"Mommy, the Game is Rigged!"

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

Whistling_Death_ #1 Posted Jun 24 2018 - 11:51

Major

• -Players-
  • 57973 battles
  • [13-AD] 13-AD

"The game is rigged!" Ohh? Then why is it all your tanks have different winning percentages?! Duhhh!

Don't let the paranoid conspiro-whacko's infect you with their affliction! Stop the paranoia! Seek medical help!  Get inoculated!  Use your brain!

Edited by Whistling_Death_, Jun 27 2018 - 17:38.

Springfield_Fats #2 Posted Jun 24 2018 - 11:53

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 10300 battles
So does anyone actually understand this or is the trying to be funny so bad that it's just nonsensical?

_definitely_not_a_reroll #3 Posted Jun 24 2018 - 11:59

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 10968 battles
  • [-TDU-] -TDU-

but but but

I actually like my conspiracy theories

though...

i also like pie

Edited by _definitely_not_a_reroll, Jun 24 2018 - 12:00.

KeepYourselfSafe_xD #4 Posted Jun 24 2018 - 12:35

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5430 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO
Oh, I remember you
Some copy pasta about looking at the map, I bet you have a lot of time to do that considering your only T10 is the CGC at 57k matches.
Considering this, teach me so I can win more games, friend? 

Nudnick #5 Posted Jun 24 2018 - 13:04

Major

• -Players-
  • 23735 battles
Cause the house always wins. You play long enough, never change the stakes, the house takes you. Unless, when that perfect hand comes along, you bet big, and then you take the house. You're either in or you're out.....Danny Ocean.

enya1ius #6 Posted Jun 24 2018 - 13:07

Sergeant

• Players
  • 27640 battles
  • [SBW] SBW

no the mm isnt rigged. its just plain good old fashioned terrible. that plus powercreep leave large portions of players feeling like they cant compete in this current meta.  isnt it something like 75% pay nothing and if you arent paying you cant hit that sweet "2" as often which helps bottom tier compete in 3-5-7. you also get the lovely roflstomps too, when your team goes down 5 tanks early and suddenly the reds have 50% more dpm than you. its just a cascade after that most games. It is most def not rigged but i can at least understand how if you dont look under the hood you could think that. 

just to be clear, def not rigged, just trash

AcadiansRule #7 Posted Jun 24 2018 - 13:28

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 8669 battles
  • [_E_] _E_

View Postenya1ius, on Jun 24 2018 - 13:07, said:

no the mm isnt rigged. its just plain good old fashioned terrible. that plus powercreep leave large portions of players feeling like they cant compete in this current meta.  isnt it something like 75% pay nothing and if you arent paying you cant hit that sweet "2" as often which helps bottom tier compete in 3-5-7. you also get the lovely roflstomps too, when your team goes down 5 tanks early and suddenly the reds have 50% more dpm than you. its just a cascade after that most games. It is most def not rigged but i can at least understand how if you dont look under the hood you could think that. 

just to be clear, def not rigged, just trash

I sometimes think about if I was starting new on WOT today.  What would it be like? 

Well.. if I wasn't paying... 80% of my shots bounce... virtually all of my enemy's shots would pen me.   I would end up hiding most of the time trying to last one full game only to have a light tank pounce on me and unload his full clip. 

I think that the gap between good players and beginners/average players is so wide now... it is hard for most to enjoy the game.  The mechanics of the game are fantastic ... but at some point it comes down to improving or why be here?  Right?   Even as a good player I have games where all 6 or 8 of my full aim gold shots bounce for no reason.. they should all pen... for a beginner.. it would make no sense to stick around with that problem every game.

Even worse yet.. if they start out buying a tier 8 tank and learn to play against 80% tier X matches... they would think it is impossible to win.. and under that scenario.. they would be correct.. they have no chance of making it.

As a veteran player.... I will admit that if I was just starting today... I probably would not stick around after losing most of the time and having all my shots bounce (yesterday over two games 24 shots 3 pen).   Since our goal is to have fun... 30-40 minutes of pure frustration with no remedy is not fun nor a good selling pitch.

As for the mm problems.. I have had some great close matches of late.. which are always fun no matter who wins.... but many more 15-3 games than good games.

Edited by AcadiansRule, Jun 24 2018 - 13:33.

da_Rock002 #8 Posted Jun 24 2018 - 13:45

Major

• -Players-
  • 6834 battles

View PostWhistling_Death_, on Jun 24 2018 - 05:51, said:

"The game is rigged!" Ohh? Then why is it all your tanks have different winning percentages?! Duhhh! Don't let the paranoid conspiro-whacko's infect you with their affliction! Stop the paranoia! Seek medical help!  Get inoculated!  Use your brain!

Wow how insightful.

