Jump to content


Friday Night Fights! 6/22-6/23


  • Please log in to reply
179 replies to this topic

creamcaramel #121 Posted Jun 23 2018 - 04:01

    Private

  • -Players-
  • 27993 battles
  • 3
  • [GLHF] GLHF
  • Member since:
    03-03-2016
Que den los 10000 de oro !!!! 2 HORAS ESPERANDO !!! Que paso???

PM_Loves_Hoarce #122 Posted Jun 23 2018 - 04:02

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 19316 battles
  • 338
  • [SUX] SUX
  • Member since:
    01-15-2013

So no compensation other than 64th place prize and some boosters for the 800 gold I spent retraining a crew, the credits on equipment, and the complete waste of my time? 

Awesome



maximizeme #123 Posted Jun 23 2018 - 04:06

    Private

  • Players
  • 17669 battles
  • 6
  • [PZB] PZB
  • Member since:
    11-22-2012

View PostDomoSapien, on Jun 23 2018 - 02:44, said:

 

That hurts, man. :( Guess I kinda deserved it, though.

 

Nah fam, the community is obviously excited about tourneys coming back and some people just need to understand this is all new to you guys... There will be problems with the first few until you guys work out the kinks and get used to it! Good luck, I'm just happy tourneys are back!

pOPE_oF_dOPE_714 #124 Posted Jun 23 2018 - 04:09

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 32689 battles
  • 37
  • [XFOGX] XFOGX
  • Member since:
    10-29-2013
craphappens, I know you tried. Thanks for the gold!

DomoSapien #125 Posted Jun 23 2018 - 04:10

    Community Coordinator

  • Administrator
  • 14722 battles
  • 1,094
  • [WGA] WGA
  • Member since:
    12-28-2012

View PostPM______OmegaMungBean, on Jun 22 2018 - 21:02, said:

So no compensation other than 64th place prize and some boosters for the 800 gold I spent retraining a crew, the credits on equipment, and the complete waste of my time? 

Awesome

 

Well, making promises I can't keep may very well result in me losing my job, so as much as I'd like to be Tank Oprah and start throwing Gold at people, I'm afraid I can't do that. Jambi and I are going into the office tomorrow morning to put in some overtime and make sure this doesn't happen with tomorrow's 5v5.

We're also going to float the idea of re-doing the tournament on Sunday, so please don't sharpen your pitchfork quite yet. We put in the fight to get tournaments back in the first place, and we're going to try to take care of you guys.

Silver lining (or bronze, I guess, in this case) is that we plan on having much more tournaments in the coming weeks. It's not the first tournament and it's definitely not the last.

liamcraig1245 #126 Posted Jun 23 2018 - 04:21

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 33730 battles
  • 692
  • [OTTER] OTTER
  • Member since:
    02-23-2011

View Postchambax, on Jun 23 2018 - 03:50, said:

 

1000? I we deserve the 10000, I'm going to create a ticket about this. Gimme my gold or forget about my wallet for ever.

 

Kurl Benks will just give you a copy and paste response telling you to go pound sand.

CakeEater #127 Posted Jun 23 2018 - 04:27

    Private

  • Players
  • 39469 battles
  • 3
  • [LEPEW] LEPEW
  • Member since:
    08-19-2013
All good, maybe next time.

Edited by CakeEater, Jun 23 2018 - 14:22.


Boddingtons #128 Posted Jun 23 2018 - 04:28

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 117 battles
  • 64
  • Member since:
    03-17-2013

View PostCakeEater, on Jun 23 2018 - 04:27, said:

2nd round going to start?

 

nope

maximizeme #129 Posted Jun 23 2018 - 04:32

    Private

  • Players
  • 17669 battles
  • 6
  • [PZB] PZB
  • Member since:
    11-22-2012

View PostDomoSapien, on Jun 23 2018 - 03:10, said:

 

Well, making promises I can't keep may very well result in me losing my job, so as much as I'd like to be Tank Oprah and start throwing Gold at people, I'm afraid I can't do that. Jambi and I are going into the office tomorrow morning to put in some overtime and make sure this doesn't happen with tomorrow's 5v5.

