• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

Gnomon #21 Posted Jun 14 2018 - 22:29

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 629 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View PostDanksy, on Jun 14 2018 - 13:11, said:

PLEASE SOMEONE from WG... IS GIGI a DUAL ZERO SKILL commander? or is it just ONE free zero skill? is it BIA? is the Sixth sense re-trainable? is he re-trainable to switch position?

He only gets one zero-skill (Brothers in Arms), but he also comes with Sixth Sense. You could take Sixth Sense off of him if you'd like. 

View Postthandiflight, on Jun 14 2018 - 14:13, said:

This is terrible. #bringbackfrontline

Anything specific that makes it terrible? Do you not like the mode in general, or a certain aspect of it? The Garage? Any detailed info you can provide helps out! 

BabA_YA6A #22 Posted Jun 14 2018 - 23:08

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 26111 battles

I hate the garage appearance.

Makes the game looks like a cheesy 25 cent arcade.

Besides the point that the game was utter broke a few days before this most recent patch, now we up again at the same old reoccurring issue/s.

The friends list works intermittent, which by the way this phenomenon is not occurring only on my account.

Besides it took me up to 40 seconds to load in a match.

Wargaming I would suggest that you put more effort on fixing the game and also get a few more maps in rotation.

Instead of wasting your time and effort on these sketchy game events and introducing more OP Russian tanks to the game.

PS. Because the current map selection/ rotation is "ABYSMAL". 

facilegoose #23 Posted Jun 14 2018 - 23:15

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 14425 battles

View PostGnomon, on Jun 14 2018 - 22:29, said:

Anything specific that makes it terrible? Do you not like the mode in general, or a certain aspect of it? The Garage? Any detailed info you can provide helps out!

• Ball Physics -- Vehicle impacts barely register/affect movement, and shooting is completely inadequate to ball control. Especially amazing trying to play goalie, or 'dribble' as an attacker on counter. Lots of farting around in the corner hoping a clearance sends it across the face of goal unpredictably. Passing nonexistent with AMX clips interrupting with burst fire.
  • Tracking -- Allies can do it to allies. The goal keeper can do it to strikers in the penalty area across the field. Permanent Track-locking makes it unplayable. Reverse offsides? Defender rounds should not ever register on opponents' (or allies) beyond the halfway line (or the ball for that matter.)
  • Does the E100 have a perk? There's no indication of how to activate it if so.
  • AMX's clip breaks the gimmick of the mode, broken on offense and defense. Makes for stagnant/random ball movement.
  • ^Possession is not a valid tie-breaking metric. Play until the Golden Goal is made, award a Draw, or Win to the first to score in regular time.
  • Daytime stadium anticlimactic/garish
  • Non-optional freeze frame Soccer Mode garage irritating
  • UI -- Inverting the Red = Enemy Team color scheme from Random Battles is genius. Lots of team trackin/damage/own goals when not Blue Team. Amazing. Markings on vehicles themselves not distinct enough visually as they ought to distinguish teams/colours.
  • Fundamentally inferior to actual Rocket League in every way, no style or substance
  • In the absence of extravagant rewards, zero incentive to play and adds insult to injury with the farcical penultimate week to the Champions League Final (which Buffon/Juve still could have been playing in) Buffon Crew missions. Not worth the time/credit/xp loss against standard battles.
  • Are your demographics aligned with those of Rocket League? We doubt it, and the possibility of expansion into it. Those bemoaning the mode/garage in the context of WII/ColdWar immersion aren't wrong. However, this would be highly appropriate to Console by the same token.

The only thing worse than 357 is 3:3. Outdone yourselves yet again.

Next time try 5:5, make the ball weightier, and aim for more futsal/team oriented play and you'll have something actually building on the core Rocket League gameplay idea. This isn't good enough (particularly on NA, where soccer isn't what it is in Europe even during the World Cup for which the USA failed to even qualify . . .)

Or you could always bring back the original Buffon Mission concurrently, for a reasonable amount of time for the casual to complete if you really were interested in buffeting Progetto sales. This is a long grindy hassle interfering with the core long grindy hassle of the base game. There's next to no incentive to attempt to get the Buffon crew (it is a full zero skill crew, right?) over, say, anything -- much less the current On Track missions.

Edited by facilegoose, Jun 14 2018 - 23:20.

mathieu0805 #24 Posted Jun 14 2018 - 23:28

Private

• Players
  • 40305 battles

OOO Well Feedback....

