THE Final Answer

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

Siege_Engine #1 Posted Jul 10 2018 - 01:56

Captain

• -Players-
  • 10298 battles
  • [AP-CR] AP-CR

I put on my headphones.  I log in.  I pour a brew.  I'm happy to be playing.  I'm all smiles and optimism.  

Here it is.  THE final answer.  

During the first 3 or 4 battles, if I'm on a losing "random" team where 5 people do ZERO damage, and it's a stupid rofl-stomp, then I'm done.  

No.  I'm not going to pay to shoot more gold shells.  I'm not going to pay to run more consumables.  I'm not going to grind endless hours to earn bonds.  I'm not going to pay someone for lessons.  I'm not going to keep playing until I get a "statistical sample of games".  Most importantly of all; I'm not going to 'get gud'.  

I'm going to log out and wait until the next day.  I'm going to wait for realistically balanced teams.  Teams that matter.  And, I'll try again.  Because I like the game.  Mehhhh, I can't find anything better.  That's it.  I can't find anything better.  

So I'll wait for the next day.  I'll try again.  

Edited by Siege_Engine, Jul 10 2018 - 01:58.

Nudnick #2 Posted Jul 10 2018 - 02:00

Major

• -Players-
  • 24838 battles
Yeah, that's about it. I always find something better to do.

nosreborg #3 Posted Jul 10 2018 - 02:07

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 19059 battles
  • [RT6] RT6
You might never "get gud" but you can always improve and have fun.

nasfan #4 Posted Jul 10 2018 - 02:32

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 24935 battles
I have found Ultimate General: Civil War and Men of War: Assault Squad 2 to be a pleasant distraction over the last 4 days.  I haven't gone to bed irritated, or on tilt, one time during that period. Its been nice. 

dominator_98 #5 Posted Jul 10 2018 - 03:00

Major

• -Players-
  • 20243 battles
  • [NUFFS] NUFFS
I see way too many people take winning and losing too seriously, and I have no idea why. Especially casual players, why do you care if you win or lose? Play the battle the best you can and move on to the next one. The only times I’ve ever went to bed tilted were because of either getting artied for craploads of hp or losses that shouldn’t have happened in clan play.

Hurk #6 Posted Jul 10 2018 - 03:35

Major

• Players
  • 52140 battles
  • [KGR] KGR
the days when i have a 30% or less win rate (yes, it happens), i just switch down tiers and play tanks i enjoy, and some that are just stupid OP, especially on months like this one with a mission that allows me to use the Marder 38t and churchill III to finish it. 

BabA_YA6A #7 Posted Jul 10 2018 - 03:41

Captain

• Players
  • 26287 battles
  • [O-VER] O-VER

View Postnosreborg, on Jul 10 2018 - 09:07, said:

You might never "get gud" but you can always improve and have fun.

You might never "get gud".... Says the guys who stat pads Tier II....

Flarvin #8 Posted Jul 10 2018 - 03:47

Major

• Players
  • 52042 battles
Wow. My fun is dependent on my performance, not anyone else. 

Shortcult #9 Posted Jul 10 2018 - 04:13

Major

• Players
  • 37134 battles

Trying to play every tank in  my garage, 83 down, 113 to go.

That however does not dampen the OP's point, I do the same thing.  Three bad ones and I move on to the next thing.  So it takes me a week to finish, meh.

Eleven_Hotel #10 Posted Jul 10 2018 - 04:13

Captain

• Players
  • 86615 battles
  • [1VETS] 1VETS

Summertime or other school vacations usually lower the quality of game play.

It is usually by inexperience of the players.

Slatherer #11 Posted Jul 10 2018 - 04:17

Major

• Players
  • 33939 battles
So.... just one brew a day?  I'm sure you can find something better to keep it flowing.

EmperorJuliusCaesar #12 Posted Jul 10 2018 - 05:45

Major

• Players
  • 30451 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View PostSiege_Engine, on Jul 09 2018 - 16:56, said:

I put on my headphones.  I log in.  I pour a brew.  I'm happy to be playing.  I'm all smiles and optimism.  

During the first 3 or 4 battles, if I'm on a losing "random" team where 5 people do ZERO damage, and it's a stupid rofl-stomp, then I'm done.  

No.  I'm not going to pay to shoot more gold shells.  I'm not going to pay to run more consumables.  I'm not going to grind endless hours to earn bonds.  I'm not going to pay someone for lessons.  I'm not going to keep playing until I get a "statistical sample of games".  Most importantly of all; I'm not going to 'get gud'.  

I'm going to log out and wait until the next day.  I'm going to wait for realistically balanced teams.  Teams that matter.  And, I'll try again.  Because I like the game.  Mehhhh, I can't find anything better.  That's it.  I can't find anything better.  

Sadly many are against balanced matches, where wins are actually earned.

A quote from one:

""fair fights arent always fun"

"i dont want every match to be a slug fest"

I.E. The skilled players don't want fair battles because they don't want an actual challenge, only stats so they look good.

They're too selfish to see how bad it is for the game and how many players are ran off because of how many unbalanced battles we have.

