Steyr WT Premium Tank not correctly aiming.

28 replies to this topic

UrAnnoying #1 Posted Jun 18 2018 - 02:27

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 9114 battles
When I play my Steyr WT Tier 7 tank and aim down the sights, it gives me the availability to shoot further down than I am able to do, then seconds later as I aim at an enemy tank, it jerks my aiming up. Note I am stationary when this happens, so it is not forward momentum. When I feel I have the depression to hit a tank while being on a elevation, it gives me bad input as where I can actually shoot. Also when it jerks my aim around I feel its not a natural motion, its jagged in its movement like running a pencil over a serrated knife. This happens every time I enable my aim. At first while playing the tank I got used to the tanks bad depression, or none of it, but now I have this issue with the game providing me bad input as what I am able to shoot at. One time while playing I was positioned flat and scanning horizontally, as soon as my aim came to a mountain in the distance, it would jerk up along with the shape of the mountain. Why is this happening to my game? Could someone reassure me that wargaming company has policies against harassment of their players.

UrAnnoying #2 Posted Jun 18 2018 - 02:35

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 9114 battles
Just jumped into another game with it, and anywhere aiming towards the enemy it jerks my aim up and not in-line with the tanks, but if I aimed away from the enemy tanks it would give me a correct aim and be able to shoot further down. The action is not smooth either the aiming adjusts itself in a square movement. If customer support reads this I want my money back for that tank.

Blackhorse_One_ #3 Posted Jun 18 2018 - 02:36

Captain

• -Players-
  • 6307 battles
  • [HHT] HHT

Driver and RO head-boxes interrupt your level traverse and raise the gun as it passes over those boxes ....

You can aim direct front and get maximum gun depression, or you can angle your hull and lay the gun a bit off to the right or left of each side's fender.

(actually, as I think about it, the Steyr's maximum gun depression might actually occur when aiming off the sides, and not Direct Front - sorry, it's been a while since I played it)

M85 machinegun in the TC's cupola on M60, A1, and A3 works the same way, via an interrupter, or "skip" bar, to prevent the .50 cal from damaging the searchlight, bore evacuator, and main gun tube.

Edited by Blackhorse_One_, Jun 18 2018 - 07:48.

UrAnnoying #4 Posted Jun 18 2018 - 02:37

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 9114 battles
No obstacles are in my los to the target, this happens every time I aim at a target. 

GeorgePreddy #5 Posted Jun 18 2018 - 02:41

Major

• Players
  • 14680 battles

The obstacles told to you by Blackhorse are ON YOUR TANK... you will not see them thru aim view.

UrAnnoying #6 Posted Jun 18 2018 - 02:43

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 9114 battles
Or do you mean the ports on my tank itself that the driver uses to see out of? I actually didn't think of that could be the reason, but when I first aim out to target something, I have the ability to aim down enough to the target on level flat land with the elevation being the same. The camera and the gun itself after 1-2 seconds, snaps my aim up so I have less depression than aiming straight. It quite literally forces me to aim up. I can see the environment in your studio where you implement changes like those.

UrAnnoying #7 Posted Jun 18 2018 - 02:44

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 9114 battles
BTW I wrote that long before I was able to read the post from PreddyGeorge. The aim is being altered.

Blackhorse_One_ #8 Posted Jun 18 2018 - 02:44

Captain

• -Players-
  • 6307 battles
  • [HHT] HHT

View PostUrAnnoying, on Jun 17 2018 - 20:43, said:

Or do you mean the ports on my tank itself that the driver uses to see out of? I actually didn't think of that could be the reason, but when I first aim out to target something, I have the ability to aim down enough to the target on level flat land with the elevation being the same. The camera and the gun itself after 1-2 seconds, snaps my aim up so I have less depression than aiming straight. It quite literally forces me to aim up. I can see the environment in your studio where you implement changes like those.

Dunno ....

Send a ticket to CS

Highly doubt that you'll get your money back - what you describe might simply be a bug on the Styer - which will get a priority fix sooner than most other things.

Edited by Blackhorse_One_, Jun 18 2018 - 02:49.

UrAnnoying #9 Posted Jun 18 2018 - 02:50

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 9114 battles
Honestly with the issues I have had with this company, posting it on the forums so public can read it, would be better than if wargaming would just brush it off to the side. Whistle-blowing corruption is a much better path, than walking up to the source, and asking "Can I have another?"

UrAnnoying #10 Posted Jun 18 2018 - 02:55

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 9114 battles

I guess that would explain the flat desert dirt sandbox they had the tank in, while doing the editing on the tanks code.

"Don't give in, Always fight the MM! It is wrong, man-i-pul-ated, altered by many"

Edited by UrAnnoying, Jun 18 2018 - 02:56.