Could the tanks having different winning percentages be a product of their having different armor, guns, crew makeup, top speeds, are equipped with varied equipment, view ranges, rate of fire, camo ratings, traverse speeds, accuracy, etc etc etc?

Could the tanks see different quality teams every battle?

Could there be a thousand other reasons like soft stats for example?

I'd rather be paranoid than blind.

NiteDog #9 Posted Jun 24 2018 - 13:56

Major

• Players
  • 27208 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

View PostWhistling_Death_, on Jun 24 2018 - 02:51, said:

Use your brain!

da_Rock002 #10 Posted Jun 24 2018 - 14:03

Major

• -Players-
  • 6834 battles

View PostAcadiansRule, on Jun 24 2018 - 07:28, said:

I sometimes think about if I was starting new on WOT today.  What would it be like?

Well.. if I wasn't paying... 80% of my shots bounce... virtually all of my enemy's shots would pen me.   I would end up hiding most of the time trying to last one full game only to have a light tank pounce on me and unload his full clip.

I think that the gap between good players and beginners/average players is so wide now... it is hard for most to enjoy the game.  The mechanics of the game are fantastic ... but at some point it comes down to improving or why be here?  Right?   Even as a good player I have games where all 6 or 8 of my full aim gold shots bounce for no reason.. they should all pen... for a beginner.. it would make no sense to stick around with that problem every game.

Even worse yet.. if they start out buying a tier 8 tank and learn to play against 80% tier X matches... they would think it is impossible to win.. and under that scenario.. they would be correct.. they have no chance of making it.

As a veteran player.... I will admit that if I was just starting today... I probably would not stick around after losing most of the time and having all my shots bounce (yesterday over two games 24 shots 3 pen).   Since our goal is to have fun... 30-40 minutes of pure frustration with no remedy is not fun nor a good selling pitch.

As for the mm problems.. I have had some great close matches of late.. which are always fun no matter who wins.... but many more 15-3 games than good games.

Nowadays both the 15-3 and 3-15 games are usually a product team makeups.    Those really awful blowouts usually show terrible matchups from MM.   Then they add to the few naturally occurring rolfstomps that are going to happen with even fair matchups.   Researching the teams after battles to see what a newbie has to face (over the last year+) has shown however that around 60% of the battles did have decently fair MM.    So it would be possible for WG to fix that one aspect of their MM as it already produces "skill filtered" matchups.     It would make sense for them to fix the 40% if they'd care to keep the newbies whose presence as a majority of the players in those 40% is one reason those battles are blowouts.

It appears that newbies see many, many more of those 3-15 than 15-3.    It appears that WoT fills each of those screwed battles with twice as many newbs as 50+WR players, and that means the newbs get lots more of those blowouts and they're mostly on the newb team. 

WG has said they're looking into the problem, of course. 

Edited by da_Rock002, Jun 24 2018 - 14:07.

Wouldyoulookatthetime #11 Posted Jun 24 2018 - 14:04

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 8056 battles
  • [MUTT] MUTT

its ok bud relax

LpBronco #12 Posted Jun 24 2018 - 14:08

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 38620 battles
  • [TG] TG
Blow outs aren't a function of team make-up. They are a function of single life games. Simply stop posting if all you have is lies and damned lies.

Kliphie #13 Posted Jun 24 2018 - 14:09

Major

• Players
  • 30078 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

WG is totally incompetent and can not do anything right. 

WG is manipulating the matchmaking to favor or punish certain players. 

WG needs to actively manipulate the matchmaking to ensure fair games.  

Somehow these thoughts can reside concurrently in some people.  

AcadiansRule #14 Posted Jun 24 2018 - 14:35

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 8669 battles
  • [_E_] _E_

View Postda_Rock002, on Jun 24 2018 - 14:03, said:

Nowadays both the 15-3 and 3-15 games are usually a product team makeups.    Those really awful blowouts usually show terrible matchups from MM.   Then they add to the few naturally occurring rolfstomps that are going to happen with even fair matchups.   Researching the teams after battles to see what a newbie has to face (over the last year+) has shown however that around 60% of the battles did have decently fair MM.    So it would be possible for WG to fix that one aspect of their MM as it already produces "skill filtered" matchups.     It would make sense for them to fix the 40% if they'd care to keep the newbies whose presence as a majority of the players in those 40% is one reason those battles are blowouts.

It appears that newbies see many, many more of those 3-15 than 15-3.    It appears that WoT fills each of those screwed battles with twice as many newbs as 50+WR players, and that means the newbs get lots more of those blowouts and they're mostly on the newb team. 

WG has said they're looking into the problem, of course. 

Just finished another wonderful 1-15 loss in a tier X match that included my tier 8 Skorpion G ... on the Fisherman map of course...  the map of blowout games.

