Jump to content


Survey: What's your ideal tournament?

survey tournament

  • Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

ShishkinNikolay1145th #21 Posted Jun 18 2018 - 05:39

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 26301 battles
  • 85
  • Member since:
    11-05-2014
Love it wargaming when the same player won both tourney this weekend aka former WGNLA player

n00bfarmer #22 Posted Jun 18 2018 - 12:15

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 21 battles
  • 843
  • Member since:
    12-14-2017
I had a lot of fun in the old tournaments where they had 1v1, 3v3 and 5v5 teams. The 1v1 were particularly fun and they had them at all tiers. There was even a 1v1 arty tournament in there one time that I played in and I don't play arty. I went shot gun mode and loaded all heat ammo (back when arty had that) and sneaked in and shot gunned most of my opponents and ended up with 1st place. Have it so you can have spare players on the team based ones because there was almost always one person that couldn't make it so the spare could fill in. The gold winnings were still the same with spares or not so please don't cheap out and say that having spares will make everyone get less gold due to it being spread out over more players. In the old tournaments, everyone got the same gold with spares or not.

xtc4 #23 Posted Jun 18 2018 - 14:39

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 24383 battles
  • 725
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X
  • Member since:
    01-31-2013

Thanks for taking feedback! I am a little worried that a survey like this will result in the idea that there is one best tournament or one tournament that players want. For me, variety is best. I like different tiers, numbers of players, tank combos, maps, lengths, modes, etc. etc. I even like really weird stuff occasionally. (How about 3 arties v. 3 arties for April Fool's Day?) I like the challenge of having to think through something new and different.

 

Sure, when a particular format really clicks, you should bring it back regularly. But variety is the spice of life.



zuquizu #24 Posted Jun 18 2018 - 18:41

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 14671 battles
  • 166
  • [AZTKZ] AZTKZ
  • Member since:
    02-23-2015
The best tournament? just mirror the tournaments of EUR region

Tanks__ #25 Posted Jun 18 2018 - 18:46

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 32160 battles
  • 132
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
  • Member since:
    09-12-2011

View Postzuquizu, on Jun 18 2018 - 09:41, said:

The best tournament? just mirror the tournaments of EUR region

 

Or they could see what players want so they can make NA tournaments better than EU

Jambijon #26 Posted Jun 18 2018 - 21:00

    Community Coordinator

  • Administrator
  • 3004 battles
  • 203
  • [WGA] WGA
  • Member since:
    07-02-2014

View Postxtc4, on Jun 18 2018 - 13:39, said:

Thanks for taking feedback! I am a little worried that a survey like this will result in the idea that there is one best tournament or one tournament that players want. For me, variety is best. I like different tiers, numbers of players, tank combos, maps, lengths, modes, etc. etc. I even like really weird stuff occasionally. (How about 3 arties v. 3 arties for April Fool's Day?) I like the challenge of having to think through something new and different.

 

Sure, when a particular format really clicks, you should bring it back regularly. But variety is the spice of life.

 

This is just to get a better, but general idea of what you want to see from tournaments.  As you may have seen the survey is not very in-depth but gives us a better idea of what we can do with the functionality we have available to us.  I do agree with you on variety!  I would love to do some whacky tournaments in the future as well as have a more identified schedule for tournaments that could be reoccurring. 

 

I appreciate everyone for the feedback and sending me those surveys.  It might be small but it does help! 



TWKII #27 Posted Jun 18 2018 - 21:24

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 18997 battles
  • 23
  • [KIHA] KIHA
  • Member since:
    09-16-2012

KARL! :izmena:

5 vs 5 to a 10 vs 10



pickpocket293 #28 Posted Jun 18 2018 - 21:57

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 27716 battles
  • 929
  • [FD_UP] FD_UP
  • Member since:
    05-14-2015

I filled out the survey-- one thing I'm really hoping for is variation as far as tournament tiers. Tier 9 is my personal favorite tier, and it's where there are a lot of really great, nuanced, balanced tanks. It seems like having tier 9 tournaments would be fun.

