Why I am once again thinking about leaving this game.

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

Whistling_Death_ #21 Posted Jul 07 2018 - 21:41

Major

• -Players-
  • 58940 battles
  • [13-AD] 13-AD

View PostTishLover, on Jul 07 2018 - 15:28, said:

Jesus 

Just go!!!!!!!!!!!!  fricking bunch of Primadonnas playing this game????

Jesus doesn't have anything to do with it and blasphemy is a very serious crime against God.

Whistling_Death_ #22 Posted Jul 07 2018 - 21:44

Major

• -Players-
  • 58940 battles
  • [13-AD] 13-AD

View PostGenPanzer, on Jul 07 2018 - 15:27, said:

Everyone quits every game at some point. Time spent in a game usually does not play a part in that decision.

Quitters never win and winners never quit.

Many young folks these days appear to suffer from Attention Deficit Disorder and bounce from game to game or anything else in life for that matter. It's a horrible problem these kids are suffering from and many of them don't even realize they have a problem -> https://add.org/

The_Illusive_Man #23 Posted Jul 07 2018 - 21:44

Major

• -Players-
  • 12620 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT

View PostWhistling_Death_, on Jul 07 2018 - 16:40, said:

I thought I addressed not quitting and why in my, "wall of text"?  With all due respect, if answering your question was a, "wall of text",  I take it you don't read books?  :)

I see you can only see what you want to. Read it again. But ignore the title this time. After all, you cant see past it....

Whistling_Death_ #24 Posted Jul 07 2018 - 21:46

Major

• -Players-
  • 58940 battles
  • [13-AD] 13-AD

View Postshinglefoot, on Jul 07 2018 - 15:26, said:

Tired of getting [edited] over...I refuse to support a company that treats it's PAYING customers like trash. I enjoy the game but I wont stand for [edited]baggery.

I'm funny that way...

I don't see the trash part at all.  I see errors, but not intentionally treating anyone like trash.  There is a lot of whining going on this forum though.

The_Illusive_Man #25 Posted Jul 07 2018 - 21:46

Major

• -Players-
  • 12620 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT

View PostWhistling_Death_, on Jul 07 2018 - 16:46, said:

I don't see the trash part at all.  I see errors, but not intentionally treating anyone like trash.  There is a lot of whining going on this forum though.

Welcome to my blacklist.

Mudman24 #26 Posted Jul 07 2018 - 21:51

Major

• Players
  • 36561 battles

View PostThe_Illusive_Man, on Jul 07 2018 - 14:08, said:

First, Id like to say I have not made the decision. Im just considering it.

So, why am I thinking this? There are two reasons. One is a minor annoyance, the other is the real reason.

Match Making

Players

Can you guess which one is the real reason I want to leave? No, not MM. The players. This is one of the only games I play where the skill gap is so massive. Or where skill even matters. So, what do I suggest to fix this? Challenges. Let me explain:

Starting at T5, curtain mid level challenges start to impede progress. At every tier, you must get the first MOE on the tank. That in my opinion would reduce the chances of terribad players from getting to T10. However, I also think this would make the players that do get there, much better. At T6-T9, other challenges come into play. Im not to sure what those would look like, but they would just add to the challenge.

What do you guys think? Anything to add?

Dude, there wouldn't be enough players to fill a tier 10 battle. I am statistically better than like 90% of the player base and I have tier 10s without the first MOE. There would literally be like 10 people queued up for those battles. 

Edited by Mudman24, Jul 07 2018 - 22:00.

UnitG2 #27 Posted Jul 07 2018 - 21:54

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 27954 battles

View PostWhistling_Death_, on Jul 07 2018 - 12:19, said:

Firstly, quitters never win and winners never quit.  There is no benefit in quitting, at anything.

Secondly, you have 11,853 battles worth of your time, effort and probably money invested in this game.  To flush four years of your time and effort down the toilet, advancing your skill and knowledge, would be a horrendous waste.  Don't do that.  Again, quitters never win.  Stick with it.  Never say die!  Never quit, at anything!

This is such an inspiring post I went out and bought my first pack of smokes in 10 years! Thank you!

H3llCat_ #28 Posted Jul 07 2018 - 21:58

Sergeant

• Players
  • 8337 battles

View PostWhistling_Death_, on Jul 07 2018 - 20:46, said:

Sure they do ...it's called retiring ...winners do it all the time and for various reasons.......

Zamboniman_60 #29 Posted Jul 07 2018 - 22:01

Sergeant

• Players
  • 20436 battles

View PostThe_Illusive_Man, on Jul 07 2018 - 20:08, said:

So, why am I thinking this? There are two reasons. One is a minor annoyance, the other is the real reason.

Match Making

Players

Can you guess which one is the real reason I want to leave? No, not MM. The players. This is one of the only games I play where the skill gap is so massive. Or where skill even matters. So, what do I suggest to fix this? Challenges. Let me explain:

Starting at T5, curtain mid level challenges start to impede progress. At every tier, you must get the first MOE on the tank. That in my opinion would reduce the chances of terribad players from getting to T10. However, I also think this would make the players that do get there, much better. At T6-T9, other challenges come into play. Im not to sure what those would look like, but they would just add to the challenge.

Interesting but as pointed out... WG wants everyone's money so that probably wouldn't even be considered.  MOE's are a good judge of skill but perhaps a bit heavy handed... Perhaps using an individual's Personal Rating would be a good measuring stick of how far up the tier structure one should be allowed to go?  That would prevent players with a 3K personal rating of rolling out tier 10s in matches that the rest of the team depends on their skill level to win games...

