front of my turret not using gold rounds is discouraging. Look at the new medium that WG is rolling out, 276 pen on its STANDARD round! That used to be reserved for TDs. It frustrates me to no end when I play the game right, as far as an E-100 is concerned. I hide my MASSIVE lower plate, roll out and side scrap, only to be penned by multiple gues in the front mantle. I even just  had a 183shot go through my gun mantle and destroy my gun plus do damage (don't ask me how that is possible with 310mm of pen because I don't know). Basically what  I want to know is this: Are others noticing a problem with power creep? What can be done to fix it? Should certain tanks get a buff? 

I for one feel like the E-100 underperforms now, largly because its armor doesn't equate to protection anymore. I can do well in the tank because I can trade shots, but I SHOULDN'T be trading shots with a tank when all I am showing is my turret, ESPECIALLY when I am angling it between shots.

Blackhorse_One_ #2 Posted Jun 10 2018 - 05:43

Captain

• -Players-
  • 5074 battles
  • [HHT] HHT

Planned obsolescence keeps WG in business

Edited by Blackhorse_One_, Jun 10 2018 - 05:44.

Noivy #3 Posted Jun 10 2018 - 07:11

Captain

• Players
  • 31994 battles
That's not how you spell IS-4. At least the E-100 has a massive gun that nobody wants to get hit by.

1stCenturian #4 Posted Jun 10 2018 - 07:18

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 22945 battles
  • [SP3AR] SP3AR
E-100 was my first super heavy and I was so unimpressed with it....E-75 is just so much better tier for tier

Firemoth #5 Posted Jun 10 2018 - 07:44

Major

• Players
  • 37007 battles

View PostNoivy, on Jun 10 2018 - 16:11, said:

That's not how you spell IS-4. At least the E-100 has a massive gun that nobody wants to get hit by.

the IS4 still exists? i havent seen one in  random battles in years

ironcladtanker #6 Posted Jun 10 2018 - 11:36

Captain

• Players
  • 6134 battles
  • [THK] THK
If you think powercreep is that bad here, try the Maus, even more situational.  But I like it though.  And as far as getting hit if you don't attack with les than 6 allies ur done.

noboater #7 Posted Jun 10 2018 - 19:13

Sergeant

• Players
  • 31340 battles
  • [TONKX] TONKX

View Postironcladtanker, on Jun 10 2018 - 10:36, said:

If you think powercreep is that bad here, try the Maus, even more situational.  But I like it though.  And as far as getting hit if you don't attack with les than 6 allies ur done.

Yep loved my Maus. Maus holding off 3 mt and a hvy. Bounce bounce bounce, I turn my turret to shoot, sizzle sizzle sizzle Boom. End of cool story.

Ape_Drape #8 Posted Jun 11 2018 - 16:48

Captain

• Players
  • 40283 battles
  • [SOT] SOT

View PostTibaerius, on Jun 10 2018 - 05:10, said:

So I have played tanks on and off for years, since it really went live. I love this game, I love tanks, but something that seems to happen over time is power creep, that is, guns are so much better than when this game first was introduced (I played when T8 was max!). The problem with this is that tanks previously balanced around old gameplay or penetration power now fall behind....I am looking at my first love, the E-100. Gold rounds will always be a problem, I get that. I use them myself as well. However, the ability for so many tanks to pen the front of my turret not using gold rounds is discouraging. Look at the new medium that WG is rolling out, 276 pen on its STANDARD round! That used to be reserved for TDs. It frustrates me to no end when I play the game right, as far as an E-100 is concerned. I hide my MASSIVE lower plate, roll out and side scrap, only to be penned by multiple gues in the front mantle. I even just  had a 183shot go through my gun mantle and destroy my gun plus do damage (don't ask me how that is possible with 310mm of pen because I don't know). Basically what  I want to know is this: Are others noticing a problem with power creep? What can be done to fix it? Should certain tanks get a buff? 

I for one feel like the E-100 underperforms now, largly because its armor doesn't equate to protection anymore. I can do well in the tank because I can trade shots, but I SHOULDN'T be trading shots with a tank when all I am showing is my turret, ESPECIALLY when I am angling it between shots.

Power crept? Not that tank. That tank does not suffer from power creep. That tank was deliberately nerfed to hell the day after gold sales to free exp into it slowed down. That's not power creep. That's WG's scam. The only tanks  that get to keep their OPishness after release are the Russian ones.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users