• Players
  • 30451 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View PostTermitey, on Jul 05 2018 - 13:25, said:

Banning your shrinking playerbase is another nail in the coffin for WG

All they have to do is block the so called cheater from having MODS

WG allow the use of MODS 

Just stupid WG killing your own game is your own fault

Not banning cheaters will shrink your playerbase as well.  Cheaters deserve their bans.

EmperorJuliusCaesar #42 Posted Jul 06 2018 - 02:54

Major

• Players
  • 30451 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View Postruiguo08, on Jul 05 2018 - 15:30, said:

My account was suspended for 7 days for bot-afk. Well here's the thing I don't understand. I never used any bot software and I've never intentionally left a battle while it's going on and I was alive. I filed an appeal earlier today and the answer I got simply repeated the email I received. I believe it is my right to demand that Wargaming provide me with further evidence for the reason of my suspension.

They have software to detect bot and bot like play.  To get popped for this you literally have must been doing VERY little in your games.  Time to actually help your teammates instead of just sitting there.

EmperorJuliusCaesar #43 Posted Jul 06 2018 - 02:58

Major

• Players
  • 30451 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View PostKenshin2kx, on Jul 05 2018 - 16:37, said:

The present problem as I see it is the player based inertia that 3rd party mods has been allowed to date ... add in the compounding problem of having to selectively filter existing mods for (presently) legal ones.

So, given the less than ideal state of increased player crack down after the fact ... I would suggest to WG to take a step back and reorganize this effort with a different means toward the end of 'fair play' ... IMHO, WG should create a development buffer for mods ... the mods themselves can be made by anyone (the ideal would be WG) ... but, all such mods that are intended for the game should be submitted for game inclusion review ... if it passes, then it would be put on time based trail use for a period of time ... if after said period, if it passes final evaluation, then it should be officially recognized by WG for actual optional inclusion by the player from a list of 'certified' mods ... Now for this to work, it should be given reasonable resources for timely processing of mods for player usage.

As for cheating ... perhaps a mandatory scan of the mods folder for each player, prior to admittance to the garage?  ... or maybe have the player mod folder contents server side?

Too much of the playerbase has trash computers to put all the good ones in.

ruiguo08 #44 Posted Jul 06 2018 - 03:23

Corporal

• Players
  • 17592 battles
  • [PRC] PRC

View PostEmperorJuliusCaesar, on Jul 05 2018 - 20:54, said:

They have software to detect bot and bot like play.  To get popped for this you literally have must been doing VERY little in your games.  Time to actually help your teammates instead of just sitting there.

I am not sure what you mean by 'doing VERY little'. As far as I remember, I have never done anything like a bot would do. I might not be a top 10% player but I am by no means a player that 'doing very little'. I do wish that you could have done some research on my player profile before you jump to any conclusions.

alvinn #45 Posted Jul 06 2018 - 03:31

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 46507 battles
  • [M0B] M0B
There should be a hall of shame that has the list of all banned. Other wise we have to take the word of WoT that people actually got banned. 

_Tsavo_ #46 Posted Jul 06 2018 - 03:39

Major

• Players
  • 42390 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Postalvinn, on Jul 05 2018 - 21:31, said:

There should be a hall of shame that has the list of all banned. Other wise we have to take the word of WoT that people actually got banned. 

Every now and then someone does come forth with a rage thread about them being banned for illegal mod usage, and though I'd like to see a "wall of shame" for account busted for cheating, I don't think it'll ever be a reality.

TankU4PlayinLOL #47 Posted Jul 06 2018 - 06:05

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1702 battles
  • [DTA] DTA

Block Quote

Which Modifications Will Be Penalized?

1. Mods that don't provide a gameplay advantage, merely information customization for the viewer. They are “pure” mods, and we like them.

I never use mods but I have watched videos on youtube of some super famous top players using them so I know what they look like. all the information and stats you can dig up on a players past performance, clan affiliation, achievements, average win rate etc.. are available on a few official and unofficial websites as well as the WoT official game client however those stats are not something you can look at while in a match. having that information available at the 30 second countdown while other players do NOT have access to this information until after the battle presents a clear and obvious advantage to players who are more serious and experienced. this information lets a player make decisions about who is easy to kill and who should be approached with caution. it helps players make game winning decisions about who they should rely on or platoon with in game. it exposes weak players who can even drag down a good player if they were involved in a coordinated maneuver. these are not small insignificant mods. these are the difference between winning and losing.

