premium tank crew training?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

TrevorsT112 #1 Posted Jun 11 2018 - 23:52

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 2683 battles
  • [M-I-T] M-I-T
Is it possible to train a tier VIII premium tank crew in a premium tier III, or premium tier V tank of the same type (light) without a penalty?

FrozenKemp #2 Posted Jun 11 2018 - 23:54

Major

• Players
  • 45658 battles

It is possible to train ANY tank crew in a premium tier III, V, or VIII of the same type.  No penalty.  Do not spend money, you don't want to RETRAIN them to the other tank, just put them in the tank and drive. 

It is sort of a waste to have a separate crew manning your premium tank when they could also be manning a tech tree tank.  (Retrain permanently to the tech tree tank, put them back in your premium tank too.) 

Vardeman #3 Posted Jun 12 2018 - 00:05

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 41817 battles
  • [56TH] 56TH
yes, but you're better off training a NON-premium tank crew in your premium tank.  The only caveat is that the tank has to be the same type and same nation.

TrevorsT112 #4 Posted Jun 12 2018 - 02:56

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 2683 battles
  • [M-I-T] M-I-T
Hey guys thanks. That makes good sense. But I am still very new and poor at game play. After playing at tier VIII with the new tank, I think it might help if I train the crew of the tier VIII premium tank at a little lower tier. I don't want to retrain the tier VIII premium crew to a lower tier premium tank. I just want to level up the skill/perk to give me a little boost when playing at tier VIII. If I understand you correctly, you are suggesting that if I move the tier VIII premium light crew to a lower tier premium tank, the tier VIII crew will be retrained to the lower tier premium tank? That is not what happens when you train a standard tank crew in a premium tank is it?

FrozenKemp #5 Posted Jun 12 2018 - 03:09

Major

• Players
  • 45658 battles

View PostTrevorsT112, on Jun 11 2018 - 20:56, said:

Hey guys thanks. That makes good sense. But I am still very new and poor at game play. After playing at tier VIII with the new tank, I think it might help if I train the crew of the tier VIII premium tank at a little lower tier. I don't want to retrain the tier VIII premium crew to a lower tier premium tank. I just want to level up the skill/perk to give me a little boost when playing at tier VIII. If I understand you correctly, you are suggesting that if I move the tier VIII premium light crew to a lower tier premium tank, the tier VIII crew will be retrained to the lower tier premium tank? That is not what happens when you train a standard tank crew in a premium tank is it?

Yes, it is.

Note, we're not talking about RETRAINING the crew to other tank.  That's the way we usually talk about a permanent change.

Take a look here.  I have taken my crew from my Ru 251 tier IX German light tank and put them into a Pz T 15 tier III premium light[1].  Notice at the bottom of the popup it says, "The crew member does not have specialization on Pz. T 15, but he can use his skills and perks."  All good to go here. 

[1] Actually I had to get a radio operator from a different tank because the Ru 251 has no radio op.  You can mix and match crew members that you put into a premium tank, if you need to. 

Edited by FrozenKemp, Jun 12 2018 - 03:11.

TrevorsT112 #6 Posted Jun 12 2018 - 03:55

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 2683 battles
  • [M-I-T] M-I-T
Okay thanks. So that should mean that I can take the premium light tier VIII crew and level up their skills/perks in a premium light tier III tank and then place them back in their tier VIII tank when I am ready.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users