OMG! I am starting to act like my BF.

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

MissCreant #1 Posted Jun 14 2018 - 23:47

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 584 battles
  • [LEAFS] LEAFS

I have always chastised him for the swearing, the berating, the gnashing of teeth that happens often when he plays and I watch.

I started out fine but I have been heading his way.  I have found myself pulling my hair and, worse of all, doing some berating.

It is just so hard not to!  I mean, I want to help but they are beyond help.  I want to know what they were thinking when they acted like the did.  Did what they did.  I want to KNOW!!!  What were they thinking!??!?!?!  I find myself lashing back to barbs sent my way.

I didn't start out doing this!

This game! It is turning me into a jerk!

One thing though.  I know I shouldn't but I...just...HAVE TO!

Why do you go out in the open to shoot at an enemy tank who is OBVIOUSLY trying to draw you out so that the 598 people behind them can blow your dufus butt away!??

WHY?!  I know this wasn't your first time doing that...or your second...or your 189th...or your 1478th.

STOP DOING THAT!

This game is not rocket science!

Ok ok I am sorry.  :(

Scorpiany #2 Posted Jun 14 2018 - 23:52

Major

• Game Knowledge Expert
  • 32669 battles
  • [N1NJA] N1NJA
Some people don't learn... Ever. I used to get frustrated all the time by these folks, but I just focus on improving on my own gameplay and helping the team regardless of what they're doing. If I expect nothing, then (usually) I can't be disappointed.

sahmlockhart #3 Posted Jun 14 2018 - 23:54

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 39343 battles
i play arty

Almighty_Johnson #4 Posted Jun 14 2018 - 23:55

Captain

• -Players-
  • 21221 battles
  • [JOY] JOY

View Postsahmlockhart, on Jun 14 2018 - 17:54, said:

i play arty

LOL, +1

So do I.  And sneaky ninja TDs....

GenPanzer #5 Posted Jun 14 2018 - 23:57

Major

• Players
  • 38860 battles
Everyone plays for different reasons. Believe it or not, not everyone plays to win. It's really that simple.

dominator_98 #6 Posted Jun 14 2018 - 23:57

Major

• -Players-
  • 19321 battles
  • [NUFFS] NUFFS

Chat off, in game sound turned to the bare essentials, EDM playing in the background. Never spectate players after you die. The less involved in the game I am, the more fun I have. All I need is my minimap and my premium ammo, and if I punch out good damage, I’m happy.

After the last headset slammed into the keyboard, I’ve made an effort to become less attached to each match and avoid focusing on my team.

RF_Van #7 Posted Jun 14 2018 - 23:59

Captain

• Players
  • 10561 battles
lol...welcome to the club.

MissCreant #8 Posted Jun 15 2018 - 00:00

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 584 battles
  • [LEAFS] LEAFS

View Postdominator_98, on Jun 14 2018 - 23:57, said:

Chat off, in game sound turned to the bare essentials, EDM playing in the background. Never spectate players after you die. The less involved in the game I am, the more fun I have. All I need is my minimap and my premium ammo, and if I punch out good damage, I’m happy.

After the last headset slammed into the keyboard, I’ve made an effort to become less attached to each match and avoid focusing on my team.

I can't do that.  There have been good games.  One in particular we won because 2 others listened to me and we were organised and rushed 2 big time seal clubbers.  We made them look sick!

It was spectacular and I still have a high from that game.

However, you may be right if I get worse.

Edited by MissCreant, Jun 15 2018 - 00:02.

Drone157 #9 Posted Jun 15 2018 - 00:01

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 21107 battles
  • [GBOTS] GBOTS

A little thing called self consciousness, some people have it, many do not. It is the ability to recognize one’s mistakes, to accurately perform an assessment of one’s own abilities.

The individuals you are bewildered by, do not possess this, meaning they literally are incapable of seeing their own faults, even when pointed out by others. I used to get headaches (yes physical headaches) trying to come up with a reason they do some of the things we see.

Now I just sigh and laugh off the poor souls who refuse to learn from their mistakes. 

You’ll stop pulling your hair once you understand that, their is no reason, no thought process, and no constructive feedback from their actions and subsequent consequences. Have some pity for them and just leave them be.

Gothraul #10 Posted Jun 15 2018 - 00:03

Major

• -Players-
  • 2044 battles
Turned off the chat to reduce my own toxicity much less reading the excrement written by other players, then started taking breaks which has done a lot to mellow things out big time. Would do a lot to help overall should the win rate be optional or gone altogether. 

MissCreant #11 Posted Jun 15 2018 - 00:05

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 584 battles
  • [LEAFS] LEAFS

View PostDrone157, on Jun 15 2018 - 00:01, said:

A little thing called self consciousness, some people have it, many do not. It is the ability to recognize one’s mistakes, to accurately perform an assessment of one’s own abilities.

