Dear WG Guys....Please read....just a suggestion.

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

BUNNYHUGGERI #1 Posted Jun 28 2018 - 13:32

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 49937 battles
  • [HAPPY] HAPPY

Notice...I have a few games played.  I STOPPED playing tanks because as a clan member and group there really was NOTHING for us to do together.  I guess we could do pub matches till we turned blue but that was it.  I remember the day when we would have over 20 guys in voice chat all screaming about my hetzer got blown up and my M6 killed that guy.  There was excitement...there was communication...there was a reason for being on "tanks" instead of WOWs or some other game.

This brings us to the tournaments.  FIRST...thank you for bringing them back.  Second...it is a hard job being a moderator and running ANY competition.  NO ONE will be HAPPY (see what I did there) every time.  There will always be people that will hate what you did and never give you the accolades that the pressure of running something has.  I used to run several "real life" for REAL MONEY (as in thousands and tens of thousands of dollars with one over half a million dollars) tournaments for "men" that at the end were usually drinking hard and had risked their life all weekend.  Talk about a testosterone festival from hell.  Just know that you will be unappreciated by a FEW....they are vocal...the rest of us are usually silent and we appreciate your effort.

So....no one puts up a post unless they have a btich coming.  Here is my suggestion (btich) for the tourney layout.  You want participation for WOT.  That is the reason for these.  You want to bring back all the casual players that have moved on with these.  I understand feeding the "big boys" lots and lots and lots of gold seems great but in effect what are you accomplishing.  The "super dudes" probably already have just about every premium tank you can buy with gold.  They have years of premium time from gold they have won (I have 404 days right now).  It is the little guys that might be looking at that T34-85M and saying.....maybe if I had premium time I could stack that credit monster and get that tier 10!?!?!  Grind....grind....grind....grind.  If I could just get that "whatever" super tank I could win....BUT  the odds of me "winning" first or even third are little to none.  So.....guess not.

Enter stage HAPPY (I did it again) time.  SPREAD THE WEALTH!!!!  I remember the day when several levels down were paid even a pittance.  For most of us it is NOT about the money...I have a very good income.  It is about the challenge of just getting the gold.  Instead of the HUGE level 1 or top player pay out use that payout dispersed to make a LOT of players HAPPY (again :) ).  Use the gold as an incentive to stay...and open their wallets when Christmas time comes around.  I think we all want "tanks" to stick around.  We all want YOU to have a job in the future.  Incentivize us to keep in the game and show love to everyone

Thank you for your consideration.

Bullets_inc #2 Posted Jun 28 2018 - 13:45

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 24026 battles
  • [HAPPY] HAPPY

We just posted this tournament in our Discord server and I thought everyone would be so excited but much of the response has been "why should I play I cant get "1st, 2nd, or 3rd"  I have to agree w/ Bunny it would be easier to sell if our average player base felt they had a chance of winning anything.

https://discord.gg/QUPpkY6

BLEW_U_UP #3 Posted Jun 28 2018 - 14:01

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 24453 battles
This is funny ! You assume that people from War gaming care ! or can actually read ! or give a crap ! LOL 

BabA_YA6A #4 Posted Jun 28 2018 - 14:01

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 26118 battles

View PostBUNNYHUGGERI, on Jun 28 2018 - 20:32, said:

Notice...I have a few games played.  I STOPPED playing tanks because as a clan member and group there really was NOTHING for us to do together.  I guess we could do pub matches till we turned blue but that was it.  I remember the day when we would have over 20 guys in voice chat all screaming about my hetzer got blown up and my M6 killed that guy.  There was excitement...there was communication...there was a reason for being on "tanks" instead of WOWs or some other game.

This brings us to the tournaments.  FIRST...thank you for bringing them back.  Second...it is a hard job being a moderator and running ANY competition.  NO ONE will be HAPPY (see what I did there) every time.  There will always be people that will hate what you did and never give you the accolades that the pressure of running something has.  I used to run several "real life" for REAL MONEY (as in thousands and tens of thousands of dollars with one over half a million dollars) tournaments for "men" that at the end were usually drinking hard and had risked their life all weekend.  Talk about a testosterone festival from hell.  Just know that you will be unappreciated by a FEW....they are vocal...the rest of us are usually silent and we appreciate your effort.

So....no one puts up a post unless they have a btich coming.  Here is my suggestion (btich) for the tourney layout.  You want participation for WOT.  That is the reason for these.  You want to bring back all the casual players that have moved on with these.  I understand feeding the "big boys" lots and lots and lots of gold seems great but in effect what are you accomplishing.  The "super dudes" probably already have just about every premium tank you can buy with gold.  They have years of premium time from gold they have won (I have 404 days right now).  It is the little guys that might be looking at that T34-85M and saying.....maybe if I had premium time I could stack that credit monster and get that tier 10!?!?!  Grind....grind....grind....grind.  If I could just get that "whatever" super tank I could win....BUT  the odds of me "winning" first or even third are little to none.  So.....guess not.

