• 10959 battles
  • [L4ST] L4ST
Ban your bots in socca mode!!

LintinPocket #22 Posted Jul 05 2018 - 20:32

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 455 battles

View PostLeaveIT2Beaver, on Jul 05 2018 - 11:22, said:

"Getting flagged for using third party software for the first time will result in a warning and a seven day ban"

Don't you think the term "illegal" or "Prohibited" should be in there somewhere? Legal mods are third-party software

I guess if the person really needed a explanation for the topic he was reading on cheating.

You once accused me after a match of cheating when I had a NA account. You do not remember been a few years. You didn't say illegal or prohibited in your conversation.

artibob #23 Posted Jul 05 2018 - 20:54

Private

• Players
  • 38020 battles

I have found the biggest cheater to be WG itself with the RNG they implemented - forcing you to miss 66% of your shots is not fair - causing you to not penn or get damage 66% of the time is also not fair - helping the other team at the same time to make 100% of their shots even running at full speed makes this even more unfair - as a person that has spent hundreds on this game like a fool, I find this even more unfair - when I started playing this game there were 30k to 40k on the east server and 20k to 30k on the west server - since you put in this RNG you had to combine both servers due to all the players that have left - when I logged in this morning there were less then 5,000 players - look at all the money that RNG has cost you -

My wife just paid you for another 360 Premium Days as a present to me without my knowledge - I have advised her to NEVER give you another dime unless I approve it - Please make this game fair and remove the RNG -

P.S. you have nuttered and destroyed almost all the tanks I spent years grinding to the point of non-playable -

WG is the biggest cheater in the game and is killing it with these Fairness Polices implemented for the crybaby's that probably do not pay to support the game -

artibob

Termitey #24 Posted Jul 05 2018 - 22:25

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 89997 battles
  • [GOD_Z] GOD_Z

Banning your shrinking playerbase is another nail in the coffin for WG

All they have to do is block the so called cheater from having MODS

WG allow the use of MODS 

Just stupid WG killing your own game is your own fault

Samelde #25 Posted Jul 05 2018 - 22:30

Sergeant

• Players
  • 29866 battles

0.02 - Agree with arthritis, its a [edited]. Recall that WG in the past has been reluctant to name names visavis prohibited software, they are more descriptive in their prohibitions. Analogy: There is no posted speed limit like say 60 MPH, rather Smokey pulls you over cause you have an altered chip in your car that gives you higher performance. Oh, and they like to move the goal posts during the game, so mods that were OK are now not OK. Good luck getting a list. 

Meta: Its risky to even discuss this stuff.

Snotklap #26 Posted Jul 05 2018 - 22:42

Private

• Players
  • 3345 battles

Please explain to me how they can prove one uses an illegal mod. One can only speculate in battle which players do.

But to prove that without screenshots or replays from their battles is almost impossible.

Did anybody ever got banned wrongly over this? And if so how do you prove your innocence? as WG is not in the habit of listening to anyone.

Isola_di_Fano #27 Posted Jul 05 2018 - 22:45

Major

• Players
  • 21580 battles

View PostTermitey, on Jul 05 2018 - 16:25, said:

Banning your shrinking playerbase is another nail in the coffin for WG

All they have to do is block the so called cheater from having MODS

This is funny.

Anyone stupid enough to use a cheat deserves to lose their account.

The so-called " shringking playerbase " can do without those clowns.

Tahllol #28 Posted Jul 06 2018 - 00:23

Captain

• -Players-
  • 10823 battles

View PostGnomon, on Jul 05 2018 - 17:37, said:

Hi, again! 

I wanted to provide y'all with an update on the Fair Play Policy. 

If you've never heard of it, the Fair Play Policy was created for penalizing the use of any prohibited software. You can find our original article over it here that explains the workings in further detail: Fair Play Policy 

Recently, we've penalized 814 accounts for using prohibited software and banned another 215 accounts permanently for habitually breaking these rules.

You can read up on this in our Summer Update - Fair Play Policy Update: Summer 2018

Ensuring fair play is our priority, and we'll continue to fight to create a fair ecosystem for our players.  

Thanks, everyone! See you out on the battlefield! 

Now if we could just get you to do something about all the botting idiots

McPig #29 Posted Jul 06 2018 - 00:27

Corporal

• Players
  • 35512 battles
  • [-OPS-] -OPS-

View PostNudnick, on Jul 05 2018 - 11:45, said:

You should have banned all 1,029. Disallow all mods and you won't have this problem.

