Congratulations WARGAMING - Your biggest ERROR yet

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Cracker__Jack #1 Posted Jun 21 2018 - 23:32

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1615 battles

I only came to say congratulations to Wargaming for ruining such a great sport :)
I have decided not to play your SOCCER mode anymore, and I very much request this ugly advertisement crap I see when I load in (the Vehicle preview is filled this with Soccer nonsense) is REMOVED from my sight.

I don't want to see this nonsense anymore. I don't want to be reminded of how crappy it is, or how bad an idea it was to make something like this. I opened a thread prior, and no Wargaming (staff or programmers or even the OWNER) decided to present a valid response. You know what this means? Wargaming doesn't give a rats buttocks about a players view.......... a NORMAL players view. All they care about is the popular ones who live in Mom & Dads basement and run 16 YouTube Channels.

Well woo *bleeping* woo. I'm calling Wargaming out now.

You took an amazing idea that was nailed spot on by the makers of Rocket League, and created something that doesn't even compare to Tic Tac Toe. I have to say I am completely disgusted by this nosnense. Your physics and approach were and are WAY off target. You're giving players an option to play a seriously malfunctioning game mode, and presenting prizes for the top players? So what you're saying is, those who know how to exploit the very very many bugs and physics impossibilities are rewarded for it?

I thought WarGaming was all about fairness and sportsmanship. Clearly this is NOT the case with this SOCCER mode.

There are many who will come in here and say that I suck or I'm just not a good player or this is not a game I should play. So long as they get their good stats, and they can make a revenue off YouTube, I suppose that is ok in WarGamings eyes.

But I am going to lay down the facts. If you want replays, I have each and every one of them saved, and I will gladly put them on DropBox for anyone who might give a *bleep* to review. I'm not just here to spout hate or blow off steam. I am here because WarGaming really screwed up, BIG TIME, and no one cares because of my previously stated points. It's all about marketability. Whatever brings WarGaming more players, more purchases.... who cares, right? WarGaming will have no honest audience if the only people remained were YouTube Entrepreneurs and exploiters.

Where is the fun in that?

Now to the points I've been so desperately wanting to slam in WarGamings face.

Your physics for Soccer SUCK! They were very poorly thought out, implemented and finalized. I would love to meet the team in person, who was responsible for the idea, design, development and deliverance of the Soccer mode ........ only so I can tell them that they all need to stick to the basics, or take a very very long leave of absence.

If I shoot at the ball, DEAD ON, and it just sits there ... THAT IS A PROBLEM.
If I shoot at the ball, DEAD ON, and my shot appears BEHIND the ball ... again, BIG PROBLEM.
If I block the ball as a defender, I can't jump ... it is right next to my tank ... and a lowly weak striker one shots it over my tank from clear across the arena ...... BIG PROBLEM.
If the weight of the ball is so god dern heavy that even a defender can't get in front of it and stop it from rolling over it ................. BIG PROBLEM.

Now ... to point out why each point above is very much VALID.
You look at a Soccer goalie in a REAL SOCCER GAME ... How tall is he? or her? They are 99% of time almost AS TALL AS THE NET. The defenders are HALF the height of the net. Duhhhh.... Who's the goober that thought this one up?

Let me explain a little better. Go look at ROCKET LEAGUE ... They know exactly what they're doing. The cars may not be as tall as the GOAL\NET, maybe 40% the height, but they DO HAVE ABILITIES to help. Jumping, Powerups, ROCKET BOOSTERS ....... need I go on? What do Defenders have?

Oh you bet your lily white butt I will tell you ;) Defenders have a splash ability that can only aim up so high ...... with a very long reload rate, and it couldn't jump to save its .... carcass. They can't move very fast, and their overall presence as a Goalie is like having 1 small tiny little ant defend the entire colony that is being bombarded by a hairspray can and a lighter. I have to laugh at this one. That IS the end result whether WarGaming intended it or not. And please don't tell me Defenders are great ..... they only prove their worth when helping to manipulate the ball when it is on the OTHER side of the arena. Isn't that the Midfielder and Strikers job?

