Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 11994 battles

View PostGnomon, on Jun 13 2018 - 12:53, said:

Rating of 100: 

• Commander Buffon
  • Buffon Medal
  • Unique Style

The Grand Prize is Italian icon Gianluigi Buffon, who is ready to command your tank with a unique voiceover. He also comes with Brothers in Arms and Sixth Sense (he can also be assigned to any vehicle of any nation). 

this is soo stupid ... few week ago ( when italian get in the game EU have to play 1 game and get Buffon with sixth sense for free... NA you got to do a set of ( 4 if im not mistaken ) [edited]mission ...to get GiGi Buffon... and now you can obtain him ( Again ?? ) with sixth sense AND brother in arm skill.... with any nation... another no respect to those who make event and mission and get [edited]in the [edited]right after well done.

Danksy #22 Posted Jun 14 2018 - 19:14

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 37447 battles

Can we get any confirmation? or info on if any of the skills are "zero skills"... totally not worth any time playing this mode (maybe once or twice, its kinda fun), vs totally worth farming this crew member.  

PLEASE WG! confirm or anyone else who has bought him?

Blackhorse_One_ #23 Posted Jun 14 2018 - 19:19

Captain

• -Players-
  • 2267 battles
  • [HHT] HHT

View PostTheFunky_BrAsSmOnkEY, on Jun 14 2018 - 10:52, said:

... and there this guy's standing there with his arms crossed staring at me in the garage. ITS F'ing CREEPY!

That's your 1st Sergeant telling you to get your butt back in that tank and blow stuff up.

Edited by Blackhorse_One_, Jun 14 2018 - 19:34.

SpamNCan #24 Posted Jun 14 2018 - 19:30

Corporal

• Players
  • 11594 battles
  • [TAW] TAW
I would MUCH have Frontlines back instead.... not playing soccer in a tank.

FrontenacDuVandoo #25 Posted Jun 14 2018 - 21:21

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 6649 battles

The games are fun. Nice styles on the tank.

Should be interesting to see how this evolves.

But... I already got a troll teammate. I was the striker and he as the midfielder kept me tracked almost the whole game. He didn't move for the first two goals, only shot at me. We lost 3-0 obviously.

Hopefully you guys are able to track the complaints in soccer mode separately so he doesn't ruin too many matches.

ThePigSheFlies #26 Posted Jun 14 2018 - 21:28

Major

• Players
  • 62426 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View Postvanionbb, on Jun 13 2018 - 21:06, said:

Why No Bonds????

check the stage level rewards.  starting at stage 3, there are bond payouts depending on how high the placement is.

that being said, I don't like videos.  I despise it when the news sites lead with videos instead of written, concise, bulleted text points.  I'm not clear on how to get to the various stages - presumably via the card collections, or buying same?

if I could train an entire 13 105 crew to mass levels I'd probably take my gaming laptop and play during the evenings the next couple of weeks while I'm on site - but, these tanks have 1 member crews, that likely disappear after the event, and the end-game 'reward' is a single BIA buffon (I think that's how you spell it?) commander - if I can't be bothered to double check the spelling it probably illustrates my interest :/

when I play a bit more tonight, if it becomes more obvious how to move up the stages, and I get a sense of how efficient/fast that can happen, then I might consider ensuring I have some game time into the mode.  overall, it's not really all that entertaining to me at least

Matross #27 Posted Jun 14 2018 - 21:44

Captain

• Players
  • 30224 battles
  • [MAHOO] MAHOO
If you transfer Buffon into the French line (or any other nation's line), does he still speak in Italian? Anyone confirm?

thandiflight #28 Posted Jun 14 2018 - 22:22

Major

• Players
  • 76232 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP
Good lord this must be terrible - Godwin's Law struck on page 1 of the thread. That being said I am still wondering if I would rather have Ebola or play soccer mode. So far Ebola is winning.

ElfMagi2 #29 Posted Jun 14 2018 - 22:40

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 49912 battles
  • [AIMED] AIMED

nvm

arrrgh #30 Posted Jun 15 2018 - 03:49

Sergeant

• Players
  • 66553 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

So, questions that still exist

- Does he have 0, 1, or 2 zero cost skills

- What happens to the xp you accumulate on your sport tanks?
- What language does he speak if assigned to a different nation.

Matross #31 Posted Jun 15 2018 - 15:11

Captain

• Players
  • 30224 battles
  • [MAHOO] MAHOO

I opened a ticket. I got my question answered. They say his unique voice carries over... so... I would assume he speaks Italian.

Just a heads up guys and girls~

RagnarokBazil #32 Posted Jun 15 2018 - 16:41

Sergeant

• Players
  • 21287 battles
  • [PUBBY] PUBBY

View PostGnomon, on Jun 13 2018 - 12:53, said:

Hello again, folks! 

Hope your Wednesday is going well! 

I wanted to talk to your for a minute about soccer.

First, Soccer Mode will return June 14 (02:00 PT | 04:00 CT | 07:00 ET) and will run until July 29 (04:20 PT | 06:20 CT | 07:20 ET).

We've already posted a few times about Soccer Mode, but now we're going to talk about the finer details. While Soccer Mode is up, we will have a special collection of soccer-themed cards (in-game) that can be earned in various ways. 

You'll want to first build a team of 10 players. Each card you collect will place a "player" on your field. There are a total of 30 different cards with various strengths/Tiers, (12 defenders, 12 midfielders, and 6 strikers). By upgrading your team, they can achieve various ratings and rewards.

As your team gets better, so do the prizes. 

You'll be able to collect cards with daily missions or Premium Shop packs. 