Worst ball physic of all the years I played it.

Its like the ball weight as much as the E100 shooting is side to create effect is useless.

Ramming the Ball useless now, shooting the ball with something else then the E100 its like nothing.

Look at my stats from years pass, I use to play it a lot that mode I would not play it this year.

its boring as #&! the ball take forever to change side of the map in the old one 3shot in a row from one side the ball was flying now its like shooting a 100Tone concrete ball boring.

I was so happy to get that mode back to try to do better then last time, :(

Heldar #25 Posted Jun 14 2018 - 23:33

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 30733 battles
  • [REL2] REL2
Its boring.   But the rewards are good enough i can play it.   Because I play video games to be bored.

Hjamnr #26 Posted Jun 15 2018 - 00:16

Private

• Players
  • 33849 battles
  • [-KFC-] -KFC-

Don't like the garage at all.  Please give the option to revert it to a normal one.  That includes the guy's pic in the lower right.

Also, don't give 3 whatevers about soccer.  Don't care bout it, don't want it forced down my throat during my recreation time.

Please let us make it go away, even if it's on an individual basis.

thandiflight #27 Posted Jun 15 2018 - 00:24

Major

• Players
  • 76786 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View PostGnomon, on Jun 14 2018 - 21:29, said:

Yes. The game mode. The rewards. The fact that most of the time the opposition spends its time shooting you rather than trying to shoot at the ball and score. The fact that if you have high ping you can't even get a shot at the ball most of the time. There is literally nothing to recommend this game-mode. Oh, and the garage is terrible too. Is that enough? Can we have Frontline back now? Please? Pretty please? Putin does not even like Soccer. 

pabear #28 Posted Jun 15 2018 - 00:49

Private

• Players
  • 43713 battles
  • [323RD] 323RD
let me know when it is over, absolutely cannot stand the garage, so guess I'm out for awhile.

Cmdr_Adama_BSG75 #29 Posted Jun 15 2018 - 00:55

Sergeant

• Players
  • 34979 battles
  • [HAL-X] HAL-X

My thoughts on Soccer Mode:

1. Its dumb

2. Its dumb

3. Its dumb

4. I like it because it takes a lot of the kiddies off the battlefields. 

DannyS76 #30 Posted Jun 15 2018 - 01:01

Corporal

• Players
  • 16807 battles
  • [_CIA_] _CIA_

I may try soccer. I didn't like it before, but I'll try again. NOW, about the garage... get rid of it please. Show mercy. I even lose my urge to play tanks seeing it.

Edited by DannyS76, Jun 15 2018 - 01:02.

ToothDecay #31 Posted Jun 15 2018 - 01:32

Major

• Players
  • 26203 battles
  • [NARC] NARC

View PostDannyS76, on Jun 14 2018 - 19:01, said:

I may try soccer. I didn't like it before, but I'll try again. NOW, about the garage... get rid of it please. Show mercy. I even lose my urge to play tanks seeing it.

^^^^^ this ^^^^

Blackhorse_One_ #32 Posted Jun 15 2018 - 02:42

Captain

• -Players-
  • 3223 battles
  • [HHT] HHT

View PostCmdr_Adama_BSG75, on Jun 14 2018 - 18:55, said:

I like it because it takes a lot of the kiddies off the battlefields.

Not enough ... :sceptic:

JohnnyO7 #33 Posted Jun 15 2018 - 03:56

Corporal

• Players
  • 11788 battles
  • [1CAR] 1CAR
Horrible, horrible, horrible. Bring back Frontlines asap please! Ball physics seem wrong and goes right "through" the tank at times and bounces other times. Firing seemed buggy to me, half the time I take a shot at the ball, my gun won't fire at all!!! Buggy, boring, a mess.

Buttknuckle #34 Posted Jun 15 2018 - 07:03

Major

• Players
  • 44937 battles
  • [GOONZ] GOONZ

Personally didn't enjoy the previous attempts at a soccer-type mode(s) so wasn't expecting much from this one.

I'm perplexed as to why you would introduce a limited time game mode that was drastically different than the actual game, and then offer incentives to people that can only be obtained by spending inordinate amounts of time in the special game mode. Its as though you are trying to convince your dwindling player base that they should do something other than play the actual tank game.