We're also going to float the idea of re-doing the tournament on Sunday, so please don't sharpen your pitchfork quite yet. We put in the fight to get tournaments back in the first place, and we're going to try to take care of you guys.

Silver lining (or bronze, I guess, in this case) is that we plan on having much more tournaments in the coming weeks. It's not the first tournament and it's definitely not the last.

 

You should definitely float the idea of making a new tournament for Sunday but maybe with new teams? I know that a few of my teammates most likely won't be able to make it

 



0bi1Kenobi #130 Posted Jun 23 2018 - 04:36

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 56673 battles
  • 25
  • Member since:
    04-16-2012

View PostDomoSapien, on Jun 23 2018 - 04:10, said:

 

Well, making promises I can't keep may very well result in me losing my job, so as much as I'd like to be Tank Oprah and start throwing Gold at people, I'm afraid I can't do that. Jambi and I are going into the office tomorrow morning to put in some overtime and make sure this doesn't happen with tomorrow's 5v5.

We're also going to float the idea of re-doing the tournament on Sunday, so please don't sharpen your pitchfork quite yet. We put in the fight to get tournaments back in the first place, and we're going to try to take care of you guys.

Silver lining (or bronze, I guess, in this case) is that we plan on having much more tournaments in the coming weeks. It's not the first tournament and it's definitely not the last.

if you do ask us to re-do the tournament on any other day, that would be beneficial for whichever team is lucky enough to face us, because my team will be unable to show to the *friday* night fights if they take place on a different day



Sully83 #131 Posted Jun 23 2018 - 04:49

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 44503 battles
  • 269
  • [3ITSA] 3ITSA
  • Member since:
    08-19-2013

View PostDomoSapien, on Jun 22 2018 - 19:32, said:

Okay folks, I'm going to call it. We're going to cancel tonight's tournament due to technical issues.

Everyone will be receiving our standard compensation for technical issues, which is 2x 1 hour 50% Credit boosts, however I will do my best to get approval to sweeten those boosters a little bit, considering the circumstances.

All teams that advanced to the "best of 64" round will be receiving the prize for 33rd - 64th place of 1,000 Gold. 

Again, really sorry for the inconvenience and frustration. Not sure why the tournament system just *refuses* to cooperate, but we're going to triple-check and make sure that tomorrow's tournament doesn't experience the same issues.

 

 

So what happened with the tourny, was all messed up for us, no notifications like the old days, and when it did finally pop up, had like a 3min window, or less, just made it in the first game, won , and than waiting for second match to come up, and still nothing, till i came here and seen this message, think we would be getting a little more than a couple credit boosters, really hoping you get that deal sweetened for sure, 

BOT_Xen #132 Posted Jun 23 2018 - 05:41

    Major

  • Players
  • 38179 battles
  • 5,093
  • [SUX] SUX
  • Member since:
    04-15-2012

View PostSully83, on Jun 22 2018 - 19:49, said:

 

So what happened with the tourny, was all messed up for us, no notifications like the old days, and when it did finally pop up, had like a 3min window, or less, just made it in the first game, won , and than waiting for second match to come up, and still nothing, till i came here and seen this message, think we would be getting a little more than a couple credit boosters, really hoping you get that deal sweetened for sure, 

 

Can you not read? Try actually taking some time out of your day to do something correctly. Let me help you find that missing brain cell.

 

  • They are going to try and better the compensation.
  • the tournament software\tool that is used is inadequate.
  • This is their second ( iirc? ) tournament that they have organized. 

 

 



Palomo_San___0_0ll #133 Posted Jun 23 2018 - 06:28

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 11340 battles
  • 1,582
  • Member since:
    12-21-2016

View PostDomoSapien, on Jun 23 2018 - 11:32, said:

Okay folks, I'm going to call it. We're going to cancel tonight's tournament due to technical issues.

Everyone will be receiving our standard compensation for technical issues, which is 2x 1 hour 50% Credit boosts, however I will do my best to get approval to sweeten those boosters a little bit, considering the circumstances.

All teams that advanced to the "best of 64" round will be receiving the prize for 33rd - 64th place of 1,000 Gold. 

