Worst heavy tanks in the game...my list.

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

RC_1140 #41 Posted Jul 08 2018 - 23:38

Captain

• Players
  • 57753 battles
  • [-NHL-] -NHL-

View Postearthman34, on Jul 04 2018 - 13:16, said:

Tier 5: OI Experimental. This is a polebarn on tracks, even more stupid than the TOG. At least the TOG has enough hitpoints to kill you before you kill it. And Wargaming buffed the armor and nerfed the gun, in a game where armor is mostly irrelevant. Runner up: VK 30.01 (H), because it's not really a heavy tank.

Tier 6: Churchill VII. We all know Wargaming hates British heavy tanks even more than it does American heavy tanks, here is your proof. Runner up: TOG II.

Tier 7: Black Prince, though arguably it's not that bad. Runner up, FV 201 A45, even though it's an uncommon reward tank, because it combines the worst qualities of British heavies and mediums at a tier that is one too high.

I didn't find the BP that bad but I can't really argue. 

Tier 8: AMX 65T. Slow. Low DPM, Inaccurate. Useless armor. Couldn't they make it do one thing well? Runner up: Emil 1/Caernarvon, because they both suck.

The caernarvon is op. Good armor and insane dpm. APCR pen is a bit low but the tank is op. 

Tier 9: Tough call, because nothing I've played at tier 9 really sucks that bad. Probably the Conqueror, simply because it needs better mobility for balance.

Are you insane? The conq is amazing. Good-great armor depending on if you're hull down. Standard heavy mobility. And epicly amazing gun. 

Tier 10: Another tough call, because I haven't played all these extensively, but I'm going with the Super Conqueror, because even though it's better than the 215 it replaced, the armor always lets it down. And it's also too slow. Runner up: T110 E5.

Now I know you're insane. Super conq is one of if not the best tier 10 heavy. Very good armor when sidescraping or hull down and a gun that is so good its almost broken. 

earthman34 #42 Posted Jul 08 2018 - 23:39

Major

• Players
  • 46154 battles

View PostNecrophore, on Jul 08 2018 - 16:33, said:

I got yelled at for sealclubbing in an M103. If it's going to be seals all the way up and down, you may as well have some fun with it.

I agree.

There is no fundamental difference at this point. Scrubs have been playing this game 6-7 years now. Some of them have a half dozen tier 10s. They sucked at tier 3, and they suck at tier 10. These people who keep screaming "play higher tiers" don't get it.

WangOnTheLoose #43 Posted Jul 08 2018 - 23:42

Major

• -Players-
  • 25319 battles
  • [TG] TG

View Postearthman34, on Jul 08 2018 - 17:15, said:

Yup.

I'll tell you why I hate the Super Conqueror.

1. Auto penned by whatever shoots at it, even tier 8's.

2. Loses a crew member on most hits, sometimes two.

3. Loses either the gun or ammo rack on most hits.

4. Is tracked on literally any hit to the lower half of the tank, any artillery hit, and being touched by any other tank.

5. Doesn't have enough DPM to scare anything. Most shots roll ~380, which isn't going to make any tier 10 turn and run.

These are almost exactly the same reasons I hate the T110 E5...Wargaming's intense contempt for British and American vehicles that slaughtered Russian vehicles on every battlefield of the world.

Too amusing, SuperConq is considered borderline OP by a lot of people.  Hull down its virtually unbeatable.  You are doing it wrong.

RC_1140 #44 Posted Jul 08 2018 - 23:49

Captain

• Players
  • 57753 battles
  • [-NHL-] -NHL-

View PostAbsolutely_Degenerate, on Jul 07 2018 - 07:42, said:

This thread does one thing well, it makes it real easy to see who loads full APCR in the conq/super conq and who doesn't. 

You don't even need APCR in the conq for most things. Although I will admit to using mostly APCR in the super conq, but mostly due to the super fast reload. I'd hate to run out of apcr when I really need it. 

View Postearthman34, on Jul 08 2018 - 14:15, said:

Yup.

I'll tell you why I hate the Super Conqueror. 

1. Auto penned by whatever shoots at it, even tier 8's.

2. Loses a crew member on most hits, sometimes two.

3. Loses either the gun or ammo rack on most hits.

4. Is tracked on literally any hit to the lower half of the tank, any artillery hit, and being touched by any other tank.

5. Doesn't have enough DPM to scare anything. Most shots roll ~380, which isn't going to make any tier 10 turn and run.

These are almost exactly the same reasons I hate the T110 E5...Wargaming's intense contempt for British and American vehicles that slaughtered Russian vehicles on every battlefield of the world.