Another thing that really is completely off the wall and a poor excuse to add in such a game mode ........................ bullet travel speed. ALL 3 tanks have different speeds in which their munitions travel. In a game like this, YOU DONT HAVE TIME to account for wind resistance, latency of impact, gravity fall off ...... if you want a successful implementation, the munitions should act like lasers. Instantaneous impact the moment the munition is fired. Why?

You're adding WAY TOO MANY variables but keeping stock physics in place. It is way to much to think about, let alone enjoy. The only people who really get enjoyment are the ones who get landed against players who have no earthly clue what to do. That is VERY sad on WarGamings part. I thought this was a game everyone could play??? ...... I guess not.

Maybe us "casual" gamers and those who just aren't that good shouldn't be allowed to play here? If this is the case, why allow us to play at all?

I've only ever played Defender. I have not played the other two tanks and quite frankly I am so seriously glad I haven't.

I've kicked some serious butt playing as Defender, landing in the top 100 ... but as time progresses and I've seen how crappy everything really is .... I am done. I will leave tho saying one final statement of many sentences.

WarGaming ... You could and SHOULD have done a much better job with this nonsense Soccer Mode. For now, you can lay in the bed you made ... it will only be filled by those who know how to exploit the glitches bugs and impossibilities that shouldn't exist if one had thought the matter through. Oh and lets not forget all those YouTuber money makers who make you look good. Might I remind you there are a few that can make you look REALLY BAD.

My suggestion to fix this very big error by WarGaming is this...... Stop hosting this nonsense Soccer Mode, go ahead and give all those YouTuber Gods and Exploiters their cut, and please give me the option to block this awful advertisement of this Soccer Crap so that when I log in to play a normal RANDOM BATTLE, I don't have to be reminded of how awful this Soccer idea was.

specifically meaning ......... I don't want to see the missions tab or the rewards tab or progress tab for anything related to Soccer. I don't want to see that goober Gianluigi Buffon chilling in the corner.

I want to see my GUI as it was before this nonsense was brought in. Essentially, I am OPTING OUT of this extra unnecessary content.

Now... I'd very much love to hear some feedback from WarGaming staffers and programmers, etc... on this. I don't really need any players perspective .... I've looked at this from every angle ... including the head-up-the-butt perspective. So spare me.

All of my Soccer replays will be available UPON REQUEST. You will get links to the official replay file made by World of Tanks.

Have a great day all and good luck!!! have fun!!!

Edited by Cracker__Jack, Jun 21 2018 - 23:41.

AndrewSledge #2 Posted Jun 21 2018 - 23:42

Captain

• -Players-
  • 29794 battles

I don't really enjoy the mode, either, but I didn't make a big post about it.

They've had the mode out 3 different times already, and it gets a little better each time, but it isn't supposed to compete with or be as polished as rocket league. It's just a temporary fun mode for players to mess around with during the World Cup. I agree hitting shots can be challenging at times, and the mode will get frustrating if your teammates aren't helping.

McChaffee #3 Posted Jun 21 2018 - 23:44

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 9806 battles
  • [NEET] NEET
anime posters are a mistake

riff_ #4 Posted Jun 21 2018 - 23:48

Major

• Players
  • 27024 battles

Come on now, that is very bold statement by you OP.  Remember you are talking about WG.:)

Edited by riff_, Jun 21 2018 - 23:48.

riff_ #5 Posted Jun 21 2018 - 23:49

Major

• Players
  • 27024 battles

And let ma ask OP, why not post using your alt account?

Just asking, I do not want to start anything here.

Edited by riff_, Jun 21 2018 - 23:51.

the_dude_76 #6 Posted Jun 21 2018 - 23:52

Major

• Players
  • 31850 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

ROTFLMAO!! OMG, I can't believe someone wasted so much time and effort ranting and raving about a game mode that they don't have to play.

