Auto ban does not work

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

OlTanker #1 Posted Jun 11 2018 - 17:36

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 16458 battles
  • [3_61] 3_61

WOT won't accept complaints from players about team killing saying their auto ban stops them. Male bovine excrement. Their system is supposed to stop the team killer before he succeeds in taking out a team mate. This excuse for a petrified lizard turd, team killed 2 players in direct fire at the start of the battle. It wasn't a mistake and it wasn't a glitch. he deliberately turned and targeted 2 players behind him  and killed them in direct fire with 3 shots. The first shot should have given him an instaban since it was a one shot kill but instead he killed me with 2 shots afterwards before turning blue.

http://wotreplays.eu...rg-oltanker-m44

Edited by OlTanker, Jun 11 2018 - 17:37.

Kamahl1234 #2 Posted Jun 11 2018 - 17:41

Major

• Players
  • 18393 battles

View PostOlTanker, on Jun 11 2018 - 16:36, said:

WOT won't accept complaints from players about team killing saying their auto ban stops them. Male bovine excrement. Their system is supposed to stop the team killer before he succeeds in taking out a team mate. This excuse for a petrified lizard turd, team killed 2 players in direct fire at the start of the battle. It wasn't a mistake and it wasn't a glitch. he deliberately turned and targeted 2 players behind him  and killed them in direct fire with 3 shots. The first shot should have given him an instaban since it was a one shot kill but instead he killed me with 2 shots afterwards before turning blue.

No, what gave you that idea. Stopping a TK is relative, as it could be as little as a single shot. 

Why the heck should a first shot autoban someone. Maybe I can show you why that's a terrible idea by driving in front of you in sniper mode, and you get a lovely ban. That'd be so easy to abuse on people you don't like.

The ban system can be improved, but it does do the job. Some people figured out how to game the system, and those ones can be reported properly as people evading bans. But it does in fact ban many TKers.

kebab6597 #3 Posted Jun 11 2018 - 17:53

Major

• Players
  • 55702 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
He killed both of you in 1 shot his killing you got him banned it may have been an hours ban for his first offence or it could be longer if he is a repeat offender

PALEJEDI #4 Posted Jun 12 2018 - 03:28

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 28469 battles
  • [MECHS] MECHS

View PostOlTanker, on Jun 11 2018 - 17:36, said:

awh does someone need a hug ;)

TsarCidron #5 Posted Jun 12 2018 - 03:41

Major

• Players
  • 6791 battles
  • [RAIDM] RAIDM
Tell you what,  Why dont you go out and test it for us.   Shoot friendly tanks, count the shots and damage.  Let us know if/when you get a ban, and post the damage totals and the shot totals..  If it doesnt work, no problem for you, right?  :trollface:

OlTanker #6 Posted Jun 12 2018 - 14:59

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 16458 battles
  • [3_61] 3_61

View Postkebab6597, on Jun 11 2018 - 10:53, said:

He killed both of you in 1 shot his killing you got him banned it may have been an hours ban for his first offence or it could be longer if he is a repeat offender

Reading are hard for you isn't it.

TacoJohnHG #7 Posted Jun 24 2018 - 00:08

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 39474 battles
  • [WONKA] WONKA

View PostOlTanker, on Jun 12 2018 - 07:59, said:

Reading are hard for you isn't it.

Somewhat ironic.

"Reading are hard"...come on man.

You can't expect people to get banned for 1 shot of team damage. All those people that shoot a teammate when they drive in front of a person being shot at would be banned. There are definitely some improvements that could be made to it, but it also has to account for accidents. Generally it's 2 shots in quick succession turns a player blue, the next shot bans them. This is reduced by one if they are on cap. If it's an arty it takes more like 3 shots to turn blue and 5-6 to ban. There are some weird things that happen that allow for a shot or 2 extra occasionally, but they don't release the exact formula for it (to my knowledge) so it's not able to be abused as easily.

OlTanker #8 Posted Jun 24 2018 - 15:25

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 16458 battles
  • [3_61] 3_61

Taco, reading are hard for you too.  "deliberately turned and targeted 2 players behind him  and killed them in direct fire with 3 shots. The first shot should have given him an instaban since it was a one shot kill but instead he killed me with 2 shots afterwards" 3 shots. The first a one shot death the second two shots, both hits.

BadAnimal #9 Posted Jun 25 2018 - 14:21

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 22944 battles
  • [DHO3] DHO3
So, the replay is borked.  And every other TK replay uploaded by oltanker is borked.  I don't know, but I think oltanker is hiding something.  Or WG is.

MacDaddyMatty #10 Posted Jun 25 2018 - 14:34

Major

• -Players-
  • 26678 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

OP,

You DO NOT understand how the TK mechanic works.

People here are trying to help you and you are being a jerk.

I'm thinking if your 'tood in game is the same as displayed here, you were due the TK.

(and I'm ardently "do not shoot green tanks" )

Ya may want to think about that.

Edited by MacDaddyMatty, Jun 25 2018 - 14:35.

OlTanker #11 Posted Jun 25 2018 - 17:03

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 16458 battles
  • [3_61] 3_61

Macdaddy, you make assumptions that are unwarranted. First off I have had chat disabled in the game for over a year, so I don't have to suffer fools, so any "tood" is totally the result of one who assumes there is one, namely you. Secondly the person I started the post about started shooting friendlies as soon as his first round was loaded in the game and continued for 3 rounds until I was dead and he was finally banned after killing 2 teammates. Neither of the two teammates he killed were blocking or even moving towards him. They were both staged behind him and moving away.

Badanimal I uploaded vids as per the instructions of wotreplays. I could see them afterwards. I have not checked lately. If there is an issue it is not something I did.

MacDaddyMatty #12 Posted Jun 25 2018 - 17:25

Major

• -Players-
  • 26678 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostOlTanker, on Jun 25 2018 - 11:03, said:

Macdaddy, you make assumptions that are unwarranted. First off I have had chat disabled in the game for over a year, so I don't have to suffer fools,

I was about to say "then I retract my remarks regarding "in game", and then you typed

View PostOlTanker, on Jun 25 2018 - 11:03, said:

so any "tood" is totally the result of one who assumes there is one, namely you.

And you just reinforced my point.

The rest is moot.

You do not understand the mechanics.

You are a jerk to people who try to help you.

Not sure how you expect that to work.

GL

Cognitive_Dissonance #13 Posted Jun 25 2018 - 17:57

Major

• Players
  • 39606 battles
  • [ANASS] ANASS

Took up a sniping position in Province in my tech tree Firefly. Two Warhammer KV2 prems decided they wanted to snipe with derp guns, instead of you know, actually being heavies.

First KV2 drives up, and tries to push me off the ledge, I scramble out of the way, and shoot his track to escape, tracking him.

He and his buddy both targeted me with a "One, Two durp cannon paste eater punch" and erased me from the map.

No penalties, no ban etc. This is the norm OP, as they hadn't crossed a threshold for team damage, and they were newer players. Many factors play into this before you get banned. I wasn't even upset or surprised by them not being banned as I have a fair understanding of how it worked.

In a nutshell you are glossing over several variables taken into account for auto-ban, and not listening to folks trying to help you.

Continue to post uselessly about it in these forums.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users