• Please log in to reply
169 replies to this topic

VooDooKobra #81 Posted Jul 08 2018 - 20:16

Major

• Players
  • 8281 battles
  • [MOVE] MOVE

View Postrich73, on Jul 08 2018 - 12:03, said:

You really think only a handfull are exploiting??lol..so much bliss to be you.Even a purple would want to be more purple and have seen many people in twitch paying 100 bucks for 3rd marking their tanks.You think peeps wont cheat?For all we know,you are defending mods this way to protect your right to cheat ,which any mod is anyways as it gives advantage to users.This mod door is open mainly for one reason and thats for W G to get free input from modders .Free I said.In W G's cheapness and lack of thoughts of their own that make sense,this is how hey get additional input.Prob is ,it enables cheaters.The placebo list of bans they give out each time is nothing compared to whats out there.

i like my mods so i am defending my right to cheat?  kinda a stretch considering all i use are cosmetic mods

there are more groups in this game where it is no benifit or overly risky to cheat which is why i believe the cheaters are in the minority.  funny thing is guys like you when they put out ban numbers say they are placebo but if they said nothing you would be claiming they are hiding something.  they would lose a hell of a lot more players getting rid of all mods than if they kept adding things players like to the core program.   Rockstar tried to get rid of modding and the resulting storm was epic, i could see that happening if WG tried to do the same thing

dominator_98 #82 Posted Jul 08 2018 - 21:00

Major

• -Players-
  • 19896 battles
  • [NUFFS] NUFFS

View Postrich73, on Jul 08 2018 - 13:03, said:

You really think only a handfull are exploiting??lol..so much bliss to be you.

Yes. I don't think there's that many people cheating. I haven't seen very much evidence of players cheating in my WoT experience.

Even a purple would want to be more purple and have seen many people in twitch paying 100 bucks for 3rd marking their tanks.

1. All the reload timers and gun sight indicators are unnecessary with adequate situational awareness, which most anyone blue or better already has.

2. Paying someone to pad your stats or 3 mark a tank isn't cheating, it has nothing to do with mods. Still against EULA, but it has nothing to do with mods.

For all we know,you are defending mods this way to protect your right to cheat ,which any mod is anyways as it gives advantage to users.

I am defending mods primarily from people who display large levels of ignorance and want to blame things like players who hack for their losses.

There are plenty of legal mods out there that provide an advantage, and I use a few of them. If the rules say you can download a tool to make you better, it's stupid not to use it. If tree down indicators and reload timers were legal, I'd run those too. If they make the handful of mods I use illegal, I'll uninstall them and clean out my python logs that day.

There's plenty of mods that add tank skins, keep track of your credits and xp earned for the day, or make your crew look like the cast of the Simpsons, and the Ban All Mods crowd seems to forget there are a lot of people that enjoy making or using those harmless mods. If it was up to me, I'd make all helpful in-battle mods illegal; or make the legal ones available in the vanilla game client. But since there's legal mods that are helpful, I'll use them.

corrado14 #83 Posted Jul 08 2018 - 22:05

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 56467 battles
  • [GMONK] GMONK
I'd be curious to see the stats of all the cheaters. 

ruiguo08 #84 Posted Jul 08 2018 - 22:33

Corporal

• Players
  • 17241 battles
  • [PRC] PRC

View Postblack_colt, on Jul 06 2018 - 11:08, said:

Attempting to cover several posts ...

According to the release notes from Aslain:

LEGALITY
This modpack was checked & approved by WG and comply with The WG Fair Play Policy . All mods are allowed and cannot get you banned.

So if you install the modpack from the MOD PORTAL WORLD OF TANKS and keep it up-to-date then it is reasonable to have the expectation that you are safe from any sanction under the Fair Play Policy.

UPDATING:
To update the modpack download new version and launch it as usuall, there is no need to uninstall the modpack. Just make sure you have checked to delete previously installed mods.

IHMO the [delete previously installed mods] should be the default.

Please take note that if you de-select a mod within the installer without running a clean installation, the mod will still be installed as though it's selected! DLC content will not behave like this though, and will only install if it is selected in the installer.

IMHO there should be a dialog box that allows you select [run clean installation] when you deselect a previously selected/installed mod.

Hi, black_colt,

This was what happened with me. I always updated the Aslain's mod pack and I still got banned for 7 days in an email I got last Thursday. I tried to appeal through WG support but all the answers I received were just bureaucratic.

ruiguo08 #85 Posted Jul 08 2018 - 22:35

Corporal

• Players
  • 17241 battles
  • [PRC] PRC

View PostSarcon7, on Jul 06 2018 - 11:25, said:

Hello Community, I am sharing some food for thought regarding the UNFAIR application of the Fair Play Policy and its lousy appeal process.

The Fair Play Policy refers to penalizing players for the use of "cheat mods".  To me this makes sense but when you are the one receiving an email telling you are banned for 7 days, the first thing you will like to know is What Happened?