 

 

Also, a couple creative ideas (that may be difficult or impossible to implement, but whatever):

 

  1. 3-5 players per team, no duplicate tanks, all tanks on a team must be of the same nation or nation group (for instance, perhaps Italy, Sweden and Japan are one group because they have less lines in each of their trees).
  2. 3-5 players per team, each team member readies up 2-3 tanks and the tank that is brought into battle is randomly chosen from the 2-3 that are readied up.

 

What I'm going for here is to create some variation so that tournaments don't devolve into "who has the most _________ tank which is ideal for this map". Variation in parameters get complicated, but it forces people out of the "best in slot" tank for a given map/strategy. 



ayatola_of_rock_n_rola #29 Posted Jun 18 2018 - 23:11

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 45906 battles
  • 45
  • [FD_UP] FD_UP
  • Member since:
    09-27-2011
I enjoyed the tournaments that made teams mix up the comp,  i.e. 4 v 4 all mediums but only one from any nation, all tanks from one nation, etc. Those were interesting, made teams think about what each tank brought to the battle.

Anublister #30 Posted Jun 18 2018 - 23:14

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 63702 battles
  • 540
  • [--T--] --T--
  • Member since:
    05-26-2013

You posters didn't type these suggestions in that last space left for them in the survey, or you want more attention?

 

One thing I didn't type in the survey is that I'd like the chance to participate in tourneys usually closed to me because my clan is too small. Let me join as a mercenary. If it's a multi-day tourney, reward or penalize me for what I do or not. Even when my clan was bigger it was hard to get members to commit to showing up for even a weekend 3 day event. (yes I probably would do better looking for a clan that actively participates in these, but it's better to rule in hell...). Still, if you don't want to I won't lose any sleep over it.

 

Let Mercenary groups stage a landing/attack in clan wars. Winning gives loot, not territory. (think pirate/viking raid), open only to non seated players (e.g. If you're in a clan that has territory or set up to get it you can't participate, the idea here is decentralized raiding, not exploitative decoying tactics.)  



TheTinCan_ #31 Posted Jun 19 2018 - 00:21

    Private

  • Players
  • 10221 battles
  • 1
  • Member since:
    01-31-2014
Wondering why Mountain Time was excluded from the Timezone question?  Nothing like feeling left out.  Timezone discrimination?  :P 

Jackal58 #32 Posted Jun 19 2018 - 01:15

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 86525 battles
  • 17
  • [COPS] COPS
  • Member since:
    06-19-2013

Just bring them back already.

 



JNUT27 #33 Posted Jun 19 2018 - 02:11

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 38882 battles
  • 35
  • [4HIM] 4HIM
  • Member since:
    12-17-2014
Variety, Variety, Variety, Unique, Any type of Tournament is better than nothing, which is pretty much what we have been having.  

Morbid_ #34 Posted Jun 19 2018 - 02:17

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 8829 battles
  • 510
  • [-G-] -G-
  • Member since:
    10-16-2014

I could write a whole couple pages on the ideal tournament. However i won't.

 

Make tanks great again!. 

 

Just bring back the tournaments from 2013-2017. Case solved!

 


Edited by charleszarkley1995, Jun 19 2018 - 02:18.


dominator_98 #35 Posted Jun 19 2018 - 02:35

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 19896 battles
  • 3,479
  • [NUFFS] NUFFS
  • Member since:
    12-08-2014

View PostAnublister, on Jun 18 2018 - 16:14, said:

You posters didn't type these suggestions in that last space left for them in the survey, or you want more attention?

 

One thing I didn't type in the survey is that I'd like the chance to participate in tourneys usually closed to me because my clan is too small. Let me join as a mercenary. If it's a multi-day tourney, reward or penalize me for what I do or not. Even when my clan was bigger it was hard to get members to commit to showing up for even a weekend 3 day event. (yes I probably would do better looking for a clan that actively participates in these, but it's better to rule in hell...). Still, if you don't want to I won't lose any sleep over it.

 

Let Mercenary groups stage a landing/attack in clan wars. Winning gives loot, not territory. (think pirate/viking raid), open only to non seated players (e.g. If you're in a clan that has territory or set up to get it you can't participate, the idea here is decentralized raiding, not exploitative decoying tactics.)  