EmperorJuliusCaesar #13 Posted Jul 10 2018 - 05:47

Major

• Players
  • 30451 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View Postdominator_98, on Jul 09 2018 - 18:00, said:

I see way too many people take winning and losing too seriously, and I have no idea why. Especially casual players, why do you care if you win or lose? Play the battle the best you can and move on to the next one. The only times I’ve ever went to bed tilted were because of either getting artied for craploads of hp or losses that shouldn’t have happened in clan play.

It's not so much the winning and losing.  It's the number of crap battles that are so imbalanced they are over in 3-4 mins.  That's not a challenge and it CERTAINLY isn't fun.

Guido1212 #14 Posted Jul 10 2018 - 08:49

Community Contributor

• Players
  • 77083 battles
  • [CARTL] CARTL

View PostSiege_Engine, on Jul 10 2018 - 00:56, said:

Are balanced (whatever that is) teams going to make you better?

Are they going to result in more close games?  If you think so, why?

Albinosmurfs #15 Posted Jul 10 2018 - 09:21

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 12734 battles

View PostEmperorJuliusCaesar, on Jul 10 2018 - 05:45, said:

Sadly many are against balanced matches, where wins are actually earned.

A quote from one:

""fair fights arent always fun"

"i dont want every match to be a slug fest"

I.E. The skilled players don't want fair battles because they don't want an actual challenge, only stats so they look good.

They're too selfish to see how bad it is for the game and how many players are ran off because of how many unbalanced battles we have.

That's weird the arguement against SBM is that it punishes good players, not that good players don't want a challenge.

Guido1212 #16 Posted Jul 10 2018 - 09:56

Community Contributor

• Players
  • 77083 battles
  • [CARTL] CARTL

View PostAlbinosmurfs, on Jul 10 2018 - 08:21, said:

That's weird the arguement against SBM is that it punishes good players, not that good players don't want a challenge.

It doesn’t punish good players any more than it will help bad ones.

_Gungrave_ #17 Posted Jul 10 2018 - 10:10

Major

• Players
  • 42534 battles
  • [X-OUT] X-OUT

View Postdominator_98, on Jul 10 2018 - 03:00, said:

Because most people have the mindset that the only real goal is to win and they treasure winning over everything else. As someone who has finished most of the tech tree tanks I've always played with the "play to the best of my ability" mentality while being patient and seeing how things play out. Every player has control over how well they can do in a match but less control over the outcome of a match.

EmperorJuliusCaesar #18 Posted Jul 10 2018 - 10:42

Major

• Players
  • 30451 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View PostGuido1212, on Jul 09 2018 - 23:49, said:

View PostSiege_Engine, on Jul 10 2018 - 00:56, said:

Are balanced (whatever that is) teams going to make you better?

Are they going to result in more close games?  If you think so, why?

Balanced by having skill on both sides roughly the same, but be willfully ignorant if you want.

Again, it's not about making someone better, it's not about "winning more" as many claim those of us wanting balanced matches want.  We want better quality battles.  Not auto-wins and auto-losses that are over in 3-4 mins.   Those matches happen far too often and are driving away our playerbase.

It would result in closer and more fun games because that's what happens when teams are balanced.  Most sports leagues etc do this.  It's even done in bowling etc because if you're not on the same skill level, it's not enjoyable to most.  There's just no point, you know the winner before it starts.  Same with our game WoT.  Far too often you know who's going to win before it starts.  Many find those games to worse than not enjoyable, they find them to be a waste of a time and want to play a diff game where their time isn't wasted by crap battles.

EmperorJuliusCaesar #19 Posted Jul 10 2018 - 10:44

Major

• Players
  • 30451 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View PostAlbinosmurfs, on Jul 10 2018 - 00:21, said:

That's what they usually claim.  SBMM means everyone gets fair, fun, and challenging battles and no one gets free wins.

Anyone not wanting fair and challenging battles is clearly not wanting a challenge.  They want to have "good stats" in a 13+ video GAME.

Knagar #20 Posted Jul 10 2018 - 11:28

Captain

• Players
  • 20326 battles

View PostSiege_Engine, on Jul 09 2018 - 19:56, said:

Most importantly of all; I'm not going to 'get gud'.  

I'm going to log out and wait until the next day.  I'm going to wait for realistically balanced teams.    

While this whole post is just one sloppy dumpster fire, these two points really stand out.

You want fair and balanced teams, but you're not willing to put in any effort at all.

Over the last 24h you've played 45 games. You've won 22, and lost 23, making it what, a 48% WR? I mean that seems balanced to me. Are you expecting a 75% WR in a game where you have a statistical 50% chance of winning. You wouldn't be here complaining if you did, would you.

People love to blame MM and not the players, no idea why that is. MM doesn't purposely put players on your team that do zero damage. It has no idea what the players will do.

The blame is on players, and partly WG for allowing people to continually AFK, or rewarding stupid plays like suicide scouting, and allowing people to lose their way up the tiers. And I get it, we all have our bad games where we might get caught out and annihilated by say an FV4005, but WG should do something about continuously doing no damage.

They won't though, cuts into profits. They also can't do Skill Based MM, it would leave people who actually try and bother getting good in stupid long queues. No point in punishing someone for doing well.

In the end we blame the players, better players = better matches.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users