Jump to content


The Ghost Shell Problem


  • Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

The_Illusive_Man #21 Posted Jul 11 2018 - 23:32

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 12748 battles
  • 2,997
  • [RDDT] RDDT
  • Member since:
    08-30-2014

View PostMCBAIN4EVER, on Jul 11 2018 - 17:37, said:

 

The shot went under the barrel and above the hull, that's one lucky scout.

 

Watch out that APCR has more shell velocity and can confuse your aiming and your sight.

 

If it was a ghost shell, looks like a tracking shot.

 

No, it hit the upper plate....

 

 



Devil__Anse #22 Posted Jul 12 2018 - 04:53

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 1806 battles
  • 282
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO
  • Member since:
    05-05-2013
an admitted issue in the past and it amazes me how every time it gets brought up everyone including the community rushes to the defense of the game

Chad_D_Thunderglock #23 Posted Jul 12 2018 - 14:31

    Captain

  • Players
  • 23347 battles
  • 1,341
  • Member since:
    12-24-2013

View PostMCBAIN4EVER, on Jul 11 2018 - 22:37, said:

 

The shot went under the barrel and above the hull, that's one lucky scout.

 

Watch out that APCR has more shell velocity and can confuse your aiming and your sight.

 

If it was a ghost shell, looks like a tracking shot.

 

No, it went right through him. I've seen this countless times since 1.0 came out, this is just one I bothered to go into the replay and record. Open it up in full screen and watch it in 1080p, it just goes into the front plate and disappears. That match I fired nearly all of my ammo and had a handful of hits. 

Kliphie #24 Posted Jul 12 2018 - 16:01

    Major

  • Players
  • 31023 battles
  • 3,305
  • [IOC] IOC
  • Member since:
    07-20-2012
Or it went over between the gun and UP and was still being rendered despite being on the other side of the vehicle.  A free cam view of the replay from an oblique angle would help.  

Chad_D_Thunderglock #25 Posted Jul 12 2018 - 17:36

    Captain

  • Players
  • 23347 battles
  • 1,341
  • Member since:
    12-24-2013

View PostKliphie, on Jul 12 2018 - 16:01, said:

Or it went over between the gun and UP and was still being rendered despite being on the other side of the vehicle.  A free cam view of the replay from an oblique angle would help.  

 

I know you need to suck WG's [edited]a whole lot, but if you use the crapbuilt into the front of your face and look you can see exactly what happened. 

Kliphie #26 Posted Jul 12 2018 - 21:23

    Major

  • Players
  • 31023 battles
  • 3,305
  • [IOC] IOC
  • Member since:
    07-20-2012

View PostAbsolutely_Degenerate, on Jul 12 2018 - 11:36, said:

 

I know you need to suck WG's [edited]a whole lot, but if you use the crapbuilt into the front of your face and look you can see exactly what happened. 

 

I did.  That's how I learned how the 3rd dimension and perspective work.  I guess assuming is just easier for some people than verifying.  




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users