Why I am once again thinking about leaving this game.

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

OldFrog75 #41 Posted Jul 07 2018 - 22:43

Major

• -Players-
  • 10312 battles
  • [5M0K3] 5M0K3

View PostThe_Illusive_Man, on Jul 07 2018 - 12:08, said:

Starting at T5, curtain mid level challenges start to impede progress. At every tier, you must get the first MOE on the tank. That in my opinion would reduce the chances of terribad players from getting to T10. However, I also think this would make the players that do get there, much better. At T6-T9, other challenges come into play. Im not to sure what those would look like, but they would just add to the challenge.

What do you guys think? Anything to add?

I think it would take players too long to get the MOE.  They would get frustrated/bored and stop playing the game.  WG needs more players, not fewer.

OldFrog75 #42 Posted Jul 07 2018 - 22:48

Major

• -Players-
  • 10312 battles
  • [5M0K3] 5M0K3
I never quite understand these threads.  I would think good players would welcome more bad players to farm rather than want to get rid of them - unless you are hyper-focused on WR. 

Maegenwulf #43 Posted Jul 07 2018 - 22:49

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 846 battles

View PostThe_Illusive_Man, on Jul 07 2018 - 22:36, said:

No one has a right to anything. My attitude is that I hate players that refuse to learn a game they are playing. Regardless of fun. They are a drag on the game, and most likely on society.

You need some help then bud.  You think no one has a right to play a GAME?  You think that ability in playing a game has some bearing on how successful people are in real life?  

Wow, usually that goes the other way with somebody calling out a good player for living in his mom's basement.  Go see a mental health professional, and soon.  This kind of delusional thinking cannot be good for you.

Slone #44 Posted Jul 08 2018 - 00:40

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 18575 battles
  • [DD-S] DD-S

View PostThe_Illusive_Man, on Jul 07 2018 - 15:08, said:

Starting at T5, curtain mid level challenges start to impede progress. At every tier, you must get the first MOE on the tank. 

What is it, 65% to get the first mark? So you're advocating barring 2/3 of the players from progressing beyond T5? And of the 1/3 remaining, 2/3 couldn't get past T6. So 1/3 of the player base gets to T6, 1/9 to T7, 1/27 to T8, 1/81 to T9, and only 1 in 243 players could progress to T10. On the central server where the population is 16k on a good prime time that means 65 people could potentially play a T10 battle. Do you honestly think this is a good idea? Do you honestly think that this sounds like a good business model? That your idea would make more money for Wargaming than the current model? 

The OP has just proven that someone who is above average at a video game can be INCREDIBLY stupid at other aspects of life. More specifically, areas that involve the real world and rational thought.

Or maybe the intention of the OP was just to spew some elitist drivel to try to make them feel better about themselves.

The_Illusive_Man #45 Posted Jul 08 2018 - 01:55

Major

• -Players-
  • 12080 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT

View PostSlone, on Jul 07 2018 - 19:40, said:

What is it, 65% to get the first mark? So you're advocating barring 2/3 of the players from progressing beyond T5? And of the 1/3 remaining, 2/3 couldn't get past T6. So 1/3 of the player base gets to T6, 1/9 to T7, 1/27 to T8, 1/81 to T9, and only 1 in 243 players could progress to T10. On the central server where the population is 16k on a good prime time that means 65 people could potentially play a T10 battle. Do you honestly think this is a good idea? Do you honestly think that this sounds like a good business model? That your idea would make more money for Wargaming than the current model? 

The OP has just proven that someone who is above average at a video game can be INCREDIBLY stupid at other aspects of life. More specifically, areas that involve the real world and rational thought.

Or maybe the intention of the OP was just to spew some elitist drivel to try to make them feel better about themselves.

You dont get it do you? If you FORCE players to do something, they will do it. Its human nature. Also, I dont think like you, literally. So dont put your 'rational" thoughts to me.

MCBAIN4EVER #46 Posted Jul 08 2018 - 02:09

Captain

• Players
  • 13202 battles
  • [AWOO] AWOO

Play some nasty arty and blow up some enemy tanks, that should help with the bad time you are having.