If I'm wondering what I'm doing here... I'm sure half the other players are wondering the same thing... this after WOT has already lost more than half their players.

HOTA_CHATON #15 Posted Jun 24 2018 - 15:01

Major

• Players
  • 12442 battles
  • [KOFJ] KOFJ
Yes, this is rigged, to a degree.  It brought you out to discuss it, didn't it?  Nuff said.  Oh but wait, the next time you go to the county and try win her that teddy bear, remember this post.  Their both on about the same rigged footing.

Caketime #16 Posted Jun 24 2018 - 15:25

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 891 battles
  • [D_L_S] D_L_S

View PostAcadiansRule, on Jun 24 2018 - 13:28, said:

This happens to me quite often. I never have issues with landing shots on moving or stationary targets, but most often my shots simply bounce harmlessly. I've been using the armor penetration indicator to try and help, but it is only reliable on occasion. Sometimes I have over 200mm worth of pen and can't get through the armor of a light tank that's a tier below me, the pen indicator is green and the round lands on a soft, flat spot on the enemy tank...And it bounces anyway. Some games I land 10+ shots, no penetration at all. I'm willing to concede that I am not always making these shots at ideal angles, but at the same time some of them I know should pen and they just don't. That's my biggest issue with the game as a returning player having been gone a long while, it's very frustrating to be in a decent position and trying to contribute, but consistently seeing the "Armor not penetrated" message pop up. It feels like I'm fighting with RNG more than other players.

AcadiansRule #17 Posted Jun 24 2018 - 15:40

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 8669 battles
  • [_E_] _E_

View PostCaketime, on Jun 24 2018 - 15:25, said:

This happens to me quite often. I never have issues with landing shots on moving or stationary targets, but most often my shots simply bounce harmlessly. I've been using the armor penetration indicator to try and help, but it is only reliable on occasion. Sometimes I have over 200mm worth of pen and can't get through the armor of a light tank that's a tier below me, the pen indicator is green and the round lands on a soft, flat spot on the enemy tank...And it bounces anyway. Some games I land 10+ shots, no penetration at all. I'm willing to concede that I am not always making these shots at ideal angles, but at the same time some of them I know should pen and they just don't. That's my biggest issue with the game as a returning player having been gone a long while, it's very frustrating to be in a decent position and trying to contribute, but consistently seeing the "Armor not penetrated" message pop up. It feels like I'm fighting with RNG more than other players.

Yes... it is very frustrating and illogical.  Any tank that would bounce or miss 90% of their shots is taken out of service or scrapped as defective.  But happens every day on WOT... haha.

Last week I full-aim bounced the side of an arty from 30' (zero damage.. no track.. nothing)...  and in the same game.. bounced off the back of an IS-2 going up a hill (away from me so his a$$ was facing me).. should have destroyed him both times.. no damage.. no track from my Skorpion G.    This is 100% stupid WOT BS and in my opinion is why there number of players has dropped so badly.   Those two no pen kill shots lost us the game.  I was killed instead... those tanks survived.. and we lost... all because of WOT RNG...  when RNG decides a game like that instead of skill and position... you have to rethink why we still play.

Edited by AcadiansRule, Jun 24 2018 - 15:42.

da_Rock002 #18 Posted Jun 24 2018 - 15:43

Major

• -Players-
  • 6834 battles

View PostLpBronco, on Jun 24 2018 - 08:08, said:

Blow outs aren't a function of team make-up. They are a function of single life games. Simply stop posting if all you have is lies and damned lies.

I'll stop posting when the game stops being a team competition.  

"single life game"...……  :teethhappy:

ProfessionalFinn #19 Posted Jun 24 2018 - 17:45

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 20326 battles

There are but only a few nuttier than "the game is rigged" conspiracy theories.  

The following is one that is crazier.

Finland doesn't exist.
This theory evolved on Reddit in 2015, when a user called "Raregans" suggested that Finland was a fabricated landmass, dreamed up by the Japanese and Soviet Union during the Cold War in an effort to secure fishing rights in the Baltic Sea.

Raregans suggested the people who populate the country known as Finland actually belong to the nations of Sweden, Estonia, and Russia.

http://www.businessi...-exist-either-3

Whisky_A_Go_Go #20 Posted Jun 24 2018 - 17:54

Major

• Players
  • 9939 battles

It doesn't matter if the game is rigged or not.

The simple fact is, when you have this many threads about it being rigged, day after day, month after month, year after year and you've lost half you player base during that time, then the PERCEPTION is that it is rigged.

And that is a developer problem they have simply never addressed...like pretty much every other problem.

Saying the game isn't rigged is about like saying arty is perfectly fine; it doesn't matter what the problem really is, the fact is there IS a problem. Otherwise, it wouldn't be discussed so very much for so very long.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users