The individuals you are bewildered by, do not possess this, meaning they literally are incapable of seeing their own faults, even when pointed out by others. I used to get headaches (yes physical headaches) trying to come up with a reason they do some of the things we see.

Now I just sigh and laugh off the poor souls who refuse to learn from their mistakes. 

You’ll stop pulling your hair once you understand that, their is no reason, no thought process, and no constructive feedback from their actions and subsequent consequences. Have some pity for them and just leave them be.

Thank you.

BadgerAttitude_3 #12 Posted Jun 15 2018 - 00:07

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 82 battles

I bet he doesn't say OMG

;)

This game certainly pulls out the jerks in all of us......funny thing , even as a noob I complain about how people play, usually after I have been cooked

Nunya_000 #13 Posted Jun 15 2018 - 00:14

Major

• Players
  • 20993 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW
I grew up playing single player games. In fact, this game is the first multi-players game I have really played.  So, it is very easy to just not think of other players as being real people and see them as pretty much bots.  Bots do not care, will not learn, and will not listen......much like the players you are speaking about.

_Dreadnaught_ #14 Posted Jun 15 2018 - 00:18

Major

• Players
  • 34150 battles
ONE OF US! ONE OF US!

tonkmato #15 Posted Jun 15 2018 - 00:25

Captain

• Players
  • 14124 battles
  • [REL-A] REL-A

May be a new record. 500 games played, already hates pubbies. 

Just looked at your profile. 100 tier 1 battles, highest tier played is 4. You have way too high expectations for your teammates. Most of them are going to be new and bad.

Lethalhavoc #16 Posted Jun 15 2018 - 00:50

Major

• Players
  • 38720 battles

What happens is that when you start out, you're just having fun.

But after just a little while, you begin to understand the game and what to do in a battle.

A short time after that, others peoples play begins to make you upset, because they haven't learned even the basics.

At some point after that, watching other people on your team make terrible mistakes, grind on you.

A short time after that, you begin to assume that everyone on your team is a mouth breather and probably can't figure out how to even open a door let alone play tanks.

Then, you become what is known as a toxic player, as you will often spew anger towards your team members, before they've "earned" it.

The more you care about your stats, the more angry you become by incompetence.

You still have a low battle count, so it's not too late for you.

Just remember how you enjoyed the game when you started out, and hang on to it.

Say to hell with the stats (good stats only mark you for destruction via xvm anyways) and enjoy the battles for what they are.

Play for yourself and no one else!

Drone157 #17 Posted Jun 15 2018 - 00:59

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 21107 battles
  • [GBOTS] GBOTS

View PostLethalhavoc, on Jun 14 2018 - 18:50, said:

You still have a low battle count, so it's not too late for you.

Just remember how you enjoyed the game when you started out, and hang on to it.

Say to hell with the stats (good stats only mark you for destruction via xvm anyways) and enjoy the battles for what they are.

Play for yourself and no one else!

Sorry, but some people enjoy the concept of improvement, which is tracked by stats. It’s perfectly possible to play well, increase your stats, and dtill remain a decent human being.

Stats and Xvm aren’t the issue, it’s toxic players (both good players and bad) trying to use statistics to bully others.

You yourself have just referred to every player who cares about their stats as angry and toxic. That’s the same as people calling those who say stats don’t matter airheads and waste of space.

now who’s the toxic one?

Merc_Scar #18 Posted Jun 15 2018 - 01:14

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16233 battles
Introducing the SRK, guaranteed to work.

Recommended for only up to, but not limited to, three uses a day.

Money back not guaranteed.

Nudnick #19 Posted Jun 15 2018 - 01:23

Major

• -Players-
  • 23929 battles
That was probably me. If I get a phone call or whatever during a battle I'll just drive in front of a TD or something rather than go afk. It doesn't matter, it's only pixels.

Lethalhavoc #20 Posted Jun 15 2018 - 01:26

Major

• Players
  • 38720 battles

View PostDrone157, on Jun 14 2018 - 16:59, said:

Sorry, but some people enjoy the concept of improvement, which is tracked by stats. It’s perfectly possible to play well, increase your stats, and dtill remain a decent human being.

Stats and Xvm aren’t the issue, it’s toxic players (both good players and bad) trying to use statistics to bully others.

You yourself have just referred to every player who cares about their stats as angry and toxic. That’s the same as people calling those who say stats don’t matter airheads and waste of space.

now who’s the toxic one?

Did i ever say i wasn't toxic?

Did i imply that i had a low enough battle count to still remember why i enjoyed the game?

From my experience, i have never seen a player who lets bad play from team members slide off their backs, without some kind of comment, either in chat or a swear in real life.

If you are one of the few who are able to do that, then all the power to you!

But, my statement still stands.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users