Jump to content


WG are pathetic!


  • Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

DomoSapien #21 Posted Jun 12 2018 - 16:20

    Community Coordinator

  • Administrator
  • 13385 battles
  • 438
  • [WGA] WGA
  • Member since:
    12-28-2012
Having worked in support for over 2 years, I can confirm that asking you to disable your mods is one of the first steps in any tech related troubleshooting. Eliminating false positives will provide the team with more accurate data, that they can provide to the dev team when filing a bug report.

Gunadie #22 Posted Jun 12 2018 - 16:37

    Major

  • Players
  • 40162 battles
  • 4,629
  • Member since:
    08-20-2011

Numerous issue are created with the addition of mods

So its std practice for them the recommend that you remove all mods (I doubt they are accusing anyone of running "illegal" mods)

to help ferret out the problem.

I have seen my own issues just by not updating my graphics card drivers (on more than one occasion)

I think there tech department does a very good job at sorting out client created problems

And their response time is getting better last I had to utilize them!



Gunadie #23 Posted Jun 12 2018 - 16:40

    Major

  • Players
  • 40162 battles
  • 4,629
  • Member since:
    08-20-2011

View PostUvBeenTrumped, on Jun 12 2018 - 02:48, said:

It is sad how so many of you are eager to point out the faults in someones post!! 

 

Please post a copy of the ticket so we can read what the reply was!

UvBeenTrumped #24 Posted Jun 13 2018 - 03:41

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 56022 battles
  • 239
  • [DBLTG] DBLTG
  • Member since:
    04-26-2011

View PostLesser_Spotted_Panzer, on Jun 12 2018 - 05:11, said:

Call me a skeptic, but I highly doubt that WG accused you of using illegal mods. They may have suggested trying to remove your (legal) mods to see if it helped with the problem. If they thought you had illegal mods, you would be banned.

 

If this is not the case, then please post the ticket details to prove it.

 

There are multiple people in our clan that are totally vanilla and couldn't get back into the Stronghold. Also, the day after they, WG, says there is a server problem and ow the Strongholds are locked. I think most are missing the point of WG not fessing up to an issue and trying to point the finger at the players. What's even more sad is all the people trying to dog me like they are backing WG up. 

UvBeenTrumped #25 Posted Jun 13 2018 - 03:42

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 56022 battles
  • 239
  • [DBLTG] DBLTG
  • Member since:
    04-26-2011

View PostGunadie, on Jun 12 2018 - 08:37, said:

Numerous issue are created with the addition of mods

So its std practice for them the recommend that you remove all mods (I doubt they are accusing anyone of running "illegal" mods)

to help ferret out the problem.

I have seen my own issues just by not updating my graphics card drivers (on more than one occasion)

I think there tech department does a very good job at sorting out client created problems

And their response time is getting better last I had to utilize them!

 

Like said to someone else, there are some in our clan that are totally vanilla and could not get back into the Stronghold match. 

UvBeenTrumped #26 Posted Jun 13 2018 - 03:43

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 56022 battles
  • 239
  • [DBLTG] DBLTG
  • Member since:
    04-26-2011

View PostDomoSapien, on Jun 12 2018 - 08:20, said:

Having worked in support for over 2 years, I can confirm that asking you to disable your mods is one of the first steps in any tech related troubleshooting. Eliminating false positives will provide the team with more accurate data, that they can provide to the dev team when filing a bug report.

 

As said before there are clan mates that are totally vanilla and could not get back in. 

UvBeenTrumped #27 Posted Jun 13 2018 - 03:46

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 56022 battles
  • 239
  • [DBLTG] DBLTG
  • Member since:
    04-26-2011

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Jun 12 2018 - 07:56, said:

 

Since he didn't post the actual reply, only what he believes they meant, we do not know what WG wrote to him.

 

I have never seen WG accuse a player of having illegal mods in this kind of situation, but they do very commonly suggest removing ALL mods and trying to play "vanilla" in order to rule out a mod conflict. There is nothing wrong with that.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Again, there are many players in the clan that are vanilla and could not get into the Stronghold after it crashing. 

_Kradok_ #28 Posted Jun 13 2018 - 12:46

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 27359 battles
  • 1,035
  • [NUFFS] NUFFS
  • Member since:
    10-09-2014

View PostUvBeenTrumped, on Jun 12 2018 - 21:46, said:

 

Again, there are many players in the clan that are vanilla and could not get into the Stronghold after it crashing. 

 

You've posted 4 times about the same thing... but YOU are too dense to see the issue....

 

NOBODY is saying there wasn't an issue...  What they're saying is WG doesn't simply accuse people of using illegal mods from the jump.  Without PROOF (as in something tangible, not just the word of your clanmates, that you heard from Joe, but Joe is an upstanding dude, though you've never REALLY met Joe other than playing in a video game for a while…kind of proof) nobody will believe you due to the OUTLANDISH claim being made. 

 

So.... Stop defending the issue and YOU get on point - can you offer proof that WG started their response with the accusation of illegal mods being used?   That's a much different thing than asking you to remove ANY mods in order to see if the problem still arises - that's called COMMON SENSE to troubleshoot the issue.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users