I always understood the use of mods available at the https://wgmods.net/ is fine hence I use the ASLAIN mod pack and the replays managers at the most. For this reason it was imperative for me to understand what WG found to justify a 7 days banning and a threat of been permanently banned if I persist.  WG offers an appeal system so I proceed to make one and to my surprise, my ticket was immediately closed with a scripted response like this:

Dear Player,

Thank you for taking the time to discuss this matter with us.

We understand that you're infuriated with the Sanction that you received, the Team's Decision to apply a suspension on your account under our "Fair Play" is Final and cannot be revoked.
Before punishing a player, our team will review the case to ensure it's warranted
. We’re asking you to trust their decisions. Our Team is under no obligation to provide evidence or explain which type of mod/bot the player was found to be using, and will not do so even if requested.

You can learn more about our "Fair Play" Policy on this link:
https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/general-news/forbidden-mods/

As for your inquiry, there are indeed approved Mods on our Official Mod Hub. Mod Packs posted on our Hub are those that passed to our two-stage check.

However, earlier versions of any Modification are unchecked and unapproved
https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/announcements/mod-hub-announcement/

Please, keep in mind that each player bears responsibility for all account and in-game actions. In this particular case, we do understand the inconvenience.

Hope this helps.

Thank you again for your time, and we wish you a nice day ahead!

As a victim of WG who is experiencing judgement without cause or proof, I tried to request details without success. Communications like the one above truly shows the nature of WG’s rationale, a one-sided view of something that someone stated offering no chance to the victim to understand what happened. The response also ask me to trust on their decision, really? How can you ask one to Trust your decision without telling them what they do wrong? I use the “approved” mods you restated on the email response are supposed to be ok still, you banned me and take away 7 days of premium time plus the chance for me to participate in events I was invested on.  SERIOULSY, DO I NEED TO TRUST YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING? how does that even makes sense to someone.

At this point, it is clear to me the only possible option to avoid been permanently banned is not to use any mod but then, that will create a contradiction on the fairness at my end as everyone else will use those mods I was using, of course, under their own risk of been banned. I also wonder what stops WG to banned me permanently anyway as there is no way to validate the reason why they do it, it is all cause they say so and we, players, have to trust them.

This was exactly the same reply I received when I tried to appeal. I filed 4 tickets and all I got was that WG saying the decision was final and asking me to trust them without even telling me the reason.

Any luck in your case?

ruiguo08 #86 Posted Jul 08 2018 - 22:42

Corporal

• Players
  • 17241 battles
  • [PRC] PRC

View PostLethalhavoc, on Jul 06 2018 - 16:21, said:

Any mod you download and install off the WG hub is safe to use.

Any mods you download and install from any  place other than the hub, is risky to use.

Hi, Lethalhavoc,

Thanks for your answer. Just one question here, do you get these statements from WG officials? Because recently, I've been downloading Aslain's pack from WG mod hub and I still got a 7 days ban.

ruiguo08 #87 Posted Jul 08 2018 - 22:48

Corporal

• Players
  • 17241 battles
  • [PRC] PRC

View Postgrizli, on Jul 06 2018 - 21:26, said:

my son was playing on same pc with his acaunt and didnt got ban

its rediculos

Thanks for the reply. So I think we can say for sure that the mechanism WG is using to decide whether you are using illegal mod is a joke.

BTW, I also played in my lab computer and I installed the same mod pack there. Sometimes my lab mates played too using their own accounts and I haven't heard from any of them saying he got banned.

Sarcon7 #88 Posted Jul 08 2018 - 22:51

Corporal

• Players
  • 34373 battles

View Postruiguo08, on Jul 08 2018 - 21:35, said:

This was exactly the same reply I received when I tried to appeal. I filed 4 tickets and all I got was that WG saying the decision was final and asking me to trust them without even telling me the reason.

Any luck in your case?

The Appeal system is a joke dude, they don't care, don't provide evidence and just reply the same message over.  They will never accept they banned someone by mistake as their evidence is bogus hence their denial of providing it to the victims.

ImaKillYou #89 Posted Jul 09 2018 - 01:05

Captain

• Players
  • 26941 battles
  • [-GENT] -GENT
There are NO bans by mistake. WG monitors flagged accounts for many,many matches to be sure. ALL I was banned wrongly posts are f.o.s.

Sarcon7 #90 Posted Jul 09 2018 - 02:06

Corporal

• Players
  • 34373 battles

View PostImaKillYou, on Jul 09 2018 - 00:05, said:

There are NO bans by mistake. WG monitors flagged accounts for many,many matches to be sure. ALL I was banned wrongly posts are f.o.s.

Sounds like you work for them, is that the case? if not, just wait until it happens to you.

Edited by Sarcon7, Jul 09 2018 - 02:35.

