Tank Turret and Gun Request

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

JLdragon #1 Posted Jul 07 2018 - 01:12

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 17378 battles
  • [MISF] MISF

Before anyone has to troll and say it..  I KNOW this is not the right forum area to request, as you can see the Request forum area is pretty much a ghost. Hasnt been any new requests much less any sort of a reply in over a month. Since this thread seems to get more action, I'm posting my request here.

Now my request. As the title says, I was wondering if i could have some1 do a Turret and gun swap please.

Would like the Turret and a gun from the Tier 5 British (UK) Crusader placed onto the Cromwell Berlin Premium Tank so that i could recolor it as a new tank project?

Needed Details:

Tank 1: Tier 6 Cromwell Berlin

File Location: vehicles_level_06-part2\vehicles\british\GB85_Cromwell_Berlin

Tank 2: Tier 5 Crusader

vehicles_level_05-part2\vehicles\british\GB20_Crusader

Which Turret and Gun?

Would like the crusaders 2nd Turret and the Tier V QF 6-pdr Gun Mk. V Gun placed onto the Cromwell Berlin.

I have been struggling to get this to work for the most part of the day and still have not had any luck. Even after following Serb's and Xyzy's walkthroughs (which took awhile to locate sifting thru 100's of various google searchs), I have not been able to get it to work, much less load the tank in WoT without it crashing.

I know they are outdated, but as if you couldnt tell.. its been pretty damn dead in the creative sections of these forums, So just trying to get these to work with all the most recent updates, this .vt file? (something new?), new paint options and such. I think is making the swap more of a PITA for me.

I know there is some copy, rename, pasting that has to be done across the LoD's, Crash, and Collision folders from the 2 walkthroughs I mentioned. Been trying just not getting it to work for me.

So if I could please get someone to have this done for me correctly where it would load the tanks in the garage and in battle (normal, crash, and collision?), I would be greatly appreciated.

I would be more then happy to donate a disclosed amount of gold, prem time or something of the like to your choice of WoT account as a tip.

Thank you very much for taking the time to read this and hopefully help me out.

To anyone who is willing to step up and make this happen. Reply here or Send me a PM.

Edited by JLdragon, Jul 07 2018 - 01:14.

TheFalkonett #2 Posted Jul 07 2018 - 13:49

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 20 battles

This should do the trick: Download

Fixed the decals (emblems & MoE) and made colourMasks and IDs. Crash files have also been swapped, aswell as the collision files, so when your tank goes up in flames, it'll still have the Crusader turret & gun, and the collision with broken fences etc should work fine. Also changed the firing effect, since the firing effect for a muzzlebrake doesn't make a lot of sense here.

The colourMasks seem to be working decently well (ignore the raccoon emblem)

If anything's off, let me know.

JLdragon #3 Posted Jul 07 2018 - 18:19

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 17378 battles
  • [MISF] MISF

Falkon you Rock Buddy! and I'm still using the E50M ya modded for me last year as well with the Panther Tracks

It looks absolutely beautiful! I LOVE it!.. I'll send ya a donate agian like last time. I think I still got your info when ya helped me with the E50M track swap!

BTW Love you Emblem, I would be honored to display it on my Tank if possible.

Tank works beautifully in WoT!

although when I tried to load it into Coffee_'s Tank exporter, got a buffer error. I sent him a PM with all the details, but thought I would share the Link with ya here to the picture as well and possibly figure out where its coming from. I have the WoT and Res_Mod folder locations set correctly, but seems when I try to load the modified Cromwell, TE is not reading it from the Res_Mod folder. It wants to load it from the .pkg file and then gives buffer error. Hoping Coffee might know where the problem is and able to fix it.. I am able to load my E50M with the Panther track swap you did for me awhile back. So thinking it might be an .XML file line thing??

Either way until coffee can figure it out. I'm gonna enjoy this tank! IT looks SOOOOOO Much better with that turret on it instead of the blocky default one IMO. TY TY TY.. will send ya a donation next week on payday for your help yet agian!

https://i.imgur.com/iEMHBw5.png

Edited by JLdragon, Jul 07 2018 - 19:38.

TheFalkonett #4 Posted Jul 07 2018 - 20:55

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 20 battles
That raccoon emblem was taken from WoWp. Just set it up to replace all the default emblems. Cus... y'know... raccoons ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Coffee_ #5 Posted Aug 05 2018 - 16:00

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 43282 battles

EDIT:
Ok... I'm pretty sure I know whats crashing TE when you load TheFalkonett modified tank.
Did you (TheFalkonett) copy the visual for the turret and gun to the G85_Cromewell_Beras well?

Looking at the visual for the turret_01, there are spaces around the "vertices" entry. I don't think TE likes that.
Let me do some digging.

Edited by Coffee_, Aug 05 2018 - 16:22.