I don't have these issues with the armor, maybe go hull down? Also it literally has the best dpm of all tier 10 heavies. Do you mean the damage per shot?  

earthman34 #45 Posted Jul 08 2018 - 23:51

Major

• Players
  • 46154 battles

View PostRC_1140, on Jul 08 2018 - 16:38, said:

Now I know you're insane. Super conq is one of if not the best tier 10 heavy. Very good armor when sidescraping or hull down and a gun that is so good its almost broken. 

Nonsense. The gun trolls constantly. Supposed to be .3 dispersion? [edited]. I get more hits with the IS-7 gun. And this is beside the usual RNG crapola where you hit vehicles with 25mm armor in the side 4 times and get to hear "that one didn't go through". 

earthman34 #46 Posted Jul 08 2018 - 23:58

Major

• Players
  • 46154 battles

View PostWangOnTheLoose, on Jul 08 2018 - 16:42, said:

Too amusing, SuperConq is considered borderline OP by a lot of people.  Hull down its virtually unbeatable.  You are doing it wrong.

Artillery and HE make your "hull down" kind of irrelevant. Also, there are very few "hull down" spots on any of these maps anymore. And I've noticed that people have this annoying tendency to drive around and shoot you in the backside...and since they're twice as fast, it's hard to get away.

Frostblitz20 #47 Posted Jul 09 2018 - 00:47

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3269 battles
  • [VAHLA] VAHLA
Super conq is vastly better then the E5 and is a clan perfered tank for advancements and arms race so idk what rock your hiding under

Also you mention about how arty makes hull down pointless for super conq... well that implys to almost every heavy tank in the game so that point is invalid...

xtc4 #48 Posted Jul 09 2018 - 01:08

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 23826 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X

View Postspud_tuber, on Jul 04 2018 - 18:09, said:

Why are people putting the BP on the list when the amx m4 45 exists?

Agree. That was one of the worst tanks ever.

xtc4 #49 Posted Jul 09 2018 - 01:18

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 23826 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X

View Postw1ckymagee, on Jul 07 2018 - 10:00, said:

Tier 9: T-10 - Before anyone starts to rag this, I've only played 3 of the tier 9 heavies and this one was my least favorite among them.  I enjoyed the M103 and the E75 a lot, I just couldn't get the hang of the T10s heavium play style, which is strange because I play mediums a lot and prefer them to heavies in most cases.

I'll start. No.

MCBAIN4EVER #50 Posted Jul 09 2018 - 01:31

Captain

• Players
  • 13119 battles
  • [AWOO] AWOO
3001H
Church VII
Tiger P
65t
M103
IS-4

As a F2P player I went for a lot of pain so my list is almost definitive.(I can give the 3001H a second chance playing it as a TD, the next crap is the O-I exp)

PD: M103 should not deserve that place but is the most weak of them.

jairogut #51 Posted Jul 09 2018 - 21:14

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 26026 battles
  • [GSH] GSH

View PostTrauglodyte, on Jul 06 2018 - 16:42, said:

I think that the overall problem with this list is that people assume that all Heavies are equal and are, point of fact, Heavy tanks.  Germany doesn't really get heavy tanks until tier 9, with the exception of the VK 100.01 P.  The British don't get a real heavy tank until tier 8.  It is the same with the French.  The US gets theirs at tier 7 and the Russian/Chinese/Japanese get theirs at tier 5.

Just because it is listed as a heavy, that doesn't mean that it is actually IS a heavy.  German tanks are field tanks that are the love children of Medium tanks and TDs.  The Churchills/BP are the same exact thing.  French heavies are about long ranged support burst.  Play to the strength of the tank and stop trying to shoehorn it into something that it isn't.  I WISH that I had figured that out a long time ago because it would have saved me a lot of frustration with pushing into the teeth of the enemy team with awful flat German armor.

EDIT:  The 45.02A is an AMAZING tank - heathens!!!!

I completely agree with you bro.... in GSH we only run german tanks..... People usually say the Tiger 1 sucks but for me, its one of the best tanks..... And yes... The VK45.02 rcompletely rocks....I always play it as a heavy medium.... 

MCBAIN4EVER #52 Posted Jul 09 2018 - 21:20

Captain

• Players
  • 13119 battles
  • [AWOO] AWOO
4502A has very bad gun depression, it says it has -8 but in reality it feels like -5. Most of the time it's frustrating.