That worked for me at least (I lost 0.1% WR in one week, I was so tilted I played an entire day with my F3 arty, the funny thing is my WR went up that same amount LOL).

DrWho_ #47 Posted Jul 08 2018 - 02:11

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 11286 battles

View PostThe_Illusive_Man, on Jul 08 2018 - 01:55, said:

You dont get it do you? If you FORCE players to do something, they will do it. Its human nature.

...or quit, do you really want even fewer people on the NA server ?

The_Illusive_Man #48 Posted Jul 08 2018 - 02:12

Major

• -Players-
  • 12080 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT

View PostMCBAIN4EVER, on Jul 07 2018 - 21:09, said:

Play some nasty arty and blow up some enemy tanks, that should help with the bad time you are having.

That worked for me at least (I lost 0.1% WR in one week, I was so tilted I played an entire day with my F3 arty, the funny thing is my WR went up that same amount LOL).

I noticed that works well :) I just play the T49 or the KV-2.

View PostDrWho_, on Jul 07 2018 - 21:11, said:

...or quit, do you really want even fewer people on the NA server ?

Id rather players leave than stay in the gutter.

Haruhi_Suzumiya_ #49 Posted Jul 08 2018 - 02:22

Major

• Players
  • 33436 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO

View PostWhistling_Death_, on Jul 07 2018 - 21:44, said:

Quitters never win and winners never quit.

Many young folks these days appear to suffer from Attention Deficit Disorder and bounce from game to game or anything else in life for that matter. It's a horrible problem these kids are suffering from and many of them don't even realize they have a problem -> https://add.org/

You're a stubborn man spewing phrases straight out of cartoons. Following incredibly static ideas only limits yourself. Quitting this game saves you cash, time, and mental stability you could greatly be using somewhere else. Your family won't be shot if you quit, know when to cut losses.

Quit the grandpa-stories nonsense. 

Altwar #50 Posted Jul 08 2018 - 02:41

Major

• Players
  • 54220 battles
  • [A-F] A-F

View PostBogart1943, on Jul 07 2018 - 12:16, said:

Doesn't fit the business model.  They WANT people to race to tier ten so they can be bamboozled into spending the green stuff.

I've been here for years and only once raced to a tier 10.  That being the FV4202 when getting a CAX in it's place was on the line.  Even then, I had plenty of free xp stacked up so racing up that line cost me $0.  Of course, there's those players who WANT to rush up to tier 10s and will spend $$$ to do so because they can't wait.  So Wargaming caters to that and makes money while those who rush get what they want.   How exactly are players being bamboozled again?

Slone #51 Posted Jul 08 2018 - 02:58

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 18575 battles
  • [DD-S] DD-S

View PostThe_Illusive_Man, on Jul 07 2018 - 19:55, said:

I dont think like you

You also don't think like a businessman or anyone who has a clue about running a company. You're an elitist snob who places FAR too much importance on playing a game well.

GenPanzer #52 Posted Jul 08 2018 - 03:26

Major

• Players
  • 38473 battles

View PostWhistling_Death_, on Jul 07 2018 - 15:44, said:

Quitters never win and winners never quit.

Many young folks these days appear to suffer from Attention Deficit Disorder and bounce from game to game or anything else in life for that matter. It's a horrible problem these kids are suffering from and many of them don't even realize they have a problem -> https://add.org/

It's just a game. Another well known and well said phrase. And if nobody ever quit a game, then no one would be here cuz they'd still be playing Pong, or Pac-Man. The point is every game has a lifespan and that lifespan is different for everyone. I'm sure there is someone out there that is still enjoying playing Pac-Man from time to time, but every gamer moves on at some point.

This game has a certain shelf-life for everyone. Some just want to reach a certain tank. Some want to just try all aspects of the game (clans, missions, etc). Some want to have the best crew. Some want to own all the tanks. Once one reaches those goals, they can either set new ones, or find another game to play. It has nothing to do with ADD.

Wtornado #53 Posted Jul 08 2018 - 04:06

Captain

• Players
  • 30950 battles

First, Id like to say I have not made the decision. Im just considering it.

So, why am I thinking this? There are two reasons. One is a minor annoyance, the other is the real reason.

