• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

__WarChild__ #1 Posted Jun 28 2018 - 23:08

Major

• -Players-
  • 29988 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

Howdy Tankers,

I am not one who likes grinding tanks.  Stock parts and slow grinds just aren't my thing.  I don't get to do it unicum style where you free XP the whole thing and platoon with 2 others to help you through it.  I usually have to grind it piece by piece, running solo, and then deal with MM treating me with unusual hostility.  Therefore, I try to skip things like engines so I can move up faster and, hopefully, get the upgraded engine with the next tier tank automatically.  However, I see with my O-I, I have the option to upgrade to the Tier VIII engine that looks like it is the SAME engine used in Tiers VII - IX and, unfortunately, is a 2nd Upgrade option for all of those tiers as well (so I might as well get it now).

My question is though, is it the same Engine as the Tier X Type 5?  It looks like it has the same specs.

Tier VI Upgraded Engine:

versus

Tier X Type 5 engine:

The Power and Weight seem the same but they add the word "Kai" after the V-12 part.  What, if anything, does that mean?

Just curious.

Thanks!

__WarChild__

Edited by __WarChild__, Jun 28 2018 - 23:09.

BabA_YA6A #2 Posted Jun 28 2018 - 23:25

Captain

• Players
  • 26352 battles

All of the Japanese heavy tanks never made past the paper stage and the only one prototype built was dug in as coastal defense battery. So I imagine wargaming just used the usual guessomatic to come up with some specs.

Type 5 turret.PNG2.PNG3.PNG1.PNG

__WarChild__ #3 Posted Jun 28 2018 - 23:55

Major

• -Players-
  • 29988 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

View PostWOLPERTINGER_, on Jun 28 2018 - 16:25, said:

All of the Japanese heavy tanks never made past the paper stage and the only one prototype built that was dug in as coastal defense battery. So I imagine wargaming just used the usual guessomatic to come up with some specs.

Type 5 turret.PNG2.PNG3.PNG1.PNG

Those are cool pics.  Thanks for posting

AndrewSledge #4 Posted Jun 28 2018 - 23:57

Captain

• -Players-
  • 35534 battles
  • [1_FFD] 1_FFD

Kai means 'improved' I believe, because the Chi Nu Kai was supposed to be an improved version of the Chi Nu.

I suspect they call it the 'Kai' engine in the Type 5, just so it counts as a different module, even though it's stats are the same with the non-Kai engine. Why? I'm guessing it's so the XP required to unlock the Type 5 isn't reduced by the amount of XP for the engine or something.

__WarChild__ #5 Posted Jun 29 2018 - 00:03

Major

• -Players-
  • 29988 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

View PostAndrewSledge, on Jun 28 2018 - 16:57, said:

Kai means 'improved' I believe, because the Chi Nu Kai was supposed to be an improved version of the Chi Nu.

I suspect they call it the 'Kai' engine in the Type 5, just so it counts as a different module, even though it's stats are the same with the non-Kai engine. Why? I'm guessing it's so the XP required to unlock the Type 5 isn't reduced by the amount of XP for the engine or something.

Excellent explanation.  Thank you Sir!  :honoring:

pickpocket293 #6 Posted Jun 29 2018 - 00:16

Captain

• -Players-
  • 33622 battles
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS
It's the same engine all the way up. Get it early.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users