Blackhorse_One_ #11 Posted Jun 18 2018 - 02:58

Captain

• -Players-
  • 6307 battles
  • [HHT] HHT

View PostUrAnnoying, on Jun 17 2018 - 20:50, said:

Honestly with the issues I have had with this company, posting it on the forums so public can read it, would be better than if wargaming would just brush it off to the side. Whistle-blowing corruption is a much better path, than walking up to the source, and asking "Can I have another?"

That sounds a might criminal to me, but ooookay then - I'm outta here ...

Edited by Blackhorse_One_, Jun 18 2018 - 03:35.

ArmorStorm #12 Posted Jun 18 2018 - 02:59

Major

• Players
  • 37195 battles
  • [F__R] F__R
I'm not sure here, but are you talking about the server reticle?  On long shots the server reticle will hang below your aiming pointer until you sight onto a tank sometimes.

AndrewSledge #13 Posted Jun 18 2018 - 03:01

Captain

• -Players-
  • 35803 battles
  • [1_FFD] 1_FFD

I'm guessing this only happens when aiming at ridge lines? If so, it's a feature where the gun is automatically compensating for the shell drop over distance. When you are aiming at something with ground behind it, you won't see it happen, but if you are aiming above a ridgeline with the sky behind the reticle, you will notice the reticle 'jump' when it's aimed at a tank, vs when the tank has moved, but your aim hasn't changed.

See this video for an explanation. It's a feature, not a bug.

UrAnnoying #14 Posted Jun 18 2018 - 03:02

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 9114 battles
Honesty, is much better than lying and living in a lie. If wargaming does appreciate it, they would perma-ban a good number of players on the mm system. Bugs being drawn into their system is a good sign of it also. I am also very happy.

ArmorStorm #15 Posted Jun 18 2018 - 03:08

Major

• Players
  • 37195 battles
  • [F__R] F__R

View PostUrAnnoying, on Jun 17 2018 - 20:02, said:

Honesty, is much better than lying and living in a lie. If wargaming does appreciate it, they would perma-ban a good number of players on the mm system. Bugs being drawn into their system is a good sign of it also. I am also very happy.

I'm not following you here.  Banning players on the MM system?  What do you mean by that?

UrAnnoying #16 Posted Jun 18 2018 - 03:08

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 9114 battles
This is happening with ground behind it, shooting with the tank sitting with ample elevation to shoot down on tanks, the aim and reticule, alters its aim viciously like tearing away from the mouses normal movements, that are smooth, and places the aim say 1-2 inches above where it is able to shoot. It does happen more often when a tank is near an elevation like side scraping a cliff or a hill. but none of those times was I shooting up at a tank or with them silhouetted by the sky. The camera and aim itself is being altered, quite literally by a unnatural force. I really do hope it is just some bug with the tank.  

AndrewSledge #17 Posted Jun 18 2018 - 03:10

Captain

• -Players-
  • 35803 battles
  • [1_FFD] 1_FFD
I'll go play my Steyr WT and see if I notice the issue. If you can, post a replay to http://wotreplays.eu and post the link here, so we can see what's going on.

UrAnnoying #18 Posted Jun 18 2018 - 03:21

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 9114 battles

Government's keep tabs on activist and people of interest. Since 9/11 it gave them all sorts of reasons to snoop; spy; harass; deport; and do things the government should not be allowed to do. Biggest issue with such large resources, are the hatred they have. MM is being altered by all the various branches in the government who conduct spying. Their actions can alter a persons enjoyment in the game itself. It can alter the outcome of a match, and even by the assumption of the makeup of those names; by example ('yourmomsrealfirstandlastname'isabi*ch) it would piss anyone off. Even send someone to the salad bar for a snack.

Back to the topic, the tank needs to be looked at by someone who fixes bugs in their software, I can recall multiple times when wargaming's file servers have been compromised. 

Edited by UrAnnoying, Jun 18 2018 - 03:36.

UrAnnoying #19 Posted Jun 18 2018 - 03:24

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 9114 battles

At this moment now, I need to take a break from the game. Because while I have these thoughts floating in my mind I don't need any more aggravation from it.

"thats a good quote to say" "help" especially since I am the very single most finest and influential one out of anyone in the world, who has been by those that would cause question to even humanity's existence. It comes and goes, and passes. But with you every single step I take reminding me, in each day I try, its hard to just let them pass. At that age, nothing like that should ever happen.

Edited by UrAnnoying, Jun 18 2018 - 03:34.

Blackhorse_One_ #20 Posted Jun 18 2018 - 03:34

Captain

• -Players-
  • 6307 battles
  • [HHT] HHT
Time to take your pills ... :sceptic:

Edited by Blackhorse_One_, Jun 18 2018 - 04:51.

Reply to this topic

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users