Artillery

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

_Kradok_ #21 Posted Jun 13 2018 - 16:56

Captain

• -Players-
  • 28655 battles

View PostGaucho2, on Jun 13 2018 - 08:34, said:

There is a solution: put the option to play with/without arty, is not necessary to take drastic decisions like eliminate arty completely. A good idea would be to make a poll between players and see which percentage of players agree or not with this option... you will be surprised. The argument saying then it will be no arty to play is not consistent: if most of the people wants to play without arty then you should put the option, the idea is to fun people, then you should follow the players satisfaction. Finally the comment "Most of the player base just enjoys playing the game and doesn’t care too much about SPG" is not very adequate for a developer, just make a poll, be sure that this is true and be scrupolous in job!. Kind regards! 

You offer a 'solution' to something WG doesn't even SEE as a problem...  And further, part of your solution is to have more polls because YOU don't like what the developers have said?  

Snowflake much?

Bottom line, you want an Arty-free mode OTHER THAN Blitz, and you're trying every way imaginable to make it seem logical when WG themselves have said it's a non-starter.

Leave my arty alone please.  I don't tell you how to play World of Tanks to suit ME, I'd appreciate it if you stopped trying the same.

Whistling_Death_ #22 Posted Jun 14 2018 - 10:51

Major

• -Players-
  • 59417 battles
  • [13-AD] 13-AD

Another artillery-whiner. :arta:  :facepalm:

"Every battle, without fail, my artillery is outnumbered by 12-14 tanks! It's not faiiirrrrrr! Tanks are broken and need to be removed from the game! I'm telling mommy Wargaming! It's not faiiiirrrrrrr mommmyyy!!!"

Fireplace4 #23 Posted Jun 14 2018 - 11:20

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 29799 battles

The problem that people ignore is that arty can shoot you over buildings, from beyond your render distance. No other tank can shoot at you with no risk of return fire. Even tanks that use camo can have their previous position blind fired, but arty has no risk except from other arty.

Not only that, arty is incentivised to against its purpose. The purpose of arty is to break out heavy tanks and tank destroyers that are dug in, but they are incentivised to focus down lights and mediums because they can do 2 to 3x more damage. They don't even need to hit close to their target to do significant damage to these vulnerable tanks at the higher tiers. The accuracy buffs mean and splash radius means that quite often they can hit fast tanks on the move with ease. A potential change would be to make arty vastly more inaccurate when aiming, but have the same accuracy when fully aimed in. This would increase the skill needed to hit moving tanks (you would need to predict the path), and force arty to focus on stationary tanks. 

The other major problem is stuns. When you are playing an aggressive position and arty hits you then you can be stunned for more than 20 seconds. When arty reload is taken into account, along with splash radius you can almost be perma-stunned. This effectively removes your tank from the game until you hide for a significant period of time. With game lengths appearing to shorten to 5-7 minutes, then hiding for even a minute to avoid the arty focus can be detrimental to your team. 

nuclearguy931 #24 Posted Jun 14 2018 - 12:05

Major

• Players
  • 75701 battles
  • [UMM] UMM

View PostThe_Illusive_Man, on Jun 11 2018 - 21:47, said:

Everyone would do so. Then arty would never get a game. This has also be suggested alot over the years. What should be done, is not allow arty to pen anything, and a nerf to the stun duration.

Or even better, remove the cap limit on it and see just how much the player base will play it. The whiners and criers about arty would never go for it as they fear the results of what would happen.

_Kradok_ #25 Posted Jun 14 2018 - 13:22

Captain

• -Players-
  • 28655 battles

View PostFireplace4, on Jun 14 2018 - 05:20, said:

The problem that people ignore is that arty can shoot you over buildings, from beyond your render distance. No other tank can shoot at you with no risk of return fire. Even tanks that use camo can have their previous position blind fired, but arty has no risk except from other arty.

Not only that, arty is incentivised to against its purpose. The purpose of arty is to break out heavy tanks and tank destroyers that are dug in, but they are incentivised to focus down lights and mediums because they can do 2 to 3x more damage. They don't even need to hit close to their target to do significant damage to these vulnerable tanks at the higher tiers. The accuracy buffs mean and splash radius means that quite often they can hit fast tanks on the move with ease. A potential change would be to make arty vastly more inaccurate when aiming, but have the same accuracy when fully aimed in. This would increase the skill needed to hit moving tanks (you would need to predict the path), and force arty to focus on stationary tanks. 

