• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Gnomon #1 Posted Jul 06 2018 - 15:21

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 641 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

Morning, everyone! 

I just wanted to let you know that the KV-220-2 is currently on sale.

The KV-220-2 is a heavy tank with some great hull armor that can deflect the enemies shell (and it does wonders if you angle it right). This tank isn't the best for long-range use, and the 76 mm gun and speed leave something to be desired, but this tank excels at mid- to close-quarters combat. 

In the words of our amazing content guys, "You Shoot Me? Nyet!"

Here's some Bundle information:

Spoiler

For more information, be sure to check out our article over the Bundles here: "You Shoot Me? Nyet!" The Rare KV-220-2 Sale

dominator_98 #2 Posted Jul 06 2018 - 15:28

Major

• -Players-
  • 19090 battles
  • [NUFFS] NUFFS

Translation: We are selling the most OP tier 5 tank (by winrate, it’s just insane).

Oh by the way, it has pref mm that we are working on removing.

P.S. Bundles! Get your bundles here!

I’m not normally one to complain about prem tank sales, but stuff like this is bad for the game and undeniably pay to win.

YANKEE137 #3 Posted Jul 06 2018 - 15:37

Major

• -Players-
  • 9499 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR

I don't understand why you continue to sell premium matchmakers while the announced policy is to remove them because they are bad for the game. I am not trolling you Gnomon but I really would like an official explanation for the seemingly conflicting policies. 

There should at least be a disclaimer to the effect of " This tanks stats subject to change in the future, if you don't like the changes you will get a refund or be able to trade up in return for payment of a fee. Amount TBD."

BigDollarBillz #4 Posted Jul 06 2018 - 15:44

Major

• Players
  • 36267 battles
  • [ASSA] ASSA

View PostYANKEE137, on Jul 06 2018 - 09:37, said:

I don't understand why you continue to sell premium matchmakers while the announced policy is to remove them because they are bad for the game. I am not trolling you Gnomon but I really would like an official explanation for the seemingly conflicting policies. 

There should at least be a disclaimer to the effect of " This tanks stats subject to change in the future, if you don't like the changes you will get a refund or be able to trade up in return for payment of a fee. Amount TBD."

Didn't they announce they were rethinking their motive of removing pref. mm tanks because of all the backlash they got over the kv-5? I could be wrong, but thought I read that here awhile back.

KRZYBooP #5 Posted Jul 06 2018 - 16:00

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 2803 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View PostYANKEE137, on Jul 06 2018 - 08:37, said:

View PostBigDollarBillz, on Jul 06 2018 - 08:44, said:

Didn't they announce they were rethinking their motive of removing pref. mm tanks because of all the backlash they got over the kv-5? I could be wrong, but thought I read that here awhile back.

The announcement was for changing Pref MM, details on how/ what is going to happen are still not known. You can be sure that Wargaming knows how our community feels about this topic. 

All information about this can be found HERE . 

YANKEE137 #6 Posted Jul 06 2018 - 16:05

Major

• -Players-
  • 9499 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR

Thanks Crazy Glue. I really don't care what decision they make in Minsk but it is past time that they make it and end the uncertainty.

Edited by YANKEE137, Jul 06 2018 - 16:09.

Lesser_Spotted_Panzer #7 Posted Jul 06 2018 - 17:25

Major

• Players
  • 73555 battles

View PostKRZYBooP, on Jul 06 2018 - 10:00, said:

The announcement was for changing Pref MM, details on how/ what is going to happen are still not known. You can be sure that Wargaming knows how our community feels about this topic.

All information about this can be found HERE .

It's good to hear acknowledgment by WG that the proposed changes were not appreciated. It's a pity we do not get more feedback from the developers about this, and what they are considering doing now.

I have personally stopped spending money on the game as a consequence of the PMM announcement. Why put money into something that is going to change in a way you may not like?

I would also like to know if WG still considers the 3/5/7 good, or if they are looking at changing that. The PMM announcement suggested that they recognized there was a problem with 3/5/7, but then put the blame on PMM tanks. Basically WG implemented the 3/5/7 system, and blames an aspect of the game that existed long before 3/5/7. What kind of logic is that?

