Why I am once again thinking about leaving this game.

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

The_Illusive_Man #1 Posted Jul 07 2018 - 21:08

Major

• -Players-
  • 12051 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT

First, Id like to say I have not made the decision. Im just considering it.

So, why am I thinking this? There are two reasons. One is a minor annoyance, the other is the real reason.

Match Making

Players

Can you guess which one is the real reason I want to leave? No, not MM. The players. This is one of the only games I play where the skill gap is so massive. Or where skill even matters. So, what do I suggest to fix this? Challenges. Let me explain:

Starting at T5, curtain mid level challenges start to impede progress. At every tier, you must get the first MOE on the tank. That in my opinion would reduce the chances of terribad players from getting to T10. However, I also think this would make the players that do get there, much better. At T6-T9, other challenges come into play. Im not to sure what those would look like, but they would just add to the challenge.

What do you guys think? Anything to add?

shinglefoot #2 Posted Jul 07 2018 - 21:14

Major

• Players
  • 22405 battles
  • [LONER] LONER

I haven't played since before the "Russian refund" announcement, still waiting to see if I'm done or not.

Just hanging around to see what's what...not hopeful, but ok either way. Up to them.

Bogart1943 #3 Posted Jul 07 2018 - 21:16

Major

• Players
  • 29533 battles
  • [DHO6] DHO6
Doesn't fit the business model.  They WANT people to race to tier ten so they can be bamboozled into spending the green stuff.

The_Illusive_Man #4 Posted Jul 07 2018 - 21:16

Major

• -Players-
  • 12051 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT

View Postshinglefoot, on Jul 07 2018 - 16:14, said:

I haven't played since before the "Russian refund" announcement, still waiting to see if I'm done or not.

Just hanging around to see what's what...not hopeful, but ok either way. Up to them.

This 5X week has been terrible. So many utter trash players online :(

shinglefoot #5 Posted Jul 07 2018 - 21:18

Major

• Players
  • 22405 battles
  • [LONER] LONER

View PostThe_Illusive_Man, on Jul 07 2018 - 16:16, said:

Not missing a thing then...

Whistling_Death_ #6 Posted Jul 07 2018 - 21:19

Major

• -Players-
  • 57973 battles
  • [13-AD] 13-AD

Firstly, quitters never win and winners never quit.  There is no benefit in quitting, at anything.

Secondly, you have 11,853 battles worth of your time, effort and probably money invested in this game.  To flush four years of your time and effort down the toilet, advancing your skill and knowledge, would be a horrendous waste.  Don't do that.  Again, quitters never win.  Stick with it.  Never say die!  Never quit, at anything!

Thirdly, as in any game, the more time and effort you have invested in it, the better and better you become. This makes it seem to you that most other players are low skilled. No, you've just gotten better.  With your substantial 11,853 battles of experience, you are a far, far more knowledgeable and better player than you used to be.  This means you see and understand things you could not before and this includes other players who do not have your substantial experience and knowledge.  This occurs with any game, not just here in World of Tanks.

So instead of taking all that accumulated time, effort, skill and knowledge and throwing it out the window because you are now much better than other players, instead try to share your knowledge and experience with other players/tankers.  Doing so helps improve gameplay for everyone and so everyone has more and more fun.  :)  That's supposed to be the point of this forum, which is unfortunately misused and abused by the whiners.

If you see someone in your battles that made a wrong play, or a bad move, or could have done better if only if they had done X, then take a few moments to send them a private message after the battle and try to help them out.  I do this all the time.  For someone you see in a battle that made a great play or just did a fantastic job, then send them a private message too, thanking them.  :)   How much fun we get out of anything is based on how much we put into it.  Help others become better players and you'll have more fun.

Remember, there is no reward in quitting, so carry on! :)

Edited by Whistling_Death_, Jul 07 2018 - 21:37.

Whistling_Death_ #7 Posted Jul 07 2018 - 21:19

Major

• -Players-
  • 57973 battles
  • [13-AD] 13-AD

View Postshinglefoot, on Jul 07 2018 - 15:14, said:

There is no reward in quitting.  Quitters never win and winners never quit.

Whistling_Death_ #8 Posted Jul 07 2018 - 21:20

Major

• -Players-
  • 57973 battles
  • [13-AD] 13-AD

View PostThe_Illusive_Man, on Jul 07 2018 - 15:16, said:

No more than at any other time.  Don't be a whine/negative/toxic player.  That's worse than being a low skilled player.

The_Illusive_Man #9 Posted Jul 07 2018 - 21:22

Major

• -Players-
  • 12051 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT

View PostWhistling_Death_, on Jul 07 2018 - 16:19, said:

Firstly, quitters never win and winners never quit.  There is no benefit in quitting, at anything.

Secondly, you have 11,853 battles worth of your time, effort and probably money invested in this game.  To flush four years of your time and effort down the toilet, advancing your skill and knowledge, would be a horrendous waste.  Don't do that.  Again, quitters never win.  Stick with it.  Never say die!  Never quit, at anything!

Thirdly, as in any game, the more time and effort you have invested in it, the better and better become.  With your substantial 11,53 battles of experience, you are a far, far more knowledgeable and better player than you used to be.  This means you see and understand things you could not before and this includes other players who do not have your substantial experience and knowledge.  This occurs with any game, not just here in World of Tanks.

