• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

Gnomon #1 Posted Jul 05 2018 - 17:17

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 782 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

Hi, everyone! 

With the recent release of the Battle of Kursk Event, I thought I'd make a quick F.A.Q. for questions I've seen on the forums and to centralize a bit of info. I apologize for the wall of text, but I wanted to get as many questions in as possible.  

Hope this helps! 

Q: When can I play the Battle of Kursk event?

A: Remembering Kursk is a 50-day challenge. The event starts today, July 5th. It will end on August 23rd.

Q: So, what type of event is this? 

A: The Battle of Kursk event is a chain of missions that rewards daily points that add up to reward you with prizes. A new mission will be unlocked daily with two paths for completion, North and South Directions. 

Q: What can I get from taking part in the event? 

A: The main rewards are a commemorative medal, the T-34 shielded, and a special Kursk-dedicated style that you can apply to any tank in your Garage. You can also earn things like consumables, Premium Time, and equipment! 

The Point-based rewards can be found below:

Event Rewards

Q: Does the 30 Point reward tank come with Crew?

A: The T-34 shielded rewarded at the 30 Point mark comes with 100% Crew, as listed above. 

Q: What is the T-34 Shielded?

A: Well, it's based off the normal T-34 but the T-34S has additional armor screens on the sides of the hull and on the turret. It comes with a 76mm gun, and APCR ammo as its standard round. 

Here is a little bit of info on the history of the tank: "The T-34 shielded was one of the projects to improve armor of the T-34 series tanks. This variant of shielding was developed by engineers of Research Institute-48 and Plant No. 112 under the supervision of I. Burtsev. During the field trials, the armored screen sides were able to withstand fire from 37mm and 50mm anti-tank guns but were penetrated by Armor-Piercing 88mm and 75mm shells. All manufactured prototypes were sent to the front and lost in battles."

Check out its Tankopedia entry here for more info and stats: T-34 Shielded

Also, Domo did a pretty great write-up on the tank here: Get to know the Shielded T-34

Q: What modes can I complete missions in?

A: You can complete the missions in Random Battles (Standard, Assault, Encounter) and Grand Battles.

Q: How do I complete missions and play in the event?

A: The mission requirements will be listed for you each day, and you will have to option to complete either the North or South Directions. By completing missions, you earn points for the event. 

Q: Can I complete both Directions for the same daily mission?

A: No. Once you finish either the North or South Direction requirement, the mission for that day is done and the other Direction cannot be completed. 

Q: What is the difference between the North and South Directions? Which should I do?! 

A: Well, first off, they provide the same rewards for the daily mission. The North Direction missions can be completed using any tank Tier IV and higher (but not those used for the South Direction), but the Northern mission requirements will be a bit more difficult to complete. South Direction missions can be completed in the tanks that took part in the Battle of Kursk, and the mission requirements will be slightly easier than the North. 

Q: Which tanks can I use for the South Direction?

A: Those tanks can be found in the drop-down below:

Vehicles for South Direction

Q: When do new missions become available?

A: A new mission will become available to you each day that the event is live. 

Q: Where can I view my mission and event progress?

A: Your event and mission progress can be viewed in the game client. There should be an extra mission flag at the top of your Garage that will take you directly to your progress and the event page. 

Q: Can the style on the T-34 shielded be removed or put on other tanks? 

A: The style that comes with T-34 shielded is unique and cannot be removed from the T-34S or placed on other tanks. 

Q: Can I remove the style rewarded from earning 50 points? Can it be applied to other tanks?

A: The style can be applied to any Tier I-X tank.

Q: Do you have any articles or videos that explain more about the event?

A: Sure do! Check out all of these links, if you'd like:

Thanks, everyone, and I hope this helps to answer some of your questions!

See you on the battlefield! 

Edited by Gnomon, Jul 05 2018 - 21:40.

rich73 #2 Posted Jul 05 2018 - 17:25

Major

• Players
  • 50775 battles
Why do we need a wall of text to explain in game missions??Can not WG be clear in game what the friggen missions are and which tanks instead of vague reference?Be more clear in game.If you have to do this,then things are not clear.WG really needs to look at itself if it can not do a simple mission without confusion.Confusion seems to be the only staple in the game.Best rumour I have ever heard on this game is that WG was thinking of selling.

Spudsters #3 Posted Jul 05 2018 - 17:37

Corporal

• Players
  • 18857 battles
  • [RE4GD] RE4GD

If you Purchase the T34S and then earn it in the event what happens? Are you awarded its gold value back since you already have it or? what about the crew? is this like the other event where if you purchase the tank the missions are considered completed??

Thanks

Platedmeat #4 Posted Jul 05 2018 - 17:37

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 43721 battles

View Postrich73, on Jul 05 2018 - 11:25, said:

Why do we need a wall of text to explain in game missions??Can not WG be clear in game what the friggen missions are and which tanks instead of vague reference?Be more clear in game.If you have to do this,then things are not clear.WG really needs to look at itself if it can not do a simple mission without confusion.Confusion seems to be the only staple in the game.Best rumour I have ever heard on this game is that WG was thinking of selling.

Your seriously complaining about someone at WG taking the time to fully explain the mission ? Your kidding right ? If anything, WG in the past has definitely made lack of communication a seemingly top priority. Also considering reading and comprehension is "challenging" to say the least for some players, this posting by Gnomon is like a breath of fresh air.

Edited by Platedmeat, Jul 05 2018 - 17:38.

Gnomon #5 Posted Jul 05 2018 - 17:42

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 782 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View PostSpudsters, on Jul 05 2018 - 10:37, said:

If you Purchase the T34S and then earn it in the event what happens? Are you awarded its gold value back since you already have it or? what about the crew? is this like the other event where if you purchase the tank the missions are considered completed??