It's been over a year since 3/5/7 was implemented, and a year of people complaining bitterly about it. The fact that it is taking so long seems to imply that WG thinks its good and what their customers want.

That is far from the truth. The class balancing in the current system is good, but that could have been implemented in the old system. In fact, that was one of the biggest complaints of the old system. Yes, you could still be bottom tier in that system, but it wasn't 80-90% of the time (in tier 8).

repsolroger #8 Posted Jul 06 2018 - 20:00

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 42168 battles
  • [P24S] P24S

I like my kv220 and ITS NOT OP.  ever try to fight a O-I/Cromwell/t34-85/type 64.. your more then likely to die :-) with your slow turret traverse :-)

BUT BUYER BEWARE  its preferred matchmaking which wargaming says is ruining matchmaking .. BS ( don't remember but wasn't it like 12 million battles in a week and 100k in PMM tanks.?? )

so you never know down the road .. or instantly ... wargaming could make you see tier 7s ...

I bought mine for the PMM so I didn't see tier 7s

TornadoADV #9 Posted Jul 06 2018 - 21:07

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 23476 battles
  • [ESC] ESC
Since they took away the 100mm death gun and de-armored the O-I Exp., this has regained a little of it's ultimate bully title.

dominator_98 #10 Posted Jul 06 2018 - 22:22

Major

• -Players-
  • 19090 battles
  • [NUFFS] NUFFS

View Postrepsolroger, on Jul 06 2018 - 13:00, said:

I like my kv220 and ITS NOT OP.  ever try to fight a O-I/Cromwell/t34-85/type 64.. your more then likely to die :-) with your slow turret traverse :-)

BUT BUYER BEWARE  its preferred matchmaking which wargaming says is ruining matchmaking .. BS ( don't remember but wasn't it like 12 million battles in a week and 100k in PMM tanks.?? )

so you never know down the road .. or instantly ... wargaming could make you see tier 7s ...

I bought mine for the PMM so I didn't see tier 7s

It’s got a KV-3 hull at tier 5. Doesn’t exactly sound balanced to me.

Of course you have trouble against some of the strongest tanks it can meet in any MM. Every tank does.

Kenshin2kx #11 Posted Jul 06 2018 - 23:15

Major

• -Players-
  • 17935 battles
I guess it depends on how random or controlled WG wants the game to be ... consider that in an actual battle with no controlling mechanism at all (i.e. real world random potential) ... you could have 2 Davids vs 50 Goliaths and every shade of variation in between.

Jaspo #12 Posted Jul 06 2018 - 23:46

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 27251 battles

View Postdominator_98, on Jul 06 2018 - 15:22, said:

It’s got a KV-3 hull at tier 5. Doesn’t exactly sound balanced to me.

Of course you have trouble against some of the strongest tanks it can meet in any MM. Every tank does.

I've got a funny story relevant to this...I once facehugged a KV-1 in a KV-3 and got shot to death while doing no damage; he was using the little gun and apparently was penning every shot every 2 seconds through some frontal weakspot on the KV-3, while I couldn't get my gun down far enough to shoot anything other than his turret, which should've penned anyway but didn't, multiple times in a row. So, I'm not so sure about KV-3 being superior to tier 5s anymore.

dominator_98 #13 Posted Jul 07 2018 - 00:01

Major

• -Players-
  • 19090 battles
  • [NUFFS] NUFFS

View PostJaspo, on Jul 06 2018 - 16:46, said:

I've got a funny story relevant to this...I once facehugged a KV-1 in a KV-3 and got shot to death while doing no damage; he was using the little gun and apparently was penning every shot every 2 seconds through some frontal weakspot on the KV-3, while I couldn't get my gun down far enough to shoot anything other than his turret, which should've penned anyway but didn't, multiple times in a row. So, I'm not so sure about KV-3 being superior to tier 5s anymore.

No offense but it soounds like you played that scenario as poorly as possible. The KV-1 gets a 57mm gun that could have hit a drivers hatch at that range, or penned you un-angled with gold. The ideal thing for you to do was sit behind cover, blap him anywhere except the gun mantlet, go back behind cover and take the second kill shot.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users