ZUG_gunner #91 Posted Jul 09 2018 - 12:29

Private

• -Players-
  • 28712 battles
  • [_DDM] _DDM

i say you want fair play get rid of all mods it evens the game play and  when a game is made its made with out them so why should they be allowed when they are not really apart of the game 

Sarcon7 #92 Posted Jul 09 2018 - 20:04

Corporal

• Players
  • 34373 battles

View PostZUG_gunner, on Jul 09 2018 - 11:29, said:

i say you want fair play get rid of all mods it evens the game play and  when a game is made its made with out them so why should they be allowed when they are not really apart of the game 

good point.  I think WG should allow modders to present their proposals, have them tested officially by the community and if liked, then BUY the rights of adding those into the game so EVERYONE can use them.  Many of the mods out there are used cause they help and enhance the experience so, why not make them part of the game? having them separately as they are now (https://wgmods.net/), can cause issues like the ones some of us are facing right now.  Just remember what they are saying on their copy/paste responses:

Edited by Sarcon7, Jul 09 2018 - 20:06.

black_colt #93 Posted Jul 10 2018 - 00:44

Major

• -Players-
  • 3704 battles

View PostSarcon7, on Jul 09 2018 - 11:04, said:

good point.  I think WG should allow modders to present their proposals, have them tested officially by the community and if liked, then BUY the rights of adding those into the game so EVERYONE can use them.  Many of the mods out there are used cause they help and enhance the experience so, why not make them part of the game? having them separately as they are now (https://wgmods.net/), can cause issues like the ones some of us are facing right now.  Just remember what they are saying on their copy/paste responses:

Exactly what I proposed in March 2017 - http://forum.worldof...ogram-for-mods/

This proposal would be enhanced by all approved mods being signed and placed in an official installer by Wargaming [similar to Aslain, Solo, and others] that is constantly updated - perhaps weekly.  The installer would check for unsigned mods and warn that you are running potentially illegal mods and state that you could be subject to sanction.  The installer would then list the unsigned mods so you can see what they are.  The installer would also update/remove mods as needed.  By using the Wargaming installer you could not be subject to sanction under the Fair Play Policy.

The signing of the mods and an official installer may result in a smaller subset but it will eliminate any confusion and provide clarity for users.  You run the official mods - you are safe.  If you chose to run unofficial mods - you may not be safe. 

Edited by black_colt, Jul 10 2018 - 00:45.

Lethalhavoc #94 Posted Jul 11 2018 - 16:50

Major

• Players
  • 38720 battles

View Postruiguo08, on Jul 08 2018 - 14:42, said:

Hi, Lethalhavoc,

Thanks for your answer. Just one question here, do you get these statements from WG officials? Because recently, I've been downloading Aslain's pack from WG mod hub and I still got a 7 days ban.

Yes, it's WG official position.

Each and every mod on the hub has been approved by WG.

You can PM any forum mod and ask them and they'll confirm it.

Generally when a person honestly hasn't used any illegal mods and is still banned, it's because that person shared their account with someone who did.

Did you share your account?

Sarcon7 #95 Posted Jul 12 2018 - 21:47

Corporal

• Players
  • 34373 battles
7 premium days stolen by WG.  Now I risk perma banning so I do not know if I really want to play this game anymore.  Thank you WG for your messed up policy and its application, it seems it is making my decision EASY.

Edited by Sarcon7, Jul 12 2018 - 21:48.

Unprofessional #96 Posted Jul 13 2018 - 21:26

Sergeant

• Players
  • 15883 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER

I see and hear WG is banning people for using Aslains mod even though it's an approved mod by WG, hence the jump in number of bans. Of course they won't provide proof of anything or really care for that matter.

Bad customer service: feature

Broken mechanics: feature

Not properly testing: feature

Bugs in application: feature

Leftist like approach to things: feature, I mean Russian

The mods share the same approach as the CS people with WG's propaganda in mind. Must feel amazing to wake up every morning knowing you're a useless a hole.

Edited by Unprofessional, Jul 13 2018 - 21:31.

ImaKillYou #97 Posted Jul 13 2018 - 21:55

Captain

• Players
  • 26941 battles
  • [-GENT] -GENT
ALL players claiming bans from using Aslains are FULL OF BULLPUCKEY.

Unprofessional #98 Posted Jul 13 2018 - 22:07

Sergeant

• Players
  • 15883 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER

View PostImaKillYou, on Jul 13 2018 - 12:55, said:

Prove otherwise, because WG certainly isn't. So let me suggest you go back to shutting up.

black_colt #99 Posted Jul 13 2018 - 23:23

Major

• -Players-
  • 3704 battles

View PostUnprofessional, on Jul 13 2018 - 13:07, said:

Prove otherwise, because WG certainly isn't. So let me suggest you go back to shutting up.

[I see and hear WG is banning people] is anecdotal evidence - e.g. evidence collected in a casual manner and relaying heavily/entirely on personal testimony.

If you are stating/attempting to state something as a fact then you need legal evidence.

For example - provide an unaltered email from an authorized Wargaming individual stating that XXX was banned for using Aslain's Mod Pack.

Aslain states that the Mod Pack is legal - have you asked Aslain for legal evidence that this statement is correct?

You can state something as your opinion - which does not require legal evidence as you are not stating/attempting to state a fact.  Opinions are valid and reasonable - they just are not facts without legal evidence.

Edited by black_colt, Jul 13 2018 - 23:26.

black_colt #100 Posted Jul 13 2018 - 23:28

Major

• -Players-
  • 3704 battles

View PostImaKillYou, on Jul 13 2018 - 12:55, said:

Until one of them provides legal evidence that they were banned for using the Mod Pack.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users