I fully agree.  The in-game mods are wrong and are conducive to cheating.  Ban all cheaters from the get go; eliminate all mods.   If it is important enough to allow in the game, it should be part of the game algorithm. 

McPig #30 Posted Jul 06 2018 - 00:37

Corporal

• Players
  • 35512 battles
  • [-OPS-] -OPS-

View Postoldsurferjoe, on Jul 05 2018 - 12:28, said:

Welp been banned - I fully admit I use AutoAim ++ (not the one in Aslain's) - I have always been overt that I used it and why! I used it when it was a legal mod and part of most mod packs, and continued to after its ban. I have arthritis in my hands and it was a must for me really. I fully knew I was skirting the rules, so it's on me.

After 7 years and a lot of money spent, time it's a shame - but that's how it goes.

Good luck all to many good friends made, but this is a sign to move on!

Well, if you got a perma ban, then you were warned with a temp ban first.  Apparently you ignored it.  Many of his have arthritis, some have even worse problems but cheating is NOT the way to overcome it.  You enhanced your game enjoyment was at the cost of ruining the enjoyment of others.  Kinda selfish I think.

McPig #31 Posted Jul 06 2018 - 00:41

Corporal

• Players
  • 35512 battles
  • [-OPS-] -OPS-

View Postruiguo08, on Jul 05 2018 - 18:30, said:

My account was suspended for 7 days for bot-afk. Well here's the thing I don't understand. I never used any bot software and I've never intentionally left a battle while it's going on and I was alive. I filed an appeal earlier today and the answer I got simply repeated the email I received. I believe it is my right to demand that Wargaming provide me with further evidence for the reason of my suspension.

Never had much success with WOT support or management.  Sometimes I don't think the people answering the questions know how their own game system works.  

Never left a battle on my own, but have lost connect and wasn't able to rejoin before the battle was done.  I suspect on of the kids in that one all reported me without understanding what happened.

WIZD #32 Posted Jul 06 2018 - 00:51

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 9005 battles
  • [ASP] ASP

View Postdominator_98, on Jul 05 2018 - 18:03, said:

Tens of thousands of players use legal mods to improve their gaming experience. Banning all mods because there’s a handful of people who use cheat mods doesn’t really seem fair.

Any mod that changes the game from vanilla (short of visualization tweaks) gives a player an edge. WOT allows anything that doesn't do an action for you. Tell me that zoom out mod isn't cheating. Go ahead I'm waiting. My reply is it is indeed cheating. It's allowed in certain WG clients but it's cheating. Just because it's allowed doesn't mean it doesn't give you an advantage. Not blaming those who use them (I prefer vanilla I'm to lazy to keep reupdating mods every 2 days) they are legal but to say it's not cheating makes you a fool.

ruiguo08 #33 Posted Jul 06 2018 - 00:58

Corporal

• Players
  • 17241 battles
  • [PRC] PRC

View PostMcPig, on Jul 05 2018 - 18:41, said:

Never had much success with WOT support or management.  Sometimes I don't think the people answering the questions know how their own game system works.  

Never left a battle on my own, but have lost connect and wasn't able to rejoin before the battle was done.  I suspect on of the kids in that one all reported me without understanding what happened.

Thanks for your reply. I filed another appeal earlier and I do wish that someone is going to take it serious. As for issues like lost connection, it did happen recently but it's because of the issues that WG server experienced in June.

WIZD #34 Posted Jul 06 2018 - 01:01

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 9005 battles
  • [ASP] ASP

View Postruiguo08, on Jul 06 2018 - 00:30, said:

My account was suspended for 7 days for bot-afk. Well here's the thing I don't understand. I never used any bot software and I've never intentionally left a battle while it's going on and I was alive. I filed an appeal earlier today and the answer I got simply repeated the email I received. I believe it is my right to demand that Wargaming provide me with further evidence for the reason of my suspension.