The other major problem is stuns. When you are playing an aggressive position and arty hits you then you can be stunned for more than 20 seconds. When arty reload is taken into account, along with splash radius you can almost be perma-stunned. This effectively removes your tank from the game until you hide for a significant period of time. With game lengths appearing to shorten to 5-7 minutes, then hiding for even a minute to avoid the arty focus can be detrimental to your team. 

You can't have it both ways...

You complain about arty hitting you all the time - but note the games are shorter in duration, thus LIMITING the number of times you're hit to begin with...  Every class has a weakness.  Want arty's?  FIND me in your light puny tank - and I'm toast 99% of the time....  I get it can be 'frustrating'... but dude, it's about 10% of the player base that ready's up in arty now as it is, and that's STILL not good enough for you?  

The whiners have had arty nerf'd, then changed, then the stun added - blame yourself!   I didn't ask for it, but I damn well adjusted.  I play the game THEY built to THEIR rules.  Deal with it.

Sounds a little like entitlement...

EmperorJuliusCaesar #26 Posted Jun 17 2018 - 14:10

Major

• Players
  • 29980 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View PostDGunn, on Jun 11 2018 - 18:38, said:

Im thinking it would be nice if you could go into your settings and choose if you want to play in battles with or without artillery. I always hear many people complaining about them in the game. Another thought would be possibly limiting the amount of artillery pieces from 3 to 1 per team in random battles. Whats everyone's thoughts?

Can we select to not play with heavies?  That would be great for some classes.  Do you see where that problem arises?   WG has stated that will never happen, arty will NEVER be removed and the current limit of 3 per battle will not be changed and stated the discussion is over.  A good number of arty players are paying customers, making their queues longer is not a good business decision.  Would you like it if you queue'd up in a medium and had to wait longer because of limits? 

It's much easier to learn to play with them in the game, it doesn't take long if you focus on it and it will make you appreciate them in the game and what they add to it. 

I don't play arty, but I'm VERY thankful some do.

EmperorJuliusCaesar #27 Posted Jun 17 2018 - 14:12

Major

• Players
  • 29980 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View Postn4cer67, on Jun 11 2018 - 18:50, said:

View PostThe_Illusive_Man, on Jun 11 2018 - 20:47, said:

What should be done, is not allow arty to pen anything, and a nerf to the stun duration.

If they nerf the stun then give back all the damage that was taken away.

THIS!!!  Make arty great again so we have more playing it.  Battles without it are dull, boring, and very predictable.

EmperorJuliusCaesar #28 Posted Jun 17 2018 - 14:15

Major

• Players
  • 29980 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View PostBlucraft, on Jun 11 2018 - 19:39, said:

Arty in WOT is like mining in Eve Online.  I vocal minority hates it...yet a silent majority actually participates in it :D!

-Blu

EXACTLY!!   And exactly what the server stats showed.

And then there's many of us who don't play arty, but love it in the game because we can avoid it, but also use it to our advantage.  That rare time they do kill us, big deal, could have happened by any tank, why cry because it's arty.......many blues cry about arty because they think it's the ONLY think holding them back from being purple.....yet there's MANY purples on NA.

EmperorJuliusCaesar #29 Posted Jun 17 2018 - 14:54

Major

• Players
  • 29980 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View PostDGunn, on Jun 12 2018 - 20:16, said:

I never once said anything about "removing" arty from the game. I understand there are a lot of people who enjoy playing arty, on the other hand there are a lot who don't like it as much. All I am saying is we should have a choice but from what I am reading, it sounds like most people would choose to not have arty in the game. There have been a lot of good points and counter points made here. Keep the discussion going.

Wrong, WGs in-game polling revealed the vast majority enjoy the game with arty in it.  Only a small, but VERY vocal minority hate it.  Lazy drivers, campers, stat padders, etc. 

They want easy mode, without arty, well that exists, it's called WoT Blitz, arty free, all the time.  Crybabies can go there.

Can we vote to remove other classes?  I'd love to have no heavies if possible.  Do you see how ridiculous this is now?

Metia #30 Posted Jun 18 2018 - 04:04

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 11143 battles

Why do people post this same whining topic over and over again... any given day you will find 2 or three of these threads and 2 or 3 complaining about gold ammo.  Best part is when you notice all the people saying arty sucks are the ones that defend premium ammo.

