soccer mode feedback

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

Mercenarity #81 Posted Jul 06 2018 - 23:33

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 17633 battles
  • [NUFFS] NUFFS

My evaluation of this mode is that I want bonds, but am not willing to put up with genital torture to get them.

edit - To be specific:

1. The ball's hit box is janky and the physics are unpredictable, making it difficult to predict where it will go. Lag exacerbates.

2. Most games turn into three minutes of bouncing the thing around a field's corner until one of the teams gets lucky and randomly launches it in an arc towards the goal. Wee.

3. Vehicle composition is inconsistent.

4. The above three make players in this this mode more toxic than in normal gameplay.

5. High rate of AFK.

6. Tracking is greatly abused as an incessant trolling device.

7. Too many of the event's rules and features are not in the game, and stashed in the dark recesses of the website where even there they aren't completely clear.

8. The event is too long and there are no alternative ways to make similar amounts of bonds at the moment. Players should be given the option to redeem bonds from the soccer event or an alternative set of regular missions. This would cut down on the number of players who don't enjoy it but feel obligated to play it for bonds, considering reward vehicles and the best equipment are bought with bonds.

Edited by Mercenarity, Jul 09 2018 - 22:07.

537dL #82 Posted Jul 07 2018 - 07:15

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 16505 battles

since WG asked for feedback I'll give it

I don't like it.

I liked Frontline (could use some tweaking but overall pretty good).

I don't like this.

I disabled the garage by removing the lines from the xml.

Would rather you spend your resources elsewhere.

shackman #83 Posted Jul 10 2018 - 23:42

Corporal

• Players
  • 43275 battles

This is by far the worst WOT MOD/Event since I have been playing since 2012.    (1) Too many BOTs,  mainly e100s and a some T62s....very few,  AMX.   (2)  It's hard to win 2 on 3  (3) team players get pissed off and decide to shoot team players with no downside...still results in a lose (4) the corner of 'boredom',   really, really bad field and ball physics.  Can't believe they didn't play test this and change it.   Any simply moron could concluded that the ball physics is poor and the rounded corners just leads to ball camping in the corner until someone can finally boot it out.    (4)  How can a player, any player, in the MOD have a near 100% win rate and 15 games of hat tricks without some sort of cheat ???  (5)  Spotty scoring updates at times...play a game in prime time,  score 15 Rolling Steel points,    75/25 percent chance it get's counted.   document it, send it in and support simply goes,  'gee mate, we just don't know'.   (6) Rules, rules and rules again are poorly laid out, no examples, and the rules do seem to change.

In my humble opinion WOT has taken a fairly good format for tank play and ruins it with mods,  (like soccer), introducing hypothetical tanks that were no more then chicken scratch on napkins, make them OP, so the traditional 'real' tanks like a Tiger 1 is regulated to an also ran....by the way,  where the hell is the Abrams...the most powerful tank in the world,  oh yea,  it's American so it doesn't count in Russia.     

All this said,  Frontline was a great MOD from my perspective,  it flowed like the old BF 1942 and was (both FL and BF) a hell of lot of fun to play...since WOT is having to scape gold currency because of legal reasons,....just bring back Front Line and charge $5 buck a month to play and develop rewards/medals etc for FL....and do away with the rest of the crap.

I predict WOT is out of business in NA within a year.

shackman #84 Posted Jul 10 2018 - 23:45

Corporal

• Players
  • 43275 battles
Oh yea,  the garage for soccer really SUCKS and I really detest WOT forcing it on me...….

shackman #85 Posted Jul 10 2018 - 23:46

Corporal

• Players
  • 43275 battles
The good news is when WOT suspended the gold spend for various items,  I stopped spending,  even if they start gold spending for items again,  I will not spend another nickel.....

cavalry11 #86 Posted Jul 14 2018 - 19:06

Corporal

• Players
  • 43607 battles
  • [11BAT] 11BAT

first game was O.K.

this one sucks and after playing 4 times no more. quit wasting time on this kind off crap or  kiss my money goodbye.

unholyblackdeath #87 Posted Jul 15 2018 - 04:32

Private

• -Players-
  • 2656 battles
I'm not interested in mixing my tanks with soccer.  I'm not going to play Soccer Mode.  New maps instead please.

Also tagged with soccer mode, feedback

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users