While I agree they should prove to you they are justified don't get mad for constantly doing nothing to help your team. They banned you because it was a pattern. The system looks at the people with the most reports for that day first. You got the most reports against you that day for botting (maybe no one else reported any that day). Keep in mind they don't have to give you a reason though. EULA or agreement. They can take your account just because.

ruiguo08 #35 Posted Jul 06 2018 - 01:09

Corporal

• Players
  • 17241 battles
  • [PRC] PRC

View PostWIZD, on Jul 05 2018 - 19:01, said:

While I agree they should prove to you they are justified don't get mad for constantly doing nothing to help your team. They banned you because it was a pattern. The system looks at the people with the most reports for that day first. You got the most reports against you that day for botting (maybe no one else reported any that day). Keep in mind they don't have to give you a reason though. EULA or agreement. They can take your account just because.

Thanks for the reply.

Honestly speaking, I don't understand how WG decides whether someone is playing bot. If it's just by the counts of reports then it simply doesn't make any sense. I think they must have some kind of parameters to check to decide if someone is playing bot, like win rate, damage per game or so. If there's no such thing and WG simply decide a player is bot or not by counts of reports, I do believe they need to improve on it. If my guess is correct, I do hope that WG can tell me by which parameter they believe I was playing bot.

stratovaious #36 Posted Jul 06 2018 - 01:30

Corporal

• Players
  • 28375 battles
  • [SCHSM] SCHSM
Speaking of fair play fix your fing game......

Kenshin2kx #37 Posted Jul 06 2018 - 01:37

Major

• -Players-
  • 18111 battles

The present problem as I see it is the player based inertia that 3rd party mods has been allowed to date ... add in the compounding problem of having to selectively filter existing mods for (presently) legal ones.

So, given the less than ideal state of increased player crack down after the fact ... I would suggest to WG to take a step back and reorganize this effort with a different means toward the end of 'fair play' ... IMHO, WG should create a development buffer for mods ... the mods themselves can be made by anyone (the ideal would be WG) ... but, all such mods that are intended for the game should be submitted for game inclusion review ... if it passes, then it would be put on time based trail use for a period of time ... if after said period, if it passes final evaluation, then it should be officially recognized by WG for actual optional inclusion by the player from a list of 'certified' mods ... Now for this to work, it should be given reasonable resources for timely processing of mods for player usage.

As for cheating ... perhaps a mandatory scan of the mods folder for each player, prior to admittance to the garage?  ... or maybe have the player mod folder contents server side?

Winterpeger #38 Posted Jul 06 2018 - 01:50

Major

• Players
  • 51233 battles
  • [DD-S] DD-S

View Postruiguo08, on Jul 05 2018 - 18:38, said:

Every time there is an update in the game client, I downloaded the latest Aslain's mod pack and reinstalled it. I also check to see if there's any update every week. I am not sure what they mean by 'earlier versions', but I believe the version I've been using should not be considered as the 'unchecked and unapproved' 'earlier versions'.

When you installed Aslain's modpack, did you select the option to delete python logs and and game caches.  If you are just re-installing.. you could still have something left over.

ruiguo08 #39 Posted Jul 06 2018 - 02:04

Corporal

• Players
  • 17241 battles
  • [PRC] PRC

View PostWinterpeger, on Jul 05 2018 - 19:50, said:

When you installed Aslain's modpack, did you select the option to delete python logs and and game caches.  If you are just re-installing.. you could still have something left over.

Thanks for your reply. I didn't delete the python logs and game caches every time I reinstalled the mod. But I did check those two options once in a while (likely once every month or so).

Roadhardputawaywet #40 Posted Jul 06 2018 - 02:36

Captain

• Players
  • 38288 battles
  • [FUSON] FUSON

View PostMcPig, on Jul 05 2018 - 15:37, said:

Well, if you got a perma ban, then you were warned with a temp ban first.  Apparently you ignored it.  Many of his have arthritis, some have even worse problems but cheating is NOT the way to overcome it.  You enhanced your game enjoyment was at the cost of ruining the enjoyment of others.  Kinda selfish I think.

Actually no I don't feel like it was selfish at all. The mod was legal for years and was even in the forum as a recommended and awarded it for its innovation in modding community for this game. 100's of people wrote up in this forum that they thought it was unfair that the mod was banned, including myself. I overtly used it - never hide it and would do it again. This is a game - the word illegal is a misnomer - prohibited ok. There are many things that WG'ing has done over the history of this game I don't agree with - labeling autoaim ++ as an illegal mod was one of them!

I knew what I was doing - its on me! But acting selfishly - nope that's really not how I see it. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users