lag soccer server reticle

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

GHR1227 #1 Posted Jun 26 2018 - 21:03

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 49439 battles
  • [TIGR] TIGR

OK.  I'm going to add this as a post because I could not find anything in the various hate filled posts about soccer including obvious garage adverts etc.     I'm not exactly liking it much (had a shot as a goalie create a self-goal because the ball instead of being pushed away came AT me and over my tank-*backwards* physics much?), but whatever I have a few friends who like to play it

to make credits.

Playing in soccer mode for me though is bad because of two things: noticeable delay in the server reticle while turning my turret

and shot delay.     I do not have either of these issues while in normal matches in the noticeable sense.   

It's kinda hard to describe but firing in soccer mode is "off".    I'm on a Comcast 50MBit connection w/a wired Gigabit

connection to my computer and 40-50 ping.   So it's not an obvious internet issue.

When I press fire in a normal game it fires following my click.  In soccer mode I press fire and there is maybe a 1/2 second delay.

The server reticle sync is pretty good in normal games.  The server reticle lags about 1/4 second behind the aim dot.

It's odd there is no other symptom of this issue except when I take a shot.   No other lag or delay is present.

Does anyone else have any problems like this?

My only way to avoid the issue is avoid soccer mode altogether.

Edited by GHR1227, Jun 26 2018 - 21:05.

_Katyusha___ #2 Posted Jun 26 2018 - 22:06

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 14744 battles
  • [KTSHA] KTSHA
i had the same problem, disabled server reticule, problem solved. Football mode could improve, random bounces and missed shot can get me mad sometimes, but i liked it too.

GHR1227 #3 Posted Jul 09 2018 - 02:28

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 49439 battles
  • [TIGR] TIGR

It's horrible.  Turning off server reticle doesn't really help at all.

It just removes the referrence "server reticle" which shows where the server *thinks* my shot will go vs where I'm aimed at.  The two are supposed to be equal before you fire in a normal battle and if out of sync you may not fire on target.  That is what is happening to me here because the delay is so long on a moving target.  I'm trying to lead my shots between the shot delay and laggy reticle I have a 0 for 90 miss streak! :(

Plus there is still this horrible shot delay.  It's made me miss 3 goals where the ball was IN the enemy goal and I fired but the delay made it possible

for the soccer ball to be pushed out of the goal in the time of the delay.

Also tagged with lag, soccer, server reticle

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users