Game crashing often

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Craftyyy #1 Posted Jun 28 2018 - 13:19

Private

• -Players-
  • 117 battles
My game crashes to desktop several times a night. Sometimes as soon as a game ends, sometimes in the middle of a game. A couple times it even froze. My computer is brand new and everything else except for World of Tanks runs without any issues. Does anyone have a similar problem and/or know of a solution? I don't know what can be causing this because there's no error, just a quick crash.

BabA_YA6A #2 Posted Jun 28 2018 - 14:03

Captain

• Players
  • 26287 battles
  • [O-VER] O-VER

View PostCraftyyy, on Jun 28 2018 - 20:19, said:

My game crashes to desktop several times a night. Sometimes as soon as a game ends, sometimes in the middle of a game. A couple times it even froze. My computer is brand new and everything else except for World of Tanks runs without any issues. Does anyone have a similar problem and/or know of a solution? I don't know what can be causing this because there's no error, just a quick crash.

do you run any mods?

Craftyyy #3 Posted Jun 28 2018 - 14:38

Private

• -Players-
  • 117 battles

View PostWOLPERTINGER_, on Jun 28 2018 - 14:03, said:

do you run any mods?

I do have XVM running (just got it, don't even fully understand how to use it), but this issue started happening even before I installed XVM. 

Insanefriend #4 Posted Jun 28 2018 - 16:24

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 40251 battles

Well step one ditch the mod, that is one less thing that could be causing it.  Have you checked to make sure everything is up to date, video card drivers, windows updates, etc...?  

Just kind of wondering do you run fullscreen or windowed borderless?  I noticed after 1.0 that the game runs better windowed borderless then it does full screen, at least if your like me and alt tab out while waiting in the queue.

Craftyyy #5 Posted Jun 28 2018 - 16:41

Private

• -Players-
  • 117 battles

View PostInsanefriend, on Jun 28 2018 - 16:24, said:

Well step one ditch the mod, that is one less thing that could be causing it.  Have you checked to make sure everything is up to date, video card drivers, windows updates, etc...?  

Just kind of wondering do you run fullscreen or windowed borderless?  I noticed after 1.0 that the game runs better windowed borderless then it does full screen, at least if your like me and alt tab out while waiting in the queue.

Brand new PC (less than a week old). Windows version, drivers and BIOS version are all up-to-date. I will definitely try windowed borderless mode and get rid of XVM, hope it helps.

black_colt #6 Posted Jun 28 2018 - 17:51

Major

• -Players-
  • 3837 battles

View PostCraftyyy, on Jun 28 2018 - 04:19, said:

Have you done the following:

[Launch the game in safe mode] - click on the downward facing arrow to the right of the [PLAY] button

Run [Check and repair game integrity] - can be found in [SETTINGS] - top right in [PLAY] screen then [SUPPORT]

If these do not work then I recommend that you raise a Support Ticket with Wargaming.  Here is the URL for your convenience - https://na.wargaming...n/products/wot/

If you want to run Mods I recommend that you check out the MOD HUB WORLD OF TANKS.  Various Mods are displayed with descriptions, images, etc. which can help you decide if you want to run the Mod.  Here is the URL for your convenience - https://wgmods.net

Craftyyy #7 Posted Jun 28 2018 - 18:59

Private

• -Players-
  • 117 battles

View Postblack_colt, on Jun 28 2018 - 17:51, said:

Have you done the following:

[Launch the game in safe mode] - click on the downward facing arrow to the right of the [PLAY] button

Run [Check and repair game integrity] - can be found in [SETTINGS] - top right in [PLAY] screen then [SUPPORT]

If these do not work then I recommend that you raise a Support Ticket with Wargaming.  Here is the URL for your convenience - https://na.wargaming...n/products/wot/

If you want to run Mods I recommend that you check out the MOD HUB WORLD OF TANKS.  Various Mods are displayed with descriptions, images, etc. which can help you decide if you want to run the Mod.  Here is the URL for your convenience - https://wgmods.net

Thank you very much for the suggestions and links, I will try all that you mentioned tonight. Cheers!

black_colt #8 Posted Jun 28 2018 - 19:08

Major

• -Players-
  • 3837 battles

View PostCraftyyy, on Jun 28 2018 - 09:59, said:

Thank you very much for the suggestions and links, I will try all that you mentioned tonight. Cheers!

Welcome.

If any of [the following], excluding raising a Support Ticket, work would you please reply back to the Forum so that others with the same hardware and OS can have something to try.

For clarity - would you please provide the following when replying:

Resolution that the game is being played at, windowless or windowed, and video card - e.g. dedicated 4GB AMD RADEON R9 M395x 

If you do have to raise a Support Ticket - would you please keep the Forum advised on any steps Support wants you to take and if those resolve the issue?

Craftyyy #9 Posted Jun 28 2018 - 19:16

Private

• -Players-
  • 117 battles

View Postblack_colt, on Jun 28 2018 - 19:08, said:

Welcome.

If any of [the following], excluding raising a Support Ticket, work would you please reply back to the Forum so that others with the same hardware and OS can have something to try.

For clarity - would you please provide the following when replying:

Resolution that the game is being played at, windowless or windowed, and video card - e.g. dedicated 4GB AMD RADEON R9 M395x 

If you do have to raise a Support Ticket - would you please keep the Forum advised on any steps Support wants you to take and if those resolve the issue?

No problem, will update within a day or so.

9inbarrel #10 Posted Jul 02 2018 - 00:59

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 2462 battles
  • [O-VER] O-VER
still waiting lol

Chad_D_Thunderglock #11 Posted Jul 02 2018 - 02:28

Captain

• Players
  • 23324 battles
I have the same issue on both my systems, sound gets wonky and the frames drop to nothing and then it locks up the PC. Both brand new machines, only other game on them is warships. I run vanilla only, no mods. 

X32Wright #12 Posted Jul 03 2018 - 19:47

Captain

• VT Coordinator
  • 41007 battles
  • [X-OUT] X-OUT

Check to see if this is your issue:

http://forum.worldof...client-crashes/

ezraf1309 #13 Posted Aug 29 2018 - 09:53

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

try reinstalling game. if the error occurs clear its data. 

Latest free movies online Best kickass proxy sites Sportsarefree.xyz Alternatives

Edited by ezraf1309, Aug 29 2018 - 09:54.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users