The good thing it has it's FUN, otherwise it would be the worst tier 8.

_Red_Saaryn_ #53 Posted Jul 09 2018 - 22:55

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 14839 battles
  • [-IKR-] -IKR-

Tier 5: OI exp. This tank used to be awesome but then they nerfed it and is trash.

Tier 6: OI. Used to have speed before nerf and also armor, just a waste of time again. Churcill. Cause screw you British right wg? 

Tier 7: black prince. Do I have to say more?. I remember one time I was in my m4 jumbo. All I had to do was to literally go in front of him and don't let him move. I literally blocked over 5k damage that game, in my medium/heavy m4 jumbo. The poor had top gun and even with gold couldn't penetrate my frontal armor. That was the moment I realized that it was the lamest tank ever XD. He was so desperate that he started using HE doing 10-20 damage each shot while I was using derp and doing 60-120 damage each shot.

Tier 8. This is really a shame for me. I really came to this game for this tank line hoping it would be close to its reputation. KING TIGER. (Tiger 2). The gun penetration is lame, the armor is even more lame, the speed is ok. The concealment for a tank that was used to ambush enemies in the past. in this game has a lot to wish for. Tiger 1 was amazing, good bouncy armor when angled right, awesome dpm/pen/alpha mix with good view range and speed/concealment. King tiger feels like a downgrade mostly because it faces tier 10 and in tier 10 less than 230 pen is useless. The armor in general of all tier 10 is useless as well since most tier 10 spam HEAT and there is the annoying fv 1 hitting tanks from across the map. 

Tier 9: emil 2. Painful stock grind, painful top gun, you can choose between no penetration and awesome reload time for an autoloader OR ANNOYINGLY SLOW RELOAD with average penetration and average alpha. The tank is specially weak to arty. With a single high tier arty splash you lose half crew and modules, even worse if it hits or if you are unlucky, it penetrates your turret from the front. That's an insta ammo rack/torch/rekt there. 

Tier 10 I could say kranvagn but because it has the same annoyingly slowly reloading of the tier 9 gun along with same penetration and alpha. The only way you can make these two work is by spamming HEAT 

jairogut #54 Posted Jul 10 2018 - 02:26

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 26026 battles
  • [GSH] GSH

View PostMCBAIN4EVER, on Jul 09 2018 - 21:20, said:

4502A has very bad gun depression, it says it has -8 but in reality it feels like -5. Most of the time it's frustrating.

The good thing it has it's FUN, otherwise it would be the worst tier 8.

It feels? It has 8 degrees... thats it....  you do not "feel" that.... 

jairogut #55 Posted Jul 10 2018 - 02:33

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 26026 battles
  • [GSH] GSH

View Post_Red_Saaryn_, on Jul 09 2018 - 22:55, said:

Tier 5: OI exp. This tank used to be awesome but then they nerfed it and is trash.

Tier 6: OI. Used to have speed before nerf and also armor, just a waste of time again. Churcill. Cause screw you British right wg? 

Tier 7: black prince. Do I have to say more?. I remember one time I was in my m4 jumbo. All I had to do was to literally go in front of him and don't let him move. I literally blocked over 5k damage that game, in my medium/heavy m4 jumbo. The poor had top gun and even with gold couldn't penetrate my frontal armor. That was the moment I realized that it was the lamest tank ever XD. He was so desperate that he started using HE doing 10-20 damage each shot while I was using derp and doing 60-120 damage each shot.

Tier 8. This is really a shame for me. I really came to this game for this tank line hoping it would be close to its reputation. KING TIGER. (Tiger 2). The gun penetration is lame, the armor is even more lame, the speed is ok. The concealment for a tank that was used to ambush enemies in the past. in this game has a lot to wish for. Tiger 1 was amazing, good bouncy armor when angled right, awesome dpm/pen/alpha mix with good view range and speed/concealment. King tiger feels like a downgrade mostly because it faces tier 10 and in tier 10 less than 230 pen is useless. The armor in general of all tier 10 is useless as well since most tier 10 spam HEAT and there is the annoying fv 1 hitting tanks from across the map. 

Tier 9: emil 2. Painful stock grind, painful top gun, you can choose between no penetration and awesome reload time for an autoloader OR ANNOYINGLY SLOW RELOAD with average penetration and average alpha. The tank is specially weak to arty. With a single high tier arty splash you lose half crew and modules, even worse if it hits or if you are unlucky, it penetrates your turret from the front. That's an insta ammo rack/torch/rekt there. 