for years WG has said on the official website for north america that some approved mods are OK. now they are saying that they won't tell you if it is ok or not ok but they may ban you and they may not. they also hint that the mods I mentioned that "merely information customization for the viewer." are OK even though in my opinion this is how the pros crush the noobs and the people who are experienced and also conservative or timid with respect to the use of less game breaking mods for a very real fear of possible reprisal without warning.

tanks I spent years working on were nurfed when an identical version of the same tank was released as a premium tank. if the reason for banning mods is that it hurts players then they should also stop nurfing existing tanks and introducing new ones. I can't buy a scorpion but I can get killed by one if they had money when I was poor. wargaming gets paid for this. they reward a player with deep pockets. if the scorpion is unbalanced then take it out completely and give those people a refund. I think they are happy to do anything unfair as long as they are on the take.

when I was locked out of my account once for a new phone and a forgotten password I was told by support that if I did not spend money 3 times since I started my account that I would be in-eligible for support to reset my password. they would just lock my account forever and not reset my password if I could not prove that I was a big spender.

Karma_Chameleon #48 Posted Jul 06 2018 - 08:37

Private

• -Players-
  • 39 battles
Fair Play... What fair play?  People are cheating because they can't compete with experienced players dominating the lineup... Higher tier players seal-clubbing the new players, or less experienced players.  People also cheat because wargaming does nothing about the bullying and in-game victimization.  However I believe the biggest reason players cheat is because of the two tier difference in the battle lineups.  It is hard for players to compete with a one tier differential, but to have a two tier difference, well watch the bullies come out to play, watch the arrogant seal-clubbers whinge, and watch all the lower tier players suicide or hide.  Fair Play you say... there is no fair play when it comes to battles, so I can understand why people take the risks they do, after all this can all be resolved by not allowing any mods at all, and by making sure there is only a one tier difference in battles.  As far as I can see it is only wargaming winning here, WG wins by generating income from players trying to buy gold or premium tanks to succeed in battles with two tier differences, when that doesn't work, players resort to cheating to have some kind of balance in their favor....  I am not a modder by the way, but can see why people do, this game is frustrating at the best of times, but worse when you play really well and still get harassed for individual efforts, yet still lose battles because players are intimidated, or don't have the tank balance to compete against the enemy lineup.   

Edited by Karma_Chameleon, Jul 06 2018 - 08:46.

hllrbrn #49 Posted Jul 06 2018 - 12:20

Sergeant

• Players
  • 22254 battles

If you really want to deter "3rd party mod usage" a helpful listing would be: 

72 Player were banned or sanctioned for using "xxxxx xxxx mod" 

13 Players were banned or sanctioned for using "xxx xxx mod" 

Unless the way you are detecting "3rd party mod usage" is so unspecific that you do not know what mod you are banning or sanctioning players for. If that's the case then well GG....WG.....GG

Lethalhavoc #50 Posted Jul 06 2018 - 13:45

Major

• Players
  • 38720 battles

View Posthllrbrn, on Jul 06 2018 - 04:20, said:

If you really want to deter "3rd party mod usage" a helpful listing would be: 

72 Player were banned or sanctioned for using "xxxxx xxxx mod" 

13 Players were banned or sanctioned for using "xxx xxx mod" 

Unless the way you are detecting "3rd party mod usage" is so unspecific that you do not know what mod you are banning or sanctioning players for. If that's the case then well GG....WG.....GG

They only ban the players using free versions of illegal mods.

Those that pay for them seem immune to sanctions.

So much so that at least one of them put in a support ticket complaining that a newly patched client "bugs out their paid illegal mod pack" and WG's only response was, "Please uninstall your illegal mods".

As long as the paid version of the illegal mod pack that shall remain nameless is thriving, the Fair play policy is a complete joke.

biop1 #51 Posted Jul 06 2018 - 16:30

Corporal

• Players
  • 20862 battles
  • [MUG-D] MUG-D

View Postoldsurferjoe, on Jul 06 2018 - 01:36, said:

Actually no I don't feel like it was selfish at all. The mod was legal for years and was even in the forum as a recommended and awarded it for its innovation in modding community for this game. 100's of people wrote up in this forum that they thought it was unfair that the mod was banned, including myself. I overtly used it - never hide it and would do it again. This is a game - the word illegal is a misnomer - prohibited ok. There are many things that WG'ing has done over the history of this game I don't agree with - labeling autoaim ++ as an illegal mod was one of them!

I knew what I was doing - its on me! But acting selfishly - nope that's really not how I see it. 

There is a guy on twitch that has Parkinson disease and he plays world of tanks just fine with out the need of auto aim...glad they banned you now leave. But really war gaming look at your total population of the NA server and you only found a total of about 1,000 to be cheating? C'mon try a little harder 

Edited by biop1, Jul 06 2018 - 16:31.