Again, really sorry for the inconvenience and frustration. Not sure why the tournament system just *refuses* to cooperate, but we're going to triple-check and make sure that tomorrow's tournament doesn't experience the same issues.

 

 

1k per player.

_Zero___ #134 Posted Jun 23 2018 - 13:54

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 50882 battles
  • 287
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
  • Member since:
    10-21-2014

View PostDomoSapien, on Jun 23 2018 - 03:44, said:

 

That hurts, man. :( Guess I kinda deserved it, though.

 

You are doing your best. I can't imagine having to work with a system like  that. All the best on figuring it out :)

 



WaKm0L3 #135 Posted Jun 23 2018 - 14:13

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 32317 battles
  • 31
  • [WILDH] WILDH
  • Member since:
    05-25-2013

View PostDomoSapien, on Jun 23 2018 - 03:10, said:

 

Well, making promises I can't keep may very well result in me losing my job, so as much as I'd like to be Tank Oprah and start throwing Gold at people, I'm afraid I can't do that. Jambi and I are going into the office tomorrow morning to put in some overtime and make sure this doesn't happen with tomorrow's 5v5.

We're also going to float the idea of re-doing the tournament on Sunday, so please don't sharpen your pitchfork quite yet. We put in the fight to get tournaments back in the first place, and we're going to try to take care of you guys.

Silver lining (or bronze, I guess, in this case) is that we plan on having much more tournaments in the coming weeks. It's not the first tournament and it's definitely not the last.

 

Muy bien. Entendemos que con el re lanzamiento de los torneos tienen que hacer pruebas y puede haber problemas tecnicos, por mi parte estoy contento con el regreso de los torneos.... ahora hay que tener paciencia y ver que todo fluya mejor.  Thx for the info @DomoSapien. good luck and keep going! H.A.N.D.

iskter #136 Posted Jun 23 2018 - 14:59

    Private

  • Players
  • 77282 battles
  • 3
  • Member since:
    06-24-2011

it would be fair to consider everything as having passed into the next phase.
1000's of gold is just paying us for the work we did

 



iskter #137 Posted Jun 23 2018 - 15:00

    Private

  • Players
  • 77282 battles
  • 3
  • Member since:
    06-24-2011
but we recognize that stealing is the nature of the war game

MadGpa #138 Posted Jun 23 2018 - 17:36

    Private

  • -Players-
  • 23626 battles
  • 5
  • [T57] T57
  • Member since:
    08-16-2014
We waited for 2hrs last night and the tourney never came up, talked to other players and they had the same issue. After some time another player informed us the tournament had been cancelled. What a waste of time. Is this going to happen today as well? Thanks. Opps I missed the reply above.

Edited by MadGpa, Jun 23 2018 - 17:43.


Skipstar #139 Posted Jun 23 2018 - 18:43

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 33805 battles
  • 143
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
  • Member since:
    09-12-2011

View PostSully83, on Jun 23 2018 - 09:34, said:

 

Listen to this fn goof, chirp away cack breath, #1 clan, with its salty [edited]wallet warrior b1tch players,pull the sand out of your vag, quit trolling, and get the fack out of momma's basement, was siting in game for hours waiting for second round to start, come on forum after saying fack it, and seen his post, was commenting about the glitches and lack of in game warnings, miss the old tournaments, only brain cells lost were your mothers for not swallowing your [edited]goof, keep removing my posts, give me some more warnings, [edited]like this [edited] ^ that can talk all the crap they want just cause the goof somehow sucked cack all the way to the #1 clan, keep favoring these fackers WG, see how well that does you  

 

You chose not to check forums until hours after second round was supposed to start, and expect it to work perfectly on one of their first tries with running tournaments. Try actually taking some time out of your day to do something correctly.



Powerage13 #140 Posted Jun 23 2018 - 22:05

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 50039 battles
  • 110
  • [D--T] D--T
  • Member since:
    08-08-2013
I'm glad tourneys are back. It was a drag waiting around for hours but sometimes this happens. People that are whining about it shouldn't sign up for next one. I will happily take the gold they won't get.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users