Enter stage HAPPY (I did it again) time.  SPREAD THE WEALTH!!!!  I remember the day when several levels down were paid even a pittance.  For most of us it is NOT about the money...I have a very good income.  It is about the challenge of just getting the gold.  Instead of the HUGE level 1 or top player pay out use that payout dispersed to make a LOT of players HAPPY (again :) ).  Use the gold as an incentive to stay...and open their wallets when Christmas time comes around.  I think we all want "tanks" to stick around.  We all want YOU to have a job in the future.  Incentivize us to keep in the game and show love to everyone

Thank you for your consideration.

+1

BabA_YA6A #5 Posted Jun 28 2018 - 14:02

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 26118 battles

View PostBLEW_U_UP, on Jun 28 2018 - 21:01, said:

This is funny ! You assume that people from War gaming care ! or can actually read ! or give a crap ! LOL 

Its sad but true because it seems they don't. Smile_sceptic.gif

nekojima #6 Posted Jun 28 2018 - 14:07

Captain

• Players
  • 39361 battles
  • [REL-A] REL-A
My two main comments to WG after the first tournie in forum and survey were to allow more teams and not concentrate the rewards at the top. This isn't a call for participation rewards rather acknowledging the long tail of players who make tournaments work. This is why tournies 1-2 years ago were so successful. It's not always the players at the top end but the middle and end that provide the depth and future higher level players through improved interest and skill development.

muzzyman1 #7 Posted Jun 28 2018 - 14:44

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 11101 battles
  • [FKXX] FKXX
well sad I mean said bunny! I hope they listen to you!

MacDaddyMatty #8 Posted Jun 28 2018 - 14:49

Major

• -Players-
  • 23886 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

Tourneys are great - with the 1v1, 1/2 the people registered don't even show up.

I'd like to see WG arrange the buckets by PR (since they don't use WN8).

Blackeagle902 #9 Posted Jun 28 2018 - 15:30

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 20607 battles
  • [XFOGX] XFOGX

View Postnekojima, on Jun 28 2018 - 14:07, said:

My two main comments to WG after the first tournie in forum and survey were to allow more teams and not concentrate the rewards at the top. This isn't a call for participation rewards rather acknowledging the long tail of players who make tournaments work. This is why tournies 1-2 years ago were so successful. It's not always the players at the top end but the middle and end that provide the depth and future higher level players through improved interest and skill development.

Well said sir.

Blackeagle902 #10 Posted Jun 28 2018 - 15:31

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 20607 battles
  • [XFOGX] XFOGX

View PostMacDaddyMatty, on Jun 28 2018 - 14:49, said:

Tourneys are great - with the 1v1, 1/2 the people registered don't even show up.

I'd like to see WG arrange the buckets by PR (since they don't use WN8).

I do remember the 1vs1, they were fun even if I did not win that many of them.

Silversound #11 Posted Jun 28 2018 - 15:37

Major

• Players
  • 38081 battles
  • [-P-] -P-

I am trying not to conflate my lack of enthusiasm with those still enjoying the game.

But yes, clans are harder to keep going these days.

Many people simply don't play the game as intensely as before.

The response I've been getting a lot lately is: "I don't play enough anymore to be in a clan.".

People are more interested in going camping or boating right now than sitting indoors playing video games.

I also feel that the USA is simply in a different place than it had been over the last eight years.

Most people I know feel better about spending their money, and as such are out and about enjoying themselves.

dominator_98 #12 Posted Jun 28 2018 - 16:43

Major

• -Players-
  • 19087 battles
  • [NUFFS] NUFFS

View PostBLEW_U_UP, on Jun 28 2018 - 07:01, said:

View PostWOLPERTINGER_, on Jun 28 2018 - 07:02, said:

Its sad but true because it seems they don't. Smile_sceptic.gif

Most of the threads on this forum are about things that can only be changed in Russia, so of course they don’t seem to have much effect. Tournaments, on the other hand, are run by Domo and Jambi, and they post here quite often; I’d be surprised if they don’t read this and at least consider it.

MacDaddyMatty #13 Posted Jun 28 2018 - 16:48

Major

• -Players-
  • 23886 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View Postdominator_98, on Jun 28 2018 - 10:43, said:

Most of the threads on this forum are about things that can only be changed in Russia, so of course they don’t seem to have much effect. Tournaments, on the other hand, are run by Domo and Jambi, and they post here quite often; I’d be surprised if they don’t read this and at least consider it.

+1

:great:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users