Unable to download updates, gaming center and all games

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

Roadkillcafe #41 Posted Nov 15 2019 - 00:21

Private

• Players
  • 14646 battles
  • [B4RBR] B4RBR
Hello after reading through this thread as my friend (who's at university) was having an issue downloading games through the game center.  WG switched to a torrent style update which is blocked by some organizations for security and safety reasons on their networks.  I got him on a vpn and his update started immediately.  I haven't tested this a bunch I just managed to get his working again and though I'd share what worked for us hopefully it helps others but I don't know if it will work for everyone.

TraindKilla #42 Posted Nov 17 2019 - 23:46

Private

• Players
  • 11019 battles

View PostMatticus_1, on Oct 25 2019 - 03:41, said:

... I have since put alot of money into WoT, so now i am pissed.

Same Here!! Put a lot of time and real money into this game for the developers to ruin it. 

View PostRommelman1, on Oct 25 2019 - 00:45, said:

... you would think that WOT would know that their is a war against Torrent files now , and its world wide...so why would you run updates like that ? ...

Can't even download the Wargaming.net Game Center to even start downloading the game because there are no strait downloads for the full installation file.  Installed fine through Steam but I can't use my Wargaming.net login on Steam anymore either.  I'm about finished with the frustration of trying to play the Wargaming.net games.  Wish I didn't waste all that time and real money grinding through the game, and I'm definitely not starting over from scratch.

Edited by TraindKilla, Nov 17 2019 - 23:48.

Matticus_1 #43 Posted Nov 18 2019 - 00:28

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 4592 battles
  • [-GNR-] -GNR-

View PostTraindKilla, on Nov 17 2019 - 23:46, said:

Can't even download the Wargaming.net Game Center to even start downloading the game because there are no strait downloads for the full installation file.  Installed fine through Steam but I can't use my Wargaming.net login on Steam anymore either.  I'm about finished with the frustration of trying to play the Wargaming.net games.  Wish I didn't waste all that time and real money grinding through the game, and I'm definitely not starting over from scratch.

You will need to use a VPN. No other way around it, but it will work. PrivateVPN offers a 7 day free trial so you can try it out.

articpigs #44 Posted Nov 19 2019 - 03:57

Private

• Players
  • 5414 battles
  • [SITH_] SITH_
I was able to get it to work for me by using my mobile hotspot to begin any downloads, then switching to my normal internet connection.

SGDreadnought #45 Posted Yesterday, 06:42 AM

Private

• -Players-
  • 0 battles
The same thing is happening to me on my MacBook Pro where I try to download and open the Game Center and the update fails due to poor connection and I have strong signal and connection but quite frankly I'm not sure what the deal is if there is anyone who has had this and figured it out how did you do it this has been a major problem for me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users