Best I can tell, the card collection missions require one to play a minimum of 15 games a day for 10 days. Really, 15 games a day? Doesnt leave much time for playing tanks. If i wanted to play vehicle soccer that much, I wouldn't pay for premium time in tanks and would be playing rocket league instead.

I'm not a soccer aficionado but aren't there penalties associated with intentionally injuring an opposing player? Track damage is way to frequent. Spending 3.5 minutes of a 7 minute match waiting for your track to repair is not my idea of entertainment. 

In case it hasn't been mentioned enough, the garage is really unappealing. The colors are garish and the tanks look more like plastic models than ever. An option to turn it off would be nice. 

The time frame seems excessively long as well. A month of having this shoved in my face will undoubtedly cause my playing time to decrease.

Edit: gave it another go today thinking perhaps I had a bad/unusual experience yesterday. Nope. Spent another game pretty much just watching my tracks get repaired. There needs to be some sort of penalty for constantly shooting players tracks. Maybe a like a ammo rack reload penalty if you choose to shoot a player rather than the ball. That way you have choice with consequences.

Edited by Buttknuckle, Jun 16 2018 - 06:40.

RECON_RANGER #35 Posted Jun 15 2018 - 11:51

Captain

• Players
  • 36980 battles

View PostGnomon, on Jun 14 2018 - 22:29, said:

YOU are one FUNNY guy!!!!!!  You are asking the players for feedback and you actually sound SINCERE!  That is one of the funniest things I have EVER HEARD!!  How long have you worked for WG?

If WG wanted feedback 3,5,7 MM would be changed to 5,5,5 so there's an equal chance of top, middle and bottom tier

If WG wanted feedback the 268-4 would have been nerfed in 3 weeks rather than 3 months (the most OP tank in the game)

If WG wanted feedback 3,5,7 MM would be changed to 5,5,5 so there's an equal chance of top, middle and bottom tier

If WG wanted feedback Erlenburg, Fjords, Steppes, Abbey, Ruinberg and Fisherman's Bay would be reverted to pre-1.0

If WG wanted feedback TANK REWARDS would return

If WG wanted feedback TOURNAMENTS would return

If WG wanted feedback CHAFFEE RACING would return at least once in 5 YEARS

If WG wanted feedback ARTY would be NERFED

If WG wanted feedback ARTY would be removed from FRONTLINE since there is already ARTY and AIR STRIKES

If WG wanted feedback premium ammo penetration values would be NERFED

If WG wanted feedback RNG for penetration values would be reduced

If WG wanted feedback the DEFENDER would have never been put on sale

If WG wanted feedback WG would stop selling preferential premium tanks, if WG says they are bad for MM

If WG wanted feedback WG would know that WG created 3,5,7 MM which has ruined preferential premium tanks

If WG wanted feedback WG would remove GRAND BATTLES until the 2 maps were improved

If WG wanted feedback WG would bring back Pearl River, Windstorm, Sacred Valley and Hidden Village

If WG wanted feedback the new version of Province would be removed NOW, not tomorrow, not in three months, NOW

Finally, if WG wanted feedback the ball in 2018 Soccer would be made heavier so you can dribble with it.  In the first soccer mode in 2014 I had a string of 6 wins in a row which was pretty good because AFK's were rampant and I was not a very good player back then.  In 2016 Soccer which I played non-stop I had 16 wins in a row and 27 HAT TRICKS.  I say this to show that I LOVED both modes, but 2018 Soccer is TERRIBLE mainly because it is 99% shooting and 1% dribbling (pushing or hitting the ball with your tank).  I was a very skilled Soccer player and I used to shoot the ball off the wall past an opponent and then drive around them and push the ball either in the goal or toward the net and then shoot it in, but 2018 Soccer takes far less skill as it's just all shooting.  Also, shooting the ball in sniper mode is very hard to hit.  You also can't put ENGLISH on this ball similar to in POOL.  I used to be able to SPIN the ball using ENGLISH or even pop it up in the air over a tank.  Lastly, an auto-loader was NOT needed.  I am disappointed with 2018 Soccer and probably not even play it for the missions since the rewards aren't that great.  I would like to get the personal rewards, but I quit RANDOM BATTLES after Frontline ended and until 3,5,7 MM is changed so I have no use for them.   

Edited by RECON_RANGER, Jun 15 2018 - 11:58.