Thanks

Hiya! If you purchase the T34S and then earn 30 Points for the event, you will receive Credits for that reward.

Also, if you purchase the tank, the missions will not be completed and you can use the T-34S to work on the South Directions. 

Gnomon #6 Posted Jul 05 2018 - 17:45

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 782 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View Postrich73, on Jul 05 2018 - 10:25, said:

I do apologize if there is any confusion caused. Almost all of the information in the F.A.Q. was provided in release articles or explained in-game. I compiled it into this post just to be thorough and provide a quick reference for folks. 

Platedmeat #7 Posted Jul 05 2018 - 17:48

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 43721 battles

View PostGnomon, on Jul 05 2018 - 11:45, said:

I do apologize if there is any confusion caused. Almost all of the information in the F.A.Q. was provided in release articles or explained in-game. I compiled it into this post just to be thorough and provide a quick reference for folks. 

Gnomon there is no need to apologize.

YANKEE137 #8 Posted Jul 05 2018 - 18:09

Major

• -Players-
  • 10068 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR
I only come here to complain.

Klunk73 #9 Posted Jul 05 2018 - 18:12

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 12453 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View Postrich73, on Jul 05 2018 - 09:25, said:

TROLL!!!

Spudsters #10 Posted Jul 05 2018 - 18:17

Corporal

• Players
  • 18857 battles
  • [RE4GD] RE4GD

View PostGnomon, on Jul 05 2018 - 09:42, said:

Hiya! If you purchase the T34S and then earn 30 Points for the event, you will receive Credits for that reward.

Also, if you purchase the tank, the missions will not be completed and you can use the T-34S to work on the South Directions. 

Thank you for clearing that up! Much appreciated.

madogthefirst #11 Posted Jul 05 2018 - 19:34

Major

• Players
  • 23301 battles
  • [ZEUS] ZEUS
There will be a new mission every day, do they have to be completed that day?

rich73 #12 Posted Jul 05 2018 - 19:56

Major

• Players
  • 50775 battles

View PostPlatedmeat, on Jul 05 2018 - 08:37, said:

Your seriously complaining about someone at WG taking the time to fully explain the mission ? Your kidding right ? If anything, WG in the past has definitely made lack of communication a seemingly top priority. Also considering reading and comprehension is "challenging" to say the least for some players, this posting by Gnomon is like a breath of fresh air.

Thats not the point.That they have to do that is the point.Sheesh.quit brown nosing.Its just too regular a thing,

zuquizu #13 Posted Jul 05 2018 - 20:15

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 14652 battles
  • [AZTKZ] AZTKZ

Q: What can I get from taking part in the event? 

A: The main rewards are a commemorative medal,

yeah i will do it for the pixel medal :sceptic:

DomoSapien #14 Posted Jul 05 2018 - 21:15

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 13585 battles
  • [WGA] WGA
Shameless plug: I did a write-up on the Shielded T-34, if you'd like to get to know the vehicle a little better.

View Postrich73, on Jul 05 2018 - 10:25, said:

You can mouse over the little "i" icon next to the South Front to see what tanks are eligible for the Kursk Missions. And I don't know where you heard that rumor but it's blatantly false. Perhaps I can shed a bit of light as to why we make posts like this one. As Community Coordinators, we have no direct/immediate influence over development or design choices. Since asking our dev team to change something involves changing it for each and every region, as well as substantial manpower, we try to do what we can to clarify and educate on the Community side. Nobody told Gnomon he had to post this. He saw a way in which he might be able to help out, so he took the initiative to do it.

Edited by DomoSapien, Jul 05 2018 - 21:30.

MFGrant #15 Posted Jul 05 2018 - 21:29

Major

• -Players-
  • 11809 battles
  • [DVAB] DVAB

View Postrich73, on Jul 05 2018 - 12:56, said:

Thats not the point.That they have to do that is the point.Sheesh.quit brown nosing.Its just too regular a thing,

Well Gnomon did say they did it of their own accord.  I am frankly a bit shocked to see it as I'm used to thread after thread on the forums of us players putting all the details together and having to explain it to each other.  Essentially doing the same method that Gnomon did for us.  I mean, with how complex everything in this game can be why wouldn't you expect complex mission information?

Jasonaldean_2018 #16 Posted Jul 05 2018 - 22:02

Private

• -Players-
  • 0 battles
Good Thanks for sharing us.

nekojima #17 Posted Jul 05 2018 - 22:05

Captain

• Players
  • 39767 battles
Says we can play in Grand Battles but none of the tanks qualify, right?

MFGrant #18 Posted Jul 05 2018 - 22:09

Major

• -Players-
  • 11809 battles
  • [DVAB] DVAB

View Postnekojima, on Jul 05 2018 - 15:05, said:

Says we can play in Grand Battles but none of the tanks qualify, right?

There are two paths to completion.  One using only tanks that were historically present (South Direction) and the other which is completed in any tanks tier IV and up (North Direction).

BeastOfGod #19 Posted Jul 05 2018 - 22:17

Corporal

• Players
  • 39158 battles
if you start north first day , do you have to stay going north or can you go south? 

Gnomon #20 Posted Jul 06 2018 - 00:26

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 782 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View PostBeastOfGod, on Jul 05 2018 - 15:17, said:

if you start north first day , do you have to stay going north or can you go south? 

You can "mix" Directions throughout the event and complete some missions from the North and some from the South. Basically, your Direction choice one day has no impact on your choice the following day.  

Also tagged with kursk

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users