And the idea that one player out of millions deserves some special attention is actually kind of sad. Especially when it is someone who barely even plays the game...

NiteDog #7 Posted Jun 21 2018 - 23:58

Major

• Players
  • 27208 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

View Postriff_, on Jun 21 2018 - 14:49, said:

Edited by NiteDog, Jun 21 2018 - 23:59.

MFGrant #8 Posted Jun 22 2018 - 00:06

Major

• -Players-
  • 11032 battles
  • [DVAB] DVAB

Does the OP know this mode existed before Rocket League and they're just angry that Rocket League took the idea and ran with it?   Is it honestly too much for you to see a soccer mode on the garage?  You don't like the way it's programmed.   I get it.  That doesn't mean it's a problem.   There are no rules that state you have to agree with the way it was done.  It also doesn't mean that it's not done correctly.

Cracker__Jack #9 Posted Jun 22 2018 - 00:06

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1615 battles

View PostAndrewSledge, on Jun 21 2018 - 16:42, said:

I don't really enjoy the mode, either, but I didn't make a big post about it.

They've had the mode out 3 different times already, and it gets a little better each time, but it isn't supposed to compete with or be as polished as rocket league. It's just a temporary fun mode for players to mess around with during the World Cup. I agree hitting shots can be challenging at times, and the mode will get frustrating if your teammates aren't helping.

Frustrating, yes. Temporary? ................. Waste of time if WarGaming is so concerned with providing 'CONTENT" to keep folks interested.

View PostMcChaffee, on Jun 21 2018 - 16:44, said:

anime posters are a mistake

You're Right.......... A mistake to be allowed posting privileges in forums ;) I love you!!!!!

View Postriff_, on Jun 21 2018 - 16:48, said:

Come on now, that is very bold statement by you OP.  Remember you are talking about WG.:)

You're RIGHT. I am... Where are my manners? Maybe I should have laid out the Red Carpet and beckoned a presence with them like one 'might' do with the Queen of England?

View Postriff_, on Jun 21 2018 - 16:49, said:

I don't like to hide behind an account that IS NOT me. I am not afraid of whatever judgement people may make towards me, because in the end ... It doesn't define WHO I AM. I have the right to be ME and voice my opinions, and as such I have.

View Postthe_dude_76, on Jun 21 2018 - 16:52, said:

ROTFLMAO!! OMG, I can't believe someone wasted so much time and effort ranting and raving about a game mode that they don't have to play.

And the idea that one player out of millions deserves some special attention is actually kind of sad. Especially when it is someone who barely even plays the game...

I had time to spare, so how I chose to spend it is of no concern to you. And I don't think I of millions deserve special attention. I do have the right tho to voice my opinion and yours is clearly noted.

Thank You :)

But might I point back to an earlier statement .......... and I can't believe I wasted time posting replies to all of you, but I did... and Oh Well.

But.....

Block Quote

Now... I'd very much love to hear some feedback from WarGaming staffers and programmers, etc... on this. I don't really need any players perspective .... I've looked at this from every angle ... including the head-up-the-butt perspective. So spare me

xrays_ #10 Posted Jun 22 2018 - 00:12

Major

• Players
  • 47037 battles
  • [FELOW] FELOW

View PostCracker__Jack, on Jun 21 2018 - 17:32, said:

Essentially, I am OPTING OUT of this extra unnecessary content.

You should have opted out of your rant, it makes you look like a cake. With lots of frosting. But, not a yummy cake.

x.

Cracker__Jack #11 Posted Jun 22 2018 - 00:13

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1615 battles

View PostMFGrant, on Jun 21 2018 - 17:06, said:

Does the OP know this mode existed before Rocket League and they're just angry that Rocket League took the idea and ran with it?   Is it honestly too much for you to see a soccer mode on the garage?  You don't like the way it's programmed.   I get it.  That doesn't mean it's a problem.   There are no rules that state you have to agree with the way it was done.  It also doesn't mean that it's not done correctly.

Your opinion is noted.