Coffee_ #6 Posted Aug 05 2018 - 16:48

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 43282 battles

Ok I fixed it..
the spaces were indeed causing a error reading the visuals..
Here's a link in case you need it to GitHub.

Spoiler

Edited by Coffee_, Aug 05 2018 - 16:52.

JLdragon #7 Posted Aug 05 2018 - 17:22

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 17378 battles
  • [MISF] MISF

WTG Coffee! you ROCK BUDDY!!!

Now I got one more tank to play with in 3ds Max now!!! :)

I'm currently doing some heavy remodeling to the E25 and Type 59 atm, since we know that TE and 3ds Max will load the tank into the game.. currently creating custom side skirts on the Type 59 and giving it a full makeover front to back.

Agian ty guys for your work and efforts!

JLdragon #8 Posted Aug 05 2018 - 17:26

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 17378 battles
  • [MISF] MISF

The link above goes to TE V.53.. is that what I'm supposed to download? Thought it would be a link to a corrected Visual file or something?

Disregard the above :).. I see its an updated version of TE with visual corrections.. Got it downloaded and will let you know if all goes good.

All good and the Crormwell Remodel loads correctly.. will update with results of export and import to 3dS Max.

And we have a WIN!

Spoiler

Good work and Killer Job Coffee on the FIX! :)

Now its time to have some remodeling FUN!

Edited by JLdragon, Aug 05 2018 - 18:07.

JLdragon #9 Posted Aug 17 2018 - 03:45

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 17378 battles
  • [MISF] MISF

since the help of Falkonette and Coffee of getting the cromwell B model above to load, I have moved on to remodeling the tank and its parts.. As we speak currently Coffee has be hard at work trying to get Tank exporter to properly import and write the coding for tank chassis' to be exported and usable in game when modified..

I have been also on the hunt for the following "big world primitives exporter extension" which I have not had any luck finding this extension / plugin or anything of the sort.

Been googling it and just getting information on primitives and file information and a bunch of other oddball stuff.

I am thinking that this may be of help to move onto finalizing my project to be imported into WoT. If any of you may know of how I can get this, I would be greatly appreciated.

I found the reference to the above an in older Forum post here.

Block Quote

View PostXbrentX, on Jun 07 2016 - 05:23, said:

hello guys ive known about remodeling for a while now and i am good at 3d modeling. i was wondering if someone could answer my question here. ok so i know about swapping around parts. But what i am after is how i can re import the model i have edited in blender ( my 3d modeling program of choice) back into world of tanks as primitive files. I guess if you really cant say out loud mayby someone could pm me about this? i would really like to know this. Thanks in advanced :)

you can use 3ds and the big world primitives exporter extension that is the only way i know off still can't figure out a free way about it good luck 

JLdragon #10 Posted Aug 17 2018 - 03:48

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 17378 battles
  • [MISF] MISF

oh failed to mention I am using 3DS Max 2017 to do any kind of Tank remodeling, Photoshop 2017 for .DDS editing. I have Blender as well downloaded and Installed. Cant remember what or where i find the wot viewer? to install into Blender to be able to import / remodel, export etc, if need be.

Agian any help with the above information would be wonderful and VERY Helpful

TheFalkonett #11 Posted Aug 17 2018 - 11:20

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 20 battles
The BigWorld exporter for 3ds Max only works for the 2012 32-bit version. The Blender export is more or less useless, the import is neato though. 

JLdragon #12 Posted Aug 17 2018 - 20:36

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 17378 battles
  • [MISF] MISF

View PostTheFalkonett, on Aug 17 2018 - 02:20, said:

The BigWorld exporter for 3ds Max only works for the 2012 32-bit version. The Blender export is more or less useless, the import is neato though. 

ok well if that holds true, then let me ask this question with a hopeful answer..

What program, extension, plugin, app, addon, and or software of any of the kind that I can use to export, write, etc of any and or all parts of any tanks pertaining to WoT for the .primitive, .model, .visual, etc files so that any tank that I have modified of any part in any way can be properly exported, and or imported into WoT so that they are playable??

I hope I covered all of the above bases to get an actual answer of the question so that I will be able to remodel / modify the tanks i enjoy and be able to use in WoT.

TheFalkonett #13 Posted Aug 17 2018 - 20:46

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 20 battles

Well, there's 2 ways of importing a mesh and one useful way of exporting to my knowledge (never really looked at Coffee__'s stuff tbh):

Import:

-Blender plugin

-Atacms' python script (converts to .obj)

Export:

-3ds Max 2012 32-bit with the according BW plugin

.model and .visual are texts, so anything will do. Even the default windows editor (after decoding them via wotTools).

Personally, I firstly import the mesh I wanna edit directly into Blender, edit it there, then export that as .fbx and get that into 3ds Max 2012 32-bit, to export it accordingly with the plugin.

For textures I mostly use Marmoset, Substance Painter or PS CS6

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users