The rewards are as follows: 

Rating of 30

• 5x Personal Reserves: +50%Credits (1 hour)
  • 250,000 Credits
  • Collection Medal I 

Rating of 60:

• 10x Personal Reserves: +50%Credits (1 hour)
  • 500,000 Credits
  • Collection Medal II

Rating of 100: 

• Commander Buffon
  • Buffon Medal
  • Unique Style

The Grand Prize is Italian icon Gianluigi Buffon, who is ready to command your tank with a unique voiceover. He also comes with Brothers in Arms and Sixth Sense (he can also be assigned to any vehicle of any nation). 

If you'd like more info, be sure to check out our portal article: Soccer Mode: Complete Your Collection

Thanks everyone, and see you on the soccer fields! 

lol EU had it set you only needed to play 1 battle the heck...

hartanman #33 Posted Jun 16 2018 - 05:11

Private

• Players
  • 22201 battles
  • [_TSA_] _TSA_

Gnomon, Why do your dates not match the Soccer Event: Rolling Steel Regulation Dates?  Excerpt from the Soccer Event: Rolling Steel Regulation Page:

Regulations:

1. How to Participate

1.1. The competition will be held from June 14 23:00 PT to July 11 16:00 PT.

1.2. Only battles in the soccer game mode are counted to participate in the Rolling Steel event.

1.3. The E-100 Sport, T-62A Sport, AMX 13-105 Sport vehicles, and a Garage slot will be added to player's accounts.  The crew will comprise only one member.

1.4. Only battles fought during prime-time (23:00 to 16:00 PT every day) count.

Also, does this mean players on the East Coast have to play between 2am in the morning to 7pm to count towards the ratings?  Damn, I don't know many that will get up during the work week to play at 2am, much less during the workday.  So East Coast players will have about what, 2 hours to play in the evening after work to qualify and enter the rating?

Ortinoth #34 Posted Jun 16 2018 - 22:47

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 25707 battles
where does the xp earned in soccer mode go if you don't convert?

joedoe_hero #35 Posted Yesterday, 12:22 AM

Private

• -Players-
  • 59434 battles

so once again the high IQ computer nerds at WOT prove they have no common sense.

3.2. The leaderboard considers the parameters for battles during the prime-time of the current stage only.

1.4. Only battles fought during prime-time (23:00 to 16:00 PT every day) count.

only games played between 23:00(11pm) and 16:00(4pm) pacific time count towards the leader board scores. so players in the mountain/pacific time zones that work for a living cant have any of their games count on the leader board, and the players in the east/central zones can only play an hour or two per day. these are the players with income to buy premium accounts and pay for WOT to stay in business. by putting time restrictions on any of these games/modes you say piss off to half your players. not everyone can play at the designated times you come up with. if you want to make the modes more fair do something like only the first X number of games count per day and leave the mode available all day. then no one can get left out and others with no life wont be able to completely dominate a special game mode. (i.e. the intel promo this winter that still has not paid out to the players)

Nonamanadus #36 Posted Yesterday, 06:06 AM

Major

• Players
  • 27435 battles
  • [HBG] HBG
Couldn't handle to mode....too bland to work for the rewards.

Metia #37 Posted Yesterday, 10:32 PM

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 10037 battles

View PostKen_1962, on Jun 14 2018 - 14:30, said:

How do you shut off that stupid soccer garage (having many relatives that were veterans from WWII you be little their sacrifice with childish things like this) and if you want a real military football game it should be American Football!

So, you do know that Italy and the UK had a football match during a temporary cease fire, right?  Football/Soccer is the world's most popular sport and was one of the few things that brought about temporary truces that did not involve removing the dead.  It's a game son, it's just a game.

Edited by Metia, Yesterday, 10:32 PM.

Seth_VonLiopod #38 Posted Today, 12:38 AM

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 14582 battles

View PostKen_1962, on Jun 14 2018 - 08:30, said:

How do you shut off that stupid soccer garage (having many relatives that were veterans from WWII you be little their sacrifice with childish things like this) and if you want a real military football game it should be American Football!

Get your Patriotically Correct knickers unbunched. It's far from disrespectful. Football has loads of involvement with wars. There was even one named after the game.

arrrgh #39 Posted Today, 02:37 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 66553 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View Postjoedoe_hero, on Jun 16 2018 - 23:22, said:

so once again the high IQ computer nerds at WOT prove they have no common sense.

3.2. The leaderboard considers the parameters for battles during the prime-time of the current stage only.

1.4. Only battles fought during prime-time (23:00 to 16:00 PT every day) count.

only games played between 23:00(11pm) and 16:00(4pm) pacific time count towards the leader board scores. so players in the mountain/pacific time zones that work for a living cant have any of their games count on the leader board, and the players in the east/central zones can only play an hour or two per day. these are the players with income to buy premium accounts and pay for WOT to stay in business. by putting time restrictions on any of these games/modes you say piss off to half your players. not everyone can play at the designated times you come up with. if you want to make the modes more fair do something like only the first X number of games count per day and leave the mode available all day. then no one can get left out and others with no life wont be able to completely dominate a special game mode. (i.e. the intel promo this winter that still has not paid out to the players)

Except the leaderboard does not register games played during the listed hours.   I have played 31 games, it registered one of them. 

Cymru_am_Byth #40 Posted Today, 05:53 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 53955 battles
  • [TDF1] TDF1

View Postjswap, on Jun 13 2018 - 22:13, said:

This mode actually makes me want to play WoT less.  How about adding stuff to the game that actually has something to do with WW2? How about a Michael Wittmann commander instead of a soccer player?

Why would you want a commander that makes your tank crew perform worse? Michael Wittman was total scrub as a tank commander. Do not drink the Kool-Aid of Himmler's [edited]propaganda. Wittman was a terrible tank commander. If you want a unique German tank commander then you can find some who were actually competent. Just two off the top of my head Carius and Knispel.

Also tagged with soccer mode

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users