Soccer mode may have existed before Rocket League but .... where WarGaming failed, Rocket League succeeded. There are some things some should never do, and my point is that WarGaming should leave some things ALONE.

That is right, there are no rules I have to agree with about how the way it was done .... therefore, HERE I AM!!!!!!! :)
And yes ..... the way I don't like the garage IS a problem because I didn't opt in to participation .......... they just up and said HERE YOU GO, IN YOUR FACE .... Like it or not.

Needless to say.... I have the right to voice my opinions and complaints, and all I require is a WARGAMING Staff response...... I know what exactly every one of you NON-Staff Players will say, and does no credit to the purpose. I didn't ask for your debate. I made that very clear.... which is what WarGaming DIDN'T do when it came to this crap Soccer mode. Did they ASK me if I wanted to participate? No.... Did they ASK me if I wanted to see all this soccer crap? .................... NO.

You see, I and you all keep proving my points OVER and OVER again.

Thank You

rich73 #12 Posted Jun 22 2018 - 00:13

Major

• Players
  • 49101 battles

"I thought WarGaming was all about fairness and sportsmanship. Clearly this is NOT the case with this SOCCER mode."                           Wherever did you get that idea?WG is all about counting their money from people who cant control themselves.Do you think it fair that buying 24 hrs of premium time comes down to only maybe 4 hrs play?Do you think it fair that you can buy cheat ammo?Do you think it fair that WG makes lopsided battles the norm?Do you think it fair that they allow mods that can be an open door for exploiters?Do you think it fair that they allow programs that let you see peeps stats and can pick on them,giving an unfair advantage to those that download it?I'm sure peeps can come up with more "fair" fails.

Cracker__Jack #13 Posted Jun 22 2018 - 00:14

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1615 battles

View Postxrays_, on Jun 21 2018 - 17:12, said:

You should have opted out of your rant, it makes you look like a cake. With lots of frosting. But, not a yummy cake.

x.

I appreciate your opinion ;) Thank You!

Cracker__Jack #14 Posted Jun 22 2018 - 00:19

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1615 battles

View Postrich73, on Jun 21 2018 - 17:13, said:

"I thought WarGaming was all about fairness and sportsmanship. Clearly this is NOT the case with this SOCCER mode."                           Wherever did you get that idea?WG is all about counting their money from people who cant control themselves.Do you think it fair that buying 24 hrs of premium time comes down to only maybe 4 hrs play?Do you think it fair that you can buy cheat ammo?Do you think it fair that WG makes lopsided battles the norm?Do you think it fair that they allow mods that can be an open door for exploiters?Do you think it fair that they allow programs that let you see peeps stats and can pick on them,giving an unfair advantage to those that download it?I'm sure peeps can come up with more "fair" fails.

no i dont think its fair ... and this just adds to WG's list of fails :) not my fails.
I'm happy you brought this up, but you're out of place. my topic isn't of all those other issues, its about this soccer..... and it is crap.

So i will kindly ask, everyone.

Please Stick To The Topic.

xrays_ #15 Posted Jun 22 2018 - 00:25

Major

• Players
  • 47037 battles
  • [FELOW] FELOW

View PostCracker__Jack, on Jun 21 2018 - 18:19, said:

Please Stick To The Topic.

The topic, as you say, is "things that suck..."

I have a suggestion, but I don't think you'll like it.

x.

Elevendy #16 Posted Jun 22 2018 - 00:28

Major

• -Players-
  • 20220 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO

Here's the issue bud. World of Tanks is not a North American game, I can tell you don't know this since you've only played 1500 battles and you think that an employee that speaks English would try to remedy this issue. You'll realize if you ever get to the top of this game that the devs don't care for what you think, and the closest thing you'll get are responses based off of community events that are created specifically for NA.

Another thing, the soccer mode has been around for ages, Rocket League even came out after World of Tanks had their soccer mode. The thing is there are a lot of aspects Rocket League gets right, so there's no shame in accepting what is superior and learning from them to mix into your own game to create a more dynamic and fun experience. Also I'm not sure what you mean by bugs and physics impossibilities; please elaborate.

