Unable to download updates, gaming center and all games

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Matticus_1 #1 Posted Jul 07 2018 - 18:33

Private

• -Players-
  • 1038 battles

I have been fighting with this issue for days.  Originally i started playing WoT and everything was fine.  Then i installed WoWp and WoWs and now nothing works.  They all give me the same error (including the Gaming Center) when i run them.

"Unable to download updates. Please check your internet connection and try again."

This message appears now anytime i even try to play WoT, because it goes through the gaming center.  Opening the game outside the gaming center runs it through the gaming center anyways.  And of course the gaming center is trying to update itself.

I have been through every solution imaginable, and in the end, support advised me to contact my isp.  I was hoping someone could give me a little more information on a screenshot of my PingPlotter results, as support was pretty vague.  All they said is that there is an issue at hop 8.  It seems too coincidental that this happened after i started trying to install other games, as i have had no other problems with my internet connection.

Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Attached Files

• Attached File   PingPlotterResults.PNG   111.03K

The_Illusive_Man #2 Posted Jul 07 2018 - 18:44

Major

• -Players-
  • 12744 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT

Hop 8 is high, but should still allow for a DL. Hop 9 and 10 are probs DNS servers, and will not respond to these requests. This is normal. Judging by the naming of the nodes, this is a cell network (Or satellite). Can you do wired?

Also, this is NOT the IP of WOT.

: login-p3.worldoftanks.com
: wotna3.login.wargaming.net

Edited by The_Illusive_Man, Jul 07 2018 - 18:45.

Buttknuckle #3 Posted Jul 07 2018 - 18:50

Major

• Players
  • 46464 battles
  • [GOONZ] GOONZ
Stories like this about gaming center issues are why i dont occasionally play WOWP and WOWS. I have all the games installed from when they were stand alone but it will no longer allow me update them unless I install the game center, which I wont.

GenPanzer #4 Posted Jul 07 2018 - 19:02

Major

• Players
  • 39674 battles

View PostButtknuckle, on Jul 07 2018 - 12:50, said:

Stories like this about gaming center issues are why i dont occasionally play WOWP and WOWS. I have all the games installed from when they were stand alone but it will no longer allow me update them unless I install the game center, which I wont.

Game Center is just fine. I have been using it ever since it was first advertised in WoWP. I never had one issue with it. And I have all 4 games installed.

Matticus_1 #5 Posted Jul 07 2018 - 19:13

Private

• -Players-
  • 1038 battles

I can't do wired, i'm using a laptop on wifi, the router is 6 feet away.  That is the IP address support told me to input into PingPlotter. 

Dont know if this helps, but i thought it was suspicious.  I got it when i ran WGCheck.exe.

The_Illusive_Man #6 Posted Jul 07 2018 - 19:35

Major

• -Players-
  • 12744 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT

View PostMatticus_1, on Jul 07 2018 - 14:13, said:

I can't do wired, i'm using a laptop on wifi, the router is 6 feet away.  That is the IP address support told me to input into PingPlotter. 

Dont know if this helps, but i thought it was suspicious.  I got it when i ran WGCheck.exe.

Laptops can move.... Sounds like a bad route... What i can suggest is to FACTORY RESET your modem (which will reset EVERYTHING), then leave it offline for 1 hour. This should reset the route (unless you live in Canada, if so, dont do this, as it will do nothing). Once the hour is over, setup your modem again.

Panman69 #7 Posted Jul 07 2018 - 20:46

Captain

• Players
  • 34620 battles

Just a few things you can try:

• Check your firewall settings - to ensure the Game Center and each of the games have network access. 
  • Right-click on the Game Center icon and select "Run As Administrator" - some of the game file locations require higher permissions than normal, and, some game updates may be trying to modify these files.
  • Start the game directly from the game executable - (where-ever your WoT folder is located)/World_of_Tanks/WorldOfTanks.exe
  • Disable the "Download updates in advance" option for all games - the Game Center could be trying to download updates for any one of the three games. If WoWp and/or WoWs update downloads are failing, it could be locking up the Game Center.

Keep in mind, that even though you've previously given access permissions to various applications, Microsoft and Windows updates will sometimes reset them.

Whistling_Death_ #8 Posted Jul 07 2018 - 21:32

Major

• -Players-
  • 59421 battles
  • [13-AD] 13-AD

Sounds like you really need to use the WG Check.exe tool to diagnose and fix the problem. 

Here are some links that may help you out.

Contact Support -

https://na.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wot/help/

General Information -

https://na.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wot/article/19163/

Technical Issues -

https://na.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wot/category/16837/#

How to create a WGCheck Report - To download and use the WG Check.exe tool -

https://na.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wot/article/19401/

Matticus_1 #9 Posted Jul 07 2018 - 22:12

Private

• -Players-
  • 1038 battles

View PostPanman69, on Jul 07 2018 - 20:46, said:

Just a few things you can try:

• Check your firewall settings - to ensure the Game Center and each of the games have network access. 
  • Right-click on the Game Center icon and select "Run As Administrator" - some of the game file locations require higher permissions than normal, and, some game updates may be trying to modify these files.
  • Start the game directly from the game executable - (where-ever your WoT folder is located)/World_of_Tanks/WorldOfTanks.exe
  • Disable the "Download updates in advance" option for all games - the Game Center could be trying to download updates for any one of the three games. If WoWp and/or WoWs update downloads are failing, it could be locking up the Game Center.

Keep in mind, that even though you've previously given access permissions to various applications, Microsoft and Windows updates will sometimes reset them.

View PostWhistling_Death_, on Jul 07 2018 - 21:32, said:

Sounds like you really need to use the WG Check.exe tool to diagnose and fix the problem. 

Here are some links that may help you out.

Contact Support -

https://na.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wot/help/

General Information -

https://na.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wot/article/19163/

Technical Issues -

https://na.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wot/category/16837/#

How to create a WGCheck Report - To download and use the WG Check.exe tool -

https://na.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wot/article/19401/

So i really appreciate all of your suggesstions to my issue, but ive tried them all before posting my problem.  I cant even open the gaming center without it trying to update, so i can turn off the updates.  I've forwarded the needed ports on my router, tried running the game in safe mode, run as admin, turned off firewall and AV, uninstalled/reinstalled, cleared temp files, reset my router to factory default, flush dns, everything. I cant see how the problem could be at my end. 

If no one has any other ideas, i guess i might have to accept defeat...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users