Personally I resent certain players that when they're bottom tier, get all dramatic.  I get it but when they start doing stupid stuff like saying "I'm out" and just drive into the water... well it's a bit irritating but even more so when you get those players that start shooting their own team mates just because their pissed.  Their little hissy fit usually costs their team the match and to me... that's the most irritating thing about this game...

CapPhrases #30 Posted Jul 07 2018 - 22:02

Major

• -Players-
  • 7273 battles
  • [TXV] TXV

View PostWhistling_Death_, on Jul 07 2018 - 15:44, said:

Many young folks these days appear to suffer from Attention Deficit Disorder and bounce from game to game or anything else in life for that matter. It's a horrible problem these kids are suffering from and many of them don't even realize they have a problem -> https://add.org/

so I have to keep playing every game I ever started forever?

wth?

when I tire of a game I leave, doesn't matter the reason when it's not fun I don't play it plain and simple.

Insanefriend #31 Posted Jul 07 2018 - 22:02

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 38460 battles

I don't think a skill wall with the MoE system would work as it's a moving target.  You'd just get a ton of players stuck at that tier till the MoE level went down and the players got past it anyways.  Never mind that once past it you mention no checks that they need to keep said skill.  Kind of like people drivers tests, people do well enough to pass those but still drive like idiots most of the time after that.

This week is just bad i've seen quite a few people do things that boggle my mind.  Like the arty i had in a match this morning that drove past me in my t28 into two spotted td.  Not to mention the other two i said were there but un spotted...............

CapPhrases #32 Posted Jul 07 2018 - 22:05

Major

• -Players-
  • 7273 battles
  • [TXV] TXV
I think a PVE mode for the those of us who are less skilled at the game could probably help the frustration of some

Insanefriend #33 Posted Jul 07 2018 - 22:07

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 38460 battles

View PostCapPhrases, on Jul 07 2018 - 15:05, said:

I think a PVE mode for the those of us who are less skilled at the game could probably help the frustration of some

This would be a better idea, then skill walls.

I_QQ_4_U #34 Posted Jul 07 2018 - 22:13

Major

• -Players-
  • 17535 battles

View PostWhistling_Death_, on Jul 07 2018 - 21:19, said:

There is no benefit in quitting, at anything.

Sure there is, if you're bored of a game the benefit is you can quit and play something else that doesn't bore you. I've quit lots of good, even great games, just because I'm bored with them, why would I want to be a masochist and keep playing something I don't want to. I am starting to get bored with WoT too, don't play nearly as much as I used to and I think they game is far better than it was when I started playing. I guess if I obsessed about stats it might artificially give me a reason to play but I think that's why creates all these ragers, whiners and crybabies.

Maegenwulf #35 Posted Jul 07 2018 - 22:17

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 846 battles

View PostThe_Illusive_Man, on Jul 07 2018 - 21:08, said:

Match Making

Players

I think the real problem here is your attitude.  This is a GAME, if you want ALL of us to have to find another game to play start screwing around with who has a "right" to play certain tiers or tanks.  If it is beneath you to play a game with the unwashed, unskilled peasants then perhaps YOU should move on.  Everyone has a right to play at whatever tier they can grind up to.

Video games are like golf and sex, you don't have to be good to have fun.

DrWho_ #36 Posted Jul 07 2018 - 22:35

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 13312 battles

View PostWhistling_Death_, on Jul 07 2018 - 21:41, said:

Jesus doesn't have anything to do with it and blasphemy is a very serious crime against God.

In the beginning was the word, and the word was ARRGH
--Piraticus 13:7

You should read "The book of cannons" by  St. John the Blasphemist, Saint of Made up Holidays and Freak'n Awesome Holy Texts

The_Illusive_Man #37 Posted Jul 07 2018 - 22:36

Major

• -Players-
  • 12620 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT

View PostMaegenwulf, on Jul 07 2018 - 17:17, said:

I think the real problem here is your attitude.  This is a GAME, if you want ALL of us to have to find another game to play start screwing around with who has a "right" to play certain tiers or tanks.  If it is beneath you to play a game with the unwashed, unskilled peasants then perhaps YOU should move on.  Everyone has a right to play at whatever tier they can grind up to.

Video games are like golf and sex, you don't have to be good to have fun.

No one has a right to anything. My attitude is that I hate players that refuse to learn a game they are playing. Regardless of fun. They are a drag on the game, and most likely on society.

DrWho_ #38 Posted Jul 07 2018 - 22:38

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 13312 battles

View PostI_QQ_4_U, on Jul 07 2018 - 22:13, said:

Sure there is, if you're bored of a game the benefit is you can quit and play something else that doesn't bore you. I've quit lots of good, even great games, just because I'm bored with them, why would I want to be a masochist and keep playing something I don't want to. I am starting to get bored with WoT too, don't play nearly as much as I used to and I think they game is far better than it was when I started playing. I guess if I obsessed about stats it might artificially give me a reason to play but I think that's why creates all these ragers, whiners and crybabies.

If you don't like something stop throwing good money after bad, or time if you're on a F2P account, just keep going because of previous "investment" of time and money is the wrong reasons to continue. When I get tired/annoyed of this game I will simply walk away

Slatherer #39 Posted Jul 07 2018 - 22:43

Major

• Players
  • 33530 battles
How about another phrase beside quitters never win?

How about life's too short?

Sure, there are some hardline commitments in life, but gaming isn't one of them.

You work hard, you deserve rewards, variety and fulfillment.

If you find something else that does it better for you, go for it.

Maegenwulf #40 Posted Jul 07 2018 - 22:43

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 846 battles

View PostInsanefriend, on Jul 07 2018 - 22:07, said:

This would be a better idea, then skill walls.

Problem with that is what happens to queue times and MM when you take a big chunk of the players out of the PvP side?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users