Lesser_Spotted_Panzer #36 Posted Jun 15 2018 - 13:08

Major

• Players
  • 73452 battles

View Postfacilegoose, on Jun 14 2018 - 17:15, said:

• Ball Physics -- Vehicle impacts barely register/affect movement, and shooting is completely inadequate to ball control. Especially amazing trying to play goalie, or 'dribble' as an attacker on counter. Lots of farting around in the corner hoping a clearance sends it across the face of goal unpredictably. Passing nonexistent with AMX clips interrupting with burst fire.
  • Tracking -- Allies can do it to allies. The goal keeper can do it to strikers in the penalty area across the field. Permanent Track-locking makes it unplayable. Reverse offsides? Defender rounds should not ever register on opponents' (or allies) beyond the halfway line (or the ball for that matter.)
  • Does the E100 have a perk? There's no indication of how to activate it if so.
  • AMX's clip breaks the gimmick of the mode, broken on offense and defense. Makes for stagnant/random ball movement.
  • ^Possession is not a valid tie-breaking metric. Play until the Golden Goal is made, award a Draw, or Win to the first to score in regular time.
  • Daytime stadium anticlimactic/garish
  • Non-optional freeze frame Soccer Mode garage irritating
  • UI -- Inverting the Red = Enemy Team color scheme from Random Battles is genius. Lots of team trackin/damage/own goals when not Blue Team. Amazing. Markings on vehicles themselves not distinct enough visually as they ought to distinguish teams/colours.
  • Fundamentally inferior to actual Rocket League in every way, no style or substance
  • In the absence of extravagant rewards, zero incentive to play and adds insult to injury with the farcical penultimate week to the Champions League Final (which Buffon/Juve still could have been playing in) Buffon Crew missions. Not worth the time/credit/xp loss against standard battles.
  • Are your demographics aligned with those of Rocket League? We doubt it, and the possibility of expansion into it. Those bemoaning the mode/garage in the context of WII/ColdWar immersion aren't wrong. However, this would be highly appropriate to Console by the same token.

The only thing worse than 357 is 3:3. Outdone yourselves yet again.

Next time try 5:5, make the ball weightier, and aim for more futsal/team oriented play and you'll have something actually building on the core Rocket League gameplay idea. This isn't good enough (particularly on NA, where soccer isn't what it is in Europe even during the World Cup for which the USA failed to even qualify . . .)

Or you could always bring back the original Buffon Mission concurrently, for a reasonable amount of time for the casual to complete if you really were interested in buffeting Progetto sales. This is a long grindy hassle interfering with the core long grindy hassle of the base game. There's next to no incentive to attempt to get the Buffon crew (it is a full zero skill crew, right?) over, say, anything -- much less the current On Track missions.

I have to agree with a lot of these comments. Maybe I'm getting old, but I seem to remember the previous soccer mode played better than this. The difference is mainly in the ball mechanics. And constantly being tracked by the enemy goalie, while it is a good strat for his team, means the you are not going to have fun.

And then I got trapped inside the surrounding wall and could not get out - lol.

Sylvado #37 Posted Jun 15 2018 - 13:24

Major

• Players
  • 62439 battles
  • [LOAC] LOAC
Still wondering what the purpose of the XP reward is. I don't see where it can be used anywhere.

RolandTGunner #38 Posted Jun 15 2018 - 16:18

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 23012 battles

Rewards in this iteration hardly worth playing for.

Idiot goalie players who don't cover the goal...

And pretty much everything else that is wrong has already been said above.

Previous soccer mode was more fun.

Blackhorse_One_ #39 Posted Jun 15 2018 - 17:08

Captain

• -Players-
  • 3223 battles
  • [HHT] HHT

View PostRolandTGunner, on Jun 15 2018 - 10:18, said:

Idiot goalie players who don't cover the goal.

Previous soccer mode was more fun.

The goalie is an E100 ... and you expect nimble ?   :sceptic:

Previous was superior, IMO

rich73 #40 Posted Jun 15 2018 - 18:36

Major

• Players
  • 49041 battles
Was watching Rita and her experience in soccer and she aint happy.First thing I saw was ball going thru her tank as she tried to kik it.Another fail from WG that doesnt surprise me a bit.WG definitely has to do some staff changes ,starting at the top.Since Tank rewards left this game isnt worth the effort anymore.

Also tagged with soccer mode, feedback

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users