Match Making

Players

Can you guess which one is the real reason I want to leave? No, not MM. The players. This is one of the only games I play where the skill gap is so massive. Or where skill even matters. So, what do I suggest to fix this? Challenges. Let me explain:

Starting at T5, curtain mid level challenges start to impede progress. At every tier, you must get the first MOE on the tank. That in my opinion would reduce the chances of terribad players from getting to T10. However, I also think this would make the players that do get there, much better. At T6-T9, other challenges come into play. Im not to sure what those would look like, but they would just add to the challenge.

#REMOVEARTY

Siege_Engine #54 Posted Jul 08 2018 - 04:12

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 9772 battles
  • [CNCRD] CNCRD

View PostNudnick, on Jul 07 2018 - 21:38, said:

I'm just waiting for Frontline to come back.

LOL !!!!

eisen1973 #55 Posted Jul 08 2018 - 07:50

Major

• Players
  • 53135 battles
  • [_B-Z_] _B-Z_

So, why am I thinking this? There are two reasons. One is a minor annoyance, the other is the real reason.

Match Making

Players

Can you guess which one is the real reason I want to leave? No, not MM. The players. This is one of the only games I play where the skill gap is so massive. Or where skill even matters. So, what do I suggest to fix this? Challenges. Let me explain:

Just remember it's free to play, you can come back (or not) at anytime.

SkaerKrow #56 Posted Jul 08 2018 - 07:57

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 17095 battles
Gating players from progression when they already have to spend time grinding is [edited]asinine. What you should actually want is a skill based MM game type, not some idiotic hurdle that would go a long way towards killing the game outright. If this is the best that you’ve got then yeah, maybe you should just go. 

LintinPocket #57 Posted Jul 08 2018 - 08:35

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 455 battles

View PostThe_Illusive_Man, on Jul 07 2018 - 14:08, said:

Match Making

Players

Sorry no sane business man would force his customers to show a level of skill or ability or whatever before they can buy one of his better products. You understand this is a business. This is a successful business. You can argue why that happened. But as such there is absolutely no way this should or can or will happen.

Secondly you nor any other player has the right to restrict play. Alter play or in any manner dictate how well someone has to perform. Seriously that is absurd. UNLESS you own the business. Then you could do a lot of things differently. If the game doesn't meet your standards or if it is no longer fun you have to decide to stay or go. You really have no right to change what others can or have to do to make it better/morefun/whatever for you.

Edited by LintinPocket, Jul 08 2018 - 08:36.

LintinPocket #58 Posted Jul 08 2018 - 08:44

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 455 battles

View PostThe_Illusive_Man, on Jul 07 2018 - 18:55, said:

You dont get it do you? If you FORCE players to do something, they will do it. Its human nature.

If you actually believe this its kind of scary. People sir do not need to be forced into or out of a leisure activity because some elitist ( blank blank) says they don't want them to interfere with their leisure fun standards. You seriously don't see what an arrogant elitist attitude you have. I mean IMO some people should take a psychological profile testing before being allowed to play with other humans online.

LintinPocket #59 Posted Jul 08 2018 - 08:52

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 455 battles

View PostMaegenwulf, on Jul 07 2018 - 15:49, said:

You need some help then bud.  You think no one has a right to play a GAME?  You think that ability in playing a game has some bearing on how successful people are in real life?  

Wow, usually that goes the other way with somebody calling out a good player for living in his mom's basement.  Go see a mental health professional, and soon.  This kind of delusional thinking cannot be good for you.

Agree 1000%. I find it after 45 years of being in business myself and putting 5 kids thru college retiring with no need for the government to send me a check every month. That the correlation between skill in a video game and success in life is real close to ZERO.

EmperorJuliusCaesar #60 Posted Jul 08 2018 - 14:35

Major

• Players
  • 26953 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View PostThe_Illusive_Man, on Jul 07 2018 - 12:08, said:

Match Making

Players

I don't blame the players, some are casual, some play for fun, some are newer, and some are young or old.

The problem is MM, and MM only.  It should either separate the groups or balance the matches by skill on each side.  Until that happens, what we have now will stay.  I.E. a great number of imbalanced matches that are no fun for either side. 

What you're suggesting would hurt WG's profit and would therefore be bad for the game. 

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users