Tier 10 I could say kranvagn but because it has the same annoyingly slowly reloading of the tier 9 gun along with same penetration and alpha. The only way you can make these two work is by spamming HEAT 

I understand that the Tiger 2 is difficult to play for inexperienced players... but you are totally wrong.... First... check out this comparison: https://tanks.gg/compare/tiger-ii?t=is-3~emil-i~kv-5~amx-50-100~alpine-tiger~chrysler-gf

- Penetration of the Tiger 2 is above average....

- Gun handling of the Tiger 2 is the best on its class....

- Cammo? Which heavy has cammo? Then you have to talk about the view range... the best in its class...

- Speed? No the Tiger 2 is very slow.... you are wrong again..... 

MCBAIN4EVER #56 Posted Jul 10 2018 - 03:09

Captain

• Players
  • 13119 battles
  • [AWOO] AWOO

View Postjairogut, on Jul 10 2018 - 01:26, said:

It feels? It has 8 degrees... thats it....  you do not "feel" that.... 

A tall tank with -8 gun depression doesn't has the same feeling as a short tank with the same depression. Turret placement has an impact too.

_Red_Saaryn_ #57 Posted Jul 10 2018 - 22:28

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 14839 battles
  • [-IKR-] -IKR-

View Postjairogut, on Jul 10 2018 - 02:33, said:

I understand that the Tiger 2 is difficult to play for inexperienced players... but you are totally wrong.... First... check out this comparison: https://tanks.gg/compare/tiger-ii?t=is-3~emil-i~kv-5~amx-50-100~alpine-tiger~chrysler-gf

- Penetration of the Tiger 2 is above average....

- Gun handling of the Tiger 2 is the best on its class....

- Cammo? Which heavy has cammo? Then you have to talk about the view range... the best in its class...

- Speed? No the Tiger 2 is very slow.... you are wrong again..... 

Have you faced a kt vs a super conqueror?, vs a maus?, e100?, vs an is7?, vs a t10 jag?, vs a fv? All of those. Tiger 1 is awesome and sometimes even OP but there is a huuuuge difference that you didn't count with before opening your maw. King tiger faces OP as fek tanks 99 of each 100 battles. That gun penetration isn't enough. Geez even with a Lowe need to load the gold to penetrate those OP tanks and Lowe has an average penetration of 230 and up unlike king tiger. The penetration of the king tiger is OK and even good when "same tier". And indeed tiger 1 had camo. I made a 4 skill crew for tiger 1 and I can conceal myself really good when I'm in tier 9 battles without troubles 

madogthefirst #58 Posted Jul 11 2018 - 02:26

Major

• Players
  • 23235 battles
  • [ZEUS] ZEUS

View Post_Red_Saaryn_, on Jul 09 2018 - 13:55, said:

Relevant:

If you still want he has featured a few more of my Tiger II games.

jairogut #59 Posted Jul 11 2018 - 05:25

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 26026 battles
  • [GSH] GSH

View Post_Red_Saaryn_, on Jul 10 2018 - 22:28, said:

Have you faced a kt vs a super conqueror?, vs a maus?, e100?, vs an is7?, vs a t10 jag?, vs a fv? All of those. Tiger 1 is awesome and sometimes even OP but there is a huuuuge difference that you didn't count with before opening your maw. King tiger faces OP as fek tanks 99 of each 100 battles. That gun penetration isn't enough. Geez even with a Lowe need to load the gold to penetrate those OP tanks and Lowe has an average penetration of 230 and up unlike king tiger. The penetration of the king tiger is OK and even good when "same tier". And indeed tiger 1 had camo. I made a 4 skill crew for tiger 1 and I can conceal myself really good when I'm in tier 9 battles without troubles 

I have faced all... I have 3 marks on my tiger 2..... Did you even check the link I sent you?  https://tanks.gg/compare/tiger-ii?l=51112g&t=is-3_71112m~emil-i_101114~kv-5_000001~amx-50-100_202117~alpine-tiger_000001~chrysler-gf_000001 .. it is updated with premium ammo penetration ... which tank has the top penetration? I guess you do not know how to use it... and you brawl with it in tier 10 matches.... Well .. what else can you do with 801 WN8? 

I_QQ_4_U #60 Posted Jul 11 2018 - 08:27

Major

• -Players-
  • 16502 battles
The Caernarvon was good before the buffs, have not played it since but I've only heard good things about it since it was buffed. Saying the Conq and S Conq are bad it retarded.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users