Arty is important to the game, Arty can not shoot you if you are directly in line with a building you are using as cover, and the spg.  Without SPGS most gaes turn into watching people move 2 meters forward, slam on the breaks, shoot, then roll back... Not even close to a game I want to play, if a few spgs are in that game things break up and become more dynamic.  Turns out it is actually hard to hit moving targets in a spg.  I usually have 2-3 second hang time, people will usually not end up where I shot.  Turns out vehicles can turn, or get behind cover.  

The SPG haters tend to be the ones that did not have a good spg player on their team.  The amount of times I have been thanked for saving peoples butts from the tank that has them pinned down is not a small number.

Also, if you are going to complain about arty hitting you behind cover, can we complain about derp tanks hitting the ground near you and 1 shotting you?  Comparing the t7 spgs, not counting the Russian ones as they are Russian and there is a bias, and the derpy-est tank at t7, the O-Ni, it has half the burst radius, but twice the pen... Seems like those derps need to go too if SPGS go.. 

Oh, one last thing, most SPG players hate the stun mechanic, we are no longer really able to go TD shotgun at end of game and are helpless, and we get no credits or exp for stuns or crits.  So unless our team helps the SPG player usually gets the fuzzy end of the lolipop.

EmperorJuliusCaesar #31 Posted Jun 18 2018 - 07:43

Major

• Players
  • 29980 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View PostGaucho2, on Jun 13 2018 - 05:22, said:

View PostDGunn, on Jun 12 2018 - 03:38, said:

Im thinking it would be nice if you could go into your settings and choose if you want to play in battles with or without artillery. I always hear many people complaining about them in the game. Another thought would be possibly limiting the amount of artillery pieces from 3 to 1 per team in random battles. Whats everyone's thoughts?

I completely agree with you, the idea is to give the option to play with/without arty not to eliminate arty from the game. Some people say in defense of arty that if Wargaming put this option then nobody will want to play with arty and will be very difficult to play with it. But then the conclusion is obvious: people wants to have fun in the game, if most of the people don't want arty then Wargaming should attend the vast majority of the opinions. Has no sense to frustrate 80% of the people (just guessing) to make happy the other 20%, and even that this 20% of the players will have the option to play with arty also. Not saying that the vast majority of players prefer to play tanks instead of arty.

WG's in-game polling revealed that the majority prefer the game WITH arty in it.  As does every "remove arty" whine poll in the forums.  WG has already stated there will be no options to exclude any classes as the game was designed with arty in it and it would affect queue times for all. 

EmperorJuliusCaesar #32 Posted Jun 18 2018 - 07:45

Major

• Players
  • 29980 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View PostGaucho2, on Jun 13 2018 - 05:34, said:

View Postheavymetal1967, on Jun 12 2018 - 04:55, said:

From September 3, 2014. 

http://ftr.wot-news.com/2014/09/03/insider-wargaming-thoughts-on-arty/

From October 11, 2017. 

https://ritastatusreport.live/2017/10/11/48847/

From dev Q&A and posted on The Daily Bounce on 12-12-17.

There is a solution: put the option to play with/without arty, is not necessary to take drastic decisions like eliminate arty completely. A good idea would be to make a poll between players and see which percentage of players agree or not with this option... you will be surprised. The argument saying then it will be no arty to play is not consistent: if most of the people wants to play without arty then you should put the option, the idea is to fun people, then you should follow the players satisfaction. Finally the comment "Most of the player base just enjoys playing the game and doesn’t care too much about SPG" is not very adequate for a developer, just make a poll, be sure that this is true and be scrupolous in job!. Kind regards! 

WG already did an in-game poll, and the vast majority prefer the game with arty in it.  They're not gonna ruin queue times just because a vocal minority can't learn to play around a class of tank.  There have been MANY "remove arty" polls in the forums as well, and every single one loses.  Best to learn to play with it as WG has stated that none of these things are going to happen as the game was designed with arty.

EmperorJuliusCaesar #33 Posted Jun 18 2018 - 07:49

Major

• Players
  • 29980 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View Postbubbydogg, on Jun 17 2018 - 18:22, said:

Content Moderated by HeadlockMvnky

Arty is needed for clan wars, the only place to grind it up, pubs, get used to it, it's not going anywhere.   The rage is pretty funny though, thanks for the laugh.

Edited by HeadlockMvnky, Jun 19 2018 - 20:09.

_Kradok_ #34 Posted Jun 18 2018 - 17:52

Captain

• -Players-
  • 28655 battles

View Postbubbydogg, on Jun 17 2018 - 21:22, said:

Content Moderated by HeadlockMvnky

Have you ever met your shift key?

Edited by HeadlockMvnky, Jun 19 2018 - 20:10.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users