I don't know why you're so bothered by it however, if you don't like it, simply ignore it. You take it as an attack on your liberty.

Edited by Elevendy, Jun 22 2018 - 00:31.

Cracker__Jack #17 Posted Jun 22 2018 - 00:29

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1615 battles

View Postxrays_, on Jun 21 2018 - 17:25, said:

The topic, as you say, is "things that suck..."

I have a suggestion, but I don't think you'll like it.

x.

If you're going to make a point, make it. Don't beat around the bush.
I made my point :) You don't need my input to know what my point was about. Whether I like your point or not is irrelevant. I will of course state my opinion just as you have yours. But I will be blunt and to the point.

Thanks!

Nunya_000 #18 Posted Jun 22 2018 - 00:30

Major

• Players
  • 20974 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

I doubt if you will get any response from someone at WG.  I mean, why would they?  Nothing they say will sooth your quite apparent butthurt.  You seem to think that you know much more than they do and that YOUR ideas and vision is the best and only vision for this game mode.

If you do not like seeing reminders of the game mode in your garage, I would suggest that you avoid the game entirely until the game mode is over.  You certainly have a right to your opinion, but you do not have a right to expect people to agree with it and/or respect it.

KaiserWilhelmShatner #19 Posted Jun 22 2018 - 00:33

Major

• Players
  • 15711 battles
  • [F_O_G] F_O_G

Cracker__Jack #20 Posted Jun 22 2018 - 00:42

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1615 battles

View PostElevendy, on Jun 21 2018 - 17:28, said:

Here's the issue bud. World of Tanks is not a North American game, I can tell you don't know this since you've only played 1500 battles and you think that an employee that speaks English would try to remedy this issue. You'll realize if you ever get to the top of this game that the devs don't care other than for community based events that are created specifically for NA.

Another thing, the soccer mode has been around for ages, Rocket League even came out after World of Tanks had their soccer mode. The thing is there are a lot of things Rocket League does right, so there's no shame in accepting what is superior and learning from them to mix into your own game to create a more dynamic and fun experience. Also I'm not sure what you mean by bugs and physics impossibilities; please elaborate.

I don't know why you're so bothered by it however, if you don't like it, simply ignore it. You take it as an attack on your liberty.

I am so happy I got an intelligent response.... Finally!!!!!
I sincerely mean that Elevendy.

To answer ........
1, I'm not your bud. I would kindly request you didn't think or refer to me I was.
2, I never said anything about having an issue with WoT being non "NA" ... So I see that as irrelevant. But ... I do see an opportunity. It doesn't matter where the game or whatever is based, location wise, if you're going to offer service to certain places ... not every place understands the intentions behind such a game or its expectations. You can't just put something out there and expect it to be accepted by everyone. And EVERYONE has the right to offer and discuss their likes or dislikes, as I have done. So please don't shoot me down just because of "Location" or "Language"
3, what I mean by bugs and physics is quite simple.
..... I stated it in the first post. I have plenty of replays that clearly show me aiming at a ball that is close ... my shot goes through or lands behind or causes the ball to run off in some random direction.

I may only have 1500 battles or so under my belt, but because of that number and what I've said here, 90% will take me for some newbie who knows nothing. This further proves my point that the only opinions that really hold any weight are those that have been in this fantasy world since the birth. Those folks could be normal people like you and I, but moreso people who devoted their every waking moment to this fantasy .... you know, those ones who have no JOB and play some game 24/7 with the ideal that they are THE ELITE.

I know it is a sad fact that people will label others as inferior based on their own lives and experiences ... that is what is happening here. I pointed out FACTS, and people come running to WG's rescue.

I am so very sorry to say this, maybe ... but .... please don't borrow someone elses problem.

Let WarGaming do what they are SUPPOSED to do when one asks for an answer...... and that is NOT depend on you all to back them up and do their work for them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users