Troll_Account_ #52 Posted Jul 06 2018 - 16:54

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 2487 battles
  • [CAVE] CAVE
"For those who thinks cheating is OK..."
Giving cheaters a second chance with only a 7 day ban, is in fact, telling them its ok to cheat. Horrible decision on WG's part. 

​You trying to manipulate their emotions by saying "we hope the potential risk of losing an account you've built for years will help you reconsider" is laughable. 

​Grinding out a line to tier 10 takes me about a week of hard grinding WITHOUT CHEATS, those who cheat are able to do so in less time, consider they make more XP/Credits in the same amount of time. 

​WG, the ONLY way to fix this problem is to remove the ability for your game to use Mods. Why you have not done this after all these years is becoming the subject of "high conspiracy", within the WOT community..lol

​OFFTOPIC:  MAKE SOME MORE MAPS ALREADY AND/OR PUT THEM INTO ROTATION, ALREADY. nobody is going to spend loads of money on a game that gets boring after 20 minutes of playing each day.   FFS.

black_colt #53 Posted Jul 06 2018 - 17:08

Major

• -Players-
  • 3754 battles

View PostWinterpeger, on Jul 05 2018 - 16:50, said:

When you installed Aslain's modpack, did you select the option to delete python logs and and game caches.  If you are just re-installing.. you could still have something left over.

Attempting to cover several posts ...

According to the release notes from Aslain:

LEGALITY
This modpack was checked & approved by WG and comply with The WG Fair Play Policy . All mods are allowed and cannot get you banned.

So if you install the modpack from the MOD PORTAL WORLD OF TANKS and keep it up-to-date then it is reasonable to have the expectation that you are safe from any sanction under the Fair Play Policy.

UPDATING:
To update the modpack download new version and launch it as usuall, there is no need to uninstall the modpack. Just make sure you have checked to delete previously installed mods.

IHMO the [delete previously installed mods] should be the default.

Please take note that if you de-select a mod within the installer without running a clean installation, the mod will still be installed as though it's selected! DLC content will not behave like this though, and will only install if it is selected in the installer.

IMHO there should be a dialog box that allows you select [run clean installation] when you deselect a previously selected/installed mod.

Edited by black_colt, Jul 06 2018 - 17:09.

HarpoMarx #54 Posted Jul 06 2018 - 17:18

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 24500 battles
  • [RHINO] RHINO

View PostTroll_Account_, on Jul 06 2018 - 16:54, said:

"For those who thinks cheating is OK..."
Giving cheaters a second chance with only a 7 day ban, is in fact, telling them its ok to cheat. Horrible decision on WG's part. 

​You trying to manipulate their emotions by saying "we hope the potential risk of losing an account you've built for years will help you reconsider" is laughable. 

​Grinding out a line to tier 10 takes me about a week of hard grinding WITHOUT CHEATS, those who cheat are able to do so in less time, consider they make more XP/Credits in the same amount of time. 

​WG, the ONLY way to fix this problem is to remove the ability for your game to use Mods. Why you have not done this after all these years is becoming the subject of "high conspiracy", within the WOT community..lol

​OFFTOPIC:  MAKE SOME MORE MAPS ALREADY AND/OR PUT THEM INTO ROTATION, ALREADY. nobody is going to spend loads of money on a game that gets boring after 20 minutes of playing each day.   FFS.

I love all this talk of Hall of Shame - Cheaters - Glad their Banned.

All this is Hypocrisy. The number of players skirting the forbidden mods rules is in the 10,000's spread throughout the game. Any experienced player can see when another is using something. Clan Wars - Top Clans - all move to a flank when a player knocks down a tree or wall............. Purple alt accounts with 2k battles in a tier ten viable tank (top clans - fyi alts are against the rules as well, so is sockpuppeting). XVM, you don't think XVM gives an advantage?

Clan collusion in campaigns trading wins, loses, offsets?

Mods really should be removed from the game all together. Yep even XVM - until then the so called "Fair Play Policy" is just a joke.

But let's be real people this is just a game - a game - not real life. The key to fairness is entirely in WG'ing hands and they refuse to do anything about it? As long as mods are in the game issues will go on forever.

Sarcon7 #55 Posted Jul 06 2018 - 17:25

Corporal

• Players
  • 34373 battles

Hello Community, I am sharing some food for thought regarding the UNFAIR application of the Fair Play Policy and its lousy appeal process.

The Fair Play Policy refers to penalizing players for the use of "cheat mods".  To me this makes sense but when you are the one receiving an email telling you are banned for 7 days, the first thing you will like to know is What Happened?

