Lag since the last update.

Lag

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Wtornado #1 Posted Jul 07 2018 - 18:30

Captain

• Players
  • 31324 battles

I have a 35 ping and the game will freeze for 5 to 10 seconds.

The game can totally freeze to the point I have to leave.

Never had any trouble before.

Benjeeh_CA #2 Posted Jul 07 2018 - 19:39

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 30071 battles
  • [DBLTP] DBLTP

Check your hard drive I had the same thing happen a couple weeks before it died. Also check tank manager 5o see  if anything could be bogging your PC down things that use your disks read/write or RAM  such as having things update or background programs. Generally lock ups aren't really lag

Watch the red/ green light next to ping if its red you have packet loss. It'll cause rubber banding as the server tries to correct positions. Even with low ping.

If you run mods maybe one of them cause an issue?

Shooting in the dark here can't think of anything else that would cause freezing

Whistling_Death_ #3 Posted Jul 07 2018 - 20:55

Major

• -Players-
  • 59369 battles
  • [13-AD] 13-AD

View PostWtornado, on Jul 07 2018 - 12:30, said:

I have a 35 ping and the game will freeze for 5 to 10 seconds.

The game can totally freeze to the point I have to leave.

Never had any trouble before.

To take care of lag, clear your 1-hour browser history, then turn off your computer for at least 10 seconds, reboot your router by unplugging it for 10 seconds, then plug it back in, restart your computer and log back into W.o.T. This should take care of any lag. If you still have problems, just send in a ticket to W.o.T. Customer Service and they will help you out with the WG Check.exe tool at no charge.

Wtornado #4 Posted Jul 13 2018 - 03:35

Captain

• Players
  • 31324 battles

View PostWhistling_Death_, on Jul 07 2018 - 14:55, said:

To take care of lag, clear your 1-hour browser history, then turn off your computer for at least 10 seconds, reboot your router by unplugging it for 10 seconds, then plug it back in, restart your computer and log back into W.o.T. This should take care of any lag. If you still have problems, just send in a ticket to W.o.T. Customer Service and they will help you out with the WG Check.exe tool at no charge.

I am an old gamer all that you said I did way before I was so unsure what was happening I even passed my Rkill program.

I  even re-installed the game.

I think it is just poor server quality since they switched from the eastern server to the central one and players connecting from over seas.

3nr0n #5 Posted Jul 19 2018 - 22:38

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 18210 battles
  • [K-H] K-H

Every day on the first battle the ping goes to 999 and it shows no connection to the server.  The ping will go from 999 to 200 the back up and down like a roller coaster, the connection light will go red, green, red, green and repeat during the match.  If I continue to try and play the same thing happens, when I try to log off the game freezes and I end up having to go to the task manager top log off and it says that WOT is not responding.  End the task log back in and usually everything eventually gets good, but it takes another 1/2 match until the ping is and good connection to the server.

I clear my internet cache every day before I play and I religiously run malware and virus scans on my system at least every other day.  Any other sites do not have any type of delay or serious lag.

I am running vanilla client and after every update I go to the launcher and run the check and repair game integrity which passes.

What is the deal?

tod914 #6 Posted Jul 19 2018 - 22:55

Major

• Players
  • 58581 battles

Try this.  It seems to be the only program I've tried that gets rid of the Google Toolbar that comes packaged with other software.  The one to the left on the webpage.

https://www.eset.com...online-scanner/

I notice improvement soon as it's deleted.

Edited by tod914, Jul 19 2018 - 22:57.

RiverRun24 #7 Posted Aug 29 2018 - 18:45

Private

• -Players-
  • 11076 battles
  • [GTO] GTO
didn't experience any lag or freezing with the update referred to in this thread, but started happening today, after the 1.1 update.

Edited by RiverRun24, Aug 29 2018 - 18:48.

Also tagged with Lag

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users