Personal Missions 2.0 - My hopes and dreams....

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

scottie_ #1 Posted Jun 13 2018 - 15:49

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13833 battles
  • [T-GBU] T-GBU

I recently had a game in my IS-7 where I got over 6K in spotting damage and 2K in damage and it was frustrating because I had been stuck on LT-15 for T55A the whole grind through the LTTB, while playing the black bulldog and T92, I just couldn't get the mission done.  I started thinking, why are the personal missions tied to tank types?  The current meta doesn't really support roles where a light tank is suppose to get spotting damage, a heavy tank blocks damage and causes xx amount of damage, a TD spots from concealment to kill x number of tanks.  For personal mission 2.0 I hope to see missions that can be accomplished with any tank but maybe have a secondary objective that it be accomplished in a certain type of tank or a bonus if you achieve it in a 'unlikely' vehicle type (i.e. kamikaze mission in a arty).  Instead of organizing the missions by type class, organize by the mission type (i.e. - concealed kill, spotting damage, damage blocking, damage caused, etc.)

I suspect that WG uses the missions to force players to grind or buy tanks outside their preference zone (i.e. - non arty players, non TD players, etc).  If they could find a mechanic to replace this it would be a much better system IMO, probably not perfect, for example, for a lot of missions, most people, including myself just activate the mission and don't really concentrate on the missions(except for -15 missions) and accomplish the missions 'accidentally'.  The current system is a serial progression for missions and supports the passive accomplishment of missions, changes to the system would make it a more active system with each tank selecting a mission, players would need to be more aware of the mission for each tank in their garage.              

Edited by scottie_, Jun 13 2018 - 15:53.

flaviosquilla #2 Posted Jun 13 2018 - 15:58

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 33679 battles
  • [DYNO] DYNO

View Postscottie_, on Jun 13 2018 - 15:49, said:

I recently had a game in my IS-7 where I got over 6K in spotting damage and 2K in damage and it was frustrating because I had been stuck on LT-15 for T55A the whole grind through the LTTB, while playing the black bulldog and T92, I just couldn't get the mission done.  I started thinking, why are the personal missions tied to tank types?  The current meta doesn't really support roles where a light tank is suppose to get spotting damage, a heavy tank blocks damage and causes xx amount of damage, a TD spots from concealment to kill x number of tanks.  For personal mission 2.0 I hope to see missions that can be accomplished with any tank but maybe have a secondary objective that it be accomplished in a certain type of tank or a bonus if you achieve it in a 'unlikely' vehicle type (i.e. kamikaze mission in a arty).  Instead of organizing the missions by type class, organize by the mission type (i.e. - concealed kill, spotting damage, damage blocking, damage caused, etc.)

I suspect that WG uses the missions to force players to grind or buy tanks outside their preference zone (i.e. - non arty players, non TD players, etc).  If they could find a mechanic to replace this it would be a much better system IMO, probably not perfect, for example, for a lot of missions, most people, including myself just activate the mission and don't really concentrate on the missions(except for -15 missions) and accomplish the missions 'accidentally'.  The current system is a serial progression for missions and supports the passive accomplishment of missions, changes to the system would make it a more active system with each tank selecting a mission, players would need to be more aware of the mission for each tank in their garage.              

Cool idea

Silversound #3 Posted Jun 13 2018 - 16:04

Major

• Players
  • 38335 battles
  • [-P-] -P-

Didn't they add directives to allow one to buy past a problematic mission?

I've never used mine. So I don't know how it works.

Lesser_Spotted_Panzer #4 Posted Jun 13 2018 - 17:16

Major

• Players
  • 74069 battles

I get what you are saying because the missions can be frustrating at times.

However, on the flip side, I feel they are well done because it does encourage players to learn how to play in certain ways in certain vehicle classes. It annoys the heck out of me when I see a light tank sniping from the redline when on prok for example.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users