I always understood the use of mods available at the https://wgmods.net/ is fine hence I use the ASLAIN mod pack and the replays managers at the most. For this reason it was imperative for me to understand what WG found to justify a 7 days banning and a threat of been permanently banned if I persist.  WG offers an appeal system so I proceed to make one and to my surprise, my ticket was immediately closed with a scripted response like this:

Dear Player,

Thank you for taking the time to discuss this matter with us.

We understand that you're infuriated with the Sanction that you received, the Team's Decision to apply a suspension on your account under our "Fair Play" is Final and cannot be revoked.
Before punishing a player, our team will review the case to ensure it's warranted
. We’re asking you to trust their decisions. Our Team is under no obligation to provide evidence or explain which type of mod/bot the player was found to be using, and will not do so even if requested.

You can learn more about our "Fair Play" Policy on this link:
https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/general-news/forbidden-mods/

As for your inquiry, there are indeed approved Mods on our Official Mod Hub. Mod Packs posted on our Hub are those that passed to our two-stage check.

However, earlier versions of any Modification are unchecked and unapproved
https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/announcements/mod-hub-announcement/

Please, keep in mind that each player bears responsibility for all account and in-game actions. In this particular case, we do understand the inconvenience.

Hope this helps.

Thank you again for your time, and we wish you a nice day ahead!

As a victim of WG who is experiencing judgement without cause or proof, I tried to request details without success. Communications like the one above truly shows the nature of WG’s rationale, a one-sided view of something that someone stated offering no chance to the victim to understand what happened. The response also ask me to trust on their decision, really? How can you ask one to Trust your decision without telling them what they do wrong? I use the “approved” mods you restated on the email response are supposed to be ok still, you banned me and take away 7 days of premium time plus the chance for me to participate in events I was invested on.  SERIOULSY, DO I NEED TO TRUST YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING? how does that even makes sense to someone.

At this point, it is clear to me the only possible option to avoid been permanently banned is not to use any mod but then, that will create a contradiction on the fairness at my end as everyone else will use those mods I was using, of course, under their own risk of been banned. I also wonder what stops WG to banned me permanently anyway as there is no way to validate the reason why they do it, it is all cause they say so and we, players, have to trust them.

Edited by Sarcon7, Jul 06 2018 - 17:50.

Kenshin2kx #56 Posted Jul 06 2018 - 18:31

Major

• -Players-
  • 18111 battles

View PostLethalhavoc, on Jul 06 2018 - 02:45, said:

They only ban the players using free versions of illegal mods.

Those that pay for them seem immune to sanctions.

So much so that at least one of them put in a support ticket complaining that a newly patched client "bugs out their paid illegal mod pack" and WG's only response was, "Please uninstall your illegal mods".

As long as the paid version of the illegal mod pack that shall remain nameless is thriving, the Fair play policy is a complete joke.

You're joking right? 

buzz6 #57 Posted Jul 06 2018 - 18:32

Corporal

• Players
  • 28818 battles
When, if ever, will WoT start applying the rules to itself? It seems that many games battles are decided not by the skill of the players or even by any imperfections in MM, but rather a clear suppression of the attributes of one side and/or the enhancement of those on the other. I am unsure if the suppression/enhancement is applied individually or to entire teams, certain vehicles or classes or vehicles, but it is there. I also wonder if the effect -shorter battles- is to save the cost of having as many servers. Since I do not use any mods, I guess I am not a cheat, but I am often called a bot because I tend to conceal and snipe with my fav vehicle. Oh well, we all have choices, WoT to ban, and the rest of us to play or not. If we opt not to play in an organized manner it would be perhaps a boycott. We can also choose not to spend real money on the game.

Kenshin2kx #58 Posted Jul 06 2018 - 19:17

Major

• -Players-
  • 18111 battles

View Postbuzz6, on Jul 06 2018 - 07:32, said:

When, if ever, will WoT start applying the rules to itself? It seems that many games battles are decided not by the skill of the players or even by any imperfections in MM, but rather a clear suppression of the attributes of one side and/or the enhancement of those on the other. I am unsure if the suppression/enhancement is applied individually or to entire teams, certain vehicles or classes or vehicles, but it is there. I also wonder if the effect -shorter battles- is to save the cost of having as many servers. Since I do not use any mods, I guess I am not a cheat, but I am often called a bot because I tend to conceal and snipe with my fav vehicle. Oh well, we all have choices, WoT to ban, and the rest of us to play or not. If we opt not to play in an organized manner it would be perhaps a boycott. We can also choose not to spend real money on the game.