So instead of taking all that accumulated time, effort, skill and knowledge and throwing it out the window because you are now much better than other players, instead try to share your knowledge and experience with other players/tankers.  Doing so helps improve gameplay for everyone and so everyone has more and more fun.  :)  That's supposed to be the point of this forum, which is unfortunately misused and abused by the whiners.

If you see someone in your battles that made a wrong play, or a bad move, or could have done better if only if they had done X, then take a few moments to send them a private message after the battle and try to help them out.  I do this all the time.  For someone you see in a battle that made a great play or just did a fantastic job, then send them a private message too, thanking them.  :)   How much fun we get out of anything is based on how much we put into it.  Help others become better players and you'll have more fun.

I do tell people in game when to fall back, and other things. I used to do training, but ive been too tilted to do so nowadays.

Also, what do you think of my suggestion? You put a wall of text, but you missed the point.....

Edited by The_Illusive_Man, Jul 07 2018 - 21:25.

razzi123 #10 Posted Jul 07 2018 - 21:23

Major

• Players
  • 27556 battles
  • [RDDT6] RDDT6

View PostWhistling_Death_, on Jul 07 2018 - 15:19, said:

Thirdly, as in any game, the more time and effort you have invested in it, the better and better become.  With your substantial 11,53 battles of experience, you are a far, far more knowledgeable and better player than you used to be.  This means you see and understand things you could not before and this includes other players who do not have your substantial experience and knowledge.  This occurs with any game, not just here in World of Tanks.

^Couldnt have said it better...... :D

shinglefoot #11 Posted Jul 07 2018 - 21:26

Major

• Players
  • 22405 battles
  • [LONER] LONER

View PostWhistling_Death_, on Jul 07 2018 - 16:19, said:

There is no reward in quitting.  Quitters never win and winners never quit.

Tired of getting [edited] over...I refuse to support a company that treats it's PAYING customers like trash. I enjoy the game but I wont stand for [edited]baggery.

I'm funny that way...

GenPanzer #12 Posted Jul 07 2018 - 21:27

Major

• Players
  • 38443 battles

View PostWhistling_Death_, on Jul 07 2018 - 15:19, said:

Everyone quits every game at some point. Time spent in a game usually does not play a part in that decision.

_Tsavo_ #13 Posted Jul 07 2018 - 21:28

Major

• Players
  • 40592 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

I'm not sure I can agree with that idea, mainly because it's not against the rules to not be good at the game.  Everyone should be able to enjoy it, regardless of their ability to carry.  This obviously excludes those who only deliberately troll their team.  Though I would not be opposed to a set of tutorials more in depth as you unlock a tank in a tier and more clear instruction on mechanics and nuances of the game.  The 1st mark is basically "Congrats, you've learned to do your own HP in damage, good job" 

TishLover #14 Posted Jul 07 2018 - 21:28

Corporal

• Players
  • 14010 battles

Jesus 

Just go!!!!!!!!!!!!  fricking bunch of Primadonnas playing this game????

shinglefoot #15 Posted Jul 07 2018 - 21:29

Major

• Players
  • 22405 battles
  • [LONER] LONER

View PostTishLover, on Jul 07 2018 - 16:28, said:

Jesus 

Just go!!!!!!!!!!!!  fricking bunch of Primadonnas playing this game????

Triggered?

Chill bud...

The_Illusive_Man #16 Posted Jul 07 2018 - 21:30

Major

• -Players-
  • 12051 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT

View Post_Tsavo_, on Jul 07 2018 - 16:28, said:

I'm not sure I can agree with that idea, mainly because it's not against the rules to not be good at the game.  Everyone should be able to enjoy it, regardless of their ability to carry.  This obviously excludes those who only deliberately troll their team.  Though I would not be opposed to a set of tutorials more in depth as you unlock a tank in a tier and more clear instruction on mechanics and nuances of the game.  The 1st mark is basically "Congrats, you've learned to do your own HP in damage, good job" 

It is the easiest to do, but it would lock off most of the game for anyone not willing to at least learn something about the game. Also, T5 is in my opinion the best tier in the game...

Edited by The_Illusive_Man, Jul 07 2018 - 21:31.

Shortcult #17 Posted Jul 07 2018 - 21:32

Major

• Players
  • 35102 battles
Smacks of 'can't use skill rounds against lower tiered tanks', just not economically viable.  WG, perhaps more than most, loves their income dearly.

LeaveIT2Beaver #18 Posted Jul 07 2018 - 21:33

Major

• -Players-
  • 30030 battles
  • [J4F] J4F

Nudnick #19 Posted Jul 07 2018 - 21:38

Major

• -Players-
  • 23735 battles
I'm just waiting for Frontline to come back.

Whistling_Death_ #20 Posted Jul 07 2018 - 21:40

Major

• -Players-
  • 57973 battles
  • [13-AD] 13-AD

View PostThe_Illusive_Man, on Jul 07 2018 - 15:22, said:

I do tell people in game when to fall back, and other things. I used to do training, but ive been too tilted to do so nowadays.

Also, what do you think of my suggestion? You put a wall of text, but you missed the point.....

I thought I addressed not quitting and why in my, "wall of text"?  With all due respect, if answering your question was a, "wall of text",  I take it you don't read books?  :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users