 

Competitive clan play is for competitive clans. Building and managing a competitive clan is part of the challenge. Also, with a team of 15 random members, you won't have the coordination or familiar strategy that clanmates have, so you'd have a harder time winning. Honestly, the only reason to be in charge of a tiny clan is because you feel the need to be the boss, and if you can't set that aside to play clanwars and tournaments, you don't need to play them.

 

Personally, I got addicted to the 40-50% credit boosts competitive clans get and I'll never be going back.



johnizda1 #36 Posted Jun 19 2018 - 03:03

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 30886 battles
  • 16
  • Member since:
    01-01-2014
a way to not have un show up byes  dq the no show up.    lateeee to bad

Argument777 #37 Posted Jun 19 2018 - 03:55

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 55484 battles
  • 46
  • [VOLGA] VOLGA
  • Member since:
    09-19-2012

I'd like to see tournaments:

1vs1 - tiers from 2-10 (each week/day only one tier)

3vs3 - tiers from 2-10 (each week/day only one tier)

5vs5 - tiers from 2-10 (each week/day only one tier)

Once a month a tournament dedicated to one nation (for example France, Germany, USA etc.). All tanks must be French.

Once a month a tournament dedicated to one type of tanks (HT, LT, TD, etc.). For example: tournament only for heavies  (LT, TD, etc.).

Tournaments for mixed nations. All tanks must be from different nations (for example: 3vs3 = 1 tank from France + 1 tank from Germany = 1 tank from USA).

Tournaments for mixed vehicles. All tanks must be different type. (for example: 3vs3 = 1 tank Heavy + 1 tank Light = 1 tank TD).

Perfect maps for tournaments are: for 1vs1, 3vs3 - Province, Mines

5vs5 - Province, Himmelsdorf, Ruinberg.

For all tournaments Attack/Defense mode.

 



Tanks__ #38 Posted Jun 19 2018 - 04:08

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 32160 battles
  • 132
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
  • Member since:
    09-12-2011

View PostArgument777, on Jun 18 2018 - 18:55, said:

I'd like to see tournaments:

1vs1 - tiers from 2-10 (each week/day only one tier)

3vs3 - tiers from 2-10 (each week/day only one tier)

5vs5 - tiers from 2-10 (each week/day only one tier)

Once a month a tournament dedicated to one nation (for example France, Germany, USA etc.). All tanks must be French.

Once a month a tournament dedicated to one type of tanks (HT, LT, TD, etc.). For example: tournament only for heavies  (LT, TD, etc.).

Tournaments for mixed nations. All tanks must be from different nations (for example: 3vs3 = 1 tank from France + 1 tank from Germany = 1 tank from USA).

Tournaments for mixed vehicles. All tanks must be different type. (for example: 3vs3 = 1 tank Heavy + 1 tank Light = 1 tank TD).

Perfect maps for tournaments are: for 1vs1, 3vs3 - Province, Mines

5vs5 - Province, Himmelsdorf, Ruinberg.

For all tournaments Attack/Defense mode.

 

 

Only thing I disagree with is Province, it would be a terrible map and doesnt have attack/defense mode

Fulcrous #39 Posted Jun 19 2018 - 05:42

    Major

  • WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 31270 battles
  • 4,329
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
  • Member since:
    07-27-2012
WGL maps 5v5 A/D. While it doesn't truly adhere to the WGL format, it would be close enough to allow people practice AND experience for the format should it ever be revived.

mando_fresh #40 Posted Jun 19 2018 - 13:53

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 7759 battles
  • 14
  • [ARKAM] ARKAM
  • Member since:
    04-12-2013

View PostTanks__, on Jun 16 2018 - 16:29, said:

 

I always hated encounter in tourneys simply because of how long it takes to cap win, attack/defense is the way to go in team tournaments imo as long as they find a good way of figuring out who gets defense in the tie breaker game

 

Atk/Def would be cool. Best of 5, and you'd alternate between Atk and Defending.







Also tagged with survey, tournament

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users