... well, considering that WG makes the rules, I can't honestly see how they could be breaking what they ... have the authority to dictate with no mitigation?  Now don't get me wrong here, I'm a big fan of Camelot and its ideals ... but the real world operates differently, very differently.  Case in point, the global political scene in 2018.

... as to some kind of 'suppression', I'm not sure exactly what you mean ... as I see it (from the perspective 'middling' 50% player) I see WG designed programming mechanisms to control or moderate certain variables of the game globally (RNG, MM, Map Size, Team Count, Physics etc) ... what I fail to see is the team or individual suppression you assert.   

To put it another way, I see WG doing the equivalent of imposing a 'universal law' of something equivalent to Gravity ... it affects all with no focal differentiation ... now using this context, it sounds like you are saying something like ... but WG increases said gravity for individuals or select teams?  

... please clarify and elaborate on this.

Edited by Kenshin2kx, Jul 06 2018 - 19:24.

Lucifers_Hammer_ #59 Posted Jul 06 2018 - 22:14

Private

• Players
  • 10548 battles
  • [2AFU] 2AFU

I got a seven day ban. I entered 4 tickets trying to get help figuring out exactly what was wrong so I could fix it. Same cookie cutter answers as in the posts above. Exactly the same!!! This is all being taken from a script. No one is actually trying to hep you if you want to be in compliance. They state they are not required to tell you what you did wrong. I just want to make it right. Whats so bad about that? If I was like the guy who ran an aim bot and knew it ok, I get it. But if I'm not even sure which mod WG  thinks is giving me an advantage how can I fix it? Reading the fair play write up its not easy to tell which mods give the advantage they are talking about. Is this mod legal but that one is not and they are very close in what they do... cant they just give us a list of what is and is not prohibited?

Then we have the assh*les on here who want me permanently banned even though no one can show me what I did wrong. Glad you guys are so concerned about everything being fair!!!! Lying bunch of hypocrites!!!!

So I delete mods and res_mods folders. Run cc cleaner. But now if I run aslains will I get permanently banned? No answer from WG.  

WG nerfing tanks we work hard to get or pay real money for is cheating too. But since they make they rules they are always in compliance. 

Legal cheats in this game:

Premium ammo - gives advantage to players who spend money

Premium account- gives faster grinding times for players who pay

Premium tanks - gives advantages to players who pay

Reward tanks - Not everyone has time to spend endless hours playing their game so if you have more free time you have an advantage

So, if you could buy these "cheat mods" from WG everything would be ok. 

2 tier match making sucks. Being bottom tier 95% of the time sucks.

4 tickets and no help getting to the root of the problem. Yep, that's  WG tech support!!!

Lethalhavoc #60 Posted Jul 06 2018 - 22:21

Major

• Players
  • 38720 battles

View PostLucifers_Hammer_, on Jul 06 2018 - 14:14, said:

I got a seven day ban. I entered 4 tickets trying to get help figuring out exactly what was wrong so I could fix it. Same cookie cutter answers as in the posts above. Exactly the same!!! This is all being taken from a script. No one is actually trying to hep you if you want to be in compliance. They state they are not required to tell you what you did wrong. I just want to make it right. Whats so bad about that? If I was like the guy who ran an aim bot and knew it ok, I get it. But if I'm not even sure which mod WG  thinks is giving me an advantage how can I fix it? Reading the fair play write up its not easy to tell which mods give the advantage they are talking about. Is this mod legal but that one is not and they are very close in what they do... cant they just give us a list of what is and is not prohibited?

Then we have the assh*les on here who want me permanently banned even though no one can show me what I did wrong. Glad you guys are so concerned about everything being fair!!!! Lying bunch of hypocrites!!!!

So I delete mods and res_mods folders. Run cc cleaner. But now if I run aslains will I get permanently banned? No answer from WG.  

WG nerfing tanks we work hard to get or pay real money for is cheating too. But since they make they rules they are always in compliance. 

Legal cheats in this game:

Premium ammo - gives advantage to players who spend money

Premium account- gives faster grinding times for players who pay

Premium tanks - gives advantages to players who pay

Reward tanks - Not everyone has time to spend endless hours playing their game so if you have more free time you have an advantage

So, if you could buy these "cheat mods" from WG everything would be ok. 

2 tier match making sucks. Being bottom tier 95% of the time sucks.

4 tickets and no help getting to the root of the problem. Yep, that's  WG tech support!!!

Any mod you download and install off the WG hub is safe to use.

Any mods you download and install from any  place other than the hub, is risky to use.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users